AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 07:30   Link #401
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Uhhh, wasn't there a very big commotion about the mistranslation of a line in eps 3? Where it was supposed to be a 'he' rather than a 'she'? And considering it was a swordsman connected to Raimei, and that the pink haired person in the OP is a swordsman, then definitely the pink haired person in the OP is a male.

Oh yeah, him being very flat in the OP made me think he was male in the first place.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 07:45   Link #402
AMANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Uhhh, wasn't there a very big commotion about the mistranslation of a line in eps 3? Where it was supposed to be a 'he' rather than a 'she'? And considering it was a swordsman connected to Raimei, and that the pink haired person in the OP is a swordsman, then definitely the pink haired person in the OP is a male.

Oh yeah, him being very flat in the OP made me think he was male in the first place.

So the pink-hair one in the OP is a male, but he is kinda like a girl.
AMANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 07:57   Link #403
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I read a certain "group"'s script before, and I'm not going to comment here since it's just going to end up in group bashing. Anyway, there're resources where you can refer to other people commenting on a group's release, and I highly recommend you to read them, because I really, really hate to see people being fed wrong information from sub.
Mind telling me where to find these resources? I fully agree with you on this point. There was this particular sub that I saw for Nabari which was just horrible.
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 08:06   Link #404
Tenar

The pink-haired samurai from the OP (who, as many have already inferred, is also the person mentioned in ep 3) is a man, even though the hairstyle and colour are kind of weird for a male. I have read the manga, so I'm completely sure about it.
Tenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 08:07   Link #405
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenar View Post
The pink-haired samurai from the OP (who, as many have already inferred, is also the person mentioned in ep 3) is a man, even though the hairstyle and colour are kind of weird for a male. I have read the manga, so I'm completely sure about it.
I'd just like you to know that you've made my day. I'm glad i was wrong.
Old 2008-04-25, 08:45   Link #406
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post
Mind telling me where to find these resources? I fully agree with you on this point. There was this particular sub that I saw for Nabari which was just horrible.
Guuchan was probably referring to fansubs comparison sites. Links to few of them like ji-hi.net can be found in Fansub Comparison Site thread.
Old 2008-04-25, 12:05   Link #407
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANE View Post
Yeah I know but I'm a little confused by this from WIKI website take a look at this:

-spoiler-

So there is a possiblity of being guy.
Oi, don't put spoilers out in the open like that.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:41   Link #408
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Naruto no Ou?

A boy with a unstoppable force sealed inside him at a young age, all alone in the world who joins a team consisting of a girl, another boy and a young and goofy but skilled master to learn the ways of friendship and the ninja. Feels like de'ja vous, where have I seen this before? Oh, right...

Well obvious comparisons aside, as I'm sure they've already been made multiple times in this thread, Nabari no Ou actualy hasn't been bad so far. Nice art style and some slick animation especially during the combat. The extra violence adds a bit more of an adult flavor to the mix with some interesting villains on the side to help even things out.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but one little thing bugging me is Rokujo's VA (Rie Kugimiya). Generally I don't mind women voicing boys; for example Hayate Ayasaki (Ryoko Shiraishi) from Hayate no Gotoku, but in this case it's just too feminine. I suppose for Nabari no Ou the casting choice fits considering Rokujo's feminine personality, but it's too obvious for me.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:55   Link #409
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANE View Post
Yeah I know but I'm a little confused by this from WIKI website take a look at this:

Raikō Shimizu (, Shimizu Raikō?)
Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
A 20-year-old samurai of the Shimizu family, and a member of the Kairōshū. Five years ago, he singlehandedly massacred everyone in his clan except for his younger sister, Raimei, and then joined the Kairōshū. He is rather easygoing, but he takes his responsibilities very seriously. He admits that he is not adept at photography, usually messing up the photo. Also, though he claims to be a good driver, he once drives himself and the rest of his teammates into a river. A running joke with him is his very questionable fashion sense.
While I hate to compare Nabari to Naruto, that really sounds like Itachi there.
Oh well, I just hope much more of a personality than our Sharingan hax ninja ever showed.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-25 at 19:13.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 05:34   Link #410
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Well, you know what they say, everything is in the execution.Even if they share a similar premise, Naruto and Nabari are completely different.
Old 2008-04-26, 09:41   Link #411
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Guuchan was probably referring to fansubs comparison sites. Links to few of them like ji-hi.net can be found in Fansub Comparison Site thread.
I see. Thank you!
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 14:52   Link #412
GreatTeacherKen

Caught up with this series and I'm hooked now. Episode 3 was pretty intense. I actually began to fear for the heroes' safety, particularly the teacher's (forget his name). Although in retrospect, they probably won't get rid of him so early since the flashback in episode 2 is still rather vague.

My only problem was the inconsistency in the henchmen's ability. When Kouichi and Raimei arrive on the scene they seem to struggle a bit against the ninjas but then soon afterwards, the two heroes easily trash them.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 15:51   Link #413
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I saw the anime first and thought it was interesting enough to check out the manga as well but I was a bit surprised that they switched the fighting role between Mahiru and Kouichi during that scene in the anime when Kouichi slashed the ninja guy with that large ninja-star thingy. Too bad. It would have be interesting to see Mahiru take action like that.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 16:12   Link #414
eipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I saw the anime first and thought it was interesting enough to check out the manga as well but I was a bit surprised that they switched the fighting role between Mahiru and Kouichi during that scene in the anime when Kouichi slashed the ninja guy with that large ninja-star thingy. Too bad. It would have be interesting to see Mahiru take action like that.
i share your sentiments. Also in the manga,
Spoiler:

Fourth episode tonight ^^ Can't wait for the raw.
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 20:18   Link #415
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
got a lot of yaoi-vibes from this, is it shounen-ai or something?

or will this be a regular shounen thing?
Old 2008-04-27, 13:11   Link #416
gonzo562

so far im enjoying this anime.

Im glad thier not calling out thier ninjustu attacks or ninja attacks like they do in Naruto lol
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:06   Link #417
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
got a lot of yaoi-vibes from this, is it shounen-ai or something?

or will this be a regular shounen thing?
My guess-Unusual Shonen thing.

Spoiler for Related Manga Spolers up to Vol 8:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:46   Link #418
eipu

@ ipernorris: Thanks for the screen caps!

This episode seems to cover the last chapter that has been scanlated so far. So for people (like me) who haven't browsed through the subsequent raw chapters (because they don't understand japanese), next episode is going to be fun.

More yoite please!
eipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:31   Link #419
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 17:48   Link #420
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4 ~ (ha! Serenade is siding with the enemy! Let me join! They have Yoite )

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen