AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 10:08   Link #341
Yakumo<3
Onigiri Faction FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
Some days I wonder if Kobayashi thinks back on school rumble maybe making a sequel etc. I mean it was his first hit and his most popular work. I'm sure he thinks about it.
Same here. It would be nice if after all these years, he's secretly continuing SR. Not letting anyone know about it or else he'd never publish it to the media. And that somehow, in the upcoming years, he would publish it. Hopefully, the School Rumble spirit inside us wouldn't diminish. I really hope so. The ending's a real bummer IMO. :< Though we get to see that Eri and Harima got together (still wanted HarimaXYakumo though). Anyways, let's just believe )
Yakumo<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 00:57   Link #342
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakumo<3 View Post
Same here. It would be nice if after all these years, he's secretly continuing SR. Not letting anyone know about it or else he'd never publish it to the media. And that somehow, in the upcoming years, he would publish it. Hopefully, the School Rumble spirit inside us wouldn't diminish. I really hope so. The ending's a real bummer IMO. :< Though we get to see that Eri and Harima got together (still wanted HarimaXYakumo though). Anyways, let's just believe )
My brothers are watching school rumble after I recently re-watched it myself, they love the show.

ITs been some time since KJ announced any thing, I hope he doesn't disappear with that Ichiro hein! series being his last manga.

Atleast if there was an animated season 3 I would be real happy. And maybe an OVA that covers SRZ or something.

I was pulling for Eri at the end although I started out as a Yakumo fan. There was just way more development between Eri and Harima.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 04:01   Link #343
Yakumo<3
Onigiri Faction FTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
My brothers are watching school rumble after I recently re-watched it myself, they love the show.

ITs been some time since KJ announced any thing, I hope he doesn't disappear with that Ichiro hein! series being his last manga.

Atleast if there was an animated season 3 I would be real happy. And maybe an OVA that covers SRZ or something.

I was pulling for Eri at the end although I started out as a Yakumo fan. There was just way more development between Eri and Harima.
I'm currently re-watching it now even though I have things to work to. HAHA. That's how SR got to me so bad.

True. I just wish he'd continue SR. Maybe to straighten things out about what happened to Yakumo, Harima and Eri.

Although I root for Yakumo, Eri's not so bad either. IMO, Yakumo's the perfect girl for me <3 haha. Character development-wise, Eri's got a huge lead against Yakumo, having more "romantic" scenes with Eri, much more in the manga. Though I wish it was just Yakumo's dream (the part where Eri and Harima visit Karasuma and the Tsukamoto's bringing along their child) then she'd find Harima first than Eri. Nyahaha! Onigiri FTW!
Yakumo<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 23:22   Link #344
Kamuui

Sorry for reviving this topic but I have a question that I really can't hold anymore.
Someone know what is this image?

http://s193.photobucket.com/user/spy...a_Eri.jpg.html

I really don't remember see this image with Harima and Eri in no moment in manga and this don't seems any fanart but an original Jin Kobayashi's art. I've heard somewhere it was about some character's popularity poll but I junt can't find it. Someone's can help me? If someone already make this question I'm sorry again, but I really want know.
Old 2014-06-22, 06:05   Link #345
Solafighter
Hige

It definitely is in the manga but I don't remember where. Been some time I have read the manga.
Old 2014-09-03, 22:22   Link #346
sakura125
~ Oudou Faction ~

if I'm not mistaken it's from SRZ
Old 2014-11-14, 18:20   Link #347
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We got another SR fan here.

JinKobayashiHearMe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC05...Fei9Ywg/videos
Old 2014-12-02, 14:00   Link #348
Jin-Kobayashi HearMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We got another SR fan here.

JinKobayashiHearMe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC05...Fei9Ywg/videos
Thank you Kenji I appreciate you posting my Youtube channel. My videos are not professionally done or fancy but I think they get how I feel across. Also, I think it's important to point out that Harima did NOT end up with Eri, or anyone else. That image of Harima and Eri with the baby was an image from Max's mind. He was jealous of Harima being close to Eri because he (Max) was in love with her and thought that her and Harima were a couple.
Old 2015-01-31, 12:07   Link #349
Stellar Fungk

I have just completed SRZ. The SR ending (as all of you already know) was bad. Very bad. It is as if KJ didn't have time to go to the bathroom so he took a dump on his manga instead. I went to bed that night feeling sick.

Now about SRZ. Around chapter 5 things started to get interesting.

(I don't know how to use this spoiler function, it keeps asking me about purpose and context, so I write the spoiler here)

THIS IS A SPOILER!

Yeah, as I said, things got a lot more interesting around chapter 5 and onwards (except for the chapter in the Tokyo Drome with Tenma and Karasuma).

1. We see that Mikoto is married to Hanai. And Hanai is some kind of politician. This is nice. Cause I rooted for those two from the beginning. Sawachika is a stewardess and seems to be searching for Harima. Yakumo works at the manga place (forgot what it was called).

2.Imadori and Ichijou seem to be couple now, which is nice.

3.Yakumo visits Tenma and tells that Harima is living with her and Sarah.

4.And in the final chapter the graduation takes place. And we see an image that shows Harima and Eri together with a baby. And lastly, the graduation with Tenma coming back from America.

Now, are these situations a part of the main series or is it in another dimension? I know for sure that the samurai chapter and van helsing chapter is in another dimension.
If these situations (that I mentioned in the spoiler) are apart of the main series, when did they occur? Which chapters took place before the ending of School Rumble (pie, church, fail) and which took place after?

- It would be logical to put Nr. 2 before the SR ending. Cause in the ending Ichijou calls Imadori by first name "Kyosuke". This must mean that nr. 2 happend before the SR ending.

- Nr. 3 must have happend before the SR ending too. Because Yakumo told Tenma that Harima is living in their house. Now, if I remember correctly, after Harima agrees to help Sawachika with being her fake fiance (so she could stay in Japan), he was kicked out by Itoko. He went and asked if he could live in Sawachika's house but she refused. So he instead ended up living in the Tsukamoto house. This was prior to Harima leaving Japan and wandering around in the World + the SR ending. Therefor Yakumo's visit to America happend before the class reunion. If this happend before or after Nr. 2 is irrelevant.

- Nr 1., I'm not sure here. Now, this is very confusing. Harima seems to be wandering around the world. Sawachika is looking for him. Harima was also wandering before the SR ending. So this means that Nr. 1 happend before the SR ending (that Hanai became a politician and ended up with Mikoto, Eri being a stewardess and searching for Harima). Suou and Hanai doesn't seem like they fit in the Nr. 1 description during the Class reunion though. OR that it happend after the ending, which means that Harima continued to wander after the Class reunion. I don't know. It doesn't sound realistic that Nr. 1 happend before the reunion. These things take many years to achieve. At the same time, we don't know how many years passed during the time skip in the last chapters of the SR manga. This is why I hate time skips. So I don't really know where to put this. But it seems more logical to put his after the class reunion.

Now, the final puzzle. Nr.4. The graduation part is without doubt before the Class reunion and therefor before Nr. 1. I would put it after Ichijou/Imadori Nr. 2 and Yakumo's visit to America Nr. 3

And that image. I don't think that's Max's image. How does he know about Karasuma and his situation to that detail? I think that the image shows the future but at the same it can mean nothing. I was rooting for Eri and Harima so I will accept that image as the truth, though I'm not 100 % sure. And I'm not content with it either. If Harima and Eri ended up together, then we fans deserved at least two chapters about that. How did they end up together? Who confessed? What did that person say? You get what I'm meaning. Two chapters with Eri and Harima (finely drawn). But we didn't get that.

This confusion is all Kobayashi's fault. If those guys at Kodansha were responible for this then it's their AND Kobayashi's fault. I'm too tired to write any further.

I'm sorry for this long post and my english. English is not my first language. It is infact my third language. I love School Rumble very much. But that ending was bad. And while School Rumble Z did fix some things, it wasn't the ending that School Rumble deserved. Tenma got her wish (in some form) and ended up with Karasuma. But all we got for Harima was a subtle image of him and Eri and a baby. It wasn't even beautifully drawn. And one more thing, by making SRZ, Kobayashi knew that what he did to the SR ending was wrong. Trying to fix his own work, his darling, after ******* her up is a sad story (and ****** up the timeline). It was necessary but at the sametime a shame (the whole situation).

The scene when Eri beats the crap out of Harima would have been the best place for Eri to confess her love!

SPOILER ENDS HERE!!

Last edited by Stellar Fungk; 2015-01-31 at 16:34.
Stellar Fungk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 21:12   Link #350
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Max is not close enough with Karasuma to know his sickness and probably doesn't even know nor mentioned in the manga and he's not in the graduation ending as well to know anything. Like I said before it's pretty much just a vision of Max.

Reboot remake who cares? Give us another SR.
Old 2015-05-23, 22:04   Link #351
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Man, it's been a while. I was just reading some old posts on the WF forums. Nostalgic. Thought I'd stop by here to see who's still around. Obviously KenjiHarima, hah.

JK really needs to bring SR back. Heck, even if they'd just do a Bluray Remaster or something. I'd buy that so fast.

We need to time travel to prevent the pie-ending from happening.
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote