AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 10:47   Link #3901
Kakurin
大佐

OK, so you mean the Ayase part from Volume 12 has been shifted into episode 12. Will 13 deal with Volume 11?
Old 2013-06-22, 10:49   Link #3902
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
OK, so you mean the Ayase part from Volume 12 has been shifted into episode 12. Will 13 deal with Volume 11?
No, I dont think so. Can you make a proper translation of the title ''「妹が兄に恋なんてするわけない」''? As I said screenplay is directed by the author,so I think this is what he meant by adding stuff outside the LN.

Edit: Ayase got rejected here so Kuroneko's rejection is in the OVAs I guess
Edit 2 : Read the synopsis of the final episode on their website if you can make a good translation you can share lol
Old 2013-06-22, 11:16   Link #3903
DevG

GOODNESS THE TRANSLATION FOR CHAPTER 1 HAS BEEN POSTED ON BAKA TSUKI!!! I think ill wait till night time to read it because I want to experience it fully!!!
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 11:58   Link #3904
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG View Post
GOODNESS THE TRANSLATION FOR CHAPTER 1 HAS BEEN POSTED ON BAKA TSUKI!!! I think ill wait till night time to read it because I want to experience it fully!!!
It's only the first part, about one third to one fourth of the entire chapter. But with Chaos beginning to post his translation, I guess that concludes it from my part.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:03   Link #3905
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
No, I dont think so. Can you make a proper translation of the title ''「妹が兄に恋なんてするわけない」''? As I said screenplay is directed by the author,so I think this is what he meant by adding stuff outside the LN.

Edit: Ayase got rejected here so Kuroneko's rejection is in the OVAs I guess
Edit 2 : Read the synopsis of the final episode on their website if you can make a good translation you can share lol
It means Sister (I) can't be in love with my brother, so I just had a thought instead of ending somewhere in vol 11 I think that they will end it with kirino accepting the marriage in episode 13, and then all the extra stuff comes later.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:07   Link #3906
DevG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It's only the first part, about one third to one fourth of the entire chapter. But with Chaos beginning to post his translation, I guess that concludes it from my part.
ha i realized after i posted that, and good work :P
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 12:21   Link #3907
jandkas

Is there any news regarding the 10 years later special?
Old 2013-06-22, 13:06   Link #3908
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
It means Sister (I) can't be in love with my brother, so I just had a thought instead of ending somewhere in vol 11 I think that they will end it with kirino accepting the marriage in episode 13, and then all the extra stuff comes later.
Honestly, if you want my guess, I think they will do volume 11 basically as written, but the difference is that they will tell the whole thing as a flashback, and follow Kirino's perspective when she goes to confront Manami about what "she's done" to Kyousuke, which will result in the "big reveal" about her feelings... and that will be the "cliffhanger".
Old 2013-06-22, 13:18   Link #3909
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly, if you want my guess, I think they will do volume 11 basically as written, but the difference is that they will tell the whole thing as a flashback, and follow Kirino's perspective when she goes to confront Manami about what "she's done" to Kyousuke, which will result in the "big reveal" about her feelings... and that will be the "cliffhanger".
The worst part is that we have to wait for an entire month because of crunchyroll we don't even know if fansubbers are going to release it...
Old 2013-06-22, 13:32   Link #3910
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The worst part is that we have to wait for an entire month because of crunchyroll we don't even know if fansubbers are going to release it...
Huh? Next episode will air on TV as normal, and then the three final episodes will be simulcast worldwide on August 18th. There won't be any particular waiting due to Crunchyroll or whoever else.
Old 2013-06-22, 13:37   Link #3911
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Huh? Next episode will air on TV as normal, and then the three final episodes will be simulcast worldwide on August 18th. There won't be any particular waiting due to Crunchyroll or whoever else.
Oh sorry if I wasn't clear enough but yeah i meant the extra episodes but are you saying crunchyroll won't sue any one else hosting the extra episodes?
Old 2013-06-22, 13:40   Link #3912
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Oh sorry if I wasn't clear enough but yeah i meant the extra episodes but are you saying crunchyroll won't sue any one else hosting the extra episodes?
Why would they? All they do is license from the distributor, they have no claim over the content but I'm glad they decided to get these OVAs since they skipped the first seasons.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 13:44   Link #3913
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Why would they? All they do is license from the distributor, they have no claim over the content but I'm glad they decided to get these OVAs since they skipped the first seasons.
Thank goodness
Old 2013-06-22, 15:09   Link #3914
maplehurry

can someone tell me (summarize) the stalker part that's missing in the anime ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 15:37   Link #3915
Kakurin
大佐

Basically when Kyousuke browsed through that fanpage after the scene with Hinata, he saw an entry where the administrator was flaming about how Ayase destroyed her imagination and brought shame etc. and betrayed her fans. And the administrator threatened about posting some pictures or so (I think). Then with the help of Mikagami and Akagi they found that stalker and talked some sense into her.
Old 2013-06-22, 18:51   Link #3916
seangel92

In the novel, Did Kyosuke reject Ayase?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 19:35   Link #3917
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
In the novel, Did Kyosuke reject Ayase?
Yes he rejected her in volume 12

EDIT: Just watched episode 12. Didn't expect that. They put the rejection of Ayase that happened at volume 12 with the story of volume 10.
The kiss is on the cheeks (we had a discussion about that, but now it is clear). The confession and the rejection felt a bit too rushed for me.
But they don't have much time. Looks like this is the last episode that we will see Ayase (if they follow the novel 100%).

I think episode 13 will be about volume 11 for sure and like relentlessflame said. I also think that it will end in a cliffhanger.

The title preview:

This is the first time that Kirino read the title of the next week episode. Normally, kyousuke is the one who does it.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-22 at 19:52.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:25   Link #3918
finalfury
Incognito

If and only if volume 12 is dedicated to three episodes, then the team might, just might be able to pull off the adaptation. I doubt it however.
Volume 12 is probably the most polar of the volumes since volume 8, so I will expect to see a lot of criticisms when it gets adapted. I still think a good portion of the fanbase considers Kirino pre-volume 8 to be the second coming of Satan(Yea I'm exaggerating here) and may still even think so to this day so that doesn't help much in that regard. Thankfully the criticism here isn't that bad, but I know some who will have very vocal criticisms about the ending.
EDIT: mixed up post and pre, sorry.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:06   Link #3919
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
If and only if volume 12 is dedicated to three episodes, then the team might, just might be able to pull off the adaptation. I doubt it however.
Volume 12 is probably the most polar of the volumes since volume 8, so I will expect to see a lot of criticisms when it gets adapted. I still think a good portion of the fanbase considers Kirino pre-volume 8 to be the second coming of Satan(Yea I'm exaggerating here) and may still even think so to this day so that doesn't help much in that regard. Thankfully the criticism here isn't that bad, but I know some who will have very vocal criticisms about the ending.
EDIT: mixed up post and pre, sorry.
As a Kirino shipper I am already satisfied about how the novel ended. The author already confirmed it, about Kirino her feelings/behavior and also about that he wanted a Kirino ending from the start.

This interview made me accept the ending much more and confirmed much things about why he choose to do this kind of ending.

This story can only be fully enjoyed by reading the entire novel. The anime is fun but even if they don't adept whole of volume 12. I wouldn't care that much. But hopefully they will do the Christmas date, wedding and the two kisses at least.

About the criticisms? Let them say what they want. They don't know how great this story is
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 21:27   Link #3920
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
As a Kirino shipper I am already satisfied about how the novel ended. The author already confirmed it, about Kirino her feelings/behavior and also about that he wanted a Kirino ending from the start.

This interview made me accept the ending much more and confirmed much things about why he choose to do this kind of ending.

This story can only be fully enjoyed by reading the entire novel. The anime is fun but even if they don't adept whole of volume 12. I wouldn't care that much. But hopefully they will do the Christmas date, wedding and the two kisses at least.

About the criticisms? Let them say what they want. They don't know how great this story is
I have no problem with the criticisms, its just other people may have a problem with them. That can lead to a lot of arguments to occur and other stuff to happen. The Valverave forums is one of the reasons why I don't post a lot there( my opinions get drowned out or I feel unconformable posting there for some reason. T.T)
Problem is that Kirino has two things against her: The sibling card and the "super tsundere" personality which can deter a lot of people from shipping her. There's a reason I say that a portion of the fanbase sees her as the second coming of Satan. I even seen comments that compared her to Hitler. Yea.......
The addition of harem elements to the story slightly degraded it in the eyes of those who dislike or are tired of harem after harem. Certain people tend to dislike harem protaganists for being a doormat shall we say. In terms of the plot moving forward and remaining enjoyable, it went up and down, focused on a character that a vocal portion of the fanbase disliked and implemented certain characteristics in the characters to deter some people from liking them.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings