AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-11, 05:10   Link #1061
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Lots of stuff going on in the speculations thread. A lot of the conjectures are impressively well thought-of and some are rather on the mark.
I do have to say that their impressions of Beatrice as a benevolent, kind-hearted supernatural benefactor is amusing to no end.
Old 2009-07-11, 06:01   Link #1062
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I do have to say that their impressions of Beatrice as a benevolent, kind-hearted supernatural benefactor is amusing to no end.
Yeah, well but their wish will be granted in EP3 isn't it :P. Oh maybe at the beginning of EP2 too.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-11, 06:11   Link #1063
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Yeah, well but their wish will be granted in EP3 isn't it :P. Oh maybe at the beginning of EP2 too.
To be honest, I actually never truly believed Beatrice "reformed" in EP3, since I was pretty much waiting for the Wind and Sun strategy to rear its head somewhere.
Old 2009-07-11, 06:14   Link #1064
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Even the beginning of ep 4. XD That's one of my favourite scenes.
Old 2009-07-11, 06:56   Link #1065
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
Even the beginning of ep 4. XD That's one of my favourite scenes.
In that scene all I did was go D'aaaaaaaaaaw. But then when she saw Battler so energetic fighting with the stake for the croissant, I laughed. xD

But in ep3 I did believe that Beato had reformed. D: And then the end took me by a whole surprise.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:10   Link #1066
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Lots of stuff going on in the speculations thread. A lot of the conjectures are impressively well thought-of and some are rather on the mark.
There are some comments that are very intelligent. For example someone predicted that Natsuhi and the four cousins would be the 5 remaining after the eight twilight.

However there are comments that really made me laugh in a positive way.

Quote:
I think the cast is going to shrink
Yeah sure!

Quote:
I would expect phoenix wright to raise an objection (about Eva and Hideyoshi being suspicious) but this is not phoenix wright
ORLY?

Old 2009-07-11, 07:14   Link #1067
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Did Ryukishi intentionally base Battler's "In Your Face Beato" finger pointing on Phoneix Wright? I expect the forum's anime viewer fanbase to go apeshit when Battler strikes the first pose in the metaworld.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:28   Link #1068
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Did Ryukishi intentionally base Battler's "In Your Face Beato" finger pointing on Phoneix Wright?
I STRONGLY suspect it. Hell, even the music when he does that pose is similar to the Ace Attorney games .
Old 2009-07-11, 07:33   Link #1069
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There are some comments that are very intelligent. For example someone predicted that Natsuhi and the four cousins would be the 5 remaining after the eight twilight.
I was amazed when I read this. I was so tempted to reply that she got it right, but I didn't. But it's amazing how some people can predict by using so little material.

Though the quotes you posted made me laugh. It's kind of like when I watched higurashi and I thought that Keiichi, Mion and Rena were dead by the 4th ep and wouldn't come back.
Old 2009-07-11, 08:19   Link #1070
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Did Ryukishi intentionally base Battler's "In Your Face Beato" finger pointing on Phoneix Wright? I expect the forum's anime viewer fanbase to go apeshit when Battler strikes the first pose in the metaworld.
I really have no doubt about this, I don't think it's possible that Ryukishi never heard of Phoenix wright when he wrote this story and the resemblances are striking. Not only the pose and all, but the very concept of a "battle" fought with words and theories, winning arguments that get twisted and become losing arguments, all of this screams "Phoenix Wright".

The only doubt I have is whether the fact that Beatrice often says that Battler is really "like a phoenix" is intentional or not. The problem is "phoenix wright" is the international name, which is different from the original. However it is possible that Ryukishi knows this international name.

Old 2009-07-11, 09:38   Link #1071
Ttak

And someone just said Hideyoshi and Eva will be dead at the second twilight (but for being taken as the culprits). Well, as the real culprit seems to be following the epitaph on Ep1, the 'Two who are close' are most likely George's parents.

Ah, and when the 'game' restart on ep 6 I'm sure people who hadn't seen Higurashi will be like "WTH" ^^
Old 2009-07-11, 10:11   Link #1072
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
And someone just said Hideyoshi and Eva will be dead at the second twilight (but for being taken as the culprits). Well, as the real culprit seems to be following the epitaph on Ep1, the 'Two who are close' are most likely George's parents.

Ah, and when the 'game' restart on ep 6 I'm sure people who hadn't seen Higurashi will be like "WTH" ^^
Well, I showed a friend umineko and she said if George is going to die next and I was like: "He doesn't have anybody to die with." And then she asks if there's anybody who's as close as George was with Shannon, and I was like: "Sure! Look at all the married couples that are still alive." I think she didn't understand.

I think that, now looking back, predicting who was going to survive till the end and who was going to die for the second twilight should've been easy in the first episode. xD
Old 2009-07-11, 10:13   Link #1073
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Actually for the heck of it, I replaced Dread of the Grave temporarily with Phoenix Wright's objection theme (Cornered - Pursuit) and it surprisingly fit.

In any case, the speculation thread is a good read even for veteran readers since they might see some good views that could have been overlooked. Not to mention also fun when some people actually do make correct predictions (5 surviving last).

The anime made me want to reread the whole game again (and I've just finished Episode 1 again as I type this).
Old 2009-07-11, 10:46   Link #1074
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
The anime made me want to reread the whole game again (and I've just finished Episode 1 again as I type this).
I really do wish I have time to reread the whole game, especially before EP5 is released. Too bad it's my exam week and I need to prepare for my thesis and GRE /cry.

For next anime episode, what do you guys expect? What do you think will be cut out? I guess they might shorten a little bit of Eva-Hideyoshi scene (or maybe a lot depend on how long Eva-Natsuhi scene is). But it should finish with the second twilight, no?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:49   Link #1075
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Well, unless you can understand Japanese, you'll have plenty of time to reread before we have the English translation of Episode 5.
Old 2009-07-11, 11:00   Link #1076
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Well, unless you can understand Japanese, you'll have plenty of time to reread before we have the English translation of Episode 5.
I wish so too, but I guess I will be busy preparing for my graduate school T T.

Just read some comments on other thread, someone mention "the key" in epitaph is Maria. If I remember correctly, Maria somehow connect to the solution of solving Epitaph, isn't it? Maybe "Maria is the key" statement by Kyrie has more meaning than what we believe?

EDIT: Talking about solving epitaph, it would be very interesting how DEEN will cover this part. It might actually help us solve the epitaph if DEEN animated the solving part in detail (such as zoom to which page of atlas, for example).

Last edited by Alaya; 2009-07-11 at 13:45.
Old 2009-07-11, 13:45   Link #1077
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

When did Kyrie say that Maria is the key? It's been speculated the "RI" in her name is the "village" but I don't remember it was said she is the key itself.

Old 2009-07-11, 13:50   Link #1078
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
When did Kyrie say that Maria is the key? It's been speculated the "RI" in her name is the "village" but I don't remember it was said she is the key itself.
I refer to the anime episode 2, when Kyrie talk with Battler. She said Maria is a key to Beatrice. And in VN EP3, character in Maria's name is hinted to be link to the solution of epitaph. So I'm thinking that could Maria name related to something else more than these?

Old 2009-07-11, 13:57   Link #1079
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well she said Maria "holds" the key to the answer of Beatrice's existence, she wasn't speaking of the epitaph.

Anyway there's a little difference between holding the key and being the key. In the first case it could match with the theory that the "village" is the middle kanji in Maria's name.

Old 2009-07-11, 14:52   Link #1080
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

After episode 2, my friend immediately said he thought Kanon was the murder Funny how he didn't even consider that the culprit could be a witch (OMG O_O) I think I know which side he's gonna be on (anti-fantasy > anti-mystery)
Closed Thread