AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 09:30   Link #301
marvelB

Hey, fellas! As I mentioned in the recent chapter threads, volume 67 is out now! Now Greg from the OP podcast gave a summary of the SBS info, which you can find here and here. But for those too lazy to click those links, here's his SBS summary in full:

PART 1

Quote:
Greg: Got Vol 67 and White. Phone is about to die so can't do particulars now but big news is the voice actors for Ain and Binz (sp) have been revealed. Shinohara Ryoko and Kagawa Teruyuki respectively. Very cool. She is a babe.

As for SBS lots of fun stuff but big new character data comes in the form of how often the crew takes bathes/showers etc. Luffy, Zoro & Brook once a week. Chopper, Franky and Usopp once every three days. Nami, Sanji and Robin, every day.

Also, note the sound effects when Zoro eats the bento from Sanji on Punk Hazard, they reveal that Sanji DID put poison and razors in the bento as per their fight!!!

Noted that the squid with Ikaros was indeed his childhood friend that died.

Smoker is responsible for tearing off Tashigi's bra.
PART 2

Quote:
Greg:
Here are the rest of the bits from 67. To see the others, check the previous post.

Vol 67 Cover: Awesome colors!!!

Flap: Oda ponders the meaning of 'Snooze' and draws what he thinks a 'Snooze' might look like. It resembles what would be an acid-baby born to Snoopy and Falcor.

Pandaman: THE SUN FROM Vol.52 HAS APPEARED!!!!

SBS1:
Playful silliness but Oda is full of mirth.

SBS2:
Oda reveals Jinbei's ideas for the naming of his plan:
The Great Strawhat is a Hero Plan
The Great We Adore Humans Plan
The Great To Hell With What History Has to Say Plan

Oda gives us some backstory for Sharly! Arlong was abandoned by his father is Fishman District when he was very young. He doesn't remember his father's face. Then when Arlong was 15 a man claiming to be Arlong's father abandoned a little girl there as well who was born to a different mother. When she was 4 she foretold the coming of the proceeding year's Great Pirate Age.

Nifty!

SBS3:
Oda lovingly explains that the reason Nami and Robin didn't react to Franky's various weapons and such like Usopp etc. is because men and women are different organisms.

Someone asks why Law is a Shichibukai and not the poorly drawn figure they crafted called 'Mr. Kato'. Oda says because Mr. Kato looks weak, like only 2 Belly weak.

SBS4: Aside from the cool discussion of the bento, there's some Wanze-related silliness of no importance to the story.

SBS5: I found this really cool. Another one of Oda's policies revealed. Oda doesn't frequently write lines of dialogue outside the text boxes. He USED to do this at the start and still does it in various forms every once in a blue moon but he doesn't like to because it's his own writing. He doesn't like that because it kind of puts a crack in the fourth wall and might take the reader out of the story.

SBS6: A reader explained to one of their friends that Robin doesn't like exposing her boobs, it's simply that Oda likes boobs. Oda confirms this.

KEY: Oda introduces the main members of the new film staff. Nothing particular of note.

Movie News: In addition to what I posted before BOTH Ain and Binz (sp) are confirmed to be DF users and Ain's hairpiece is the upside down Marine symbol that Z uses. Z's voice is still a mystery but like I said before, I have a feeling it might be Sugawara Bunta.

As for White? Meh. It's an anime book. Nothing of particular use unfortunately. There are some BRIEF interviews in the back which will be a good read for hardcore anime fans but not my cup of tea. Either way, still a nice piece to have on your shelf. It's very colorful and contains the first attempt at a series timeline (albeit broken up and difficult to interpret) but I've got a far more complete version on my site.

Yep! That's all for now folks!

^As you can see, he also talks about OP White a little, though it doesn't sound very interesting, sadly. Anyways, interesting SBS info here. I find the Straw-Hat bathing info rather amusing (so Sanji is the only guy who bathes daily.....), and Zoro eating Sanji's poisoned food is hilarious! But I gotta say that Oda revealing a little about the history of Arlong and Shirley was the highlight of this SBS for me. It's just too bad that he never explained that much during the storyline itself, due to its rushed nature.....

Anyways, aside from that, I also found the Jinbei plan name thing amusing (I especially love that last name listed ). And how can we have an SBS corner WITHOUT the usual boobie jokes? The only real complaint I have is the lack of kid drawings this time around (especially since Oda had done about 4 of them in a row). Oh well, there's always next volume, I suppose.

But at any rate, there ya go!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 09:43   Link #302
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it was a fun one. laugh at poison food and boos jokes (i wonder what is his wife reaction when he hear this )

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 10:58   Link #303
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
SBS6: A reader explained to one of their friends that Robin doesn't like exposing her boobs, it's simply that Oda likes boobs. Oda confirms this.
Yes, Oda, that's the way it is. Boobies FTW! XDD

Quote:
As for SBS lots of fun stuff but big new character data comes in the form of how often the crew takes bathes/showers etc. Luffy, Zoro & Brook once a week. Chopper, Franky and Usopp once every three days. Nami, Sanji and Robin, every day.
I can't stand without taking a bath a day. Uggh, the boys except for Sanji are just gross, man.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 16:32   Link #304
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's understandable that Brook doesn't take showers often since, you know... Luffy and Zoro are freaking gross though. I guess it's not too surprise coming from them.

Sanji putting razors and poison in Zoro's food is hilarious. Totally missed that.
Old 2012-08-03, 14:04   Link #305
marvelB

I actually find it more amusing that even the part-human members (Chopper, Franky) are cleaner than Luffy and Zoro. I guess the crew just learned to get accustomed to their odors, or something.
Old 2012-08-03, 14:35   Link #306
Rainbowman

Quote:
If a bitter vigilante were to take a bath/shower, it would be to heal wounds received. Other times for a bath/shower would be not at all.

Quote:
Smoker is responsible for tearing off Tashigi's bra.
As to why we'll probably never know.

Quote:
SBS2:
Oda reveals Jinbei's ideas for the naming of his plan:
The Great Strawhat is a Hero Plan
The Great We Adore Humans Plan
The Great To Hell With What History Has to Say Plan
Here's an idea that's more appropriate:

The Great "Times They Are A Changing" Plan

Quote:
Isn't that breaking the fourth wall?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:00   Link #307
marvelB

Well now, well now..... there was a neat little OP-related surprised packaged with the latest SJ issue! It's a book commemorating the series' 15th anniversary called One Piece: Dive to Grand World! There's neat content to be found for sure, but probably the most interesting of it (at least to me) is this map of the OP world:

Greg from the OP Podcast translated some of the new, interesting info. And so, I shall let him do the speaking for me here once more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
It also appears to be confirmed in the booklet with the latest JUMP issue that Mihawk, Doflamingo, Kuma & Hancock are still listed as Shichibukai leaving two unknown spaces. Kuma? Still? Really??? Even though he was out of commision protecting Sunny so long?

More original info from the special booklet with the newest issue of JUMP (not officially released yet).

SIZES!!!! Now, the sizes are NOT exact but it's still nice to have estimates!!!!
Shirahoshi: 17m
Megalo: 25m
Hoe: 40m
Sea Bear: 50m
Sea Lion: 55m
PH Dragon (Large): 70m
Smiley: 150m
Kraken: 300m
Sea Kings: More than 5000 meters!?!?!?!???????

World map!!!

Sambas sea region (near Baratie) サンバス
Polestar Archipelago (location of Logue Town)
Yotsuba Island (Location of Shells Town)

^Aside from that, the rest of the info chiefly consists of stuff that we already knew, like the crew positions (interestingly, it seems to list Franky as being both the carpenter AND helmsman, so I guess that settles the old argument about the need for a new member to fit that position). There's also some bounties listed, but again, they're ones that we already knew (though at least it shows Ace's 550 million bounty here, which was revealed recently). There's also some sketches for Film Z shown, some familiar, but the rest new, I think. And so, I shall post them in the appropriate thread. But what's also cool is that in another page of Oda's sketches, there's one that actually seems to reveal the faces of the Yeti Cool Brothers from the Punk Hazard arc:

Yes, yes, this was a nice little surprise indeed (and somewhat makes up for the disappointment of OP White, IMO). And now to get to posting those Film Z sketches.....
Old 2012-08-09, 12:50   Link #308
marvelB

Thought I'd post a few more tidbits of info from Dive to Grand World:

-In my previous post, I mentioned there being some bounties listed from the ones we already knew. But I forgot to mention that the highest prices so far go in the order of Ace, Law, and Jinbei. Interestingly, we still don't actually know his exact price, but he's ranked right between Luffy and Law, indicating that his current bounty is somewhere between 400 and 440 million.

-There's also a page that talks about the different races that exist in the OP world. What's really interesting here is that Bepo, Pekoms, and Koala the three-eyed girl from Big Mom's crew are apparently listed as being unidentified species. And on the same page, it's mentioned that Mink-men, Dwarf, and Snake-neck tribes are still shrouded in mystery (some of the more observant posters may remember that we first heard of those 3 tribes before during the Sabaody arc).

-Another really cool tidbit of info here is that we learn of some details about how the battle between Aokiji and Akainu affected Punk Hazard's weather. As to be expected, the admiral's DF powers raised ice mountains and volcanoes on the island, and that the battle also cracked a hole into the island's center. Some sea water flowed into the hole, and it affected the island's development: The hot side was created due to the magma that fell into the ocean water nearby, which raised the temperature greatly. As for the cold side, it was created due to dry winds blowing the vapor created from the magma into the sky, which created clouds. And it's those clouds that rain snow upon the cold half of the island.

Yep, this is some really cool info indeed, IMO. Oh, and credit for some of the translated info goes to various members at AP (mainly Aohige and another fellow called Yoschl).
Old 2012-08-09, 14:06   Link #309
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Thought I'd post a few more tidbits of info from Dive to Grand World:

-In my previous post, I mentioned there being some bounties listed from the ones we already knew. But I forgot to mention that the highest prices so far go in the order of Ace, Law, and Jinbei. Interestingly, we still don't actually know his exact price, but he's ranked right between Luffy and Law, indicating that his current bounty is somewhere between 400 and 440 million.
Are we talking about Jinbei's price? I would estimate said price to be 420 million.

Quote:
-There's also a page that talks about the different races that exist in the OP world. What's really interesting here is that Bepo, Pekoms, and Koala the three-eyed girl from Big Mom's crew are apparently listed as being unidentified species. And on the same page, it's mentioned that Mink-men, Dwarf, and Snake-neck tribes are still shrouded in mystery (some of the more observant posters may remember that we first heard of those 3 tribes before during the Sabaody arc).
I look forward to seeing the Dwarf tribe in future story arcs.

Quote:
-Another really cool tidbit of info here is that we learn of some details about how the battle between Aokiji and Akainu affected Punk Hazard's weather. As to be expected, the admiral's DF powers raised ice mountains and volcanoes on the island, and that the battle also cracked a hole into the island's center. Some sea water flowed into the hole, and it affected the island's development: The hot side was created due to the magma that fell into the ocean water nearby, which raised the temperature greatly. As for the cold side, it was created due to dry winds blowing the vapor created from the magma into the sky, which created clouds. And it's those clouds that rain snow upon the cold half of the island.
That's one major tidbit there. That lake of sea water probably explains why Smiley the slime was avoiding it.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:35   Link #310
marvelB

It's that time again! Volume 68 was just recently released, and there's some particularly juicy info revealed, though not everything was translated yet. Anyway, here's what we've got so far:

-More Film Z cameos are confirmed: Sengoku will be appearing in the movie, and is now a General Inspector in the current time. Furthermore, it looks like a new model of Pacifista will be appearing as well: PX-Z Shiro Kuma.

-Looks like Usopp has a Pop Green factory in the Sunny.

-Apparently, Sanji is modeled after Steve Buscemi.

-Oda talks about the 3 cups shown at Ace/Whitebeard's tomb at the end of the last ministory.

-Luffy no longer shrinks after using Gear 3.

-Oda does more kid drawings of past characters, focusing on Smoker, Tashigi and Hina (really looking forward to a pic of this one!).

-We get the ages of the pre-skip supernovas! From youngest to oldest:

Quote:
-Kid (21)
-Bonney (estimated to be 22)
-Law (24)
-Killer (25)
-Hawkins, Apoo (29)
-Drake (31)
-Capone (40)
-Urouge (45)

For the most part, the ages are pretty much what I expected them to be (the only one I figured would be older is Capone). Anyway, I shall naturally update again once more info is available.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-10-31 at 17:50.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:43   Link #311
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i expect Kid and Law age to be swapped

Old 2012-10-31, 16:05   Link #312
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
-Apparently, Sanji is modeled after Steve Buscemi.
WHAT. I don't see any similarities. In any case it's cool that Oda appreciate a great actor like Buscemi.

Quote:
-Oda talks about the 3 cups shown at Ace/Whitebeard's tomb at the end of the last ministory.
I really want to know more about that. Did he reveal who put the cups there?

Looking forward to the drawings of Smoker and the others as a kid. It should be amusing.
Old 2012-10-31, 16:51   Link #313
Blackbeard D. Kuma

What's piqued my interest the most is Sengoku now being a general inspector. Looking forward to seeing what kind of involvement he'll have in the story from here on out. And now that his new role has been divulged, I can't help but wonder what Garp's new role is (besides training Coby and Helmeppo). I also want to see their post-skip appearances.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:25   Link #314
Rainbowman

Quote:
-Oda does more kid drawings of past characters, focusing on Smoker, Tashigi and Hina (really looking forward to a pic of this one!).
A picture of young Tashigi could prove once and for all that she could in fact be Kuina.
Old 2012-10-31, 17:57   Link #315
marvelB

Made a couple corrections to the last post. Turns out that the supernova ages were from BEFORE the skip. Also, it's mentioned that Bonney's age is estimated to be 22 (which means the possibility that she's hundreds of years old still exists. Curses! ). Also, the new pacifista model is apparently known as "Shiro (white) Kuma"......

Oh, and it's mentioned that some of the clothing designs from Film Z are from Armani Exchange, and it seems that some new voice actors were announced for the movie as well (Miho Tanaka, Nozomi Sasaki Mariya Nishiuchi). Still waiting for the rest of the pics/info.....
Old 2012-10-31, 21:44   Link #316
Kona
Banned

I want to see Sentomaru and Bogart as little kids. Oda has to draw that.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:29   Link #317
marvelB

Okay, the pics are out! credit goes to redon and kaze1028 from AP for the pics:

Spoiler:

As for the thing about Sanji being based on Steve Buscemi, to be more specific he's modeled after Buscemi's character in Reservoir Dogs (Oda's actually a well-known fan of Tarantino movies, after all). Another pic shows the garden where Usopp grows his plants, but the info hasn't been translated yet (at least as far as I know).

That's it for now. Next I gotta post some of those pics at the Film Z thread....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-11-01 at 16:25.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:34   Link #318
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

can you rehost it? every pic is broken

Old 2012-11-01, 16:33   Link #319
marvelB

^Yeah, I was kinda in a rush when I posted those pics, so I didn't notice they were broken. Anyway, they're rehosted now! Which reminds me, I gotta fix the links in the film Z thread, too.....

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that we've got the heights of the supernovas, in addition to their ages. Going from shortest to tallest here:

Capone: 166cm
Bonney: 174cm
Law: 191cm
Killer: 195cm
Kid: 205cm
Hawkins: 210cm
Drake: 233cm
Apoo: 256cm
Urouge: 388cm
Old 2012-11-03, 11:11   Link #320
marvelB

Oh, and one more thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really want to know more about that. Did he reveal who put the cups there?

Concerning this, the question was from a reader wondering why the cups were cut off from the page in the books/volumes but were fully shown in the OP Ten exhibits (which was apparently the editor's fault). As for Oda's response to the MEANING of the cups.... well, here's what he said (credit goes to CCC from AP for translating this line):

Quote:
"...As for what people want to believe about this, I leave that to your imaginations!"

Yep, we were trolled, I'm afraid. But I think I have a good idea about who left those sake cups behind......