Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-17, 15:19   Link #1341
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Well, this woman in the background from episode 14 looks a lot like Mrs. Darlian:

Then again, we do have Sayla showing up in episode 41 xD

You just blew my mind with that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 17:42   Link #1342
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Yeah, you catch a lot of these things after fast forwarding through every episode while vidding. xD

It also results in an unholy union between GW and Ke$ha.
Can't stand Ke$ha but that was actually enjoyable.

Wufei's dropping the gun being reversed and Heero's laugh during Episode 1 were highlights for me for some reason.

As a sports fan, here's another unholy union between Gundam Wing and those damn Lakers.
Old 2010-12-18, 04:08   Link #1343
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
As a sports fan, here's another unholy union between Gundam Wing and those damn Lakers.
Pfft. This is why I can't stand Laker's fans.....
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 14:23   Link #1344
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Pfft. This is why I can't stand Laker's fans.....
Same; they ruin everything.
Old 2010-12-19, 10:23   Link #1345
wingzerosnuggles

Gundam Ace February issue comes out on X-mas day:
http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-1360.html

And let the countdown begin... xD
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 16:28   Link #1346
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Gundam Ace February issue comes out on X-mas day:
http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-1360.html

And let the countdown begin... xD

Thank God!

Maybe we'll finally learn about what Trowa and Quatre have been up to.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:03   Link #1347
wingzerosnuggles

I just want next chapter to somehow justify me using this picture for Heero:

Guy's been frozen thirty years.

Um, I mean, I'm totally into this for the politics? xD
Old 2010-12-19, 18:11   Link #1348
Elo the Blue

Heero Yuy = Andy Stitzer
Old 2010-12-19, 18:12   Link #1349
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I just realized Relena has "magic bangs" in your avatar, snuggles.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:23   Link #1350
wingzerosnuggles

@Elo: Yeah, he is. And after, I am not betting on a stellar review:

After all, she's evil, right? xD

@Deacon: Yep, she goes from Endless Waltz hair to Episode 49 hair in the span of about a second.
Old 2010-12-19, 18:45   Link #1351
Elo the Blue

Quote:
@Elo: Yeah, he is. And after, I am not betting on a stellar review:

After all, she's evil, right? xD

Poor Heero...
Old 2010-12-19, 23:16   Link #1352
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
She goes from Endless Waltz hair to Episode 49 hair in the span of about a second.

I find it amusing lol. Relena's bangs transform magically when she puts her hair up in a ponytail. And not just her... Une too. And Zechs.
Old 2010-12-20, 01:35   Link #1353
peacecraft

Phew! Okay, this took longer than it should of. Sorry about that, I was being lazy. XD

Here is chapter 2 RAW of FROZEN TEARDROP including the Trowa W Archives, Wufei W Archives and the Re:Replay for the Gundams. (I have Chapter 1&2 of Glory + Chapter 3 of FT, but being that those have already been scanlated/scanned I didn't scan them. If anyone needs them though, let me know)

I just bought the June, July & October issues of Gundam ACE so I will be scanning all the left over stuff very soon!!

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 03:46   Link #1354
wingzerosnuggles

@peacecraft Thanks! Updating first post now.

@Deacon Looking forward to your translations once time allows. :3
Old 2010-12-20, 05:44   Link #1355
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I just realized Relena has "magic bangs" in your avatar, snuggles.
NGL, that has always bothered me about Relena's ponytail character design. x_x; I think it's part of the reason I hate her hair in a ponytail so much XD
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 07:43   Link #1356
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
NGL, that has always bothered me about Relena's ponytail character design. x_x; I think it's part of the reason I hate her hair in a ponytail so much XD
Agreed. I hate it too. >_>

Thanks heaps, peacecraft!
Old 2010-12-20, 09:27   Link #1357
LadyRelena

It's been a while since I responded here and so much has been discussed since I last posted (college life is time consuming) Anyway, I think I have a good idea whats going on in this ridicules novel but bear with me if I get something wrong, because 50 something pages is a lot to read and I skimmed over a good deal of it. (please tell me if I left out something important)

Basically; Heero was brought out of a frozen sleep to kill Relena by order of Dorthy because she's evil now. Also, Relena was somehow put into a frozen sleep just like Heero. There are new Gundams for whatever reason and Duo's son is a complete and utter annoyance.

*Sigh* this novel... I don't even know what to say anymore it's so bad. Someone a while back in this thread said that we should quite complaining because this was supposed to be a "gift." Well it's not I can assure you. It's nothing but milking a dead franchise for money, pure and simple. I guess the only way Sumisawa thought he could do that was by writing a poorly written novel that retcons practically everything "he himself" previously established. As corny as it sounds, I would have been happier with a one episode OVA that showed everyone together and living in the peaceful world they helped create. I'll even go so far as to say they all deserved a good sappy end. They sure fought hard enough to be granted one (Heero and Relena children would have also been epic win)

I also don't care for the back stories (from what I have read so far) and how everyone is related to one another (as well as the incest parts) Quite frankly, I hate being spoon fed all the plot points and reasons for everything. It's not helping to fleshing out the GW canon or it's characters if it completely contradicts what you already knew about them (not to mention that some of the new characters feel one dimensional and seem to only be around for explanation purposes). It's insulting that the creators feel were too stupid to come up with our own theories and ideas (but then again this whole novel feels insulting). Not knowing everything was part of the fun and mystery of the characters and I wish Sumisawa would have left it that way.

But what bothers me more then this novel is this..

- He's writing this series as an experiment while thinking of things such as how to revive "something that has already fully concluded once", and "why sequels are so hard to get right". So this isn't really a true sequel, but a transitional novel to help develop a successful sequel.

As of right now, this novel can't be considered canon because it's just an "experiment". However, the fact that he want's to use this train wreck as the foundation for an actual canon sequel angers me to no end. Because of this, I'm sincerely hoping this ends up as an unsuccessful failure so that nothing else will be created in it's likeness.

The whole thing makes me ill considering I've been a huge fan of this show ever since the very first trailers of GW came out on Tonami.

Switching gears. I passed by a lot of Seed bashing on my way to the last page. I agree that Seed was utter shit but for some reason I really liked Lacus Clyne. (The Lacus from SEED and Not Destiny) I'm well aware that she's a Mary Sue but I think I've narrowed down what it is about her that resonates with me so well. First of all I love her character design. That thick pink hair held up by her brad was just damn gorgeous. Her outfits were also pretty neet too. But more then that, I really admired how she was there for Kira when no one else was. Flay Allster was just manipulating him with her slutty ways and everyone else on the ship just wanted him to keep fighting without regard for his state of mind or well being. I appreciated how Lacus saw all of that and was just there for him without being forceful about it. As lame and cheesy as it sounds it warmed me up to her quite a lot. I was also grateful to see a bitch like Flay get what she deserved in the end. I mean, even calling her a bitch is an understatement.

As for Gundam 00, I usually don't ship parings that don't look like they have a chance in hell but I was really rooting for Setsuna x Feldt regardless of the logic behind it. However, from what I heard of the movie, it sounds like it ended as Setsuna x Useless Princess or Setsuna x Gundam. Meh.. Oh well, I guess that's just the way things go.

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2010-12-20 at 10:44.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 10:57   Link #1358
wingzerosnuggles

Um okaaaay...I'm just going to chill and enjoy the trainwreck. n_n

Relena being young, alive and potentially evil has a lot of potential, imo. Kinda stupid potential but it's going to be fun to watch play out. Also, pretty drawings. x3

At this point, I don't think anybody's taking the novel seriously anymore. Better to just focus on what little is good and enjoy it. It's not a "gift." More like putting on a nose clip and sifting through a manure pile for some gold. But hey, gold is gold.

*critical analogy failure*

Besides, this is the series that brought us "distract an OZ soldier with cabbage" and took it seriously. Should we really expect any better? xD

And lol, Kit mentioned to me the tear wipe thing on Chapter 3 or EW: GotD and how they freeze framed it on Heero's finger.

Frozen Teardrop. xD

We c wat u did thurr, Sumisawa.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:19   Link #1359
LadyRelena

Quote:
Um okaaaay...I'm just going to chill and enjoy the trainwreck. n_n

Relena being young, alive and potentially evil has a lot of potential, imo. Kinda stupid potential but it's going to be fun to watch play out. Also, pretty drawings. x3
Maybe in an Alternate Universe sort of way. (Which, at this point, I'm hoping it becomes)

Quote:
At this point, I don't think anybody's taking the novel seriously anymore. Better to just focus on what little is good and enjoy it. It's not a "gift." More like putting on a nose clip and sifting through a manure pile for some gold. But hey, gold is gold.
Meh.. the only gold I can fathom here is the pictures. Her Heero and Relena artwork never gets boring.

On a side note, Yaoi fans everywhere are probably gloating at how they knew Relena was a hypocrite and a bitch all along in light of her being evil now. I know you guys avoid this kind of topic like the plague but it doesn't change that that's just how the GW fandom works. *Sigh* it's quite depressing.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:28   Link #1360
wingzerosnuggles

She was brainwashed so in no way is she evil by her own will. That kind of reasoning won't hold water. And I highly doubt it's "gloatable" that Duo and Heero now have thirty years between them. Also, the canon ship for Duo is currently 2xGod. You just don't mess with that. I would have preferred Hilde but...dude, can't compete with God.

Unless she was the brat's mom. Cuz I dunno, she was the uterus in closest proximity to him most of the time...

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing