AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 22:27   Link #3861
FalsePrime

What are the chances of cancelization? At this point there seems to be very little hype around this product and tons of negativity.

It's not like the Gundam X from a few years ago that was extrended because it did well and certainly not on the level of Unicorn.

Would this be the first Gundam novel extension to be plain canceled? Either way it wouldn't shock me given this is happening so quickly after the last break.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:36   Link #3862
Eeni

Doubt that it's getting cancelled... That would be a huge embarrassment not only for Sumisawa, but more for whomever greenlit the project.

I do (kinnda) want to see the new gundams, even though I feel like they're gonna look like knockoffs of the originals.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 23:47   Link #3863
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
What are the chances of cancelization? At this point there seems to be very little hype around this product and tons of negativity.

It's not like the Gundam X from a few years ago that was extrended because it did well and certainly not on the level of Unicorn.

Would this be the first Gundam novel extension to be plain canceled? Either way it wouldn't shock me given this is happening so quickly after the last break.
I'd say slim chance very very slim chance of canceling it at this point... I think its just suffering from École Du Ciel syndrome of being very inconsistent. Gundam X in its initial run didn't do great. It only picked up steam after it was canceled (Like the first MSG). And granted X's animation was canceled because it got the Adult Swim treatment of having its time-slot bounced around so much, that no one knew when it was on...

The main problem with the negativity on the English side of the Pacific is the fact that we haven't read anything completely yet, we're getting summary's tidbits of chapters here and there... and as a result we're homing in on the bad...

Overall I think its typical Gundam Fan-base complaining. Hate on everything new, complain about it into the dirt... comes out get it anyway... new show/book/manga comes, instantly the old stuff was instant classic...

(EX. 00 Season 1, everyone complaining about character designs, the GN drives exct... Season 2 hits Everyone's complaining about Innovators and BS, season 1 becomes awesome... Movie hits Season 2 was gold and everyone's complaining about aliens... Age gets announced 00 Movie is instantly awesome...)

Now I doubt any of us know how the Japanese base is receiving it... we do know however that the Wing girls have fallen back out of the top ten again, but with characters that's typical, some new fan service girl has taken their slot... big whoop...

There's also other contending things that would take up a spot in the magazine the SEED anniversary has kicked off and that's going to take up space. Age part 2 has started... ext...

As a result I'm still thinking its just because of space issues or the writer being lazy and not hitting his deadlines... Or they could be looking to replace him on the project.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 02:53   Link #3864
FalsePrime

When I mentioned X it was because of the Novel extension that was fairly postive a few years back, not the anime.

Also while I can agree the girl's falling off is a pretty natrual thing given how they were last I heard the all the males including Heero had fallen off as well which shows any good will he built up (making it to number 4 which meant only the holy trinity was infront of him) is now pretty much used up and others simply don't care.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say it will be canceled so much as it seems if any Gundam Novel series were at risk this one seems to be the one. That and wasn't the last delay only 4 months ago at like Oct 11?

Either way, I just hope we see Snow White uncloacked soon so I can move on. Now that Bandai is shutting down the western branch I doubt we will ever see it given how well (or not) manga/light novels have been doing here for other companies.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:00   Link #3865
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the reason why there is negativity is simply because we are still early in story. most of the complain is "why the hell they do that!" which obviously it will be answer later on the series

that and lack of full translation which my caused misunderstanding

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 15:45   Link #3866
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
The main problem with the negativity on the English side of the Pacific is the fact that we haven't read anything completely yet, we're getting summary's tidbits of chapters here and there... and as a result we're homing in on the bad...

Overall I think its typical Gundam Fan-base complaining. Hate on everything new, complain about it into the dirt... comes out get it anyway... new show/book/manga comes, instantly the old stuff was instant classic...

(EX. 00 Season 1, everyone complaining about character designs, the GN drives exct... Season 2 hits Everyone's complaining about Innovators and BS, season 1 becomes awesome... Movie hits Season 2 was gold and everyone's complaining about aliens... Age gets announced 00 Movie is instantly awesome...)
I would have to disagree with this. Even if we can't read the full translation of this novel and have only homed in on the bad part, the fact is that it's overall bad. Everyone has a sense of what is good and bad, we all very in that field, but we have that sense. Gundam Wing (as any other story) established and set up world (ridiculous at some points) that we all eventually fell into and to a degree we were all able to believe it/ accept it. I'm sure that everyone here still feels like there are things in the series and the OVA that were just plain out bad and could be worked on to better them. I know I do. Some 15 years later, this novel has taken everything we have come to know (and to a degree, accept) and pretty much turned it on it's head and stretched that believability to a breaking point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
the reason why there is negativity is simply because we are still early in story. most of the complain is "why the hell they do that!" which obviously it will be answer later on the series

that and lack of full translation which my caused misunderstanding
"Why the hell did they do that?" is a good question to ask even this early on. Why the hell did Quatre green-light a clone of himself to be made? The only answer I've seen is because Oud is just spare parts in case something happens to Quatre. Wasn't Quatre against creating life in order for it to be used? As in part of the reason he went against his father in the series? >...<

"Why the hell" is there a holograph(?) of Zechs running around and is equipped with his memories..? Has Zechs tried to get rid of this thing?

"Why the hell" is everyone being related to everyone else? And why does everyone look like everyone else even when they're not related?

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-01-26, 15:52   Link #3867
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Let's not forget: this novel continuation is being written by the guy who was kicked off the original anime project halfway through. We're probably finding out just why with this novel.
Old 2012-01-26, 17:01   Link #3868
susyia

maybe someone else continuing the series may be some improvement in the development of the series ..... the nonsense end up ....
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:04   Link #3869
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
"Why the hell did they do that?" is a good question to ask even this early on. Why the hell did Quatre green-light a clone of himself to be made? The only answer I've seen is because Oud is just spare parts in case something happens to Quatre. Wasn't Quatre against creating life in order for it to be used? As in part of the reason he went against his father in the series? >...<

"Why the hell" is there a holograph(?) of Zechs running around and is equipped with his memories..? Has Zechs tried to get rid of this thing?

"Why the hell" is everyone being related to everyone else? And why does everyone look like everyone else even when they're not related?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Let's not forget: this novel continuation is being written by the guy who was kicked off the original anime project halfway through. We're probably finding out just why with this novel.
agreed again!

anyway, im the only one here still thinking that Relena or Dorothy(Probbaly) will pull out a FedCom Civil War plot in this history telling that Mars decleared War against the Earth because of these new gundams, and we'll probbaly see these words, or something based, comming from one of these woman?

Quote:
"I don't want him neutral, I want him dead. I want you to destroy my brother and everyone that follows him. Then I want you to round up everyone that supports him and make an example of them, too!" -Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion, giving orders to Field Marshal Simon Gallagher and intelligence advisor Richard Dehaver, September 7, 3063
if this happen i really want to see relena sending even mercs to kill everyone
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:58   Link #3870
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

which is where most of negativity come. we are still dont have many answer simply because we are still in beginning of story.

anyway if this will get canceled, at least they show the gundam which boost the sale before they cancel it

Old 2012-01-30, 03:51   Link #3871
Eeni

Quote:
which is where most of negativity come. we are still dont have many answer simply because we are still in beginning of story.
It's specifically there because it's poorly written... and we do have some answers (ex: Oud is a spare for Quatre).

Anyways, putting that aside, I was rereading the wiki page about Katrine Winner and am confused. Oud seems to grow up at a Winner hospital and meets a girl named Stella there. Stella is said to also be a clone and spare for someone else... is this someone else one of Quatre's sisters? Or is it someone completely unrelated to the Winner family? Like, was Stella cloned simply because it's become habit to clone spares for people in this era?

Old 2012-01-30, 07:41   Link #3872
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Anyways, putting that aside, I was rereading the wiki page about Katrine Winner and am confused. Oud seems to grow up at a Winner hospital and meets a girl named Stella there. Stella is said to also be a clone and spare for someone else... is this someone else one of Quatre's sisters? Or is it someone completely unrelated to the Winner family? Like, was Stella cloned simply because it's become habit to clone spares for people in this era?
Quote:
Stella: A chronically ill girl treated at Winner Hospital whom Katherine Oud Winner befriended. When her sister, from whom she was cloned, died, Stella was treated with the girl's stem cells and recovered, and their friendship grew apart, with Stella beginning to harass Katherine with her new friends for being a spare. She was later killed in the crossfire of a rebellion against Mars Federation forces.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mob...rozen_Teardrop

apparently completely unrelated to Quatre who just happens treated on winner hospital

Old 2012-02-02, 13:13   Link #3873
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Pictures!

Catherine's a giraffe...? o_O

Quote:
I would have to disagree with this. Even if we can't read the full translation of this novel and have only homed in on the bad part, the fact is that it's overall bad. Everyone has a sense of what is good and bad, we all very in that field, but we have that sense. Gundam Wing (as any other story) established and set up world (ridiculous at some points) that we all eventually fell into and to a degree we were all able to believe it/ accept it. I'm sure that everyone here still feels like there are things in the series and the OVA that were just plain out bad and could be worked on to better them.
"HEERO! I'M RIGHT OVER HERE, SO COME AND KILL MEEEEEEEE!!!"

...What. Were. They. Thinking?!

Quote:
Some 15 years later, this novel has taken everything we have come to know (and to a degree, accept) and pretty much turned it on it's head and stretched that believability to a breaking point.
Well said. I wonder, would FT come off as better if we ignored the fact that it's supposed to be a continuation of Wing and regarded it as a standalone?

Quote:
More importantly, aren't his 29 older sisters there for this job already? Besides, if you clone yourself for organs you might wanna get the gender right. There are some things a female body can't replace, you know.

Quote:
What about the "why the heck did the author feel the need to include that!?" Like Dorothy saying she'll marry Treize one day when she was two or Angelina making out with her son or my favorite part, Wu Fei charging into battle with The Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background? If you can give me a good reason for those, I'll never dis FT again. Which would be a shame because it's fun teasing it.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 14:32   Link #3874
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post

More importantly, aren't his 29 older sisters there for this job already? Besides, if you clone yourself for organs you might wanna get the gender right. There are some things a female body can't replace, you know.

This one actually makes sense. After all Quatra will need those parts when he and Trowa finally get together to appease all the QxT fans.
Old 2012-02-02, 15:21   Link #3875
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Pictures!

What about the "why the heck did the author feel the need to include that!?" Like Dorothy saying she'll marry Treize one day when she was two or Angelina making out with her son or my favorite part, Wu Fei charging into battle with The Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background? If you can give me a good reason for those, I'll never dis FT again. Which would be a shame because it's fun teasing it.
1) so that they can established romance doesnt make any sense in wing world. in order for reader to no get interested which hopefully cutting scary fan wank (thought opposite my applied)

2) same as above. basically strengthen the same point

3) that becouse Wufei now have epyon 2 which is a transformable MS which is similar to VF-1 Valkyrie. not to mention the song is often used for dramatic entry using big machine (or animal or weapon) from aove. which why Ride of the Valkyries is fitting

happy now

Old 2012-02-02, 18:27   Link #3876
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
theory: that's when they had it and Sumisawa got fired xD

Quote:
Well said. I wonder, would FT come off as better if we ignored the fact that it's supposed to be a continuation of Wing and regarded it as a standalone?
Possibly, I've tried this approach, or rather I've tried seeing it as a sort of AU, where everyone is genderbent and sort of abnormal.
It was a bit better, but still extremely awkward.

Quote:
Some would argue that Quatre doesn't necessarily need these parts. Others would say it's for his planned gender reassignment surgery.
I of course don't endorse either theory..

Quote:
Bad writing. Clinical insanity. Temporary confusion. Call it what you may, but in the end it comes down to bad writing, sadly.
The last part is mostly so bad it's ridiculously funny. At least it cracks me up. It's like reading the drunken dream of a fangirl writing her first story.

Quote:
3) that becouse Wufei now have epyon 2 which is a transformable MS which is similar to VF-1 Valkyrie. not to mention the song is often used for dramatic entry using big machine (or animal or weapon) from aove. which why Ride of the Valkyries is fitting
lol that doesn't help

Last edited by Faerie; 2012-02-02 at 18:45.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 18:28   Link #3877
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Wu Fei charging into battle with The Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background?
LOL!

Apocalypse Now of the Mars Century!
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:36   Link #3878
supernerd

Well, I believe the guy will tie up some of the weird scenes later in the novel, but it will still make us go wtf anyway.

I think he is trying too hard to sound smart, and is failing miserably in my book. But I will keep follow the story, if only for the lol moments.
supernerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 23:49   Link #3879
Aldaeus

Quote:

1. Dorothy was like what 5... 7ish? Little girls say stupid shit like that all the time... and in the second part Treize isn't blood related which makes it somewhat creepy but alright at the same time...

2. Angelina had a total mental breakdown, and at that point went stark raving mad hatter crazy...

3. Wufei pulling something out of Apocalypse Now is alright if he's going to be badass while doing it... And an Epyon in MA mode dogfight is kinda epic enough to warrant it...
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 03:32   Link #3880
Eeni

Quote:

...What. Were. They. Thinking?!
Omode: we need 1 more scene to fill in 3 minutes for this episode. And we have to turn the script in, like, in 10 minutes...
Chiba: How 'bout Relena staring off into the distance thinking about Heero? You know, to show that audience that she's interested in the guy?
Omode:Ya! like she doesn't say anything but you know what she's thinking, right?
Chiba: Ya! You writing this down Sumizawa-san?
Sumizawa: YA! Excellent idea guys!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
1. Dorothy was like what 5... 7ish? Little girls say stupid shit like that all the time... and in the second part Treize isn't blood related which makes it somewhat creepy but alright at the same time...

2. Angelina had a total mental breakdown, and at that point went stark raving mad hatter crazy...

3. Wufei pulling something out of Apocalypse Now is alright if he's going to be badass while doing it... And an Epyon in MA mode dogfight is kinda epic enough to warrant it...
Sorry Ikuze... I would have to agree with Aldaeus on the Dorothy wanting to marry her cousin at such a tender age. My friends, kids are 1st cousin and are starting to say stuff like this (I can't wait till they're old enough so I can tell them about this!), and I remember my youngest sister saying the same thing about one of our cousins too. I'm beginning to think that this is a lil kid thing. Whatever, they eventually grow out of it and become embarrassed.

As for the whole Angelina debacle, wasn't Traize like 3 when this happened? I understand that he could remember something this intense happening in his life. But did he really understand what was happening at that tender age? I would imagine that he was confused as hell until he hit the double digits of his age and then NEVER told a soul about the incident.

Also... using The Ride of The Valkyries is a common cliche. It's been used for the good and the bad. It was most notably used in a 1915 film called Birth of a Nation right as the hero of the film came ridding in on a stallion (I think) to save the damsel in distress. The way it's edited and the use of the music is AWESOME regardless of the offensive subject matter.

Does this mean that we can also expect to see a "Richard Wagner" sometime in the future for FT??? >XD

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-02-03 at 03:50.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing