AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 36 35.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-04, 12:27   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad ~After Story~ , Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
New additional guideline for spoilers:
Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.
Old 2008-12-04, 22:16   Link #2
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Well as for this episode
It slows down the pace. The couple faces the harsh reality.
Spoiler for To be safe:

I won't rate this until the subs are released.
Old 2008-12-05, 00:05   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Great episode I liked the pacing it wasn't too fast nor too slow. They added neat little bits inside. I guess I can't say more until sub comes out so I don't spoil it >.>
Old 2008-12-05, 02:50   Link #4
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Spoiler for just to be on the safe side:

禁則事項です
Old 2008-12-05, 05:17   Link #5
SidVicious
Anime addict

Subs are out.
Old 2008-12-05, 05:57   Link #6
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

[quote=rave_master16;2089926]
Spoiler for To be safe:

Well,
Spoiler for To be safer:
Old 2008-12-05, 06:40   Link #7
cbatty
Such is liff

Ahhhh - I really enjoyed the change of pacein this episode. The story did not feel rushed. It was really refreshing after all the ground we covered last ep.

Spoiler for Safe as houses:

and one more thing...

Spoiler for kyon.haruhi.suzumiya:
Old 2008-12-05, 08:35   Link #8
Kristen
*Author

Overall, quite a good episode, developing the few plot points of 6800/1 I was hoping to see. But, I was disappointed that they did not do a few things from the game I was hoping to see, choosing to make it a little bit more of a gradual change.

Well, one thing, though. GET RID OF KYOU AND RYOU ALREADY! I cannot tell you how disappointed I was in still seeing them in the plot. OK, we get it, you didn't want to do the typical Kyoani scenario where they just disappear after their plot ends. But you made your point already. Don't ruin the moments by keeping then in!

Kind of didn't do it for me, so 8/10.
Old 2008-12-05, 09:14   Link #9
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quite the letdown. It seems to be going downhill from here Nice opening, but for Kyoani to make this episode THIS depressing does have an effect on me, and it ain't the best. I though Misae's was as melancholy as it gets, but NO. (Funny how The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya wasn't half as melancholic as this.)

Can Kyou like get off stage already?

Tomoyo's reason to close the drama club because of the "not enough members" reason is worse than the North High Student Councilor's reason for "the SOS not being a registered club". At least he kept the Literature Club open even only Yuki Nagato was left.

7/10. Worst rating this season, and I hope I won't go any further down.

Last edited by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya; 2008-12-05 at 10:00.
Old 2008-12-05, 09:41   Link #10
SidVicious
Anime addict

Again, Nagisa was really cute.
Old 2008-12-05, 10:37   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw the episode and yeah... it's time for the supporting cast to step aside and go to college. It's about Nagisa and Tomoya now, as they go into adulthood, and how they must deal with it now that their circle of friends have to go their separate ways (albeit temporarily at least).

I can understand the melancholy, because I can relate. I'm in a similar stage in life right now, since I'm myself trying to finsh medical school and get my MD. The future is still cloudy, with everyone here going into nursing and fewer new doctors are graduating. It's all about the uncertainty, the anxiety of a cloudy future.

But at least they have each other.
Old 2008-12-05, 10:40   Link #12
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Tomoyo's reason to close the drama club because of the "not enough members" reason is worse than the North High Student Councilor's reason for "the SOS not being a registered club". At least he kept the Literature Club open even only Yuki Nagato was left.
Well... one member really isn't enough. It's completely logical to close the club. My secondary school was even more anal about clubs than Nagisa's. Like Nagisa, I tried to re-establish a club that had been closed. I had to gather 20 members and that was only the beginning of six months of headache... what with the deputy principal talking s*** about us behind our backs, making it impossible for us to find an adviser or get student council approval -_-

(And those clubs that were approved were forbidden to meet when their adviser was not present... yes, my school was like some paranoid, totalitarian society, worse than the Chinese Communist Party.)

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2008-12-05 at 10:51.
Old 2008-12-05, 10:48   Link #13
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Well, one thing, though. GET RID OF KYOU AND RYOU ALREADY! I cannot tell you how disappointed I was in still seeing them in the plot. OK, we get it, you didn't want to do the typical Kyoani scenario where they just disappear after their plot ends. But you made your point already. Don't ruin the moments by keeping then in!
Well, well, if there is something that might ruin your enjoyment for any kind of series is to have a bunch of preconceptions beforehand. Just let them do whathever they want and only judge them on retrospective. Who knows, it might work. Because otherwise you will be suffering like Kaisos who keep cringing his teeth at every minor deviation from the original script

Quote:
Quite the letdown. It seems to be going downhill from here Nice opening, but for Kyoani to make this episode THIS depressing does have an effect on me, and it ain't the best. I though Misae's was as melancholy as it gets, but NO. (Funny how The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya wasn't half as melancholic as this.)
So, your main qualm with the episode was basically with its mood? Because, while not everything will be like this episode there will be much more of this kind of situations, so you might want to revise your expectations
Old 2008-12-05, 11:07   Link #14
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, well, if there is something that might ruin your enjoyment for any kind of series is to have a bunch of preconceptions beforehand. Just let them do whathever they want and only judge them on retrospective. Who knows, it might work. Because otherwise you will be suffering like Kaisos who keep cringing his teeth at every minor deviation from the original script
Agreed

Quote:
So, your main qualm with the episode was basically with its mood? Because, while not everything will be like this episode there will be much more of this kind of situations, so you might want to revise your expectations
OHHH NOOO. Another Shuffle-like twist?
Old 2008-12-05, 11:17   Link #15
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
No. Just the harsh reality and the hardships of adulthood slapping anime characters across the face.
Old 2008-12-05, 11:23   Link #16
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Agreed

OHHH NOOO. Another Shuffle-like twist?
Big difference is, Shuffle was never expected to be a drama over-the-top emotions show. With Keys, you know sooner or later something is going to make you cry.

I also want to add in, Kaede's ending in the anime is dramatically different from the ending in the game, so the "twist" shouldn't have been there. I'll stop before i go into a full blazing Shuffle ending rant. (but feel free to post on my profile if you want to continue :P) I will say Key anime adaptations have been more loyal to the original in the past.
Old 2008-12-05, 11:42   Link #17
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And now Tomoya finds out that, well, life after school isn't easy, as many of us have learned. Doing work and earning enough for yourself not just to get by, but live comfortably AND support your family members... Haha, it really is hard.
Old 2008-12-05, 13:21   Link #18
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

The story of Tomoya's coming of age - After Story - truly begins.

If you thought Clannad was bland for the past 32 episodes (23+9AS, not counting the Tomoyo bonus episode), after the following 12 weeks, you will realize that all that "blandness" was worth it. (I'll try to explain why in the Spoilers section if you want to know. ) But if you continue to expect this to be a mere continuation of your typical high school romantic comedy, then you'll probably be disappointed.

The same can be said for Nagisa. For the past 32 episodes, the other girls (Kyou, Ryou, Tomoyo, Kotomi, Fuuko, Yukine, even Mei and Misae) all shone quite brightly compared to Nagisa. Now with everything out of the way, Nagisa begins to illuminate in her own right, and boy does she shine eminently.

Tomoya can count himself very, very lucky. Upon graduated with no hope of further studies, first he has Akio offering him to help out at the bakery. Then Yoshino (which we'll be seeing a lot from now on, it seems) generously gives Tomoya in what is probably the world's fastest job interview and job offer.

Before switching jobs and moving out to his own apartment, Tomoya is seen checking out the property prices. His solitary figure standing concerned for his own purpose stands in contrast to the carefree schoolgirls chatting happily nearby. That's a powerful scene which symbolizes the beginning of Tomoya's change in attitude to life, IMHO.

Pleasantly surprised to see the twins make a cameo, which indirectly led to Tomoya's decision to move out. (Tomoya did that all on his own in the game. )

And if you haven't noticed, the music for the next episode preview (starting from last week) has now changed to the After Story OP tune rather than the first series OP tune, signifying the change in mood.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-12-05 at 13:33.
Old 2008-12-05, 13:26   Link #19
sikvod00

I just can't wait to see Tomoya and Nagisa have their first real couple's argument.
Old 2008-12-05, 13:27   Link #20
Beo
where's the snow?

Most people who are still in school do not know how lucky they are. A lot of wishing to finish up and join in the "real world", thinking that its going to be so much better.

Rude awaking to those when they get out there, your on your own now kid. If you fall on your face, your the one that has to pick your self up.

There are a lot of good things about it but to understand how good it is, you also need to understand the bad and this is mostly found out by experiencing them yourself.

The real education starts now.

--

i guess mom and dad did know what they were talking about after all ...
Closed Thread