AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-15, 14:17   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Tessa

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tessa related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all FMP fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:20   Link #2
masterwok

well since im more of a tessa fan i think her character development is great. The things i like about her that stand out is that she is intelligent and caring to the people around her. she handles most of her missions on trying to save everyone person's life that is not involved in the conflict between mithril and the opposing group. I just wish she would get more screen time in the anime, than being pushed aside and only be on when it involves missions.
Old 2009-03-15, 21:40   Link #3
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
yeah the anime really doesn't do Tessa justice all i hope is when they do the new series they show how Tessa does develop into a stronger person and give her some more screen time.

also just wondering what type of guy Tessa should end up with since she dosnt really have a chance with Souske.
Old 2009-03-15, 22:30   Link #4
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
well since im more of a tessa fan i think her character development is great. The things i like about her that stand out is that she is intelligent and caring to the people around her. she handles most of her missions on trying to save everyone person's life that is not involved in the conflict between mithril and the opposing group. I just wish she would get more screen time in the anime, than being pushed aside and only be on when it involves missions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
yeah the anime really doesn't do Tessa justice all i hope is when they do the new series they show how Tessa does develop into a stronger person and give her some more screen time.

also just wondering what type of guy Tessa should end up with since she dosnt really have a chance with Souske.
I agree, they gave her the OAV (which btw was AWESOME!) but she still needs more development. but from what they have shown of her, it has been pretty influential and deep, at least that is my opinion but the writers can do alot more..

also take in consideration, this is a love story with Kaname and Sousuke, so inevitably they are going to be the main focus.

good question... i hope she ends up with a nice guy tho, she can use one lol....
Old 2009-03-15, 23:08   Link #5
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

yes the OVA was good especially the Clouzot/Webber incident. but that in the end was solely a push to give screen time to Tessa.

but in the end during the first few seasons including the novels up to where TSR ends Tessa doesn't really shine that much its only in the Novels at the end of and after TSR that Tessa really starts to develop into a solid character and shows why she can be a captain and not just a pretty face.
Old 2009-03-15, 23:35   Link #6
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
yes the OVA was good especially the Clouzot/Webber incident. but that in the end was solely a push to give screen time to Tessa.

but in the end during the first few seasons including the novels up to where TSR ends Tessa doesn't really shine that much its only in the Novels at the end of and after TSR that Tessa really starts to develop into a solid character and shows why she can be a captain and not just a pretty face.
OMG the pig thing on Clouzot's video tape, i rofl'd all over the floor of my room xD

THOSE DARN NOVELS!

the more i hear of these so called 'novels' (lol) the more worked up i get... another seasons NAO!

that is good that she finally starts becoming a MAIN character which is exaclty what she is lol. she was used to riding the pine... now she will be legit!
Old 2009-03-16, 00:14   Link #7
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Read my fried, read those darn novels... maybe you'll start liking Tessa a bit more
Quote:
I can't agree more with you. TSR made me like her, but COMO was like wooowww for me Tessa FTW!
Old 2009-03-16, 00:29   Link #8
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

i know deadwings from COMO on i was like Tessa is turning into a pretty heavy hitter and unlike the world economy her stocks are going up
Old 2009-03-16, 00:32   Link #9
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
i know deadwings from COMO on i was like Tessa is turning into a pretty heavy hitter and unlike the world economy her stocks are going up
LOl as one falls the other rises.... darn you kaname pick it up!

glad to hear tessa is a big hitter, her docile silver haired self is a badass in disguise lol
Old 2009-03-16, 02:04   Link #10
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Tessa is not to be underestimated in the events after TSR
Old 2009-03-16, 10:59   Link #11
masterwok

well i just hope they produce another series soon to show tessa's true colors
Old 2009-04-10, 16:53   Link #12
Scarlett_Rain55

She really needs a rebound love interest, since she's obviously not going to get Sousuke. I hope she gets a nice guy!
Old 2009-04-12, 23:55   Link #13
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sousuke can have Kaname.

I want Tessa.
Old 2009-04-23, 17:08   Link #14
Leonard

Tessa seems to have some kind of potential to do great things (she seems to be very clever, honest and smart), but all these are kinda hidden in most of series. That's why I somehow wait for some special, equilibrated and amazing actions from this character. It seems that she can be a really strong character.
Also the top things about Black Technologies are spinning around those two: Tessa (TDD, she helps Kaname to use her power and gives her knowledge) and Leonard (ASes). So one would expect most magnificent, smart and interesting actions from these two.

Really hope for a happy ending for Tessa as well, she deserves it.
Old 2009-04-23, 20:23   Link #15
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

I agree the anime series does not do Tessa any justice but in the novels you can really see her shine in numerous occasions.
Old 2009-04-23, 21:35   Link #16
velvet nightmare

i think her position as a sub captain prevents proper relationships

one with a subordinate is doomed to fail, in real life it would never work out and if it did in anime it'd be twisted into a plot hole

so unless she finds love outside of the sub, i don't think she will get into a relationship with any of the known characters so far
Old 2009-04-24, 00:20   Link #17
Welkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
Sosuke must die if he doesn't pick Tessa.

jkiiing.
Old 2009-04-27, 05:05   Link #18
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Didn't like her much. She had a "please dont hurt me" voice and she was damn clumsy! When was the last time she had a eye test?

But, I do like her ability to captain the sub.
Old 2009-04-28, 23:04   Link #19
blazingstone

In all honesty... didn't enjoy her much either.

She's very very meek.

But I do believe they made her that way for a reason - she's Kaname's foil basically, and they purposely made the two polar opposites.

While facepalmage occured for me when she was out and about being "normal" and ditzy, one thing I do appreciate about her is her hidden intelligence and how well she steps into her authority figure. When she's serious, and knows what she's doing, is when she's at her best, and that's when I can appreciate her.

Otherwise... she bored me. She's not a bad character but IMO she's not an especially interesting one either.
Old 2009-04-28, 23:18   Link #20
jagass

Nice post...very informative...
Closed Thread