AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-20, 01:03   Link #61
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Sorry for being a jerk.
And I used to hate tomatoes, too. Still not a fan of raw tomatoes, or eggs in any way, shape, or form.

*tips hat, if I wore hats*
And a good day to you as well, kind sir.
Old 2003-11-20, 02:44   Link #62
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
I don't think manga is better than anime in any way. They're just two different things.. But honestly, I prefer manga.

It's less "tiring" for me to read a manga than to watch an anime.. If I read a manga, I can read it at my own pace and I can deal with the emotions that are in the story at my own rythm.. I can't do this with anime. Also, I can read a manga before falling asleep while laying down on my bed. ...

I was always fascinated with comics and specially manga, because of the way manga artists use panels and symbolism. There's a lot of other details like that.. Since I grew up mainly on European comics and manga instead of American comics, I can't really say my opinion about them.. But I know that manga is different from all comics. It's not better, but there's just something special about manga that always fascinated me. I can't explain.

And like everyone says.. It's fun to imagine things. I guess this is why I prefer playing older video games...
Old 2003-12-18, 03:39   Link #63
Hen

Send a message via ICQ to Hen
Well, I also think that manga and anime are juste two different kind of stuff and why not to like the both ? It's my case.

But maybe I've read more mangas than seen animes, only 'cause it takes more time to see an anime (especially when it's an entire serie that you wanna see)

In fact I feel almost like the person who has expressed her opinion before me

I've already read quite a lot of mangas, and of different kind ; it's not the case whith anime, 'cause there are things which won't bother me when I read it but that I wouldn't enjoy watching passively...
Old 2003-12-18, 05:55   Link #64
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracleman
Wow, Sandman starts with an S, and that's an American comic... it's also won the World Fantasy Award for Best Short Story (an honor that was, up until that point, reserved strictly for prose fiction).
Well, heh, the Sandman #19 story "A Midsummer Night's Dream" was able to win (in 1991) because there wasn't a rule against it, since no one thought a graphic novel would ever get nominated. The rules were changed shortly thereafter to specifically make graphic novels ineligible.

Gaiman has won the Hugo and Nebula awards for his non-graphic fiction as well.
Closed Thread