Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 01:37   Link #2081
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
You're not allowed to use the word or a form of the word in the definition xD.
not my wording blame the people at dictionary.com
Old 2008-11-28, 01:43   Link #2082
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not my wording blame the people at dictionary.com
They fail.

Anyway, we need new stuff to argue with

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-11-28, 01:47   Link #2083
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the sky is green!
Old 2008-11-28, 05:02   Link #2084
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

no, it's light green!
Old 2008-11-28, 09:26   Link #2085
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
lol, it's ok; i'd prefer Inoue...carrying all that Hime goodness in my arms!! :9
You'll fall.
Old 2008-11-28, 09:40   Link #2086
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
the sky is green!
Quote:
no, it's light green!
Actually it can be both depending on your surroundings. The sky is prismatic and is merely light refraction of colors. Thats why sometimes we have weird colored skies... erm enough about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I think you can make an argument that she is a "stalker" depending on what your definition is. If your definition of stalking is "someone that follows another persona around incescently without invite or directive" then i think you can make that argument pretty easily. Again it all depends on the definition.

In the sense that most people are using it. Broadly stated Stalking is defined as: a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person. I think there is more than enough "evidence" to back at least part of this position though i have never liked the particular position as I don't think that is the picture that Kubo is trying to paint. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no evidence either or maybe your understanding of evidence is different then mine.
So far there is no evidence, people started calling her stalker because she came to say goodbye to him. Which is a weak and hate induced slander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You'll fall.
Uh-oh she's calling you a weak sissy man. Them are fighting words!
Old 2008-11-28, 13:04   Link #2087
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
You'll fall.
hey, just because you don't have the upper body strength doesn't mean the rest of us don't
Old 2008-11-28, 13:46   Link #2088
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
You'll fall.
I would too. Especially if Orihime was going to land on top of me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
In the sense that most people are using it. Broadly stated Stalking is defined as: a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person. I think there is more than enough "evidence" to back at least part of this position though i have never liked the particular position as I don't think that is the picture that Kubo is trying to paint.
I agree with you on this one, Sinta. Until I see Ichigo being alarmed, annoyed or intimidated by Orihime's behavior, I won't consider it stalking. Stalking is a bona-fide crime. Comparing Orihime's puppy dog crush to real stalkers trivializes that.
Old 2008-11-28, 14:48   Link #2089
Blerghovic
Meh

People calling Orihime a stalker confuses me... doesn't she barely spend any time around Ichigo outside of fights and school? Actually, if we look back, since the SS arc the only times she's talked to him in a situation which was really personal were when she was apologising to him for getting in the way during the fight with Yami and her "confession".
Old 2008-11-28, 14:57   Link #2090
Ichigo&Rukia

I mean Orihime weighs a ton. Don't misunderstand me :Pp
Old 2008-11-28, 15:01   Link #2091
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
People calling Orihime a stalker confuses me... doesn't she barely spend any time around Ichigo outside of fights and school? Actually, if we look back, since the SS arc the only times she's talked to him in a situation which was really personal were when she was apologising to him for getting in the way during the fight with Yami and her "confession".
IMO she is a stalker because, everything with her surrounds Ichigo..she keeps all her senses tuned in to ichigo, regardless her own situation... it is always Kurosaki kun this, Kurosaki kun that... she does not show any self love at all ONLY love for Kurosaki kun...
Old 2008-11-28, 15:29   Link #2092
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
IMO she is a stalker because, everything with her surrounds Ichigo..she keeps all her senses tuned in to ichigo, regardless her own situation... it is always Kurosaki kun this, Kurosaki kun that... she does not show any self love at all ONLY love for Kurosaki kun...
None of those things involve stalking. Thinking about someone and following them around everywhere are completely different.
Old 2008-11-28, 15:34   Link #2093
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
NO.... she does not physically follow him around, because she does not have too... she has the ability to track/ sense his Retsu.. so she know this guy is at all times.... and she tunes in on him all the time, and when she can not sense him she runs out to find him....hence she is a STALKER
Old 2008-11-28, 15:45   Link #2094
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
NO.... she does not physically follow him around, because she does not have too... she has the ability to track/ sense his Retsu.. so she know this guy is at all times.... and she tunes in on him all the time, and when she can not sense him she runs out to find him....hence she is a STALKER
Even if she did constantly do that, according to Sinta's definition of stalking, she still isn't a stalker... hence you're wrong.
Old 2008-11-28, 15:49   Link #2095
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Stalking is a perjorative term for the obsessive following, observing, or contacting of another person, or the obsessive attempt to engage in any of these activities. This includes following the person to certain places, to see where they live or what the person does on a daily basis, it also includes seeking and obtaining the person's personal information in order to contact him or her; e.g. looking for his or her details on computers, electoral rolls, personal files and other material containing the person's private information without his or her consent.
So no, Inoue is not a stalker. Thinking of Ichigo doesn't mean anything -- she's in love with him, for God's sake. Why is this so hard to understand? When you love someone, you think of them constantly, all your thoughts run back to them and, as in Orihime's case, you worry about their well being. You may walk past places you know they're going to be, hoping they'll notice you (gasp! the horror!). If that's stalking (which is a criminal offense), you'd have to arrest all of us. As amir so rightly said, calling Inoue a stalker trivializes the severity of the real thing.

You know, Orihime's situation is kinda similar to Yamada's from Honey and Clover. (hell, she even looks like her). Although (imho) Yamada is infinitely more awesome, she also suffers from unrequited love just like Inoue. Oddly enough, I've never seen her called a stalker. Could it be because she's not, and she's just suffering from one-sided feelings? Orihime's got plenty of issues, but stalking Kurosaki-kun isn't one of them.

Love =/= Stalking. Carry on, boys and girls.
Old 2008-11-28, 16:07   Link #2096
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Aye...a woman explains it so much better. The question is how persistent/senseless/mindless people are prepared to be about this issue.

Sinta, you forced Amir to own you. Usually he's so nice about things too.
Old 2008-11-28, 16:15   Link #2097
Le_Rukia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
From Wikipedia:

So no, Inoue is not a stalker. Thinking of Ichigo doesn't mean anything -- she's in love with him, for God's sake. Why is this so hard to understand? When you love someone, you think of them constantly, all your thoughts run back to them and, as in Orihime's case, you worry about their well being. You may walk past places you know they're going to be, hoping they'll notice you (gasp! the horror!). If that's stalking (which is a criminal offense), you'd have to arrest all of us. As amir so rightly said, calling Inoue a stalker trivializes the severity of the real thing.
. .......Could it be because she's not, and she's just suffering from one-sided feelings? Orihime's got plenty of issues, but stalking Kurosaki-kun isn't one of them.

Love =/= Stalking. Carry on, boys and girls.
OK.. In most cases stalkers are created from one sided love issues... IF not checked she will become the definition you have provided… She is in love …Humm… There is nothing wrong with being in love….. But is it love really or infatuation or a BIG teenage Crush..…… Whatever it is .. it needs to stop, because it is killing her character, which is btw starting to be only to related to the amount of “Kurosaki kuns” she says, instead of her healing abilities, she is on the verge of being revolting and a stalker…

Last edited by Le_Rukia; 2008-11-28 at 16:20. Reason: typo
Old 2008-11-28, 16:29   Link #2098
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Aye...a woman explains it so much better. The question is how persistent/senseless/mindless people are prepared to be about this issue.

Sinta, you forced Amir to own you. Usually he's so nice about things too.
imo stalking starts where the victim is negatively affected by what the stalker does, this doesn't apply in Orihime's case nor does it in Rukia's, where while Ichigo is constantly fighting with her because she sleeps at his place, pops up at school etc, it doesn't really bother him in the slightest, that's just his personality

Amazing how he manages to be still so charming and gentle while owning you
Old 2008-11-28, 17:49   Link #2099
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
all he said ws"you're lighter than I thought..."

That implies he thought she was heavier, but we don't know how MUCH heavier..

o i remember that , why can't people say wat they say instead of changing it.

and any how rukia is pretty small , soo of course orihime is bigger then her

Ichigo&Rukia- why r u saying all this mean stuff about hime. is she that bad? ( and that goes 2 all u anti-hime ppls) (srry 2 point u out)

let's do another topic , we ALL know that she's not an stalker
[/FONT]

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2008-11-28, 18:25   Link #2100
Scarlett_Rain55

How about Orihime/Ichigo's mom connection?

Spoiler for pICTURE:
Closed Thread