Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-04, 15:34   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Since this apparently takes place in the same world as TLR, and I assume after it too, it'd be nice to see some other cameos in the future.
Mayoi Neko Overrun is not based in the same world as TLR, it's a light novel series that has nothing to do with TLR. Only reason it has a TLR cameo is because the mangaka for Mayoi is the same as TLR's. You will not be seeing any TLR cameo's in the anime of Mayoi Neko, that's for sure.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:49   Link #22
Wyxor

I have a feeling that this manga will have a good plot because imo it has a fairly good start for the viewers.

Hahaks. If you get what I mean. cough ecch cough

Old 2010-01-10, 21:01   Link #23
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxor View Post
I have a feeling that this manga will have a good plot because imo it has a fairly good start for the viewers.

Hahaks. If you get what I mean. cough ecch cough
Well the characters are already more developed then they were though the entirety of To Love, so depending on how well the novel is adapted we might actually get a decent story and Yabuki's art.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:48   Link #24
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Well the characters are already more developed then they were though the entirety of To Love, so depending on how well the novel is adapted we might actually get a decent story and Yabuki's art.
not really TLR had quite a few characters that were quite complex and well developed, Yui, lala, mikan, yami, it's just the large cast really made it hard for any real sustained development since characters wouldn't be visited months at a time. And looking at the lightnovel covers I believe that in the end this will suffer from harem syndrome eventually.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:30   Link #25
Xagzan

Chapter 2 is out

Spoiler:
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 16:26   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Chapter 2 is out

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-22, 16:31   Link #27
MaxMaximilianMaximus

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxMaximilianMaximus
*add this title to my anime watchlist*
MaxMaximilianMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 17:12   Link #28
Xacual

Yeah after the first two chapters, Fumino and Takumi seem the most likely end pairing if there is one. I still like how genre savvy Takumi is though, he understands his tsundere well.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 18:05   Link #29
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah after the first two chapters, Fumino and Takumi seem the most likely end pairing if there is one. I still like how genre savvy Takumi is though, he understands his tsundere well.
Hell he might have even created her. With his "if you are sad, get angry," and all that in the flashback. He gave her a tsundere playbook.
Old 2010-02-22, 18:41   Link #30
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, a love confession already! Also, boobs!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 19:33   Link #31
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, after reading both chapters today I think the fan service is great.

But its got that annoying thing the harem genre usually has. That is, more than one girl that is extremely likable and would make for a good story, but shes at a disadvantage in the story she appears in. In this case its Nozomi. Ofcourse, I like Fumino alot, which is the tough thing.

Anyway, ive always had a thing for the mellow mystery girl over the childhood friend/tsundere.

So I am straying from the popular path here But in all liklihood there wont be a "chosen" girl and we will get the opportunity to see more from all three girls. They did it in TLR and it is NOT a bad thing in these types of manga. However, if it starts adding a new character every week like TLR, im dropping this series like a hot potato. The status quo is good.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 19:34   Link #32
Wrath88
Kissing...

Getting a love confession, but not acting on it... I guess he's waiting for the time when she can actually say what she thinks?
Old 2010-02-22, 19:51   Link #33
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Well, after reading both chapters today I think the fan service is great.

But its got that annoying thing the harem genre usually has. That is, more than one girl that is extremely likable and would make for a good story, but shes at a disadvantage in the story she appears in. In this case its Nozomi. Ofcourse, I like Fumino alot, which is the tough thing.

Anyway, ive always had a thing for the mellow mystery girl over the childhood friend/tsundere.

So I am straying from the popular path here But in all liklihood there wont be a "chosen" girl and we will get the opportunity to see more from all three girls. They did it in TLR and it is NOT a bad thing in these types of manga. However, if it starts adding a new character every week like TLR, im dropping this series like a hot potato. The status quo is good.
\

I don't think it will come to that since unlike TLR which was an original story, this is a light novel adaptation.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-02-22, 22:39   Link #34
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read the 2 chapters .

Yes , already a confession but at least it's clear . They spent so much times together so i don't see the problem

So we can speculate that :

- Fumino = Yui
- Nozomi = Yami but with a gentle side .
- Umenomori = Saki
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 22:54   Link #35
alu546
y prime

Im actually crossing my fingers for a triangle similar to the one in Seto no Hayanome at this point.

That is, he kinda gets both girls, but it feels pretty natural because they are all emotionally attached to one another, and then everyone gets to be happy.

Except Umenomori who has alot of work to do.
Old 2010-02-22, 23:39   Link #36
Xacual

Is it really necesary to do TLR comparisons just because the artist is the same? I keep seeing that on other sites as well.

Old 2010-02-22, 23:46   Link #37
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Is it really necesary to do TLR comparisons just because the artist is the same? I keep seeing that on other sites as well.
Yes. Yes it is :P

(don't forget the cameos)
Old 2010-02-23, 01:02   Link #38
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Im actually crossing my fingers for a triangle similar to the one in Seto no Hayanome at this point.

That is, he kinda gets both girls, but it feels pretty natural because they are all emotionally attached to one another, and then everyone gets to be happy.

Except Umenomori who has alot of work to do.
This. I like all of the characters at this point too much to decide on one. Both Fumiko and Nozomi [and Umenomori too] are adorable.
Yabuki Kentaro does this adaptation justice. All the characters are so cute, and Takumi is still a very likeable character.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 11:44   Link #39
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Again Westlo already said it but you seem to ignore his post - this is not a story by TLR mangaka, the story is original LN one, so despite that TLR ending was a harem one you cannot think that this one will be the same, simply because the story is written by a completely different person, its just that the art and some added details come from TLR (as mangaka is the same).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:17   Link #40
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Again Westlo already said it but you seem to ignore his post - this is not a story by TLR mangaka, the story is original LN one, so despite that TLR ending was a harem one you cannot think that this one will be the same, simply because the story is written by a completely different person, its just that the art and some added details come from TLR (as mangaka is the same).
Quote:
So I am straying from the popular path here But in all liklihood there wont be a "chosen" girl and we will get the opportunity to see more from all three girls. They did it in Nagasarete Airantou and it is NOT a bad thing in these types of manga. However, if it starts adding a new character every week like Nagasarete Airantou , im dropping this series like a hot potato. The status quo is good.
Quote:
So I am straying from the popular path here But in all liklihood there wont be a "chosen" girl and we will get the opportunity to see more from all three girls. They did it in Zero no Tsukaima and it is NOT a bad thing in these types of manga. However, if it starts adding a new character every week like Zero no Tsukaima, im dropping this series like a hot potato. The status quo is good.
Quote:
So I am straying from the popular path here But in all liklihood there wont be a "chosen" girl and we will get the opportunity to see more from all three girls. They did it in Rosario+Vampire and it is NOT a bad thing in these types of manga. However, if it starts adding a new character every week like Rosario+Vampire, im dropping this series like a hot potato. The status quo is good.
But no I totally meant Mayoi Neko Overrun! = TLR, because no other manga besides these two are remotely comparable in this side of the universe.

Tags
romance, shounen