AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 16:16   Link #61
Rizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
hinata doesn't even care for neji to be alive apparently...
Well someone else mentionned that Neji is alive in her dream. He may not be the main focus, but he is still there at least.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 16:59   Link #62
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm surprised at that also. are these even ninja we're talking about or are they just typical hormonal high school students? mei and ino have always been this shallow, but i expected more from at least hinata and shikamaru. sitting on a bench with her crush and avoiding marriage? really? they have no aspirations for leadership, peace, success, etc...? all these characters have now been officially reduced to useless, even in their own minds and dreams. hinata doesn't even care for neji to be alive apparently...

patience. let's see what kind of sloppy character development she gets
Kishi strangely cared more about shipping and couples than finishing their character development. Makes me wonder if some editors had a hand in this. Even what is going on with Team 7 seems very high schoolish. Especially with Sasuke turning into a bad 90s movie jerk.

As many have been pointing out, in order to break out of IT, the characters will have to reject their dreams and embrace that isn't their true reality. That is how Naruto and Sakura did it in the movie. So dopey Kiba will have to realize he can't be Hokage. Ino needs to get over stupid crushes. Shikamaru needs to realize, as head of his clan, he has to get married to Temari. Mei doesn't need a man, Gaara and Tsunade cannot change the past, etc.

Of course this means Hinata might have to get over Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 18:30   Link #63
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm LOL'ing at people saying Hinata doesn't care about Neji when he's obviously in the dream...

Just saying it now, no one is breaking out of the Tsukiyomi without outside help. Even if they did, they'll just be canon fodder against Kaguya. As they are right now in the cocoons is the safest they can be for Naruto and Sasuke to take her out without any further fatalities.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 19:27   Link #64
Wandering Soul

So far one good thing about the infinite Tskuyomi is that it got most of the fodder characters out of the way. I have no doubt that they will come back but at least now the fight is in the hands of the few people that stand a chance.
Old 2014-05-29, 01:34   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
As many have been pointing out, in order to break out of IT, the characters will have to reject their dreams and embrace that isn't their true reality. That is how Naruto and Sakura did it in the movie. So dopey Kiba will have to realize he can't be Hokage. Ino needs to get over stupid crushes. Shikamaru needs to realize, as head of his clan, he has to get married to Temari. Mei doesn't need a man, Gaara and Tsunade cannot change the past, etc.
sure, but shouldn't these characters have already figured these life lessons out? it's like a rehash of what their development has been or should have been in some cases

Quote:
Of course this means Hinata might have to get over Naruto.
that's interesting (slightly) since their relationship actually makes sense in many ways
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 05:20   Link #66
bonsobon

I think Kishimoto tried to stick pretty close to what the characters' underlying personalities were like all along throughout the manga when he showed those alternate realities. By this I mean what they've always shown or professed to other people. For example Kiba has stated on occasion throughout the manga that he wants to be Hokage so he becomes one in his dream world. Simple really, but he's an easy one as is Hinata who apparently barely changes at all as well. Though I suppose that maybe her family is more accepting of her? That is something she would like to happen but I can't really tell if that's the case or not.

For Ino I always saw her as a relatively girly and light-hearted person compared to the other females in the manga. So her crushing on boys isn't really a surprise to me as she's always been like that in a way. That's not to say she can't be serious and focused when the situation demands it. Of course she can. We saw that during the war. In her dream reality however there's no situation that calls for that sort of seriousness and focus so she reverts to her light-hearted self in this case. It's not necessarily a lack of character development; that's just how she is as a person in general.

Shikamaru is in the same boat as Ino I feel (which could explain why he's in the same team with her). He's lazy and doesn't like to exert himself. We all know that. Sure he can make an effort when something is important and he can put himself forward as a leader when necessary, because we've seen him do that on any number of occasions. But the fact remains he doesn't like to do that sort of thing as it's too much work (assuming he sees marriage as work, which he probably does). So if he doesn't have to put his hand up, he won't. Simple as that. Again its not lack of character development per se; it's just his basic personality has always been like that and it won't change.

I won't go into the others' dreams because the post would become really long, but what I think Kishimoto is trying to show is what those people's lives (and everyone else who's caught up in the illusion) would be like if there was no conflict of any kind and they were free to live their lives in peace and tranquillity without having to exert themselves in any way that would threaten that peace, because there's no point in doing so.

Also there is no way they are escaping the dream world without outside help, assuming they know they are trapped inside one. Besides even if they did would they want to leave? They are living their perfect lives after all.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 05:50   Link #67
Kumagawa

Time skip Hyuga Hanabi in Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth chapter 34 for those interested in the updated design by Kishimoto Masashi himself.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 06:53   Link #68
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice couple chapters. Damn, Gaara's dream was just to have a happy family and friends as a child.
Old 2014-05-29, 09:27   Link #69
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
LoL! Madara pawn confirmed!

First part was pretty epic, Sasuke telling Sakura and Kakashi they're useless, until Kakashi and Naruto talk-no-jutsu him. He almost seemed like he wanted to apologize

And most of the people's dreams suck, wth Kiba? wanna be hokage to make a dog holiday? I wonder who that guy is, Mei is marrying in her dream? hmm....
I thought for some reason it could be unmasked Kakashi
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 11:07   Link #70
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
I think Kishimoto tried to stick pretty close to what the characters' underlying personalities were like all along throughout the manga when he showed those alternate realities. By this I mean what they've always shown or professed to other people. For example Kiba has stated on occasion throughout the manga that he wants to be Hokage so he becomes one in his dream world. Simple really, but he's an easy one as is Hinata who apparently barely changes at all as well. Though I suppose that maybe her family is more accepting of her? That is something she would like to happen but I can't really tell if that's the case or not.

For Ino I always saw her as a relatively girly and light-hearted person compared to the other females in the manga. So her crushing on boys isn't really a surprise to me as she's always been like that in a way. That's not to say she can't be serious and focused when the situation demands it. Of course she can. We saw that during the war. In her dream reality however there's no situation that calls for that sort of seriousness and focus so she reverts to her light-hearted self in this case. It's not necessarily a lack of character development; that's just how she is as a person in general.

Shikamaru is in the same boat as Ino I feel (which could explain why he's in the same team with her). He's lazy and doesn't like to exert himself. We all know that. Sure he can make an effort when something is important and he can put himself forward as a leader when necessary, because we've seen him do that on any number of occasions. But the fact remains he doesn't like to do that sort of thing as it's too much work (assuming he sees marriage as work, which he probably does). So if he doesn't have to put his hand up, he won't. Simple as that. Again its not lack of character development per se; it's just his basic personality has always been like that and it won't change.

I won't go into the others' dreams because the post would become really long, but what I think Kishimoto is trying to show is what those people's lives (and everyone else who's caught up in the illusion) would be like if there was no conflict of any kind and they were free to live their lives in peace and tranquillity without having to exert themselves in any way that would threaten that peace, because there's no point in doing so.

Also there is no way they are escaping the dream world without outside help, assuming they know they are trapped inside one. Besides even if they did would they want to leave? They are living their perfect lives after all.
In the Naruto movie Kishi wrote, Naruto and Sakura were in the same situation. Naruto always dreamed of having his parents, and IT allowed him to live in a world where they were with him. Sakura felt stifled by her parents in the real world and wished they were important people. She also wanted an affectionate Sasuke. In the IT world her father was Hokage and both parents died as heroes. Sasuke also flirted with her.

But then things started falling apart. Sakura was lonely and wished she had her parents back. Sasuke was affectionate, but he was with every other girl. Naruto loved having his parents, but later came to realize that they were with him in spirit in the real world. And not having them made him who he is. Both rejected the dream world and tried to find a way out.

That is why I believe Kishi showed these dreams. In Shikamaru's dream, Asuma and his father are still alive. All the things he went through to make him a much stronger person didn't happen. So he is back to shirking responsibility. In this case Kishi uses marriage, the ultimate sign of becoming an adult. In the real world, Shikamaru matured and accepted his upcoming adulthood. Kiba dreams of being Hokage, even though Kishi has stressed in the real world he doesn't have the skills to be one. He would be an awful Hokage and has to accept this. Hinata dreams of Naruto loving her. But in the real world, Naruto hasn't shown her that love...yet. Choji dreams of pigging out and having someone indulge him. In the real world, Choji was told repeatedly to watch his weight and that his kind heart is what makes him special. Same thing with Ino, Mei, Rock Lee, ect. Gaara and Tsunade dream of changed pasts. Gaara gets a happy family and Naruto as a childhood friend. Tsuande gets Dan, her brother, and Jiraiya back. But in the real world, overcoming these loses and hardships are what made Gaara and Tsunade the people that they are.

Kishi will show that these dreams are all lies. And that the characters will have to reject them. They will want to return to the real world and live their lives as they truly are - even with all the pain and suffering. This will be done to prove Madara wrong. The world is full of both good and bad, and humanity becomes stronger by embracing the good and fighting the bad.

Honestly, given I don't have much hope for this Kaguya fight, I find IT and what is going on with these characters, the most interesting thing in the manga now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
So far one good thing about the infinite Tskuyomi is that it got most of the fodder characters out of the way. I have no doubt that they will come back but at least now the fight is in the hands of the few people that stand a chance.
Few? Only two. If you call the others fodder than Kakashi and Sakura are just as much fodder. Sasuke basically told them they were. Even more compared to how weak both admit they are. This is a grandsons and grandmother fight. And the Sage will probably show up.

Kaguya cannot be defeated until everyone is released from IT so the tree loses its powerup. Finding out how to get the others out of IT will be a major part of this fight.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 11:58   Link #71
Eragon
Still Alive

So, is the revival jutsu still on the table or can we hope that since, the characters will have to reject their dreams in order to escape from IT that Madara (or Sasuke) are not gonna give in to talk-no-jutsu.
Old 2014-05-29, 13:42   Link #72
Casshern

Lol too bad Madara didn't take some eyes with 360 degree vision and the ability to see through objects
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 16:35   Link #73
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I found this image quite funny

Old 2014-05-30, 19:18   Link #74
Alchemist007
*Author

Who's the groom?
Old 2014-05-31, 05:46   Link #75
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Who's the groom?
Lol!

It's Solomon from Blood+!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-31, 10:29   Link #76
Gaulek

This guy is always behind everthing.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 22:48   Link #77
DKN117

...I'm going to share my prediction (in the form of a post-manga fanfic scene) on how the NaruSakuSasu thing will end up:

Spoiler for Unrequited Love Switcheroo (trope!):
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 23:22   Link #78
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
...I'm going to share my prediction (in the form of a post-manga fanfic scene) on how the NaruSakuSasu thing will end up:

Spoiler for Unrequited Love Switcheroo (trope!):
LMFAO
I almost hope it turns out that way
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 16:09   Link #79
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So, this weeks episode is an hour long right? right?!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 16:34   Link #80
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So, this weeks episode is an hour long right? right?!
wrong
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion