AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-05, 19:43   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Exclamation HeartCatch Pretty Cure

As unbelievable as it sounds, the seventh installment in the Pretty Cure franchise will come to Japanese TV broadcasts on next February.

TOEI simply doesn't want to let this magic-girl, meta-series to die because looks like their target demographic audience still has Pretty Cure freshly engraved in their memories, as it was almost six years ago.

Going by the pictures, it looks like Pretty Cure will return to its basic premise a team composed only of two Pretty Cures as it was in the first series and in Splash Star.

Moreover, as you can see the seventh installment will take on a more fantasy-shoujo, art style in contrast to the current series airing.

In fact, the art style for this future installment reminded me a lot to that of Fushigiboshi no Futago Hime, and I'm serious with that personal statement of mine but that's my opinion; feel free to digress or argue with that last statement.

Junichi Sato was chief director for the latter series, and hopefully if it turns out that he becomes involved in this seventh PreCure series somewhat, then I won't think twice about following it. Of course, that's if TOEI took the bother at inviting Sato-sensei to get involved in this project.

Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:08   Link #2
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Man I think Toei needs to seriously DROP this damn series. It is so cliche in almost every way possible. I love magical girl shows but this one just has no heart.

What is with the new designs? 0_p at least that is different but man.... like make a new doremi or something else!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:21   Link #3
Lummie

Somehow it feels like i'm seeing matured powerpuffs when i look at that picture and somehow i can't figure out the reason why.....
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:03   Link #4
Crontica

Why are they destroying my favorite demographic so?! i've watched the 5th season and it was but a HOLLOW SHELL. I felt like i was watching trained drones killing monsters over and over in some horrid RPG Grind.. MAKE IT STOP!
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:40   Link #5
cry
Berry Bunny

there's no duality in those designs like in the first ones (black and white cure...)
Old 2009-12-07, 09:02   Link #6
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I don't really like the character designs here. Actually, I just don't like the art style. This art style wouldn't fit with the rest of the generations. Fresh did have a different character designer, but the style was close enough to the old style. Once again Toei is simplfying the art style so it's easier to animate. Fresh being more simple then the earlier seasons seems to have better consistency . If this preview picture is those high quality promotional picture, then what is the anime going to be like?

But seriously...even I can design that when I was 12.

Toei I rather you make more Ojamajo Doremi. I loved that series.
Old 2009-12-07, 14:37   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can't find it now, but I saw a pic of a magazine page on 2channel that said this show has two intended demographics: (a) little girls, and (b) men around 20. And it continues to get ratings in the top ten. So it ain't going to go away any time soon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 13:06   Link #8
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
To me the 1st and 2nd seasons are classic Pretty Cure-this looks like Toei has finished enviserating ther series-they'll find no safe harbor here with me.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:40   Link #9
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

http://gizmodo.com/5421426/whatever-...hild-a-console

Pretty Cure merchandises is the 2nd most wanted christmas presents for children. Of course it's not going away. To my memories, Sailor Moon and Ojamajo Doremi are as popular as Pretty Cure when they where on. They both only lasted 4 years. Pretty Cure is on its 6th year. HeartCatch would be the 7th year.
Old 2009-12-16, 11:29   Link #10
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

I guess if they drop the magical girl cliche and make a realistic "Heart Catch" series, it will easily top the charts of the coming year.
Spoiler for WARNING: NSFW/guro:
Old 2009-12-17, 05:21   Link #11
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
I guess if they drop the magical girl cliche and make a realistic "Heart Catch" series, it will easily top the charts of the coming year.
From the pace they are now, they are not going to make a anime that surpasses nanoha anytime soon.
Old 2009-12-17, 05:52   Link #12
Liddo-kun
is this so?

The cute animation style of this one got my attention (haven't watched a Pretty Cure series before).
Going to watch it when it's released.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-12-17 at 19:22.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 13:31   Link #13
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I've enjoyed the past and current seasons of Pretty Cure. I'm perfectly fine with cutesy. Thus it's a given I'll try this one out.
Old 2009-12-28, 16:06   Link #14
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

The official website have updated with a new picture. It's Ojamajo Doremi character designer! I'm hoping this new season would be more like Ojamajo Doremi, less about fighting evil and more on character developement. Even that magical wand looks like it's from Dokkan. Now I'm interested who's the director .

See how my attitude changed knowing the character designer worked on Doremi...just shows how much I loved that series .

The ending theme is by the singer who did the first ending of the first series. This is looking good for now.
Old 2009-12-28, 22:51   Link #15
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
The official website have updated with a new picture. It's Ojamajo Doremi character designer! I'm hoping this new season would be more like Ojamajo Doremi, less about fighting evil and more on character developement. Even that magical wand looks like it's from Dokkan. Now I'm interested who's the director .

See how my attitude changed knowing the character designer worked on Doremi...just shows how much I loved that series .

The ending theme is by the singer who did the first ending of the first series. This is looking good for now.
I too noticed the Doremi designs when I was the website and saw the wands too XD I just don't want it to be so damn cliche >.>. That was my problem with Pretty Cure the villains and plot were so terrible. It had no heart.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 11:41   Link #16
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I too noticed the Doremi designs when I was the website and saw the wands too XD I just don't want it to be so damn cliche >.>. That was my problem with Pretty Cure the villains and plot were so terrible. It had no heart.
Sometimes cliche is good, look at Guren Lagann. I just want some character developements. Max Heart was pretty good in terms of character developement and plot. GoGo's plot was pretty bleh, but it had the most romance out of all the seasons. Seriously THERE WAS A KISS SCENE IN PRETTY CURE -le gasps- .

Ojamajo Doremi had a good director, after Doremi he went and directed Ouran and Soul Eater, both are pretty good. They even had the director of The girl who leapt through time and Summer Wars for one episode. HeartCatch needs a good director, because this has no source material the staff list is really important.
Old 2009-12-29, 17:48   Link #17
MayumiHime
Kihihihi...

Why has the pink girl on the main website picture only four fingers? ...
Scary.

Yeah it really looks like Doremi, lol. Maybe I'll watch it, need some new magical girl anime. xDD~
MayumiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 18:42   Link #18
Midonin
Last Engage

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. The casting has been announced:

Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom - Nana Mizuki
Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine - Fumie Mizusawa

I've barely heard of Mizusawa, but Nana Mizuki...well, that's about as big a name as you're going to find these days. If Eri Kitamura can pull me into the last series...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 19:13   Link #19
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. The casting has been announced:

Tsubomi Hanasaki/Cure Blossom - Nana Mizuki
Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine - Fumie Mizusawa

I've barely heard of Mizusawa, but Nana Mizuki...well, that's about as big a name as you're going to find these days. If Eri Kitamura can pull me into the last series...
I guess Toei really wants this new Precure series to be successful. Nana Mizuki is in my opinion one of the best seiyus in Japan, not to mention she is a great singer (she became the first voice actor or actress with a no. 1 album on Oricon's weekly album chart with her CD album "Ultimate Diamond"). I really hope Nana Mizuki will sing some insert songs in this Precure anime (like in Shugo Chara).

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tcatch-precure So this is a very good news for Precure or every Mahou shoujo fans!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 00:11   Link #20
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

In Before those hilarious Endless Frontier/Heartcatch Precure jokes.

Spoiler for seiyuu joke in case you don't get it:

Of course, continuing tradition, wonder which Gundams VA will be voicing the bad guys? We already got Jamitov, Garrod and Coroner as repeat villains.

Tags
fantasy, mahou-shoujo