AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-24, 22:04   Link #9221
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Part 8 of NT1 is out. Accel vs Umidori.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:54   Link #9222
WiliamZ0

People kept saying that Touma appeared in NT

But does anyone have the prove ?
Old 2011-03-24, 22:58   Link #9223
UNDER_LINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post

What proof do you want? It's right in the text.
Old 2011-03-24, 23:25   Link #9224
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Accelerator stated that Aiwass was far stronger than Gabriel.
Yeah, but he that was before he got pounded by the [Sweep] and had to revise that statement.

And Accelerator is limited to the knowledge of Science which severely reduces his creditbility in a judge of power between the two angels. He thought that just because his redirection can affect Misha means that Misha is weaker than Aiwass. In fact, he also assumed that Misha is weaker than him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Actually, it is. Stopping the earth's rotation on the spot would pretty much cause the earth to tear apart.
And yet somehow having your atom ripped apart by a strong magnetic field is considered less instant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
Erm, I don't think Kakine saw them from his own Dark matter, otherwise he would be able to create it with his power. All he knows is that they aren't particles that might exist/exist, so the wings are dark matter. No where does it imply he's seen them in his own power before.
According to Kazakiri (vol 21 chap 8), Accelerator's wings are AIM fields.
Old 2011-03-24, 23:31   Link #9225
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
According to Kazakiri (vol 21 chap 8), Accelerator's wings are AIM fields.
Great; conflicting accounts.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:07   Link #9226
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
And on this topic, I'm still confused on the correct translation of the Imaginary Number District's institution. Is it Five Elements Institution or Five Layer System? Or are these supposed to be two separate things?
The kanji can be translated to either of those, though I'm leaning towards the 'Five Elements Institution', considering that's what the Magic Side considered Aleister's Windowless Building to be. 'Institution' fits more since it suggests a location, when compared to a 'system'.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:09   Link #9227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Great; conflicting accounts.
So you can understand our confusion

But maybe neither are wrong, when Index saw those wings, she alike them to Telesma but different, when Kakine saw them he alike them to his own Dark Matter wings, When Kazakiri saw them she alike them to her own AIM wings.

So it's simply a matter of perspective from individual characters and their specialties.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:11   Link #9228
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

But maybe neither are wrong, when Index saw those wings, she alike them to Telesma but different, when Kakine saw them he alike them to his own Dark Matter wings, When Kazakiri saw them she alike them to her own AIM wings.

So it's simply a matter of perspective from individual characters and their specialties.
Hmm, I'd say that's probably the case. Unless it's something strange like the 'dark matter' Accel creates is also made of AIM... >.>
Old 2011-03-25, 00:11   Link #9229
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

You know... is it possible that they're all variations of the same thing?
Old 2011-03-25, 00:16   Link #9230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
The kanji can be translated to either of those, though I'm leaning towards the 'Five Elements Institution', considering that's what the Magic Side considered Aleister's Windowless Building to be. 'Institution' fits more since it suggests a location, when compared to a 'system'.
WHy does it have such a long name? [Imaginary Number District] is the AIM world right, THen why add the additional [Five Element Institution] to the title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Hmm, I'd say that's probably the case. Unless it's something strange like the 'dark matter' Accel creates is also made of AIM... >.>
Well maybe Kakine is using an AIM wings, and those wings project his Dark Matter ability... Or AIM particles can become anything the esper powers wants it to be... Speculation of course.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:20   Link #9231
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well maybe Kakine is using an AIM wings, and those wings project his Dark Matter ability... Or AIM particles can become anything the esper powers wants it to be... Speculation of course.
Didn't Kakine's wings change as well after Accel Awakened?

Quote:
Kakine’s six wings, as if responding to his roar, spread explosively. The wings that span several tens of meters emit a mysterious glow, and at the same time have an inorganic feel like a machine. Almost like a giant weapon gods and angels normally use.

Flap. The air around the six wings lets out a howl.

[...]

An unprecedented power is expanding within him.

[...]

