AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-06-04, 21:58   Link #1841
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Valvrave is also made by studio 8? If that's the case, the best bet we can expect to see any thing related to Horizon's season 3 is at the start of next year.
Old 2013-06-05, 20:31   Link #1842
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons. Pretty sure sunrise is trying to do more music contracts. TMR in every OP SONG. Horizon SIII has a problem. A portion of the novel with Mama Nate is pretty R-Rated. They're going to need to find a way to make it safe. I don't think we'll be seeing any Horizon for awhile. At least not until Valvrave dies down.
Old 2013-06-08, 18:27   Link #1843
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons. Pretty sure sunrise is trying to do more music contracts. TMR in every OP SONG. Horizon SIII has a problem. A portion of the novel with Mama Nate is pretty R-Rated. They're going to need to find a way to make it safe. I don't think we'll be seeing any Horizon for awhile. At least not until Valvrave dies down.
Sunrise has tons of studios, I don't think that Studio 8 (the one that did Horizon and Accel World) works in Valvrave at all.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 03:42   Link #1844
Drkz

Regardless sunrise is TRYING pretty hard to sell Valvrave. So... I don't think we'll be seeing horizon news any time soon .
Old 2013-06-11, 19:53   Link #1845
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons.
2 seasons these days means 26ep.

Quote:
Regardless sunrise is TRYING pretty hard to sell Valvrave. So... I don't think we'll be seeing horizon news any time soon .
why would Sunrise trying to sell Valvrave affect production for Horizon if the Studio for Horizon is not involve in valvrave? Sunrise is a big enough company to able to do multiply projects and Horizon is a proven seller.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:28   Link #1846
Drkz

They released a new e/d after barely 4 episodes(?) where even released. If they're spending this money to mass market Valvrave its very unlikely they'll try to make anything else to compete. That what it seems like to me. But I'd be happy if they at least made some type of announcement for Horizon.... Too many studios have gone, "Hey look" preview for a potential next season, but nothing ever happens.
Old 2013-06-17, 23:48   Link #1847
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Did you watch Valvrave's 10th episode? I think we don't need to worry about R-Rated part anymore .
Old 2013-06-19, 21:02   Link #1848
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did you watch Valvrave's 10th episode? I think we don't need to worry about R-Rated part anymore .
Its basically the same scene in gundam. Didn't really show much . What i'm talking about is some vivid stuff... thats pretty hard to compress in a few panels.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:27   Link #1849
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

damn it, vvv is interfering with my desire to see a s3 of horizon? I liked horizon a lot, but in the meantime vvv is nice to watch so i don't have any complaints.

they should definitely make a s3 of horizon though, preferably immediately after valvrave
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 02:00   Link #1850
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
damn it, vvv is interfering with my desire to see a s3 of horizon? I liked horizon a lot, but in the meantime vvv is nice to watch so i don't have any complaints.

they should definitely make a s3 of horizon though, preferably immediately after valvrave
What I'm speculating is. If they're making it, they're probably planning it the same time with S4. Its like how at the end of S1 we immediately saw the announcement for S2? It'd slightly make more sense that way since BOOK 3 and BOOK 4 complete one volume. Plus Horizon you need a billion VAS and they usually have other jobs too .
Old 2013-06-27, 06:21   Link #1851
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Its like how at the end of S1 we immediately saw the announcement for S2?
The reason for that announcement was because both seasons were already planned. Just that no one knew if S2 was going to be 1 cour or 2 cour iirc. Valvrave is of course planned the same way too.
Quote:
If they're making it, they're probably planning it the same time with S4
Now that's assuming if S3/S4 is split cour to cover only the contents of vol 3. Would really rather have S3 focus primarily on vol 3 content as a 2 cour season. 24 or 26 eps. Hopefully sponsors for Horizon give an appropriate budget for S3 project.

Anyway I thought a different sub studio was in charge of VVV? (not up to date on all VVV related stuff) Otherwise, we have no idea what else studio 8 is doing until spring next year which is Long Live S2.
If they were planning for something in fall, I'm sure they'd be promoting the show already...

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2013-06-27 at 07:15.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 20:07   Link #1852
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
The reason for that announcement was because both seasons were already planned. Just that no one knew if S2 was going to be 1 cour or 2 cour iirc. Valvrave is of course planned the same way too.
Now that's assuming if S3/S4 is split cour to cover only the contents of vol 3. Would really rather have S3 focus primarily on vol 3 content as a 2 cour season. 24 or 26 eps. Hopefully sponsors for Horizon give an appropriate budget for S3 project.

Anyway I thought a different sub studio was in charge of VVV? (not up to date on all VVV related stuff) Otherwise, we have no idea what else studio 8 is doing until spring next year which is Long Live S2.
If they were planning for something in fall, I'm sure they'd be promoting the show already...
You remember Gundam Age? You probably don't. Neither would I. That was probably the worse series to date. It was so bad that GUNDAM SEED REMASTERED sold like a billion more copies. Sunrise doesn't want competition from themelves, its pretty much what I'm speculating. Valvrave is a new IP. Even if majority of the foil is from GS. Honestly I don't know. It can probably get a Index S3 like status. Someone should twitter spam Kawakami until he answers.
Old 2013-07-08, 23:24   Link #1853
Acadia

Did Horizon BD's/DVD's sell well enough to warrant a 3rd season? Usually Sunrise doesn't dick around it's users teasing of another season. Or at least I don't think they have done that in the past.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:28   Link #1854
Westlo
Lets be reality

Valverave is not a Studio 8 production, the only Studio 8 confirmed work atm is Love Live 2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:29   Link #1855
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Did Horizon BD's/DVD's sell well enough to warrant a 3rd season? Usually Sunrise doesn't dick around it's users teasing of another season. Or at least I don't think they have done that in the past.
http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E5%A...82%BE%E3%83%B3
Old 2013-07-10, 03:39   Link #1856
Acadia

Well I certainly have no issue with those numbers. So what's the holdup then? Love Live & that f***ing "Valvrave" crap. Haha. *sigh* This better not end up like what happened with FMP. Seriously begging for a decent anime conclusion to that show.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 03:41   Link #1857
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Well I certainly have no issue with those numbers. So what's the holdup then? Love Live & that f***ing "Valvrave" crap. Haha. *sigh* This better not end up like what happened with FMP. Seriously begging for a decent anime conclusion to that show.
Has nothing to do with valvrave... Which is done by an entirely different studio and funded by a different company

Horizon = Studio 8

Studio 8 = Horizon, Love Live, Accel World

Valvrave = Studio 11

Studio 11 = Valvrave, Natsuiro, Aikatsu

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-07-10 at 07:40.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 05:06   Link #1858
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I'm guessing that Sunrise doesn't wholly own Horizon since it's not their original work, so maybe they're renegotiating with the original license holder to get a larger slice of the profit?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 06:09   Link #1859
AP24

Season 1 adapted the first arc (vol 1A & 1B) which is approximately 1,300 pages total long.
Season 2 adapted the second arc (vol 2A & 2B) which is approximately 2,000 pages total long.

The third arc (Vol 3A-3C) is approximately 2,500 pages total, so if there's gonna be a third season it's unlikely it will be a 1-cour series like the first and second season. The third arc is twice as long as the first arc so the third season will need to be a 2-cour series.

If there's gonna be a fourth season it will need to be a 2-cour series too since the fourth arc (Vol 4A-4C) is as long as the third arc. The fifth season will only need to be a 1-cour series since the fifth arc (Vol 5A & 5B) is approximately 1,700 pages total which is a little shorter than the second arc.

The first and second season each sold over 20,000 BD/DVD per volume. It would be stupid for them not to produce another season since the first 2 seasons generated a lot more than enough funding to produce even a 2-cour series.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:05   Link #1860
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Season 1 adapted the first arc (vol 1A & 1B) which is approximately 1,300 pages total long.
Season 2 adapted the second arc (vol 2A & 2B) which is approximately 2,000 pages total long.

The third arc (Vol 3A-3C) is approximately 2,500 pages total, so if there's gonna be a third season it's unlikely it will be a 1-cour series like the first and second season. The third arc is twice as long as the first arc so the third season will need to be a 2-cour series.

If there's gonna be a fourth season it will need to be a 2-cour series too since the fourth arc (Vol 4A-4C) is as long as the third arc. The fifth season will only need to be a 1-cour series since the fifth arc (Vol 5A & 5B) is approximately 1,700 pages total which is a little shorter than the second arc.

The first and second season each sold over 20,000 BD/DVD per volume. It would be stupid for them not to produce another season since the first 2 seasons generated a lot more than enough funding to produce even a 2-cour series.
Two-Course won't happen. Unless they split it between two different seasons. Regardless of how much funding they get. A consecutive season jeopardizes the fluid animation. S1 and S2 had fluid animation. It didn't go too high or go too low. Its the bar that was set. Sunrise needs to either improve it or let be the same. If Horizon takes a dip, sunrise will get flamed to hell by fans. Whether or not they make it is up in the air. People pretty much said Index S3 was going to come out and that still didn't happen. And we all know how popular Index is in Japan. Basically have to stalk kawakami on twitter until he says something.

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise