AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-17, 22:23   Link #61
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Now Sunrise has fallen into the 'Mai-verse'...

In GaoGaiGar, the girls are GAR too. They get to smash stuff and still keep their nails pristine.

Heh, I remember when I blew out my comp speakers by turning the volume up to MAX when Guy did a 'HIKARI NI NARE!!!!'

I was like... then the next moment I was all, "That was f'n awesome!!" Got grounded though.
Old 2008-04-18, 04:04   Link #62
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
~
Heh, I remember when I blew out my comp speakers by turning the volume up to MAX when Guy did a 'HIKARI NI NARE!!!!'

I was like... then the next moment I was all, "That was f'n awesome!!" Got grounded though.
Seen the King J-Der version?

Cheers.
Old 2008-04-18, 13:33   Link #63
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I believe that was the biggest head-banger, but really; even the characters themselves acknowledge the "Jesus-like" resurrections of Volfogg. When ChoRyuuJin "dies", they scream and wail. When Volfogg "dies", they just shrug their shoulders and mutter something about him always coming back or similar.

Seriously, it's moments/scenes like these that give Sunrise a bad rap about their characters having multiple lives.

Natch.
Then again they are robots... or extremely big androids. Can always make a new body or have spares somewhere.

Quote:
Seen the King J-Der version?

Cheers.
That's just retarded to begin with. It's like a normal sized person bonking a midget with a normal hammer. There's nothing special about it other than the midget.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 17:40   Link #64
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
I believe that was the biggest head-banger, but really; even the characters themselves acknowledge the "Jesus-like" resurrections of Volfogg. When ChoRyuuJin "dies", they scream and wail. When Volfogg "dies", they just shrug their shoulders and mutter something about him always coming back or similar.

Seriously, it's moments/scenes like these that give Sunrise a bad rap about their characters having multiple lives.

Natch.
True, but as Shiryuu said they are robot so that gives some excuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
That's just retarded to begin with. It's like a normal sized person bonking a midget with a normal hammer. There's nothing special about it other than the midget.
I don't know I thought that the fact that King J-Der's fingers work like suction tubes (or somewhere along that line) was much more strange.
Old 2008-04-21, 01:07   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well all I can say is the next series out after Gundam 00 better damn well be a Gaogaigar sequel. I mean Votoms got a sequel ages after the last one that is still currently being released, so I can't see why Gaogaigar is completely out of the question. The heroes need to return.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:17   Link #66
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well all I can say is the next series out after Gundam 00 better damn well be a Gaogaigar sequel. I mean Votoms got a sequel ages after the last one that is still currently being released, so I can't see why Gaogaigar is completely out of the question. The heroes need to return.
Whatever happen to project Z? Is it canceled? I would be incrediblely happy if they do a sequel to Final but I would be just as happy if they would do another Yuusha show.
Old 2008-04-21, 19:29   Link #67
Tabris

Wait, I just realised GaoGaiGar is in the licensed section.

WHAT!?
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:34   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Wait, I just realised GaoGaiGar is in the licensed section.

WHAT!?
Gaogaigar has been licensed. For quite a while.
Old 2008-04-27, 03:24   Link #69
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Whatever happen to project Z? Is it canceled? I would be incrediblely happy if they do a sequel to Final but I would be just as happy if they would do another Yuusha show.
At this point it seems like Project Z must be in development hell or something. Not a damn thing has been heard about it for going on two years now. It was possibly put on the back burner for Gundam 00 and Geass.

I'd kill for GaoGaiGo however.
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 17:52   Link #70
NoLongerSane

I am planning on buying both box sets of this anime. I know that the first box set the episodes have been dubbed, but I am wanting to know if the second box set was dubbed too or is it still subbed? Also, has Poject Z been canceled. I looked it up on Wiki and it stated it had but gave no source.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 17:48   Link #71
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Too all the YUUSHA SERIES !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ11bmsx1Gs

courage IS INFINITE !!!!
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 02:04   Link #72
Cardiac Glycoside

I just finished GaoGaiGar yesterday.

I got into GGG long after someone on another forum plugged it as a worthwhile series and shortly after I read comparisons of it to TTGL. My final analysis?

The ending of GaoGaiGar (both the TV and the OAV): I cried.

The ending of TTGL: "Why the fuck is Simon a hobo?"

Whilst TTGL was superior for me in terms of production values, I of course remember that it was made a full ten years after GaoGaiGar and had a massive budget. GGG also does a better job of making totally mundane tasks look TOTALLY RADICAL, which I don't think happens at all in TTGL. And while TTGL takes pains to avoid stock footage, GGG's is acceptable because it is just that good. It also helps that it is backed by full orchestral music.

Finally, I think Gai Shishioh* can sell the whole "courage and guts" milleu infinitely better than can Simon, especially in FINAL. (I hesitate to mention Kamina because I think that would get me beheaded, here). If the 3G were in the TTGL-verse, the Anti-Spirals would have shit themselves and given up on the first episode.

Another thing. I really liked Mamoru. I know he's just a little pissant kid who is rather Mary Sue-ish, but I think his optimism, joie de vivre and general likableness is what gave the ending(s) of GaoGaiGar the emotional tug for me that I didn't get in TTGL's ending.

*I know Nobuyuki Hiyama also voices Viral in TTGL. Shut up.
Old 2008-12-06, 05:31   Link #73
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Good to know people aren't totally clouded by TTGL to be able to see the greatness in Gaogaigar.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 00:38   Link #74
Cardiac Glycoside

Also, "Yuusha-Oh Tanjou!" is totally kickass. Masaki Endoh FTW.
Old 2011-04-24, 16:16   Link #75
JackALope044
A Dude

So... Am I the only one that dances around and sings along with Yuusha-Oh Tanjou blasting at full volume?
JackALope044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 03:29   Link #76
GreatTeacherKen

^^ I don't think you are. The song is insanely catchy.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 09:55   Link #77
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
^^ I don't think you are. The song is insanely catchy.
Very true. It's extremely hard not to have a bodypart move in rhythm of the song.

Also, here is Project Z from this series. I originally posted in the Betterman forum but I think it should be here since the main characters are from this series.

Project Z was suppose to have continued the series after the ending of the OVA and connect with it's sister show Betterman but that did not happen.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-07, 09:23   Link #78
NoLongerSane

Heh, looks like the series is being continued via web novel. Cover art for the physical copy being sold later this month. To think they would have the kids from the GGG series already in their starting 20's in that image.
Old 2017-06-12, 11:39   Link #79
NoLongerSane

Character design of a 20 year old Mamoru recently released for the upcoming novel.

Honestly if the novel ever gets green lit for animation it'll probably after the third season of Code Geass has finish airing. Takahiro Kimura was the character designer for both series and I think with the updated look of GGG, it might get mistaken for Code Geass.
Old 2017-06-23, 12:29   Link #80
NoLongerSane

An image from the released novel already out. Interesting concept of the remaining GGG/Betterman cast shown grown up.

Tags
action, mecha, super robot