Kakine laughed and waved his completely awakened six wings down at Accelerator.
It's up to interpretation of course, but it sounds to me like there's another factor present than just Dark Matter after awakening.
Old 2011-03-25, 04:48   Link #9232
zaeraal

If you people are talking about awakening + Misaka, you still have there AEON OF ISIS.
From wiki:
Quote:
The first Aeon of Isis was maternal, where the female aspect of the Godhead was revered due to a mostly matriarchal society and the idea that "Mother Earth" nourished, clothed and housed man. It was characterized by pagan worship of the Mother and Nature. In his Equinox of the Gods Crowley describes this period as "simple, quiet, easy, and pleasant; the material ignores the spiritual"
Misaka fits quite well in this category - her power comes from nature, she is simple minded, quiet when around Touma, easy to convince, pleasant, ignores spiritual (ignores magic maybe). And that part "mother earth nourished, clothed and housed man" maybe refers to her love to Touma (and her desires)
Old 2011-03-25, 05:07   Link #9233
tsunade666

IF she's from the aeon of Isis then she would be the weakest. The Roman Catholics are at least the age of Osiris from what Aleister said to Fiamma's way. And in this case the newer aeon is stronger than the previews.
Old 2011-03-25, 05:16   Link #9234
Zakoo

Hmm, dark matter ( the particle ) doesn't exist in real life, it is created by Kaikine. He is saying himself that Accelerator's wing are made from that element, right ?

Kazakiri says that his wings are made from AIM.

The only conclusion I can come up is that dark matter, the same way than a photon has a double fonction, meaning the wave-particle duality.
Depending of the situation, it responds either as a wave ( AIM ) or as a particle. ( dark matter )

It could also explain how the imaginary district can mess with magicians, as far as I understood, the five elementary district is created both by the Misaka Network and Kazakiri, the two linked by AIM.
Since the magicians use their power in a 'new world' ( every laws change because of dark matter's presence ), there are some consequences.

Aside that, it's not new that Mikoto is weak, more like she is strong but only in the science side ( minus First, Second and Kazakiri ).
I'm not even sure she could beat Stiyl.

Last edited by Zakoo; 2011-03-25 at 05:32.
Old 2011-03-25, 05:52   Link #9235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Wow, you must really like Stiyl to think so highly of his physical ability to dodge lightning.

Stiyl is like the Renji of Toaru, everybody with a name can beat him.
Old 2011-03-25, 06:09   Link #9236
Zakoo

Stiyl isn't that bad when it comes to physical ability, it's juste innocentius is by far too tiring for him. And there's no human being who can dodge lightning to begin with, the mind doesn't even have the time to react.

But you're saying that as if Mikoto can do a lightning in a milisecond. Nop, she usually needs time to gather/create it. Same way for Stiyl of course, but in the case of electricity against flame, there's a high chance the heat created by the flame ( 3000°c ) mess with the trajectory of her attack.

It's up to speculation in the end.
Old 2011-03-25, 06:21   Link #9237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Stiyl isn't that bad when it comes to physical ability, it's juste innocentius is by far too tiring for him. And there's no human being who can dodge lightning to begin with, the mind doesn't even have the time to react.
Within the contexts of the story, a special-normal human being at the very least has enough time to respond by raising his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
But you're saying that as if Mikoto can do a lightning in a milisecond. Nop, she usually needs time to gather/create it. Same way for Stiyl of course, but in the case of electricity against flame, there's a high chance the heat created by the flame ( 3000°c ) mess with the trajectory of her attack.

It's up to speculation in the end.
When it comes down to pure, raw power, the answer is obvious. That single lightning bolt she used to black out Distric 7 can super heat the air hotter than the surface of the Sun and is more powerful than anything man made.

The only way to win is through deception or resourcefulness. Stiyl, despite his recent 'success' against Pendex, is not really a resourceful person as he relies too heavily on his powers and trump cards. From Railgun, Mikoto does have a certain level of resourcefulness fighting against ITEM and Kiyama, but mostly she still rely on her powers. So I'll put both of them about equal in this factor.

But yes, I don't want a repeat of that 10 page long meaningless debate so that's the end of that from me.
Old 2011-03-25, 06:33   Link #9238
Zakoo

Quote:
Within the contexts of the story, a special-normal human being at the very least has enough time to respond by raising his hand.
I'm sure you read volume 21 ( otherwise my bad ), you know what our super spiky hair boy has aside his right hand.
Old 2011-03-25, 07:38   Link #9239
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post

Last few pages.
Old 2011-03-25, 08:02   Link #9240
Plant42

I doubt that the single big bolt will be more dreadful than the hailstorm of light ray attack unleashed by Pendex's. The Stone of Hrungnir Stiyl used in vol.21 is strong enough to defend the several shot of that(though not the dozen shot of it), and that's enough for buying time for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen