AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 18:16   Link #41
Fjoergyn

I want to add something else, I was surprised L-Elf will share everything, the curse, the hope and the suffering, splitting everything. It is not known which may result from this bond so strong, if you become separated at some point and how it will affect others. I see Haruto L-Elf and conflicted by Shoko, I think this was clear.
Old 2013-10-11, 18:31   Link #42
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I want to add something else, I was surprised L-Elf will share everything, the curse, the hope and the suffering, splitting everything. It is not known which may result from this bond so strong, if you become separated at some point and how it will affect others. I see Haruto L-Elf and conflicted by Shoko, I think this was clear.
We still don't know much about L-Elf's motivation, but it's related to Lisolette. Whatever his true motivation is it's probably pretty damn important to him that he'll agree to the 50/50 deal with Haruto since L-Elf isn't a 50/50 guy lol. But I think that over time protecting Module 77 will be part of it because of Shoko (or maybe this is my shipper talking now lol)
Old 2013-10-11, 19:25   Link #43
Destined_Fate

L-Elf is sharing the burden because Haruto is the closest thing he has to a friend and because he benefits from it as he needs Haruto still. As for Shoko... Due to L-Elf having spent so much time with Shoko and even seeing her at her worst it's only natural that he would be conflicted over her as this too is new feelings for him. Or at the very least, old feelings that he thought he had buried a long time ago after what happened to him.

If it comes to Shoko being in-between them I can see the L-Elf/Haruto bromance getting cracks as L-Elf nor Haruto would share Shoko like she's some object especially if both are still in love with her and would want her fully.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:39   Link #44
NeutralZero

A really interesting ep... since the other units run using a mirror base engine then its more likely that what the professor said to them about needing to supply the rune or else they'll attack someone else to re-supply it apply only to Haruto and not to the others since he has the orinal and they only have a mirror base of it...
Must be also be the reason as to why he runs berserk more often in later episode of season 1 was because the others are leeching off the rune needed from unit 1... and that without unit 1 then the others will not function as well...
If that's the case since Saki's unit is still functioning... does that mean Haruto's still alive or unit 1 in the 200 years after or is she using a different engine similar to the ones Dorsia is currently developing...
Old 2013-10-11, 21:49   Link #45
Destined_Fate

Anyone else betting that Dorssia will break the treaty due to the Valvrave's not being at the Moon anymore? Take out the homebase or capture the Prime Minister would be a very viable strategy. The Asus, or whatever they're called, don't treat the Valvrave pilots with respect and would try to control them if they took them in due to them lacking a home.

At the very least I see infiltration occurring, maybe even A-Drei doing it and abducting Shoko or someone.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:11   Link #46
erika4dsl

^ Did all the valvraves leave for Earth?
Anyways even if only some of the valvraves left that still leaves Module 77 vulnerable.
Shoko is the best hostage not only is she prime minister, but several of the valvrave pilots are her close friends therefore have emotional attachments to her.
I don't think it's going to be peaceful on the moon while L-Elf and the others are gone.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:18   Link #47
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
As far as I know he loses control of his body in that Haruto could body switch anytime he wants. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Well, we know that there is a switching of bodies, but that doesn't seem to be related to the whole rune thing. It seems that the Magius feed on the information in both physical and vague forms through the blood, and through Haruto's connection to Pino, he powers the Valvraves but giving them the runes he's consumed.

However, we don't know yet what the long term effects will be for L-11. He won't yet turn into a Magius since it appears that you need the bite along with that weird alien chant. However, I still have a feeling that Haruto's constant feeding on L-11 will cause some harmful effects.

Also, interestingly, even when nearly starved of rune sustenance, Haruto didn't appear physically like he did with Saki. Even when feeding on L-11 his eyes stay blue and he's not rabid. So what do the condition when his eyes turn red mean?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-11, 22:27   Link #48
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, we know that there is a switching of bodies, but that doesn't seem to be related to the whole rune thing. It seems that the Magius feed on the information in both physical and vague forms through the blood, and through Haruto's connection to Pino, he powers the Valvraves but giving them the runes he's consumed.

However, we don't know yet what the long term effects will be for L-11. He won't yet turn into a Magius since it appears that you need the bite along with that weird alien chant. However, I still have a feeling that Haruto's constant feeding on L-11 will cause some harmful effects.

Also, interestingly, even when nearly starved of rune sustenance, Haruto didn't appear physically like he did with Saki. Even when feeding on L-11 his eyes stay blue and he's not rabid. So what do the condition when his eyes turn red mean?
Maybe looking mate, preserve the species. Haruto behaved like an animal.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:32   Link #49
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Anyone else betting that Dorssia will break the treaty due to the Valvrave's not being at the Moon anymore? Take out the homebase or capture the Prime Minister would be a very viable strategy. The Asus, or whatever they're called, don't treat the Valvrave pilots with respect and would try to control them if they took them in due to them lacking a home.

At the very least I see infiltration occurring, maybe even A-Drei doing it and abducting Shoko or someone.
I too think that Module 77 might be in danger since all of the Valvraves are gone. We know that the ARUS is under the thumb of the Magius, so they really don't have much support or security coming from that way, especially with the ARUS taking over their government and these kids not knowing the first thing about the cutthroat world of politics or government.

Quote:
^ Did all the valvraves leave for Earth?
Anyways even if only some of the valvraves left that still leaves Module 77 vulnerable.
Shoko is the best hostage not only is she prime minister, but several of the valvrave pilots are her close friends.
Yes, all the Valvraves did leave for Earth. Shoko would definitely be the best hostage, or the Magius might just want to deal with her in their own way, either to get rid of her or try to make a puppet out of her. One thing's for sure is that these aliens have been in power for quite some time. I don't think they're going to let one teenage girl disrupt their rule.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-11 at 22:44.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:39   Link #50
erika4dsl

Leaving Module 77 defenseless seems like a huge major mistake that everyone should've seen coming especially L-Elf since he's so calculating even if they're in neutral territory.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:59   Link #51
Irenesharda

Quote:
Leaving Module 77 defenseless seems like a huge major mistake that everyone should've seen coming especially L-Elf since he's so calculating even if they're in neutral territory.
Well, everyone's counting on Dorssia keeping the treaty, because to attack them while in neutral territory would be an all out declaration of official war. And so far the Dorssians, even Cain, doesn't dare attack. However, I don't know how long that will last, and there is the problem of spies as the ARUS said. The ARUS might be controlling but they are right in that the kids are naive and unprepared.

They don't have anyone who knows accounting? How did they expect to uphold their own economy? They were just going to let anyone who claimed to be a misplaced JIORian in their new country? That's stupid. ANYONE can claim they're from JIOR and even have a really sad sob story to go with it. The Dorssians have already proven that they will send spies undercover to take you out, did they really not learn their lesson. Perhaps L-11 should participate more in the government and not just the military aspect, these kids have the potential to undermine even his careful planning.

As to why L-11 doesn't calculate it in. We have two options. He DID calculate it in, but has his own plans that will allow the module to be collateral damage (like he did when Cain invaded last episode), or it could be that because he knows nothing of the Magius and their reach, he is missing vital variables to his calculations and therefore won't be expecting the Dorssians to make such a move.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-11, 23:29   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm honestly a bit disappointed that Kyuma and Satomi can't do accounting.

Kyuma dreams of becoming a rich man (to the point of actually following stock prices) but he doesn't know how to produce financial statements/records?

Satomi is exceptionally good at following manuals (as L-Elf noted in Season 1) and he can come up with intricate resource management policies, but he can't do accounting?
Old 2013-10-11, 23:45   Link #53
Destined_Fate

Anyone else find it funny that only Haruto and Saki are actually famous and their statuswas the only two brought up at the start of the time skip. Everyone else didn't get that treatment.

If they ever become a couple I can see much star power in it that will help public opinion as Haruto is a Hero and Saki is an Idol.

Quote:
They're still too young and L-Elf doesn't know the Magius run ARUS.

Personally if it does get attacked I want Shoko to get captured, to get Haruto and L-Elf worried, and for her to end up meeting the Princess where they eventually talk about L-Elf.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:55   Link #54
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm honestly a bit disappointed that Kyuma and Satomi can't do accounting.

Kyuma dreams of becoming a rich man (to the point of actually following stock prices) but he doesn't know how to produce financial statements/records?

Satomi is exceptionally good at following manuals (as L-Elf noted in Season 1) and he can come up with intricate resource management policies, but he can't do accounting?
You're right, I would expect at least those two to know how to do figures. At least Kyuma.

I can try to give Satomi the excuse that as student council president, he probably had a treasurer that did all the accounting and budgeting work. And perhaps said treasurer and all other accounting students got killed in the latest attack?

Well, at least it's a better excuse than saying that not one of these students from this prodigious school know accounting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 00:02   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Anyone else find it funny that only Haruto and Saki are actually famous and their status was the only two brought up at the start of the time skip. Everyone else didn't get that treatment.
Well, I would assume that Shouko is also famous. As the daughter of the former leader of JIOR, and as the Head of State of Neo-JIOR, I would imagine she's extremely well-known (JIOR territory covers about a third of the entire Earth, IIRC).

But yeah, political leaders notwithstanding, the only Neo-JIOR celebrities are Haruto and Saki. Yes, they would definitely make a massive star power couple for Neo-JIOR if they were to get together. It would be like David and Victoria Beckham, except on steroids.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:09   Link #56
erika4dsl

Quote:
Personally if it does get attacked I want Shoko to get captured, to get Haruto and L-Elf worried, and for her to end up meeting the Princess where they eventually talk about L-Elf.
Oh I agree with you 100%. Please kidnap the prime minister so she can meet Lisolette (whose also probably being held hostage) and L-Elf would realize that he wants to make little genki calculators with Shoko.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:10   Link #57
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

They don't have anyone who knows accounting? How did they expect to uphold their own economy? They were just going to let anyone who claimed to be a misplaced JIORian in their new country? That's stupid. ANYONE can claim they're from JIOR and even have a really sad sob story to go with it. The Dorssians have already proven that they will send spies undercover to take you out, did they really not learn their lesson. Perhaps L-11 should participate more in the government and not just the military aspect, these kids have the potential to undermine even his careful planning.

