AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Shakugan no Shana character
Yuji Sakai 99 28.86%
Shana 252 73.47%
Alastor 66 19.24%
Kazumi Yoshida 52 15.16%
Wilhelmina Carmel 112 32.65%
Margery Daw 61 17.78%
Fumina Konoe 34 9.91%
Pheles 62 18.08%
Hecate 84 24.49%
Bel Peol 6 1.75%
Sydonay 8 2.33%
Other 56 16.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-28, 08:09   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Shakugan no Shana II - Favorite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to Shakugan no Shana - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Nanoha Strikers characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!
If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2008-03-28, 08:58   Link #2
Deathscyther

Hmm, this season didn't change my view on the characters drastically, but there were some changes.

Shana: My all-time favourite anime girl. I liked her more in season 1, but she's still awesome and kawaii in my eyes. I missed her triple urusai a lot in this season, as well as her aggressive personaliy sometimes (This is probably because of the many slice of life episodes this season) But her new cute outfits and her protectiveness of Yuji made up for it

She still gets a 10/10 from me.

Yuji: I didn't like him too much in season 1, but I like him quite a lot now. He isn't the helpless boy who can only whine no more. He learned to fight and has made his resolve to protect the village. He did show his weak side in the beginning of the season, but in the second half of the season he turned into a fine male lead. I didn't like that he was too indecisive in the love area though.

He gets a 8/10 from me.

Wilhelmina: I already liked her in season one, but I like her even more now. She really grew on me this season. She's stronger than she looks and her personality is really cute sometimes. Trying to act like her mother for instance. Combine that with the dry Tiamat...awesome

She gets a 8/10 from me.

Hecate: Most of her was anime original, but I still liked her. She stays pretty cute. She changed a lot from season 1 in some aspects though. Her new fighting abilities were nice and I liked that she had trouble with her new 'emotions' sometimes. They did 'overuse' her this season imo though.

She gets a 7/10 from me.

Dantalion and Domino: Don't ask...I just like the weirdos XD;

They get a 6.5/10 from me.
Old 2008-03-28, 09:58   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I don't really see how Hecate is overused. I doubt her screentime amounts to even 10 minutes through the whole season. She barely had any appearances aside from her attack on Yuji to seal silver again and the very last episode.

If i were to say which character is overused, it has got to be Kazumi. She didn't really have a purpose and the writers didn't really seem to know what she is supposed to do either. Her involvement in the story lacks any form of creativity and she is very limited in her actions, which would amount to thinking one thought: "i want to stand in the same place as Sakai-kun and Shana-chan".

Her role in season 1 was much more defined and her presence more meaningful. But it seems that after fulfilling her role as Shana's rival in season 1, now it seems the writers simply had ran out of ideas what to do with her, thus she ends up as presence with barely any purpose.

As for my favorites ... i am not really sure i have one Yes, i have some characters i would prefer over others, but i don't really like any of them to the extent i would want to vote for them on the poll and say "yes, this is a charater i like from SnS".
Old 2008-03-28, 11:21   Link #4
Kristen
*Author

1. Yoshida Kazumi - Alright, you all knew it was coming. Kazumi, to me, is the character that makes this anime worth watching. She is sweet, kind, cute, and overall a completely normal girl. Her love for Yuji is pure, and she is just so completely selfless. If this series was renamed "The Devient World" with Kazumi emerging as the late heroine, it would be a complete work of art. Yuji should have chose her.
  2. Hecate - Maybe it's just Noto Mamiko or something, but Hecate by far has the most character development of anyone in the series, in my opinion. It's interesting to watch her. Like, she was quietly evil in season one, but this season, from the bird scene and the end of twenty four, it shows that there is more to her than meets the eye. She's still nowhere near Kazumi, but she gets into my favorites.
  3. Seeking Researcher - Honestly, there's too much good about him to pass him up. Namely, when he appears and is in action, the storyline moves with such a quick pace. Though he is impossible to time, since he never ends his phrases...

There are no notable mentions for this list.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:35   Link #5
FiREwing

1) Shana : She was the reason I got into Shakugan no Shana. No Shana = no show IMO. And I love her melon bread love. +10 for Shana since shes voiced by Rie Kugimiya too. I may just be a closet lolicon though...

2) Alastor : I love him in the Shana-tan Specials.

3) Konoe Fumina : Even though the episodes she were in sucked hard I still like her. It may just be Noto Mamiko like ChrissieXD said.

All the other characters are likeable just not my favorites, though sometimes I wanted to smack my head repeatedly into a wall at Yuji's density at the 2 girl's feelings. If I hated 1 of them I would fast forward to the next scene in 0.001 seconds.
Old 2008-03-28, 12:50   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Kazumi - the main link in the series to the normal world, sweet, kind...... I'm saying the same things as ChrissieXD.
Personally, I think there was way too much hate and death posts at her...

Fumina - voted for her because of everything she is, except the Hecate deletes her part

Others, AKA Dantalion - crazy guy and fun to watch and listen to.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-28, 15:56   Link #7
Crisano

There was no character that I hated in this series. However, I had to narrow down my vote to four people.

Kazumi Yoshida- Poor Kazumi, so many people dislike her; worse, hate her. I thought Kazumi was a great character, very nice, helpful, and cool at times. She was very brave, following her "feelings" and sticking with what she believes. Apparently, some people don't like how normal humans think aka "Yuji, I want to be with you". But, then again, I'm probably sticking words into people’s mouths, so ignore these, probably, false accusations.

Yuji Sakai- Surprisingly, there were problems with him, too. I still liked Yuji; he grew a lot in this season. He turned into quite a fighter, using the Bloodsucker and his sliver flame... thingy (I forgot). Yuji is awesome.

Margery Daw- She also grew more awesome this season. It was nice to see her a little more of her life, the whole Yuri and Annaberg episodes. Not to mention that she is so awesome and helpful in fights and in general. Basically, she is more awesome this season.

Fumina Konoe- Another controversy, I liked her. She was so "cute" and a competitor for Shana and Kazumi. Besides, she brought Shana and Kazumi more together.

"Honorable mention" goes to Wirhelmina Carmel, Shana, and Hecate.
Old 2008-03-28, 16:08   Link #8
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Alastor - Hes just plain out awsome lol

Shana - A strong little girl its kool she gets a 10/10 in my book. Only thing i didnt like about her and yoshida was the constant ill win ill win stuff goin on

Wilhelmina: She is kool very serious and very cute i liked her look when she was fighting sabrac and she didnt have the arpon over the top she looked really nice like that ^.^
Old 2008-03-28, 16:57   Link #9
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Wilhelmina: She is kool very serious and very cute i liked her look when she was fighting sabrac and she didnt have the arpon over the top she looked really nice like that ^.^
I presume you meant "apron" here, but what scene are you talking about exactly?
Old 2008-03-28, 19:21   Link #10
rainbow_star

For me it's Shana-chan and Wilhelmina.
I just can't resist Loli and Maid XD
Old 2008-03-28, 19:38   Link #11
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

I must tip my hat off to the little people (Yuji, Shana, Kazumi, Konoe, and Hecate) due to having more depth in their character.

Of course, I'll assume that Konoe and Hecate are two sides of the same coin or being.
Old 2008-03-28, 21:24   Link #12
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
May sound stupid, REALLY stupid. I like girls with personality likes Shana's. Awkward..... >_>
Old 2008-03-28, 21:52   Link #13
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Shana, Alastor, Wilhelmina, Pheles for me, and in "others", I vote for Dantalion and Domino

DOOOOOOOOOOOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 2008-03-28, 21:59   Link #14
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post
Shana, Alastor, Wilhelmina, Pheles for me, and in "others", I vote for Dantalion and Domino

DOOOOOOOOOOOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Hahaha who doesn't like DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMIIIIIIINNOOOOOOOO!1!!? Dantilion has the most comedic relief in the whole series. May be obvious. But then again Shana's mind set is also a comedic role, which is cute.
Old 2008-03-29, 00:22   Link #15
Shana

Shana: Well, it's just obvious xD

Hecate: She didn't even get 10 minutes of screentime, but she was one of my favorite characters. I "evolutioned" a lot through the first and 2nd season.

Others - Ogata
Old 2008-03-29, 05:29   Link #16
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
No-brainer, but I have to give a shout out to Yuji as well.
Old 2008-03-31, 09:52   Link #17
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Shana: Probably the biggest reason I watch the series.
Wilhelmina: There's a certain je ne sais quoi about her that does it for me. Maybe it's the combination of the taciturn nature, maid outfit, and quiet affection for Shana.
Old 2008-04-04, 16:49   Link #18
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Wilhelmina because I think she's just AWESOME
and Obviously Shana of course, because...i mean..it's SHANA
Hectate for being awesome too
Old 2008-04-04, 19:21   Link #19
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Shana is a given.

Other goes to Chigusa for being an awesome MILF.
Old 2008-04-04, 20:13   Link #20
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Shana: Bah! obviously! Shana is the first Tsundere I've ever liked, she got me into other Tsunderes, and she is one badass moe loli. <3 She's so cute, with her PURE love of Melon Pan, and the fact she's so innocent when it comes to "IRL" things.

Konoe Fumina: Auughh <333 [-Huggles her-] She was like the definition of Moe. Goddamn. I love the fact she reaches out to birds, it's so innocent, and omfg her in a witch costume shoots me back to Yuki Nagato and Tabitha, oh Konoe Fumina is oh so cute in that costume. I cried like so much on episode 15 when she went away, then a lot at the final episodes, MEMORIES OF KONOE FUMINA BURSTED INTO MY MIND. ;_____;

Hecate: Much character development, and like she's pretty with earrings. She is like so hardcore, her attacks are like holy shit awesome, but her expressions include: expressionless face, Angry Face, confused face, sad face, and orgasm face. I happen to enjoy all of them, especially the last one. but she has like little screentime in this season, much to my disappointment...
Closed Thread