AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 08:44   Link #401
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Spoiler for the sticker:
Thanks, vandalization starts now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I think that part was just to create dramas and for visual sake. Because Acchan still sparkling while singing and being shot at look epic/badass/however you want to describe it lol

Spoiler for true idol:
reminds me of macross 7.

I quite enjoyed this show, even though I have hated the character designs since I first saw them and I still can't warm up to cgi dance scenes.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:52   Link #402
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Not another damn concert/moe girls, doing moe things again. I am tired of this and I won't be watching anymore of this genre for another 10 years. Seriously, where's the innovation gone off to in the Ani-Industry? It's like it just flew out of the window.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:57   Link #403
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Wtf did I watch. I saw lolis, idol music, mechas, laser/missile spam, magical girl outfits/weaponry and "Okada Melodrama" (this style of drama is so obvious to spot lol) all in one.

Wtf Kawamori/Okada? You just created something even more absurd than Aquarion EVOL LOL. You two have way too many screws loose inside your heads. Well at least this isn't the "terrible" kind of wtf like Black Rock Shooter was, but mixing Macross with Mahou Shojo elements? Lolwut!

Not sure if I like it or not at this point, but will continue for a few more eps. I'll give it this though - it was as far as possible from "BORING".
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:11   Link #404
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Not another damn concert/moe girls, doing moe things again.
If you're going to bash the show at least do it for what it is (a huge wtf mix of mecha,idols,space from the makers of aquarion evol) and not because you think it's a the new k-on.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:40   Link #405
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
If you're going to bash the show at least do it for what it is (a huge wtf mix of mecha,idols,space from the makers of aquarion evol) and not because you think it's a the new k-on.
Well, if you strip it down to it's very core, it IS just a damn concert/moe girls doing moe stuff. The wtf-ness of mecha or whatever is just additional spice to fool us into believing that this isn't your usual "moe stuff"

Seriously, it's like this:

-there's a battle raging around us, people are killing each other and dying brutally but let's calm everyone down by having a concert with moe teen girls!! Whee hurray!! Everybody is happy and apparently, into underaged teens as well.

Wars are supposed to be nasty business. It's about death and destruction. In an era where entertainment is banned, a group of underaged moe-girls will change everything. They will destroy the status quo, lead a revolution against the "evil government" and make a change through... *drumrolls* Singing, dancing, and being MOE! How marvelous! How fantastic! How awesome! How idiotic! Apparently, the author/writer/creator have never experienced the horrors of "real war" before if they think moe-girls can save the world, or in this show's case, the galaxy.

Lets try having a bunch of underaged moe-girls go to Africa and start concerts over there where civil war is rampant. I bet my ass they'd be dead, held hostage, gang-raped, in just a few days.

Last edited by joshuafaramir; 2012-05-03 at 09:55.
joshuafaramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:56   Link #406
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
-there's a battle raging around us, people are killing each other and dying brutally but let's calm everyone down by having a concert with moe teen girls!! Whee hurray!! Everybody is happy and apparently, into underaged teens as well.

Wars are supposed to be nasty business. It's about death and destruction. In an era where entertainment is banned, a group of underaged moe-girls will change everything. They will destroy the status quo, lead a revolution against the "evil government" and make a change through... *drumrolls* Singing and dancing! How marvelous! How fantastic! How awesome! Apparently, the author/writer/creator have never experienced "real war" before if they think moe-girls can save the world.
We didn't see a war. We saw a police action where, despite missiles being used, no one died.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:05   Link #407
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Well, if you strip it down to it's very core, it IS just a damn concert/moe girls doing moe stuff. The wtf-ness of mecha or whatever is just additional spice to fool us into believing that this isn't your usual "moe stuff"

Wars are supposed to be nasty business. It's about death and destruction. In an era where entertainment is banned, a group of underaged moe-girls will change everything. They will destroy the status quo, lead a revolution against the "evil government" and make a change through... *drumrolls* Singing, dancing, and being MOE! How marvelous! How fantastic! How awesome! How idiotic! Apparently, the author/writer/creator have never experienced the horrors of "real war" before if they think moe-girls can save the world, or in this show's case, the galaxy.

Lets try having a bunch of underaged moe-girls go to Africa and start concerts over there where civil war is rampant. I bet my ass they'd be dead, held hostage, gang-raped, in just a few days.
What war ? what evil government ?i don't think we watched the same animie.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:15   Link #408
sa547
*Author

To some of us here, it would be best to use the "three-episode rule" before passing judgment.

Personally I've seen shows (especially the previous season of this year) that start out so great, gorgeous, nicely-funded and well-made by some super-studio that one is obliged to rate a "10" immediately, but in the end finding its legs or drive itself off the cliff... and there are those rare shows that were completely dismissed as ugly or ridiculous on the first episode but suddenly pulls off the unexpected and becomes a masterpiece after a few weeks.

I think our friend here has just skipped a few scenes before going back to his usual programming.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:23   Link #409
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If I remember perfectly, AKB0048's members has to perform guerilla concerts in order to save Earth from the anti-entertainment terrorists, not the galaxy. As sa547 said, each individual must give a judgement only after episode 3, not the first episode or anything before episode 1, which I find it pointless.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:24   Link #410
mochichan

^
not terrorists.
Just rebel against government laws in general.

Quote:

Either we're not watching the same anime or you just got the wrong idea.
There's no war going, the government is just banning entertainment because they find it a distraction, since many of the people in the beginning of the show look like workers. It's a situation that happened during Tenpo Reform in Japan before so it's not unheard of. And like always, when the government pass oppressive laws, people act up and rebel, in this case AKB0048. But there's no actual "warring" going on, and no one is dying.

The theme of the show is just to live your dream without letting anyone stopping you, that's it. Also the show isn't really "moe" so far, only the design.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-03 at 10:40.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:47   Link #411
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
The theme of the show is just to live your dream without letting anyone stopping you, that's it.
THIS.

Everyone has an aspiration, a dream, a need to move up to the next level, to become a better person. It's a theme that we see in most stories, heroes and heroines trying to earn their own happiness after much pain and suffering, all the while supported by their friends who share the same aspirations despite personal differences, but even then there will be those deviants or even "frienemies" -- be it an individual, a group, an agency, the environment around them (in this case, life under prolonged martial law and constant danger by surveillance and armed intimidation) -- who would try to throw roadblocks and traps along the way.

Whether that plot takes place in the past, present or the future, whether in a wealthy (a girl in Japan aspires to become an idol) or a poor country (a boy in Ghana dreams to be the best football player), protagonists will have to make his/her way to the top, with the best of their knowledge and maybe even more if they unlock a hidden talent that wasn't present before. Even while facing a judgmental audience or ducking bullets.

As Frank Sinatra once sang about New York and what that city could do for the benefit of his dreams: "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere."

And oh, I have been taught not to judge a book from its cover.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-03 at 11:01.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:51   Link #412
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Umm... so those lasers and missiles I saw was just for show? Background effects? No casualties whatsoever? No destruction whatsoever? Hmm... intriguing. As always, anime tend to underestimate the impact of "missiles exploding, laser firing everywhere, the panic and chaos it sows among the people/civilians.

Well "evil government" because it's a government that manages the entertainment industry, or the market, so to speak. But that's just my viewpoint. Anyway, your right though that one shouldn't judge based on 1st episode alone. But you can't help it. "First impressions always lasts" to quote a certain someone.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:57   Link #413
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yeah the lasers and missiles were just riot control, think water hoses and nets.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:59   Link #414
mochichan

Quote:
Umm... so those lasers and missiles I saw was just for show? Background effects? No casualties whatsoever? No destruction whatsoever? Hmm... intriguing.

Well "evil government" because it's a government that manages the entertainment industry, or the market, so to speak. But that's just my viewpoint. Anyway, your right though that one shouldn't judge based on 1st episode alone. But you can't help it. "First impressions always lasts" to quote a certain someone.

Yeah that's the whole impression that I got about the missiles like ss547 pointed out, all the soldiers had non fatal weapons like club sticks, water cannons, web etc.
It's just for dramatic effect.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:00   Link #415
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:

What show did you watch, I want to check it out!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:27   Link #416
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Umm... so those lasers and missiles I saw was just for show? Background effects? No casualties whatsoever? No destruction whatsoever? Hmm... intriguing. As always, anime tend to underestimate the impact of "missiles exploding, laser firing everywhere, the panic and chaos it sows among the people/civilians.

For someone who's been a member since 2006, your comments sure don't make a lot of sense.

If you don't like it don't watch it. Somehow from your post it seems like you weren't actually watching the same show as the rest of us.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 11:28   Link #417
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
For someone who's been a member since 2006, your comments sure don't make a lot of sense.

If you don't like it don't watch it. Somehow from your post it seems like you weren't actually watching the same show as the rest of us.
Maybe he's watching either Macross Frontier, Idolm@ster : Xenoglossia or Symphogear.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 11:38   Link #418
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

^ Those are good Animes, I suggest you watch Aquarion EVOL as well

I'm watching the same anime, I just have a different take on it than most of you guys do. I beg to differ.
Old 2012-05-03, 11:43   Link #419
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
^ Those are good Animes, I suggest you watch Aquarion EVOL as well

I'm watching the same anime, I just have a different take on it than most of you guys do. I beg to differ.
This is a good idea.
However, I am busy at walking other threads as well.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-05-03, 12:33   Link #420
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I really enjoyed episode one, and have watched it three times. But by watching more than once, I have come to understand people's complaints. You really, really have to suspend a lot of disbelief. And it is laughably self-serving to make a show about how wonderful and essential idol entertainment is. If I put on my serious hat, it looks like another highly effective tool in the hands of the hegemons. In fact, entertainment is not banned by our governments, but used as a tool to keep us quiet.

Even joshuafaramir's rather extreme comments make sense to me. The idea of doing a concert while rockets are flying around is pure fantasy. But highly enjoyable fantasy, lol. I'd say just relax and enjoy the show. You have to let the music and the shoujo friendship-and-achievement emotions wash over you and carry you forward.

For me, the hardest thing to accept was the way Nagisa caught up to the shuttle and then was whipped aboard between the closing doors. Just a bit too much fantasy.

But I still enjoyed the show a lot. Tears sprang to my willing eyes several times. Even the heart-shaped marks in people's eyes worked for me. I have always thought anime does fantasy far better than it does reality, and this is strong fantasy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime