AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 15:55   Link #2101
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I find it hard to think that Lutecia will lose, considering that she is true survivor and has a tonne more combat experience than any of the combatants. She could've fought toe-to-toe with any of the Riot Force 6 members if she wants to.

Plus her magical power is estimated to be what, S ranked since the JS Incident? Like wtf, that's even more powerful than Nanoha when they were the same age?
Old 2012-07-01, 16:51   Link #2102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, even with Lutecia's skill I get the feeling she'll lose when she goes up against the Witch character to showcase what being a Witch entails, power-wise.
Old 2012-07-01, 17:25   Link #2103
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Why? She hasn't even done anything yet other than that.
I like her. She's one of the few people in the Nanoha series to see the upsides of armor.

And it showed. Barely a few points of damage in the entire fight.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:43   Link #2104
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I also like Victoria, she's an amazing fighter and i absolutely adore her Royal Knight motif. She's also a Mighty Glacier done right ..i mean, like very right xD! She showcases the values of timing, reflexes and power to be a proper tank on the battlefield ...without losing the gracefulness (unlike certain Belkan Knight with improper new equipement from that other manga xDU).

If she ever loses i think it only be after an awesome fight where she manage to pull some more of her regal awesomeness. Maybe against Sieglinde or Harii?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 18:13   Link #2105
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, even with Lutecia's skill I get the feeling she'll lose when she goes up against the Witch character to showcase what being a Witch entails, power-wise.
That's a rather simplistic way of looking at it.

Lutecia could get stomped around for the first few minutes by the Witch, to depict a struggle in battling with a relatively unknown magical class, before turning the tables and stomping the Witch with overwhelming force, tons of beam spam, and jamming her abilities. Or by Zerg Swarming her opponent with summons from every direction, accompanied with covering Beam Spam.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 10:16   Link #2106
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Mhhh... now that you've touched the issue. I wonder how are the tournament rules about summons. Can Lutecia summon monster freely? She must start the match with zero summons? There must be a minimum set time-span between each summon? she only have a limited number of summons per match? Or she can't use any summons at all o.o?

Well, no need to answer directly, i know there's no cannon info about this yet so we must need to wait till the fight happens xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-02, 12:05   Link #2107
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Same as golems, I recall. Can't start with them, but can summon them when the fight has started.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:02   Link #2108
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^ Mhhh... now that you've touched the issue. I wonder how are the tournament rules about summons. Can Lutecia summon monster freely? She must start the match with zero summons? There must be a minimum set time-span between each summon? she only have a limited number of summons per match? Or she can't use any summons at all o.o?

Well, no need to answer directly, i know there's no cannon info about this yet so we must need to wait till the fight happens xD
I guess it depends on how fast Lutecia is as a summoner. But the thing is, Lutecia is the closest thing you'd get to throwing a battle-hardened warrior in Vivid, I'd imagine, so... well Lutecia getting defeated might elicit a similar reaction to Cypha beating Signum in Force....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:29   Link #2109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Please don't say that. ._. One Aki is enough.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:37   Link #2110
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'll just stop here to say i'm a big fan of Lulu as well xD!

Ok, ok, jokes aside, i won't react the same way because i already spent most of my energies on the Signum fiasco. Also Lutecia is still a young girl, she's strong but she's still unexperienced in several things and have still a long path to walk, so this defeat will only help her in her growth. Unlike what happenned to a seasoned veteran like Signum xDU

In fact i'm veary excited about this battle because we'll see the skills of Lutecia for the first time since StrikerS and as implied by her on past chapters, she's now more of an offensive mage than before. Coupled with her new genki personality i expect a very flashy and showy fightstyle from her part. I'm waiting to see her ascencion to "Princess of the Battlefield" xD

A glamurous fighter will be a breeze of fresh air to this cast saturated of hot blooded shonen girls xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-07-09, 22:01   Link #2111
Random Wanderer

Since translations are still stalled out at chapter 26, I might as well just ask: has Sieglinde fought anyone onscreen yet? I keep waiting to find out what she can do, but it seems folks are determined to keep her powers cloaked in legend. Between that and the glacial translation rate, it'll probably be something like 10 years before I ever see her fight anyone.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 01:39   Link #2112
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, she hasn't.
Old 2012-07-10, 01:46   Link #2113
Random Wanderer

Sigh. Well, thanks anyway. Time for me to disappear from this subforum for the next few months again...

EDIT: So, after reading over the last few months worth of comments, all we're waiting for is for Einhart to lose to Sieg, and then the manga will be over? The tournament will likely lose much of its appeal once all the main characters are out of it, and I can't imagine they'll be much left to do in the manga once its done with the tournament.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-07-10 at 16:55.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:32   Link #2114
marconii2002

Chapter 27 translation is out
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:10   Link #2115
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Heh, Tio playing with ball that has a jingle bell inside of it. My cat has a few of the same. I noticed the other cat toys on the bed, too.

Anyway, good explanation of the "crash" system. Decent fight between Harri and Els, although I would have liked to see more of what a barrier mage could actually do.

Oh, and someone should let the translators know that Lio's name is actually Rio, according to the official sources. I've noticed it spelled Lio for the last few chapters. Other than that minor typo, though, the rest of the translation is excellent!

Looking forward to the Corona/Einhart match, despite knowing how it turns out, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 22:34   Link #2116
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
They've always spelled it Lio and are probably continuing to do so for consistency purposes.
Old 2012-07-18, 22:47   Link #2117
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As much as naming consistency matters in Nanoha.
Old 2012-07-18, 23:05   Link #2118
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wonder if Corona can make herself as hard as a golem (bless herself with the golem spirit to give her the defense and power of a golem without the speed drawback XD)
Old 2012-07-18, 23:18   Link #2119
Justin_Brett

I think she did exactly that in the fight, which was pretty neat.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:22   Link #2120
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering Corona withstand and actually countered punches from Einhart "Cyborg Killer" Stratos i think it's safe to acknowledge Corona's ability to become as hard as a golem xD

~The ASFB~

Tags
vivid