AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-26, 17:49   Link #221
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitoein View Post
Here's the other (last two) of Frederika Bernkastel's Poem from Higurashi PS2 Games

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Tsukiotoshi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):

Here's another from Miotsukoshi-hen

Spoiler for Poem by frederika bernkastel in Miotsukoshi-hen (PS2 exclusive arc):

again, feel free to modify it...
Wow, thanks for translating them! And you're right, Miotsukoshi-hen's poem is almost the same as Matsuribayashi's >_>
Old 2008-10-31, 14:25   Link #222
kiby

Hum I do not have a Ps2 so i do have a question about Tsukiotoshi hen
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2008-10-31, 23:42   Link #223
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The answer are not givens.
Spoiler for My opinion (spoiller):
Old 2008-11-21, 08:45   Link #224
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

questions : in the Miotsukoshi-hen
. keiichii dodges an array of bullets because hanyuu possessed him right? or is he neo?
Old 2008-11-21, 22:19   Link #225
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I didn't completely understand that part;
For what I did undersand Hanyuu stopped the time, but Keiichi was able to breek the spell by putting enought of his will for being able to move ) before the bullet got the time to move farther.

But of course, I might be mistaken. (if so, please someone said it .)
Old 2008-11-22, 18:50   Link #226
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

eh? so what actually happened was hanyuu froze time while keichi moved while time is frozen because he is 'strong-willed'?

the pictures are so misleading, i thought hanyuu possessed him or something
Old 2009-02-13, 21:35   Link #227
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Kana + Kanji are used in the game. If you haven't memorized your Hiragana & Katakana yet then I recomend you get those taken care of first. The book "Kana de Manga" is a good way, Iv'e seen people have sucsess. Also, you can get flash cards of Hiragana & Katakana at alot of bookstores. As for Kanji............ That's a much longer and much more difficlut process XD..... I'm pretty sucky with Kanji myself, I probably only know about 100 off hand, out of the 2,000 or so used in japanese, so I'm not really the best person to ask XD, but there is another line of books called "Kanji de Manga". There is also the Rosetta Stone computer program, which I own and I enjoy. Though, this is an instant imersion program, and it helps to already have some understanding. In anycase, you can always fake it like I do and depend on the voiceing XD! Also, I use Swap Magic V3.6 Plus 2-Disc with Magic Slide Tool .
And how much does this swap magic cost me? do t hey sell it in stores so i dont have to pay shipping?
Old 2009-02-21, 04:53   Link #228
kiby

Thank you very much^^
I have another question but i do not knot how to post it ; in the future 3rd ds game there is a chapter called "tokihogushi"......was it in the ps2 version?
Old 2009-02-21, 10:08   Link #229
Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiby View Post
Thank you very much^^
I have another question but i do not knot how to post it ; in the future 3rd ds game there is a chapter called "tokihogushi"......was it in the ps2 version?
Nope, it wasn't. In the PS2 game, there were only 3 new arcs:
-Taraimawashi-hen (盥回し編, Musical Chairs Chapter)
-Tsukiotoshi-hen (憑落し編, Exorcism Chapter)
-Miotsukushi-hen (澪尽し編, Canal Drying Chapter)
Old 2011-06-10, 05:57   Link #230
st_nick5

Bumping this 2 year old thread, got a question. I've finally got my hands on a Japanese backwards compatible PS3 (£100 on ebay ) and I'm looking at buying the Higurashi PS2 games. I'm just wondering what the difference between these are:
http://ocha.nierchi.net/wp-content/u...i-matsuri.jpeg

http://www.yesasia.com/us/pachi-slot...0-en/info.html

I'm wanting to get the original version (the top link), but I can't find anywhere that sells it. What is the yesasia link? Thanks for your help.
Old 2011-06-10, 06:22   Link #231
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
The second one is a slot machine game.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2011-06-10, 06:32   Link #232
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
So not what I'm looking for then. Do you know where I can get hold of the first game? Yesasia and amiami doesn't seem to have it anymore.
Old 2011-06-10, 07:28   Link #233
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Play-Asia still has it : http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-29ir.html. That's where I bought it if I remember correctly. You might want to get this one, aka Higurashi Matsuri Kakera Asobi, as it's basically an upgraded version of the original Matsuri edition.
Old 2011-06-10, 07:52   Link #234
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherine B. View Post
Play-Asia still has it : http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-29ir.html. That's where I bought it if I remember correctly. You might want to get this one, aka Higurashi Matsuri Kakera Asobi, as it's basically an upgraded version of the original Matsuri edition.
I thought those were the second lot of games? As in, the first game are the question arcs and that one is the answer arcs? Or are they all included in one game?
Old 2011-06-10, 08:04   Link #235
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Nope, all the arcs (well, except for Matsuribayashi-hen) are included in both versions of Higurashi Matsuri; Kakera Asobi is just a more enhanced port released as a response to how well the first game did, and which added more elements from Matsuribayashi-hen to the PS2 original arc that is Miotsukushi-hen.
Old 2011-06-10, 10:06   Link #236
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherine B. View Post
Nope, all the arcs (well, except for Matsuribayashi-hen) are included in both versions of Higurashi Matsuri; Kakera Asobi is just a more enhanced port released as a response to how well the first game did, and which added more elements from Matsuribayashi-hen to the PS2 original arc that is Miotsukushi-hen.
Matsuribayashi-hen is the last arc in the anime isn't it? That isn't in the game?
Old 2011-06-10, 11:20   Link #237
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Matsuribayashi-hen is the last arc in the anime isn't it? That isn't in the game?
No the game contains Miotsukushi-hen, which has Watanagashi, Meakashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Tsumihoroboshi-hen in it but no Matsuribayashi-hen in it.

Edit: Is there a patch for the PS2 version? I might be interested in getting it if so.
Old 2011-06-10, 12:13   Link #238
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post
No the game contains Miotsukushi-hen, which has Watanagashi, Meakashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Tsumihoroboshi-hen in it but no Matsuribayashi-hen in it.

Edit: Is there a patch for the PS2 version? I might be interested in getting it if so.
If you mean English patch, there's currently none as far as I know. I and the owner of the Higu wikia were planning to make one for it over the summer, but we need a big team in order to do so, and from what I heard, the PS2 disc can be very easily corrupted if edited improperly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Slot machine? That's...interesting, to say at least. I watched the PV for it, and does getting a triple help you in any way at all? 3 Rikas in a row only made Keiichi slam the door on Rena's fingers ^^;

Last edited by Kantoku; 2011-06-10 at 12:30.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:14   Link #239
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion0101 View Post

So... how exactly is the game played out? Is it like in Umineko where you choose what episode you want to play, or is it choices in the game?

edit - And how do you get to the ending? Does it just keep track of which arcs you've been through then automatically play the last arc? Same with the question/answer arcs as well, does it only let you play through the question arcs first then let you play the answer arcs?
Old 2011-06-11, 15:32   Link #240
Kantoku
見ぬが花

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
So... how exactly is the game played out? Is it like in Umineko where you choose what episode you want to play, or is it choices in the game?

edit - And how do you get to the ending? Does it just keep track of which arcs you've been through then automatically play the last arc? Same with the question/answer arcs as well, does it only let you play through the question arcs first then let you play the answer arcs?
You get to control how the plot ends, in a way. Each action you take leads to a different ending (i.e. If you pick all of the "good" choices and try to avoid every bad situation, you lead yourself into Taraimawashi-hen)

Yes, you have to play through the original 4 question arcs before any other triggers get unlocked, and then you can use the scenario jump and get to the alternate arcs.

That's what I've heard, at least.
Closed Thread