AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-18, 15:45   Link #161
Witched

If by chance, it was actually Gretchen that Oriko saw then...
There wouldn't be an exact point of getting Yuma, since Gretchen > All.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 19:43   Link #162
sa547
*Author

Damn, it sold like pancakes.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-land-in-top-5
Old 2011-05-18, 20:43   Link #163
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

OAV adaptation imminent. So staff who?
Old 2011-05-18, 21:11   Link #164
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Glad to see both Oriko and Kazumi in the top 5. MadoMagi surely is making its mark on anime/manga history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
OAV adaptation imminent. So staff who?

Since the story of Oriko is written from a draft by Magica Quartet, I imagine they would bring in the same staff. The only question I have is what kind of artstyle would they use in the adaptation? Will they use Mura's designs or go back to Ume-sensei's designs?
Old 2011-05-18, 21:14   Link #165
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

or a whole different design... Imagines a dark backdrop with Noizi Ito's designs

I'm liking the whole ambiance of Oriko, but I don't like Oriko herself. Maybe it's just bias for the main cast of the anime.
Old 2011-05-18, 22:23   Link #166
orangejuicetang

So, if Mami was alone, she would have defeated Charlotte?

I found that sort of interesting.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 22:27   Link #167
Witched

Well, Mami wouldn't have disturbances, after all.. :P

Spoiler for I'm still thinking she's WN.:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 23:02   Link #168
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Lots of stuff happening in this chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Really enjoyed volume 1. Now we just have to wait till June 13 for the final volume.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-05-18 at 23:36.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 23:22   Link #169
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Lots of stuff happening in this chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Really enjoyed volume 1. Now we just have to wait till June 13 for the final volume.
- so basically Kirika and Oriko are the the canon evil lesbian couple...

- Oriko and her father has some kind of grand plan and is using Kriika

- and Kyouko is acting as Yuma guardian

My god this is just to awesome to be only 2 volumes...
Old 2011-05-18, 23:28   Link #170
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ I forgot to add that at the end of the chapter, it is implied Oriko's father is already dead. But yea you got the jist of it I really wonder how this is all gonna end...I suspect many deaths...and Homura time-looping again
Old 2011-05-19, 02:26   Link #171
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

my quess its thatthis happens before timeline 4, since we already know that kyubee cant actually see a MG potential, maybe oriko is the one that refers kyubee to madoka in the last timelines?.
i also agree that yumas design its really similar to WN, but that can be trolling from the author.
Old 2011-05-19, 03:51   Link #172
Shadow5YA

At the end of the volume/ch3, there seems to be a design of the magical girl corresponding to the witches that appeared, which is a nice touch.

Also, I'm guess Mami survived because Madoka didn't give her the friendship speech to make her overconfident. There was a panel showing that Mami was caught off-guard still.

I'm guessing Oriko's plan is to eradicate all magical girls in order to prevent any new Witches from being born. However, that doesn't explain why she's being selective about it.

By the way, is this series completed in just two volumes, or is it just that there are only two volumes out right now?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-05-19 at 05:46.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 07:42   Link #173
MartianMage

Oh man if Mami dies on the next chapter I'm gonna be really sad. Give the poor girl a break man. Sure this is Magica series we're talking about so casualties is a given but at least make her last longer in the story!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:03   Link #174
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Oh man if Mami dies on the next chapter I'm gonna be really sad.
the fuhrer would get extremely pissed! i now understand why he developed v-2 rockets as "vengeance weapons".

i hope mami would not die, well at least not in this story line. it's only two volumes, how shorter can she last!

however, i feel tragedy between yuma and kyouko already. they do have a strong bond. and if this spin-off is somehow connected to the original, yuma missing in madoka magica might spell....

and i remember kyouko's speech to homu before her final attack about just continue protecting someone you like. i think it's not exactly what she learned from homu, but she might be speaking from her experience herself. and that experience is in this oriko magica.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 08:12   Link #175
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Oh man if Mami dies on the next chapter I'm gonna be really sad. Give the poor girl a break man. Sure this is Magica series we're talking about so casualties is a given but at least make her last longer in the story!
As much as I want Mami, Kyouko, and Yuma to live, I'm almost certain things aren't going to end well for our girls solely because its pretty much confirmed Oriko takes place in a past timeline
Old 2011-05-19, 08:24   Link #176
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
As much as I want Mami, Kyouko, and Yuma to live, I'm almost certain things aren't going to end well for our girls solely because its pretty much confirmed Oriko takes place in a past timeline
I dunno... I mean I wouldn't be so quick to try to tie Oriko as another "timeline" Homura made from the main series.

IMO asides from the characters from the main series... the direction of Oriko doesn't feel like it's a part of the main series... well this is a spin off afterall.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-05-19, 09:09   Link #177
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
I dunno... I mean I wouldn't be so quick to try to tie Oriko as another "timeline" Homura made from the main series.

IMO asides from the characters from the main series... the direction of Oriko doesn't feel like it's a part of the main series... well this is a spin off afterall.
It's true that the direction of Oriko is a bit different from the main series, but since the story is written from a draft by Magica Quartet, I feel that its most likely this spin-off is connected to the main series. It also doesn't help that the synopsis for volume 2 says that Oriko is the story of a "passed timeline," hinting that there's a direct connection.

And also, if Oriko isn't a timeline Homura made, then what is it? A timeline that never existed in the first place? IMO, it wouldn't make sense if Oriko isn't connected to the main series at all.

Whats the point of the story then? Wouldn't that make it more like a fanfiction instead of a side-story related to the series?

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-05-19 at 09:36.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 09:29   Link #178
Kazu-kun

Quote:

Mmm, the official site says Oriko is comprised of fights and moments we didn't see in the anime, but it's part of the same story (unlike Kazumi, which is truly stated as spin-off).

If I understand that correctly, it means Oriko is a side-story, not a spin-off. So it's pretty certain it's one of Homura's time loops.
Old 2011-05-19, 09:59   Link #179
MartianMage

Ah so it's mentioned in the synopsis. Well I guess it's another timeline tied to the main series then.

However regarding this:
Quote:
And also, if Oriko isn't a timeline Homura made, then what is it? A timeline that never existed in the first place? IMO, it wouldn't make sense if Oriko isn't connected to the main series at all.

Whats the point of the story then? Wouldn't that make it more like a fanfiction instead of a side-story related to the series?
Well that's exactly what a spin off is. It's not like you can tie all the spin offs of code geass to the main series.
Old 2011-05-19, 10:12   Link #180
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Well that's exactly what a spin off is. It's not like you can tie all the spin offs of code geass to the main series.
Ah I see your point. Then I guess the only problem was that Oriko shouldn't have been labeled as a spin-off in a first place, but as a sidestory.