AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 61 37.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-27, 08:28   Link #161
willem113
I wanna go peeping ^^

Send a message via MSN to willem113
This was perfect.

Rena was totaly insane witch i liked very much.
and then Keechi calmes her down at the end.
making one of the beter endings i have seen in a while.

But it also left an opening for a second season of Higurashi.

i loved the whole serie and only reveiling some things at the end letting speculate most of the other things.

Last edited by willem113; 2006-11-27 at 10:22.
Old 2006-11-28, 19:46   Link #162
David Johnston

Frankly, looking at some of the other fansubs I've been sampling over the past couple of months, I think there are some pretty bloated expectations of animation quality when people denounce the Higurashi anime for being so terrible. When I see things like Assaulting Angel, Happy Seven or Mahou Something Arusu, it seems clear to me that it could in fact have been worse.
Old 2006-11-28, 23:20   Link #163
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston View Post
Frankly, looking at some of the other fansubs I've been sampling over the past couple of months, I think there are some pretty bloated expectations of animation quality when people denounce the Higurashi anime for being so terrible. When I see things like Assaulting Angel, Happy Seven or Mahou Something Arusu, it seems clear to me that it could in fact have been worse.
Seconded. Animation is second to story and character development, anyway. Except for a couple scenes in Meakashi-hen and that one at the end of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, I didn't think the animation was lacking at all, but stayed pretty true to the game, which also had a fairly simplistic art style.
Old 2006-12-26, 13:23   Link #164
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I can also second what's been said about the animation; in fact, I quite liked it.

But Episode 26...it was more like meh...
It didn't feel like the rest of the series at all, every bit of the gloomy mood was gone (well, apart from Rena's sickening grin). And, as everything started to repeat all over again anyway, there was no need for the totally unconvincing happy ending of that arc. It seemed like they just had to end the series (or at least the season) with that episode without having any idea how to do that; and that's exactly how it turned out. Everything ended in a rush...Rena was persuaded so easily, it was just ridiculous. To me it was a very disappointing ending for what until then was a great series.

But since it's not the actual ending of the story and season 2 is planned there is still hope.
Old 2007-06-11, 01:30   Link #165
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
*bump* (just finished it)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-11, 02:09   Link #166
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusebioKun View Post
*bump* (just finished it)
Spoiler:
Not really spoilers in the final episode thread...

1. Satoko untied them?

2. Yeah...

3. It has a bit to do with the overall mystery, actually. Remember K1's sudden recollection of Onikakushi? Similar.

4. No, they couldn't. They had no way of knowing if Rena had another method of activating the explosives. They'd be raising the risk of the explosion and needlessly endangering themselves and the children further.

5. Law of Hollywood Earshot: characters can only hear and will always hear speech intended for their ears. Otherwise, they are Helen Keller impersonators.

6. They were outdoors, where the fumes quickly dissipated.

Other stuff:
Lack of realism? In a show about homicidal lolis, government conspiracies, a world that resets like an eroge after a bad end, and a Shinto deity that may or may not exist, you're worried about the fact that a kid who was busy on a telephone couldn't hear seeds of treachery being sown ten feet away?
Fortunately, there is only one Rena. Otherwise they may team up and take all the cute things in the world home with them, leaving us with nothing.
Watch the whole arc again for more on the parasites. It's there, but I guess you missed it. Also, read the TIPS.
Is Oyashiro-sama real? There's another season on the way which will explain this and the reset conditions, so I'm told.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:22   Link #167
EusebioKun
OMG I go to college!

Send a message via AIM to EusebioKun
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Not really spoilers in the final episode thread...

1. Satoko untied them?

2. Yeah...

3. It has a bit to do with the overall mystery, actually. Remember K1's sudden recollection of Onikakushi? Similar.

4. No, they couldn't. They had no way of knowing if Rena had another method of activating the explosives. They'd be raising the risk of the explosion and needlessly endangering themselves and the children further.

5. Law of Hollywood Earshot: characters can only hear and will always hear speech intended for their ears. Otherwise, they are Helen Keller impersonators.

6. They were outdoors, where the fumes quickly dissipated.

Other stuff:
Lack of realism? In a show about homicidal lolis, government conspiracies, a world that resets like an eroge after a bad end, and a Shinto deity that may or may not exist, you're worried about the fact that a kid who was busy on a telephone couldn't hear seeds of treachery being sown ten feet away?
Fortunately, there is only one Rena. Otherwise they may team up and take all the cute things in the world home with them, leaving us with nothing.
Watch the whole arc again for more on the parasites. It's there, but I guess you missed it. Also, read the TIPS.
Is Oyashiro-sama real? There's another season on the way which will explain this and the reset conditions, so I'm told.

Thanks for the post back, good stuff.
Old 2007-06-11, 17:36   Link #168
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow remind me never to watch this entire series pretty much without break. A lot of stuff to try and deal with all at once. Glad a second season is coming since I really want a more conclusive finish to things. I mean with every single result being bad or depressing you've got to hope something can go better.

Really feels bad for the characters in these things. Finding out what really happened in the first arc is just sad no matter how you look at it. Instead of any kind of conspiracy it was just one guy going insane. I don't know how Rika does it continually going through these different scenarios always looking for a way out. Would have to be incredibly hard to keep focused and trying.

The end was nice up till the point where we find out that it didn't matter. Well maybe it mattered in that it gave Rika a renewed hope to keep on fighting. If I was Rika personally after they won the day. I'd hide myself in a room, grab a shot gun and wait until after I'm supposed to be dead.

Bring on season 2 though. Here's hoping they find there way out of this never ending tragic fate.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-06-05 at 22:58.
Old 2007-07-27, 06:50   Link #169
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

FINALLY reached episode 26 and what a great ending to end all those murders.
So in the end, it didn't really matter...all they just had to do was to just say sorry and realize that whatever they were planning to do would eventually be their downfall.
Although this chapter was a main focus on Rena, it didn't actually answer the events that happened in the first chapter of the series.
And this chapter had that "resident evil" factor about a virus and going berserk and stuff.
one thing though, they didn't really find out who murdered Tomitake-san and Takano-san...they just assumed it was the Sonozaki family....weird.
I was really hoping for Keiichi to somewhat kiss Rena, but a hug was satisfied me enough
All in all, great way to end the first season.
The second season is already in full swing, I wonder what new events will take place that will clear up something left unanswered in this first season.

And BTW, Rika-chan's last comment in this episode..."endless June"...it seems like all those killings in the previous chapters did all happen, but I think it was just a test to see if those people that were involve in the killings, would realize their sins and thus be able to stop the murderous intent that they had going on.

Oh wells, on to "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai"....

9/10
Old 2010-04-04, 23:17   Link #170
OkamiNoKaze

No one seemed to mention this, but at the beginning of the episode, the kids were complaining about a strange smell, I hope I wasn't the only one to think it was the swamp gas. I also figured out as soon as Ooishi called Rika out that it was another loop, that and Mion didn't have a scar, now that I think back.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:43   Link #171
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Re: scratch and sniff:
Old 2010-04-08, 21:51   Link #172
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Spoiler for Re: scratch and sniff:
That being said, Satoko's flashback about the ball seems to have come out of nowhere.

Overall, this episode was pretty underwhelming considering what came before but it still had its moments with the Rika blockade and emotions during the roof scene. It could have been cooler still, given the importance of that fight to the series.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-03, 14:24   Link #173
Draugur

I had a strange experience yesterday. I have been studying and enjoying Higurashi in its various adaptations for several months now. Before this time, I watched the first anime season only once, I think it was in 2010 when it had been released by Funimation as a complete set. I knew neither the Kai Season nor the Novel or the Manga.

But yesterday - as I said, after months of thinking about Higurashi - I suddenly remembered a strange feeling I had in 2010, when I first watched the first season and knew nothing about the rest. I was really fascinated by the wonderful, heartbreaking last episode, but totally unsure if it was a happy ending or not. This exciting feeling of uncertainty was only possible because I didn't know anything about what would be revealed in the Kai season. That feeling returned to me yesterday, almost like a memory of another world, at least it's nice to describe it like that to myself ...
Old 2012-11-04, 08:20   Link #174
battle22

Quote:
I had a strange experience yesterday. I have been studying and enjoying Higurashi in its various adaptations for several months now. Before this time, I watched the first anime season only once, I think it was in 2010 when it had been released by Funimation as a complete set. I knew neither the Kai Season nor the Novel or the Manga.

But yesterday - as I said, after months of thinking about Higurashi - I suddenly remembered a strange feeling I had in 2010, when I first watched the first season and knew nothing about the rest. I was really fascinated by the wonderful, heartbreaking last episode, but totally unsure if it was a happy ending or not. This exciting feeling of uncertainty was only possible because I didn't know anything about what would be revealed in the Kai season. That feeling returned to me yesterday, almost like a memory of another world, at least it's nice to describe it like that to myself ...
*cackle*, Intresting . I remember that feeling very well too, It was amazing on 2nd November 3 years ago, I discovered Higurashi because I missed out the party of my cousins birthday (I stayed in home), and in This years 2nd November, I was watching Saikoroshi-hen , My mother called me and asked me if I wanted to go to the party and I said no, Then I remembered that I discovered HIgurashi 3 years ago on her birthday lol, But I had to be watching Higurashi when she called, It was creppy and weird
Old 2012-11-06, 00:04   Link #175
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
My mother called me and asked me if I wanted to go to the party and I said no, Then I remembered that I discovered HIgurashi 3 years ago on her birthday lol, But I had to be watching Higurashi when she called, It was creppy and weird
But did you talk to her in a slightly creepy way on an 80's-style rotary phone?

Personally, I've had the HD version of Kira 04 sitting on my hard drive since it was first released, but I just don't have the heart to watch it. I guess my fear is that the wonderful time in my life when I discovered Higurashi would finally come to an end.
Old 2012-11-06, 01:58   Link #176
~Pyro~
Dimension Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Personally, I've had the HD version of Kira 04 sitting on my hard drive since it was first released, but I just don't have the heart to watch it. I guess my fear is that the wonderful time in my life when I discovered Higurashi would finally come to an end.
I understand what you mean. I have the file right on my desktop, but I still have yet to watch it myself...

"Men make gods. The mind of Man is so powerful that it can make "real" anything it desperately needs to be real"
~Bowgentle, The Quest for Tanelorn, Michael Moorcock
Closed Thread