2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 15:17   Link #21
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
If in doubt, always check the Fansub wiki on http://fansub.andrewlb.com for the spring season. The group listed to fansub the show is indeed subbing it.

Too bad that the anime version of the OP has so little lyrics. It's got a really nice upbeat and very nice vocals. Eiko-tama~ :3
Agree,very nice upbeat.I just felt like Genon feels good with techno rock in it's show.
Old 2006-04-09, 17:40   Link #22
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
I watched the first episode, and I've a theory (already!) I want to test out on the people who've played the game...

Spoiler:
Like kj said, you're only seeing the tip of a very, very, very big ice berg. So if I were you, I'd wait until at least Onikakushi is over before making any predictions. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
Also, where would I go to get the sound novel itself? Amazon.co.jp?
Amazon doesn't ship games overseas. If you want to buy the game, go to HimeyaShop and place a custom order (it doesn't cost anything extra) for "Higurashi no Naku Koroni: Onikakushi~Himatsubushi-hen" and "Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai: Meakashi~Minagoroshi-hen". You can add a link to that page when making the request, they'll get it.
Old 2006-04-16, 05:13   Link #23
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
First ep has been subbed by "Wind". Thanks very, very much.
Old 2006-04-16, 09:38   Link #24
Shenlong

After seeing the first episode subbed.. wtf? Most of the anime seems like a poorly done harem anime with terrible terrible character designs.. but unerneath the surface there lies a mystery with many bloody secrets in this small town.. My interest is kinda piqued, just need to fastforward through the unfunny harem parts. The opening song is hella good and those little girl's alternate selves look damn creepy, especially Hatchet Chick. Why is the green haired chick wearing a shoulder holster and keep hancuffs in the club locker O_o

Little schoolgirls shouldn't look so damn cheerful while carrying large cutting instruments!

Last edited by Shenlong; 2006-04-16 at 09:54.
Old 2006-04-16, 11:54   Link #25
CaiSter21

so can anyone give me feedback on how Wind's fansubs is?
cause i also like to know what the general census thinks before i pick up on a new fansub group
Old 2006-04-16, 12:16   Link #26
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
That was a really kickass opening sequence! I'm defientely interested in this series now. Though WIND's fansubs seemed to be not as polished, and they left some dialouge completely untranslated.
Old 2006-04-16, 12:26   Link #27
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Well, Ayu just released their version of the first episode. Hurrah!
Old 2006-04-16, 13:35   Link #28
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
so can anyone give me feedback on how Wind's fansubs is?
cause i also like to know what the general census thinks before i pick up on a new fansub group
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
That was a really kickass opening sequence! I'm defientely interested in this series now. Though WIND's fansubs seemed to be not as polished, and they left some dialouge completely untranslated.
Wind's translation was fine when it was there (only a couple of mistakes from what I remember). They did miss (as in leave out) some lines though. (Especially some of the important ones like the news paper.) It's more colloquials(sp) than Ayu's but it is still correct.

(Disclaimer: I have not entirely watched Ayu's, just skipped around to some of the parts that were missing from Wind's.)

Neither attempted the onscreens in the preview though. Can anyone actually read those?
Old 2006-04-16, 14:02   Link #29
Lemonhead
Artificial Flavors

Great first episode, can't wait to see what kind of ride this show is gonna take us on. I was getting alittle worried that no one was gonna sub it. Now i can rest assured that with two groups working on it, my chances of getting a weekly fix for this are good. After watching both versions Ayu's is soild like they always are. Wind from what i understand, it was there first time doing a sub and even though they missed a few line's they get major props for acually using "WTF" and having a easy to read font.
Old 2006-04-16, 14:20   Link #30
DrewGSR

Man looks like some dark shit
Old 2006-04-16, 16:56   Link #31
hi-hi

Just watched Ayu's first episode sub. Looks like a cool show if one can stand the pretty badly excecuted humor (imo). That picnic bit felt so long.
Then again, it's not a comedy show, so I guess too funny would make you miss parts of the good stuff.
Haven't read novel.

question:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-16, 17:34   Link #32
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-hi
Looks like a cool show if one can stand the pretty badly excecuted humor (imo).
Some humors can be quite otaku-ish in this show. After all, the original novel is a doujin game. As a whole, you should be able to enjoy the comedy as long as you have a basic understanding of things like moe and other popular otaku trends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-hi
question:
Spoiler:
The "present time" in the story is year 58 of Showa (1983). Higurashi no Naku Koroni is a story that takes place entirely in the past.

As for Tomitake, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Neither attempted the onscreens in the preview though. Can anyone actually read those?
They're just tiny hints at what the next episode will contain, not all that important compared to Dark Rika's voice. ^^;

But for the heck of it,

Episode 1:
"The riverside where the bonfires burned"
"The cottons flowing away on the surface of the river at night" (well, too bad the double meaning of "wata" is going to be lost in an English translation)
"The raindrops fall from the edge of the eaves"
"The Watanagashi of the year after... in other words..."
"Rena and Keiichi comes down the path after the rain."
"It's tonight...!"
Old 2006-04-16, 18:56   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm very happy that a sub finally turned up, just watched it now.

Its everything i was hoping it would be, the humors spot on imo, perfect humor for the type of mystery story the show should have, also - i'm sure i'm not the only one thats in love with the darkside of the show. It may have only appeared a few times, but man it was such an amazing feel, i'm so happy this is gonna be 26 episodes! ^_^

Also, it probably has the best OP of the new season imo.
Old 2006-04-17, 04:22   Link #34
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

im a little confused... is this going to be some type of horror flick that messes with your sense of norm?
Old 2006-04-17, 07:06   Link #35
Kyousuke

Brilliant opening song.

Spoiler for first episode:
Old 2006-04-17, 07:18   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
im a little confused... is this going to be some type of horror flick that messes with your sense of norm?
That depends on how you think about the series.
Old 2006-04-17, 07:25   Link #37
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Since it's subbed I can likely join in here again without fear of spoilers.

So yeah. Good episode and very nicely done. My knowledge of the story is limited to Daybreak and the stuff I've heard from others (I have the game but I'm waiting on a legal copy before I play, which likely won't be until after the anime is over) but I love how intelligently they used the time-of-day settings. Very well-done.

As for what to expect from the show, I'd suggest expecting what you've seen in the first episode. Some cute, some laughs and some brutalizing of the peoples
Old 2006-04-17, 12:18   Link #38
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
Man looks like some dark shit
Couldn't agree with you more. I had to watch Ouran to get the creepy out of me, though Ouran is creepy in its own way. I'm Hemaphobic, so some of the scenes and dialogue in Higurashi made me squemish.
Old 2006-04-17, 20:37   Link #39
Archuka
A territory most absolute

After having seen episode 1 I can say that I'm slightly dissapointed, but I'll keep watching for now.

The biggest (perhaps only) problem in my opinion was the comedy. It just didn't work for me and even though I found it more or less amusing most of the time, I think they used way to much chibi mode and funny faces. They're only funny if used wisely and sparingly and that was not the case in epsiode 1.

However, the dark mystery parts really worked for me. Especially the end of episode 1 when the....the protagonist (forgot the name, sorry -_-;) finds the newspaper was brilliant! If only they had had more of that and less of the bad comedy...
Old 2006-04-17, 22:48   Link #40
Eclipze

I'll join the club I suppose. The comedy was pretty funny, although a little rough at times (need some balancing).

And just wow...pre-OP sequence was pretty scary...literally smashing someone's body with a club....*shivers*. Never let a moe~ girl carry an axe....and smile while doing so.

Definately going to keep watching this.

PS: Rena's VA sounded very familiar...did she voice in another anime recently?
Closed Thread