AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 00:05   Link #1881
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Only problem is, well two problems actually.

1.) What would she be doing there, seeing as she has no way to know about the ritual?

2.) How did she leave a note in Nagi's bedroom, as she has no access?
1.The meeting doesn't have to be about the ritual. Nagi is living on a small island,
and in small towns EVERYBODY knows your business. (It could be the local priest!)

2. The problem of access to Nagi's bedroom opens several cans of worms.
a. Small town folk don't lock their doors, same with the islanders. ANYone could leave that note. Who would you like him to meet at 5 AM?
b. If we limit it to the folks who would be able to access the house, that puts us back to the circle of girls plus teacher (and Mike) AND Obaa.
c. Then we must supply a motive for a meeting, and that's tied to the who he meets. Stinky Logic makes interesting stories.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 16:40   Link #1882
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 106:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 17:41   Link #1883
cedec0

I am beginning to think Umi no Misaki might not have a "happy" end.

Shizuku takes a turn to the dark side in this chapter.

Spoiler for spoiler for chapter 106:

So far there have been no supernatural events in Umi no Misaki, so I am assuming the rising dragon festival is the old "sacrifice some young people to bring prosperity to the village" routine and doesn't serve any actual purpose.

In this world, when someone is planning to make human sacrifices to some obscure god for no real purpose, we call them insane or psychopaths. Shizuku now falls under this catagory.

Now that I think about it, the reason I never warmed up to Shizuku (and Soyogi to a lesser extent) was her fanatical devotion to being a shrine maiden. I didn't like the fact that it was impossible to tell how genuine her feelings for Nagi really were (which is why I was routing for Karin). I never expect that I would be so right about Shizuku (though I was wrong about Soyogi).

On a final note, in the battle for Nagi's affection, if Shizuku is chosen and kills herself/Nagi during the rising dragon festival, does that count as count as her "winning"?

Last edited by cedec0; 2012-11-09 at 18:13. Reason: adding spoiler tag
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 17:58   Link #1884
Awrya
U mad?

The Mobile Suit Gundam dub previews of the next episode fits perfectly,
Spoiler for 106:

Who could have guessed that this romance/harem series could turn out like this when it started?
Old 2012-11-09, 18:38   Link #1885
XFire
150% done

Damn it Shizuku! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayl!
Old 2012-11-09, 20:25   Link #1886
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

It would be nice to see people who don't quickly judge about something before really knowing what is going on.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:03   Link #1887
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
It would be nice to see people who don't quickly judge about something before really knowing what is going on.
Wlecome to the Internet.
Old 2012-11-09, 22:07   Link #1888
cedec0

Quote:
I did wait to judge, but things got very serious in this last chapter:

cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:17   Link #1889
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I read the chapter and I still think you are judging way to fast without really knowing what is going on. Wait a couple of chapters and I'm sure many things will be more clearer. At the momemt whe know only what Soyogi said, that is all.
Old 2012-11-09, 22:20   Link #1890
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
We're speculating about what may happen, with 106 the story went more serious.
Once we really know what is going on, we won't really need to discuss what may happen after 106.
Old 2012-11-09, 22:26   Link #1891
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
We're speculating about what may happen, with 106 the story went more serious.
Once we really know what is going on, we won't really need to discuss what may happen after 106.
cedecs post had not much to do with just spekulation but more with being biased for some reason and judging a character without really knowing what is really going on.

Quote:
In this world, when someone is planning to make human sacrifices to some obscure god for no real purpose, we call them insane or psychopaths. Shizuku now falls under this catagory.

Now that I think about it, the reason I never warmed up to Shizuku (and Soyogi to a lesser extent) was her fanatical devotion to being a shrine maiden. I didn't like the fact that it was impossible to tell how genuine her feelings for Nagi really were (which is why I was routing for Karin). I never expect that I would be so right about Shizuku (though I was wrong about Soyogi).
Old 2012-11-09, 23:42   Link #1892
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Yeah, This is more like it.
This is where the Author turns your brain inside out and hands it back to you.

Mostly because everything you think you know or understand is wrong.
IMHO, I'm wrong almost EVERY TIME!!!!! Anymore I just hang on for dear life, and try to see where the rocket powered roller-coaster is headed.
I love the speculation, and other points of view, so keep em' coming.
Can I get a clarification on why Obaa is not the one Nagi asked for?
SHE REALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS!
Old 2012-11-10, 00:08   Link #1893
XFire
150% done

I'm going to laugh if it ends up being something like "you have to marry the chosen maiden immediately" or something, and the author is just messing with us.
Old 2012-11-10, 01:00   Link #1894
Azure-Priest

Quote:
cedecs post had not much to do with just spekulation but more with being biased for some reason and judging a character without really knowing what is really going on.
And you obviously missed the flashback where Obaa AND all three shrine maidens in training mentioned undertaking a murder+suicide pact with the Dragon God. Can you come up with some other logical conclusion?

@crossguy.

He's going to Shizuku because he saw her intimidate Karin, and Obaa is very good at obfuscation. If he went to Obaa, he'd leave far more confused/angry than before he arrived, plus he'd tip his hand. Shizuku, at least, is "obedient" to the Dragon God.

@cedec0. Absolutely. If she gets to murder+suicide the Dragon God, she will consider herself the "winner." Or at least die happy with her "fate."
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:12   Link #1895
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
And you obviously missed the flashback where Obaa AND all three shrine maidens in training mentioned undertaking a murder+suicide pact with the Dragon God. Can you come up with some other logical conclusion?
A conclusion to what? To just an assumption?
Because at the moment, they are exactly that, just assumptions based on charackter that is suddenly accusing sommone out of nowhere.
Old 2012-11-10, 10:17   Link #1896
XFire
150% done

Quote:
A conclusion to what? To just an assumption?
Because at the moment, they are exactly that, just assumptions based on charackter that is suddenly accusing sommone out of nowhere.
A conclusion to the fact that all three of the shrine maidens said it was a mutual suicide pact.
Old 2012-11-10, 10:24   Link #1897
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Way back in chapter 7 they closed the ferry a week before the Spring Dragon God Festival, so I wouldn't be especially concerned about the ferry shutting down early considering this will be "a very special episode."

What is worrying is that Karin and Soyogi seem genuinely upset about the prospect of what may happen to Nagi. But when Soyogi breaks down it is not directly from any danger but from the possibility of losing him.

The local legends are all about SELF-Sacrifice, not "The Children of the Corn" crucify the stranger to satiate the local demon type. This makes me wonder whether the festival is a test of courage, love of the maidens, and loyalty to Okitsu Island for the Dragon God candidates.

One way or another, the two of them, and probably all four, are going off the cliff.

Last edited by Starshipw; 2012-11-10 at 10:31. Reason: cliff
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:28   Link #1898
blade82

if it was something terribly dangerous for Nagi i think Rin who is a reincarnate maiden will prevent this
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:57   Link #1899
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

So far, the only people on the reincarnation train are Rinne and Nagi....
Do the others have "memories" too? Where's the dang backstory?

Also, contrast Shizuku's drawn and worn looking face in the last page to her smiling in the first chapter. She almost looks middle aged, almost not herself. The stark difference does not look like a good time was had by all.
Old 2012-11-10, 15:09   Link #1900
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Also, contrast Shizuku's drawn and worn looking face in the last page to her smiling in the first chapter. She almost looks middle aged, almost not herself. The stark difference does not look like a good time was had by all.
There is a large, large gap between the art of the first chapter and the one now...just look at Nagi for example!

But yea, I agree that her smile with the shadowed face and the way she looked at him after points out that something serious is going on.

I am still very annoyed at the fact that Nagi has only had sex with Shizuku...sure, I'm biased toward Karin, but it still bugs me.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen