AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 17 21.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 56.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 13:08   Link #61
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

Anyone notice a certain familiar costume?
Really now, SOS Brigade is all over the place. Last time I saw one was in Kannagi. Now Nagato.
Old 2008-12-19, 14:04   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I think Taiga's father is horrible and dangerous. Not that he will abuse her, although that's possible, just that he slobbers all over her and runs her life. The very idea of getting the movers in there so quickly just makes my skin crawl.

I think Taiga trusts Ryuuji too much. In this case, Ryuuji is being a typical male forceful idiot. He finally sort of realized he was imposing his ideas on her, but I don't think that has really sunk in.

I think Minorin's strong reaction is just because she understands from Taiga how awful it is to live with the dad, and she is being herself in expressing her feelings so strongly. But it's possible that the dad might have come on to her at some time in the past.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-12-19, 15:03   Link #63
Fran~
floating away...

There it goes my Ryuuji's mom + Taiga's dad pair

It seems Minorin was right... liar dads... worst thing ever...
Old 2008-12-19, 15:26   Link #64
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Minorin's strong reaction is just because she understands from Taiga how awful it is to live with the dad, and she is being herself in expressing her feelings so strongly. But it's possible that the dad might have come on to her at some time in the past.
If Taiga's father was such a bad father why didn't Taiga object this to Ryuuji? It's not like they haven't a dialogue or Taiga isn't honest with Ryuuji. Minorin's reaction should have Taiga's reaction if her father was this bad, but this isn't the case so something really bad is coming at us OR the writers merely exaggerated with Minorin's reaction, but I hope this isn't the case because it's lame.
Anyway it's not a news that Minorin has much more to her than what appears at first sight...
Old 2008-12-19, 15:33   Link #65
Voitan

I think the culprit of bad things in this incident was no one in particular.

It was just bad communication, which everyone, except for those not involved, was at fault.

I don't see how reasonable it is to blame just one person here. I think if I was with this group of friends I'd say it was everyone's fault for not explaining things enough, or being patient to hear people out.

Oh and thanks for the explanations on Ami's line. Ahhh... I knew she'd be a great character when I saw her.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:16   Link #66
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmmm,

No one here mentions that a character from side story appeared and have few spoken lines in this ep? He is junior who is working under Sumire student council.

Hehe.

Regards about Taiga's father, he is not completely bad. At the very least he still gave her allowance. Ryuji was blinded by his pain but he is not wrong in asserting that Taiga is too aggressive on her father from previous ep.

My view still stands.
Old 2008-12-19, 16:44   Link #67
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Not a bad episode at all.

I think people take Taiga's verbal and physical abuse of Ryuuji too seriously; she clearly cares about him, as shown by her attempts to get him to apologize and make up with Minorin, especially that line about why people need forgiveness. Damn, that was good.

Ami was also incredibly awesome this episode, cheering Ryuuji up after his argument with Minorin and promising to help him when he needs it. That rocked too.

Taiga's hatred of her father is also perfectly justified. Just because he gives her money DOES NOT make him a good parent. As The Family Circus said, you can either give your children a) Things, or b) Time. Time is better.

Taiga's dad abandoned her for his new wife. That's not a sign of a good parent at all. Taiga is NOT at fault here, don't blame her.

Yes, she's a bitch. She also has many good qualities. People accentuate the negative too much.

Next week looks to be the shit hitting the fan, and is coincidentally the last episode before the break. Hope it's as good as this episode.

9/10
Old 2008-12-19, 16:45   Link #68
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

OMG omG omg!!!! >,< Guys.... about this *What Taiga's father did/does to make Minorin so cross, and have that raging argument with Ryuuji? ....*

Suddenly some crazy idea hit me.

Before I explain, please can I make this clear : (Because I hate even the most subtle spoilers, and this is... my favourite anime I have ever watched. ^^) So... Please understand This is my First time iwth Toradora! I have never had any past experience with the story, and so everything I say is a guess only backed up by what I have watched in the anime so far.

Spoiler for Taiga's Father Theory Spoiler:

Spoiler for Picture of My Taiga's Father Theory:

So... What do you guys think?

Spoiler for After Word SPOLIER:
Old 2008-12-19, 16:58   Link #69
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

arriana-corr, let me just say you are WAAAYYYYY off.

There really is a simpler answer, and I'm sort of willing to bet that most people would just smack their head next week when the truth will be revealed.
Old 2008-12-19, 17:18   Link #70
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

OMG. Thanks.... *rolls eyes* I said if you KNOW don't say anything... Boy You sure listened to me. (>,<)

Sometimes knowledge isn't useful - lesson learned here. I know you didn't reveal anything but I clearly stated IF YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT OR WRONG - Don't say.

Great. Sorry to get so cross but I really hate it when that happens. I tried to stop it, but woop-dee-doo here we go.
Old 2008-12-19, 17:45   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is a very interesting bit of speculation though..... and for all you know houkolic is trolling you

Oh and welcome to the forums, be sure to read the FAQ (forum rules).
Old 2008-12-19, 18:00   Link #72
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

Why thank you and yes.. she may be ... XD

Personally I wouldn't like it to end like that, cos Id cry (;A

Im waitng for that next episode now... XPPPP I'll be sure to read them

Thank you for welcoming me... <3 Vexx (Cool Name ^^)
Old 2008-12-19, 18:03   Link #73
satuross

oh yea, btw, bad fathers dont feed their daughter. i think they just cant agree with each other thats all.

In Japan, (as portrayed in some anime's) , re-marrying is like, a taboo, and disliked by the society. They think marriage, is once for a life time.

adding on to that, most religions bans polygamy. (i think).

thats why taiga's dad is in a particular pinch. we dont know why he devorced his wife in the first place, and we dont really know who dislike's taiga, the new mum, or the dad himself.

I think Taiga's dad just want taiga and their second mum to get together or something. I dunno. lets see how this is gonna go on. (btw, this volume lasts 3+ episodes )
Old 2008-12-19, 18:06   Link #74
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
We have to look at Taiga's Dad in a neutral stance. He could be an unlikeable jerk or a guy who wants to redeem himself.

We do not know, we haven't been told, we should not pass judgement.

If anything, you can reflect on that statement with Ryuuji's mom. She only saw Taiga's dad for a few minutes where he apologized for being noisy and explained how they were moving. Yet because of that, she immediately calls him a bad person because he's going to "take Taiga away." It's a little strange too that she values Taiga so high even though she and Ya-chan hardly have any interaction. (And when they do, it's only for humor and she immediately accepts it)
Old 2008-12-19, 18:07   Link #75
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
First of all, This series is continue to impressed me more and more. But this episode has a "theme that everybody should remember"

COMMUNICATION

Ryuuji and some of viewers didnt know that true reason why Taiga hates her father so much, so we though it was one thing but with Minorin actions and the look on Taiga face at end. It was more to the story that was giving to us in the beginning.

I know that some people will say it was Ryuuji fault and other will say it was Taiga fault. But at the end of this, it was poor communication between Taiga and Ryuuji that set up this situation. So remember without communication, relationship will fail and destroy everything. Hopefully, they will work out their differences between them and much stronger bond will be made for that. At the end of this outcome, it will start something that will bring them closer and starting realize that maybe they love with each other.
Old 2008-12-19, 18:27   Link #76
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, I think Taiga's father is horrible and dangerous. Not that he will abuse her, although that's possible, just that he slobbers all over her and runs her life. The very idea of getting the movers in there so quickly just makes my skin crawl.

I think Taiga trusts Ryuuji too much. In this case, Ryuuji is being a typical male forceful idiot. He finally sort of realized he was imposing his ideas on her, but I don't think that has really sunk in.

I got the same feeling from Taiga's dad. The fact that Minorin reacted that way only further strengthens that belief, that Taiga's dad, is a very very very dangerous person.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-12-19, 19:19   Link #77
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
First of all, This series is continue to impressed me more and more. But this episode has a "theme that everybody should remember"

COMMUNICATION

Ryuuji and some of viewers didnt know that true reason why Taiga hates her father so much, so we though it was one thing but with Minorin actions and the look on Taiga face at end. It was more to the story that was giving to us in the beginning.

I know that some people will say it was Ryuuji fault and other will say it was Taiga fault. But at the end of this, it was poor communication between Taiga and Ryuuji that set up this situation. So remember without communication, relationship will fail and destroy everything. Hopefully, they will work out their differences between them and much stronger bond will be made for that. At the end of this outcome, it will start something that will bring them closer and starting realize that maybe they love with each other.
My take is, it is matter of interpretation. Communication is crucial as you pointed out but also how it is interpreted also very critical. Successful relationship(s) have less ambiguity in both ends.

Something that most romance comedy seems to do poorly, even real life ones. Couples don't just end up like magic, there is essence of getting know then interpretation of words between them that binds them together.

ToraDora! has set up this nicely.
Old 2008-12-19, 21:10   Link #78
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
They did a nice indirect revelation at the end, some good story telling at that part.

But the series had always struck me as one filled with dialogue "An overly optimistic child psychologist thinks what teenagers would say." It's cause of that rushing that has always bugged me, doesn't seem natural to me...

I'm just a stickler when I see too much philosophical revelations.

A good episode though, was enjoyable!

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-12-19, 21:11   Link #79
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

wow i really didnt think that a wrestling preformance would be a hit! then again it was pretty random...kushieda looked hilarious! this ep rocks!!
*Anyways apparently episode 13 is the last episode for this season, and there’s a planned 25 episodes in total. It’s not confirmed however if they’re going to split the series into 2 seasons, hopefully they just make it a 25 episode season as I don’t feel like waiting till next year.
Old 2008-12-19, 22:22   Link #80
typhonsentra

The thing I liked about the wrestling match was that it was actually an example of creativity by the author. I absolutely loved the gag about the endless sea of cosplay cafes in the school because it's so true. Every other anime I've ever watched has the class do a cosplay cafe (Haruhi and Kyon's class kinda sorta avoided this by their class just doing some stupid survey, which they didn't mention in the show).
Closed Thread