AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-11, 02:49   Link #1
BigFire

Dokkoida #12 (Finale)

Obiviously a blow up the budget episode (hey, it's the last one, why hold back). The end with all of the kids in the universe watching and cheering the heroic acts of Dokkoida while their parent prepares the evacuation to shelter really brings back memories of the ole '70s super hero live action shows.

Great finish to a great series. Wonder who in R1 has the guts to pick this up. For some reason, this really sound like a Media Blaster kind of the show.
Old 2003-11-11, 15:31   Link #2
mythless

heh, I kinda like this anime, it was good
Old 2003-11-12, 00:29   Link #3
Julianstouch

I was very sad to see it's the final already

Loved much this anime, very fun, with catching personnages ... we even get some info about the past of Dr MarronFlower, and that made me like him a little more...

I will really miss my comos house

Thanks anywho have subbed it !
Old 2003-11-14, 18:27   Link #4
Iyi
Inactive Member

What a wonderful ending... I hear there was a Manga, too, but can't find anything on it. Guess there isn't much chance it'll be picked up, either. ^_^;; I can't wait to buy this when it is released over here... I wonder why this series didn't get more attention; it's easily better than most of what's popular. :O
Old 2004-02-25, 16:37   Link #5
Secca
nya`
*Artist

This show probably made for an anime otaku anywhere. It's kinda strange not many people seen this series yet. I love it. It has about bits of everything that mixed in about right.

Background musics was nicely done, was timed right. I feel like I can defeat any bad guys whenever Dokkoida's helmet BGM plays.

One of the strongest point of this anime probably the cast crews and excelent voice acts.

good guys:
Dokkoida = Namikawa Daisuke (Kamishiro Maiku:Onegai Twins)
Neroloid Girl = Shimizu Kaori (Iwakura Lain:Serial Experiment Lain)

bad guys:
Hyacinth = Mitsuishi Kotono (Ebichu, Excel, Mireille Bouquet:Noir, Katsuragi Misato:Evangelion, Usagi Tsukino:Sailor Moon)
Edelweiss = Kugimiya Rie (Rizel:Rizelmine)

Moglemogle = Nagashima Yuichi (Uchiyamada sensei: GTO)

It just fun to listen to Dokkoida and the crews saying cheesy lines and bring it to the next level of passion. I think Namikawa Daisuke done better voice acts in Dokkoida than in Onegai Twins too.

Give it a go if you are an anime otaku.
Old 2004-02-26, 04:27   Link #6
marin

Yeah this was one of the few parody anime shows that was actually good!

I think the Dominatrix villaness and her slave really made it great though.

And don't forget the Walrus chief!
Old 2004-02-26, 09:13   Link #7
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I didn't like the ending. It was too dramatic for a series that never bothered to take itself seriously.
Old 2004-02-26, 13:18   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I didn't like the ending. It was too dramatic for a series that never bothered to take itself seriously.
Yes, the ending didn't really fit the series. Still it was a great series, and one I probably wouldn't have seen if not for the general lack of good anime this season. I have to say episode 8 was the funniest though. It was almost worth the pain of watching Sister Princess(not the whole thing of course) to get the parody of it.
Old 2004-02-26, 13:24   Link #9
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The reality TV episode was the best in my opinion.

Although I do wish the fansub groups that did the series put a bit
more effort into the last few episodes.
Old 2004-02-26, 13:25   Link #10
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Yes, the ending didn't really fit the series. Still it was a great series, and one I probably wouldn't have seen if not for the general lack of good anime this season. I have to say episode 8 was the funniest though. It was almost worth the pain of watching Sister Princess(not the whole thing of course) to get the parody of it.
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I said, except a lot shorter :P

Oh, and have you seen this dokkoida thread?
Old 2004-02-26, 18:02   Link #11
Secca
nya`
*Artist

What really get me into this series is Dokkoida cheesy and funny lines.

"*sfx* A monthly allowance 4,000 yen. Stil hearing the sounds of change. Heart is hot but wallet is cold... "

"The firsts Dokkoida's first attack. *sfx* Dokkoida! Hyper miracle special and delicious mobile croissant Peking duck duck-nized... what the hell it's so long... Ultimate. The three-some. One kick is weak. but two kicks are still weak. but three kicks are a bit better compare to that..." Dokkoida was saying it super fast. My salute to the person that did the translation.

"Dokkoi Babysitter!!!"

I cannot believe Dokkoida's and Kamishiro Maiku's voice (Onegai Twins) are done by the same person. I just kinda remember his voice from Onegai Twins but I started to notice him after episode 5 Dokkoida, he rocks.

Btw Maronflower rocks too, he's like the ultimate otaku turned bad. This proofs anime and manga goes hand in hand with world domination. Any idea which anime Maronflower voice actor from? He sounds kinda familiar but I couldn't pin point where I heard his voice before.
Old 2004-02-26, 19:31   Link #12
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Btw Maronflower rocks too, he's like the ultimate otaku turned bad. This proofs anime and manga goes hand in hand with world domination. Any idea which anime Maronflower voice actor from? He sounds kinda familiar but I couldn't pin point where I heard his voice before.
You probably heard him as Genma from Ranma 1/2 and about a million other anime
Old 2004-02-27, 04:46   Link #13
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Genma.. that's the panda?
Old 2004-02-27, 08:26   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I finally got around to watching this anime and while I've only seen the first 8, I love it. The opening is a riot and the anime is very funny.
Closed Thread