As to why L-11 doesn't calculate it in. We have two options. He DID calculate it in, but has his own plans that will allow the module to be collateral damage (like he did when Cain invaded last episode), or it could be that because he knows nothing of the Magius and their reach, he is missing vital variables to his calculations and therefore won't be expecting the Dorssians to make such a move.
Their school is a tribal state, and they share resources. Every property is public. Accounting is a form and measurement and resource control. Their temporary country is only few days old. It will take them several fiscal years before their finance reaching the stage of Detroit City. Besdies, accounting play less role in the wartime. Every nation is pouring every resources into the battlefields. They may remember auditing when the waste and fraud are uncovered. Velvrave is not powered by the conventional resources. The Module is its own ecosystem. So, it is not important in the fantasy anime.

L-Elf's calcualtion doesn't count. Every student would expect the unavoidable attack from Dorasia. Dorasia is already in mass production of new weapons. The Module is losing the time. It is critical to powerup their Velvraves. According to an unknown speculation(Episode 16), something will go wrong in a couple weeks. Based on this theory, they are taking the risk for survival. Above all, Haruto's giga laser beam attack took out two of Cain's superiors(along with their fleet). One of the Dorasian officers is a rear admiral. Dorasia military is suffering the heavy casuaty. Before Dorasia reinforces and regroups the army, the neutral zone should be safe for awhile.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-10-12 at 22:31.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:35   Link #58
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Their school is a tribal state, and they share resources. Every property is public. Accounting is a form and measurement and resource control. Their temporary country is only few days old. It will take them several fiscal years before their finance reaching the stage of Detroit City. Besdies, accounting play less role in the wartime. Every nation is pouring every resources into the battlefields. They may remember auditing when the waste and fraud are uncovered. Velvrave is not powered by the conventional resources. The Module is its own ecosystem. So, it is not important in the fantasy anime.

L-Elf's calcualtion doesn't count. Every student would expect the unavoidable attack from Dorasia. Dorasia is already in mass production of new weapons. The Module is losing the time. It is critical to powerup their Velvraves. According to an unknown speculation, something will go wrong in a couple weeks. Based on this theory, they are taking the risk for survival. Above all, Haruto's giga laser beam attack took out two of Cain's superiors(along with their fleet). One of the Dorasian officers is a rear admiral. Dorasia military is suffering the heavy casuaty. Before Dorasia reinforces and regroups the army, the neutral zone should be safe for awhile.

I don't think any of that should excuse them for not having anyone who knows simple accounting. They are showing signs that they will never be an independent nation, and the only people they have to lean on are the ARUS, who are helping them, but we know are corrupt. After that last devastating attack, the Module was practically trashed. There is no way that they didn't get that satellite colony back on its feet without help and supplies.

L-elf's calculations do count. He's the leader of the military force on Neo Jior and therefore sort of it's unofficial secretary of defense. And after the last horrible defeat by Cain, he should be thinking outside the box a bit more. Now, he COULD have, and we just don't know it yet, so we'll have to see.

As for Dorssia's military, it was stated a while ago that not even a third of Dorssia's military was in space at the time, and seeing what a militaristic nation it is, I doubt they will be severely crippled in any way militarily. Even with the loss of all those ships and personnel, Dorssia is fine and will probably just replace them all. Neo Jior is actually the one who has taken the bigger blow. Consider the two in comparison. Dorssia gained a whole new force of grunt soldiers or slave labor by taking over Jior, and this is not counting all the other countries they've annexed already and their own countrymen. They pump out more soldiers and militaristic weaponry than any of the three nations. Neo Jior only has the student population they've started with and the two adults and L-elf. They only have guns, shields, a few battleships, and the Valvraves in defense. At this point they have lost at least of a third of their school population thanks to the constant attacks, biochemical weapons, and simple collateral damage. They aren't getting any new manpower to replace what they've lost because they're unable to grow as a nation. They've probably replaced the guns and shields lost in Cain's attack thanks to help from the ARUS, but those aren't going to mean a thing since their main defense weapons, the Valvraves, are gone. The Valvraves were the only reason that they've been even able to stay afloat until now.

Of course something's going to go wrong! It's really just a matter of time.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-12, 19:22   Link #59
Domonkazu

wtf Haruto, you prefer to do it with L-elf? damn no more Saki rape time??
Old 2013-10-12, 19:26   Link #60
Destined_Fate

Haruto is just biting L-Elf and taking his "Runes" because he feels that L-Elf isn't some innocent like Saki is so it's okay to hurt L-Elf in his eyes. He also doesn't want to rape Saki as he has gained feelings for her and a ton of guilt which confuses him quite a bit.
Closed Thread