AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 19:28   Link #2681
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well, it'd be hard to just slap thrusters on something the size of Second Moon and move it if they weren't built in in the first place, though if Second Moon was as close to Mars as AGE made it look, thrusters would make sense to help it keep orbit. Did Ezelcant cover it up? Maybe. But my guess is only the lower rank-and-file and civilians don't/didn't know about it. As for why not earlier, you're guess is as good as mine.

If it was accelerated slowly enough, probably not. But given the short amount of time that seems to have passed between Kio's jailbreak and it showing up so close to the Moon, that thing is blazing through space. Given the mass and speeds involved, it'd be almost impossible to hide moving the colony.

Heh, there's a good tech discussion. What kind of thrusters is Second Moon using to get from Mars to Earth in the amount of time that has passed?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 19:30   Link #2682
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Why would they want to blow up the Earth? Ezelcant pretty much told Kio the entire plan and nowhere did it mention a colony drop...They want the Earth intact so that whoever's left from Vagan and Federation will inherit it. Eden isn't meant to be a barren wasteland but this lush paradise. If they drop Second Moon, given its sheer size, Earth would be uninhabitable for centuries.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:42   Link #2683
solidvanz
Special Operative

Funky red-haired Vagan guy:

ファルク・オクラムド
Old 2012-08-19, 04:12   Link #2684
bio9205
Reborn

Just another one of those cannon fodder commanders, probably. More interested in what suit the mysterious new Vagan tube guy will be piloting, since he's been dubbed the greatest Vagan pilot.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 04:16   Link #2685
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Just another one of those cannon fodder commanders, probably. More interested in what suit the mysterious new Vagan tube guy will be piloting, since he's been dubbed the greatest Vagan pilot.
Now this has me curious. Is he the "greatest" pilot due to him undergoing modifications in the tube or something? Or is he like...a cloned/reborn copy of the greatest pilot?
Old 2012-08-19, 04:18   Link #2686
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Now this has me curious. Is he the "greatest" pilot due to him undergoing modifications in the tube or something? Or is he like...a cloned/reborn copy of the greatest pilot?
Probably not a clone, we haven't seen that in AGE. Either altered like you mentioned, or he's been put in cold sleep. The former seems more likely considering how it doesn't really make sense to leave your best pilot in a tube throughout the course of a 70 year war.
Old 2012-08-19, 04:24   Link #2687
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Probably not a clone, we haven't seen that in AGE. Either altered like you mentioned, or he's been put in cold sleep. The former seems more likely considering how it doesn't really make sense to leave your best pilot in a tube throughout the course of a 70 year war.
It could make a little sense if they kept him in cold sleep because he was esstential to the last stage of the Eden plan. Saving the best for last, and making sure it absolutely succeeds?
Old 2012-08-19, 04:38   Link #2688
casval cehack

Quote:
He'll take Legilis from Zeheart, insisting Ezelcant promised it to HIM first in episode 40.

Or the expected end series mobile armor, plausible derived from EXA-DB.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:06   Link #2689
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Oh Christ....I just realized something. The next episode is called "Sid Destroyer", unless that's an error in translation. I get the feeling that's a title....for Zeheart. He'll defeat Sid, take the remains and create whatever it is we see at the end of the OP.

I really hope that's not the case.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:23   Link #2690
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Oh Christ....I just realized something. The next episode is called "Sid Destroyer", unless that's an error in translation. I get the feeling that's a title....for Zeheart. He'll defeat Sid, take the remains and create whatever it is we see at the end of the OP.

I really hope that's not the case.
Nope, it's "Shido the Destroyer". Funny how one word can make all the difference. But yeah, I'm guessing Shido will get defeated and used to make some giant dragon Vagan mobile armour for the new tube guy to pilot.
Old 2012-08-19, 20:28   Link #2691
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I hope not. Sid has the ability to evolve itself. Maybe it gets defeated, and evolves into a new form. I think that would be much better. I hate the idea of poor Sid becoming some Vagan Frakenstein.
Old 2012-08-19, 21:12   Link #2692
Phantom Pain

Spoiler for Sid the Destroyer:
Phantom Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 22:42   Link #2693
bio9205
Reborn

That picture is frigging awesome. My new computer wallpaper. But yeah, Zaku-eye Shido doesn't really fit the bill of the two-eyed dragon thingy in OP4. Maybe it's defeated and modified for tube guy to pilot?
Old 2012-08-19, 22:58   Link #2694
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I hope not. Sid has the ability to evolve itself. Maybe it gets defeated, and evolves into a new form. I think that would be much better. I hate the idea of poor Sid becoming some Vagan Frakenstein.
Yeah, I'd prefer that for sure. Zeheart barely managing to get away from that thing and in the end only serving to make it evolve even further. Thus becoming even tougher to stop at the very end.

Think it'd be better to have that thing be an enemy for even all the forces in the series, having decided that EXA-DB has to be destroyed for all their sakes.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:13   Link #2695
bio9205
Reborn

We could have Zeheart escaping in Zubat as Shido destroys the Legilis.

Anyway, has it been confirmed that AGE will last 50 episodes? Or any indication of how many episodes the series will run for, for that matter?
Old 2012-08-19, 23:34   Link #2696
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I don't want Legilis to be destroyed, I want a Legilis vs AGE-FX battle.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:35   Link #2697
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, in a 4chan thread talking about AGE, someone mentioned that Kanetake Ebikawa said that more MS would be seen in the later parts of the show, and this was said in early July. Is this true? Does anyone have a source for this?

Here is the post in question.

Quote:
Besides of what has been show there are too many coincidences about this AGE extension thing.

Months ago there were speculations about an AGE movie. Source from some of the staff who were joking around on twitter.
Ebigawa said there are a few more unseen MS that will show near the end of the show back in early July. A few of them will be in the plamo lineup. There are also unused ones that may surface in other places (DH, HH, and HJ?)
Studio Ophree takes on EXA-DB, which is connected to AGE-MSV.
Corocoro is advertising heavily on the PSP game, and also about this MSV thing in latest issue.
Old 2012-08-19, 23:37   Link #2698
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't want Legilis to be destroyed, I want a Legilis vs AGE-FX battle.
They could always have spares of the Legilis main body/frame on the Fa Zard, kind of like the Innovator suits in 00 where the pilots just escape in their pods.
Old 2012-08-20, 00:21   Link #2699
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
They could always have spares of the Legilis main body/frame on the Fa Zard, kind of like the Innovator suits in 00 where the pilots just escape in their pods.
That's actually kind of a scary prospect, when you think about it. It means the only thing stopping them from fielding an entire squad of Legilis Gundams is a lack of core fighters and, a more significant limitation, X-Rounders. And the latter is really just for the particle bits, from what we've seen.
Old 2012-08-20, 07:30   Link #2700
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Funky red-haired Vagan guy:

ファルク・オクラムド
http://youtu.be/

(*note, one of them is actually Kira Yamato)
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote