AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-11-22, 16:15   Link #41
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i personally like the madlax and noir osts the best, though most of her music is amazing... i think she and yoko kanno are two of the best in the business... i can't wait for the third series in the noir/madlax trilogy... there are rumors that it's a crossover series... i can't picture that, but either way, it will have great yuki kajiura music!!

i also like the boogiepop and mai hime music
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 20:52   Link #42
jacksanimelovingbutt

What's up all, this is my first post.

Yeah, just recently got the .hack ost with her music on it. I honestly don't like the anime series at all, but I'm glad to have watched it because it introduced me to her music.
jacksanimelovingbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 04:03   Link #43
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Current Anime with Soundtracks by Kajiura Yuki

I've always enjoyed anime for which she's done the soundtrack for. The last one I saw was MaiHimE. Anything new? o_o

EDIT: Ty to the mod who moved this.

Last edited by Slade xTekno; 2007-03-06 at 04:21.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 05:45   Link #44
Shiuch

Erementar Gerad's musics are made by her. And the musics are awesome! Check it out Slade xTekno if you haven't watched it.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=2183

One of the best series so far I have seen.
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 08:42   Link #45
H-man
3rd year Otaku

Location: Hmm...: Bollnäs, Sweden; Sundsvall, Sweden; Edsbro, Sweden and a couple of places in Texas, USA
Send a message via MSN to H-man
I think that Kajiura Yuki is probably the best composor for Anime Insert musik. Toshiro Masuda also has some good songs, but. Well, my favourite Kajiura song is too hard. Can't even say my favourite Soundtrack by her. But if I had to choose, the best song would probably end up at Anna ni Isshodatta no ni (Gundam SEED ED 1). Kajiura's musik with Tanaka Rie's voice was just to much for me. I get goosebump anout 5 times each time I listen to the song. The best Soundtrack Kajiura has made is most likely Mai HiME OST 1. I have bought all Kajiura CDs I can get ahold of in Sweden.
Kajiura songs I listen to frequently:
Canta per me (Noir OST 1)
Salva nos (Noir OST 1)
Maze (Noir OST 2)
Margaret (MADLAX OST 1)
Yamiyou no prologue (Mai HiME OST 1)
Ensei (Mai HiME OST 1)
Mezame (Mai HiME OST 1)
It's only the fairytale (Mai Hime OST 1)
H-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 05:53   Link #46
Shiuch

I agree with H-man. Just watched Mai-hime and *krhm*, got the soundtracks from somewhere, and it's just awesome. But Erementar Gerad's OST I-II are awesome too.

It's only the fairytale - Mai-hime, always on my head.. Can't get rid of it! But not sure do I want to.
Shiuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 08:29   Link #47
Lumineya

I used to love Yuki, and even did a project on Key of the Twilight back in ninth grade, but now she's not that appealing to me anymore for some reason. I liked her work in a lot of series, but some of her songs start sounding the same to me after a while. Although I still have the magical ability to play a game or watch a series and immediately identify a Yuki song.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if she got paired up with Last Exile's Dolce Triade for a job.
Lumineya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 22:17   Link #48
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineya View Post
I used to love Yuki, and even did a project on Key of the Twilight back in ninth grade, but now she's not that appealing to me anymore for some reason. I liked her work in a lot of series, but some of her songs start sounding the same to me after a while. Although I still have the magical ability to play a game or watch a series and immediately identify a Yuki song.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if she got paired up with Last Exile's Dolce Triade for a job.
Some composers have a certain something that makes their music identifiable, but Yuki Kaiura has a signature sound, cadence, chord progression, and group of singers. So if it's a Yuki Kajiura song, you'll know it.

I'd want to see her work with Dolce Triade so she could use Hitomi as a singer. That would be worth listening to.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 02:31   Link #49
Sakuya
*Artist

I think I remember reading somewhere that she will be composing an OP theme song for an upcoming Spring 2007 anime. I know she's doing El Cazador but I think I read somewhere she's composing the OP for another anime as well. Anyone know which one it is?

I might be wrong though... I can't remember where I read that.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:07   Link #50
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I think I remember reading somewhere that she will be composing an OP theme song for an upcoming Spring 2007 anime. I know she's doing El Cazador but I think I read somewhere she's composing the OP for another anime as well. Anyone know which one it is?

I might be wrong though... I can't remember where I read that.
I can't put my finger on it either. Maybe it was the music for the new Fist of the North Star movie? I can't wait for romanesque. More FictionJunction YUUKA!!

I figured it out! She's also doing the arrangement for the opening song of El Cazador, but savage genius will be singing it.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:44   Link #51
sei

I might as well share it.Bear in mind that it is a low quality radio rip.

romanesque-FictionJunction YUUKA
sei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 17:32   Link #52
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sei View Post
I might as well share it.Bear in mind that it is a low quality radio rip.

romanesque-FictionJunction YUUKA
Thanks for sharing, I like it! I can't wait to hear the full song. I'm happy this song sounds different from her previous works. They were good but songs like Kouya Ruten and Honoo no Tobira sounded somewhat similar on certain verses and tones.

By the way, does anyone know how she comes up with those special sound effects such as a person's cry or those other things such as the last sound in the El Cazador trailers? It was also used in My-Otome. Is it one of those electric keyboard things?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 08:35   Link #53
clynia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineya View Post

God! I used to think exactly what you think!

What i want to add is the songs from See-saw and FictionJunction YUUKA
Yuki is one of the members ,and the songs are good(i don't know the English name so i can't list all of them)

some new works are not included ,like romanesque,Silly-Go-Round ,everlasting song,circus(album by FictionJunction YUUKA ) Destination(also) and so on

she is also one of the composers of TWO:LEAF tiaraway(album by千葉紗子&南里侑香)
clynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:07   Link #54
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Thanks for sharing, I like it! I can't wait to hear the full song. I'm happy this song sounds different from her previous works. They were good but songs like Kouya Ruten and Honoo no Tobira sounded somewhat similar on certain verses and tones.

By the way, does anyone know how she comes up with those special sound effects such as a person's cry or those other things such as the last sound in the El Cazador trailers? It was also used in My-Otome. Is it one of those electric keyboard things?
I think it's just some random synth noise. Anyone can do it.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 01:54   Link #55
mir
Canta per me...

Send a message via AIM to mir
She is simply one of the best composers out there. The results are simply amazing once she pairs with a great vocal.

Latest thing I got my hands on was the Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto single that Kajiura did with FictionJunction YUUKA. Excellent stuff as always. I'm looking forward to whatever new music is currently worked on =)
mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 06:23   Link #56
clynia

tracks from FictionJunction YUUKA's new album CIRCUS

曲目列表:

【CD】
  ○circus/新曲
  ○aikoi/ツバサ?クロニクル挿入歌
  ○Silly-Go-Round/.hack//Roots OP
  ○blessing
  ○荒野流転/幕末機関説 いろはにほへと OP
  ○よろこび/新曲
  ○光る砂漠
  ○romanesqe/エル·カザド ED
  ○ピアノ/新曲
  ○6月は君の永遠/新曲
  ○焔の扉/機動戦士ガンダムSEED 挿入歌
  ○AMGEL GATE/ミュージカル「ANGEL GATE」メインテーマ

Nothing new in it It's an ordinary one
They sound familiar to yuki's old songs(I even think they are getting worse)
clynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 11:43   Link #57
godraziert

The El Cazador OST is pretty nice IMHO, I'm liking most of the tracks in it.
Old 2007-07-26, 16:42   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraziert View Post
The El Cazador OST is pretty nice IMHO, I'm liking most of the tracks in it.
Yeah, its just your standard Kajiura. Some tracks missing, so i'm happy there shall be a second soundtrack.

inca rose is <3.
Old 2007-07-26, 18:53   Link #59
currywu

I really enjoyed Kajiura's past work (hack, Noir) and still do, but am getting tired of her style of composing. I think that among the well-known anime composers(Yoko Kanno, Joe Hisaishi), she has the least range. Listen to two different OSTs from either of the aforementioned composers and you'll notice far more variety(especially YK who is unbelievably eclectic).

Kajiura seems to have recycled the same old chord progression for 80% of her tracks. Seriously, try playing a bunch of her songs on the piano but all in the same key. It sounds quite repetitive. I know that's her style and all, but she needs to branch out and experiment some more with her music.
currywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 10:50   Link #60
Fei Fong Wong Jr.

I think El Cazador is quite different from her post .Hack//Sign works of recent( Mai Hime, Madlax, Tsubasa, etc) and this is obviously, IMHO, ten times better than her Xenosaga soundtracks, which are some of the worst experience I came about as far as VGM experience as concern. All I can say about them is, bluntly, crap.

But El Cazador softened my views on her. It shows that she still has potential. The soundtrack has minimal vocals, and the majority of tracks are instrumental. This is a refreshing change for me, especially considering those vocals with nonsensical lyrics grated a lot on my nerves.

As a conclusion, El Cazador OST 1 is highly recommended. Hope the other soundtrack will be as good.
Fei Fong Wong Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote