AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 21:38   Link #261
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
On my PSP right now, will keep it short.

The 'uniform thickness armor belt' refers to RA's gameplay aspects... it takes the same amount of 90mm rounds to kill a HT no matter where it hits. Also, Sov./Allied tanks never had the weak spot.

The Gen. units I said would show up mostly refers to the Crusader tank. It would act as a super-Med. tank.

Hmm... that note about Takara... I may take that into consideration if I write VCRA2.

Imperial KGB... Civil Defence Force?

(Hit psp limit)
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 22:01   Link #262
itrytofight

Just read your 5th chapter Redstormtrooper. Pretty good so far, especially with the way the plot seems to be going. Though I'm kinda sad about one thing:

SPOILER

All, but Marina, of the original Squad 7 seems to have been eliminated. So no Juno, Edy, Vyse, even no Largo.

SPOILER

Other than that, keep going.

... and I still can't make a spoiler thingy.
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 23:35   Link #263
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Well, take into account that the Soviets would have more experiance and better equipment than what the Sevens would normally face, since RA1's tech levelis actually mid-1970s to early 80s, to VC's 1940s tech levels, with aircraft being at 1903's level.

In real life, for instance, the MiG-29 Fulcrum was mid 80s, I think, and Europa would have otherwise not seen an analouge until the early 2000s, while the plane is developed in the mid 1950s in RA.

Plus, despite loosing, Sov. troops have more experiance.
Old 2009-11-26, 00:37   Link #264
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
For your consideration: an alternate ending for that chapter...

Spoiler for Prose segment:

There's one movie nod in there; let's see if you can spot it, shall we?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 01:11   Link #265
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Whoa... you're GOOD.

It's the ending I wrote, only with 200% more awesomesauce.

The movie referance... is it the Soviet player's (S7's) name?

I don't know why, but I've actually danced around naming S7 and A9.
Old 2009-11-26, 02:27   Link #266
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStormtrooper View Post
Whoa... you're GOOD.

It's the ending I wrote, only with 200% more awesomesauce.
Thanks; we do try. After all, you did want to try and get Moskvin in there somewhere. With a little more work, it'd be possible to get Dasha in there; every good commander needs an able assistant, after all.

Quote:
The movie referance... is it the Soviet player's (S7's) name?
Yes, it is. Also, if another Allied commando unit is needed (the Soviets would have Boris and Volkov and maybe Natasha), I'm pondering a more subtle version of Col. Burton...

Spoiler for Unit Profile:
Old 2009-11-26, 12:14   Link #267
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Though, I figure Dasha would be much less fanservice-y in RA1.

Also, Selvaria in Nadia's uniform.

Good point abou Burton, given the Allied situation, they need more then just Tanya. Perhaps the Colonel would make up for Tanya's shortcomings vs vehicles?
Old 2009-11-26, 13:00   Link #268
Firefly00

Quote:
Though, I figure Dasha would be much less fanservice-y in RA1.
That's a reasonable supposition; it helps that Dasha is much more professional in her dealings with the commander than Zofia turned out to be.

Quote:
Also, Selvaria in Nadia's uniform.
Quite workable. Professional, yet appealing without being, well, trashy.

Quote:
Good point abou Burton, given the Allied situation, they need more then just Tanya. Perhaps the Colonel would make up for Tanya's shortcomings vs vehicles?
I'd thought about that, but I couldn't find a way to square that with the concept of this Burton being more of a stealthy operative than a brute-force unit. Should you devise an appropriate 'solution', feel free to share it... maybe an EMP grenade that disables vehicles for a short time?
Anyways, something else occured to me: if, in this universe, one of the Imperial black programs involves 'Artificial Valkyrur'... let's say it's gotten to the point where the AVTs (Artificial Valkyrur Troopers; seen in VC2) are being fielded in a limited fashion ('operational testing detachments'). Well, if those weapons can be carried by infantry, some bright spark might get the idea of mounting them on Jeep-analogues (packs of which would make devastating raid units) or even as main armament on MBTs... in which latter situation they'd benefit from better targeting gear (improved range and accuracy) and cooling systems (higher fire rate).
Old 2009-11-26, 13:25   Link #269
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Poison? You bitch!
Shortly after Sel gets fed up with Max using her like a tool. See also, Soviet ending, RA1.

AVTs... hmm... how would those stack up against next-gen Tesla weapons? (Given how the Allies have basically lost, and how Alicia isn't effective against the Soviets.) Imperial counter to Tesla weapons, perhaps?
Old 2009-11-26, 13:54   Link #270
itrytofight

Smile

Quote:
Shortly after Sel gets fed up with Max using her like a tool. See also, Soviet ending, RA1.

AVTs... hmm... how would those stack up against next-gen Tesla weapons? (Given how the Allies have basically lost, and how Alicia isn't effective against the Soviets.) Imperial counter to Tesla weapons, perhaps?
I guess that'll be an effective counter. If only the Imps had a counter for air craft (unless the Allies use them as a proxy in fighting the Soviets, then they have to provide some sort of anti-aircraft weapon).

I also think the Artificial Valkyria Weaponry would work very much like Pin-Point Townes's (A Zero Hour General) laser beam tanks, Jeeps, and turrets. In this way it'd probably match at least against the Tesla tanks and other Tesla weaponry the Soviets use (though there has yet to be a infantry unit using lasing tech, unless you count the Japanese Imperials and their anti-tank units).

On another topic, is it alright if I can use your C&C/VC fanfic idea for a couple of oneshots? I have a couple of ideas but I want your permission first.
Old 2009-11-26, 14:07   Link #271
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Sure, go ahead, just so long as you give a link.

Your idea of Artificial Valkyria tech as a LASER surrogate is interesting, to say the least. The Imps certainly could have their own General Townes.
Old 2009-11-26, 15:10   Link #272
Firefly00

Quote:
It might be that in this continuity that the two technologies are at similar stages of development... it's just that the Soviets have gotten to the 'operational testing' phase first, meaning the Imperials will have to play catch-up. Which in turn might lead to dangerous shortcuts being taken on their end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrytofight View Post
If only the Imps had a counter for air craft (unless the Allies use them as a proxy in fighting the Soviets, then they have to provide some sort of anti-aircraft weapon).
We know that, for reasons touched upon elsewhere, the VC world never clued in to the potential presented by aircraft... and therefore, as you point out, never developed triple-A. If the Soviet commander realizes this early on he (or she) can fully exploit this oversight. Like, for instance, introducing the Gallians to the fun that is airmobile assault... for instance, a quartet of Hinds, each carrying an octet of fully-geared soldiers in addition to their own ordnance, can do wonders for general hell-raising in rear areas. Hell, a particularly well-planned and audacious example thereof might be able to do what the Imperials tried in canon and decapitate the Gallian National Command Authority...
Consider, too, the advantages this initial air supremacy affords in terms of reconnaissance... the Soviets can see and react to everything the Gallians do, long before contact is actually made on the ground.
Sure, the Gallians can get a jump-start in the triple-A thanks to sharing technology with the Allies and/or reverse-engineering Soviet tech (a key item, aside from targeting systems, being fast-traverse high-elevation turrets), but the Imperials are going to have a harder time of it.
Old 2009-11-26, 15:20   Link #273
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Yay! On my computer now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
It might be that in this continuity that the two technologies are at similar stages of development... it's just that the Soviets have gotten to the 'operational testing' phase first, meaning the Imperials will have to play catch-up. Which in turn might lead to dangerous shortcuts being taken on their end.
Well, I actually personally figure that we could be seeing the early bits of Red Alert 2 and 3's technologies by the time the GRA decides to try to overthrow the Soviet government, as opposed to the Gallians. I actually have a precursor to the Reaper and Sickle, the Scythe, and the AVT's would come into conflict with early versions of RA2's Tesla troopers (the current Tesla troopers actually being The Aftermath's Shock Troopers).

Quote:
We know that, for reasons touched upon elsewhere, the VC world never clued in to the potential presented by aircraft... and therefore, as you point out, never developed triple-A. If the Soviet commander realizes this early on he (or she) can fully exploit this oversight. Like, for instance, introducing the Gallians to the fun that is airmobile assault... for instance, a quartet of Hinds, each carrying an octet of fully-geared soldiers in addition to their own ordnance, can do wonders for general hell-raising in rear areas. Hell, a particularly well-planned and audacious example thereof might be able to do what the Imperials tried in canon and decapitate the Gallian National Command Authority...
Consider, too, the advantages this initial air supremacy affords in terms of reconnaissance... the Soviets can see and react to everything the Gallians do, long before contact is actually made on the ground.
Sure, the Gallians can get a jump-start in the triple-A thanks to sharing technology with the Allies and/or reverse-engineering Soviet tech (a key item, aside from targeting systems, being fast-traverse high-elevation turrets), but the Imperials are going to have a harder time of it.
If I remember correctly, way back in Chapter 3, Abolishment, Damon is actually killed by a well-placed load of Maverick Missiles from a MiG, and the Soviet Commander notes that the police would lack Anti-Aircraft weapons, does he not?

Also, if the Gallians started reverse engineering Soviet AA Systems, they would be working on Surface to Air missiles, this being the RA1 Soviets, they use SAMs, and the Allies use AA Guns.
Old 2009-11-26, 15:27   Link #274
itrytofight

Quote:
Sure, go ahead, just so long as you give a link.

Your idea of Artificial Valkyria tech as a LASER surrogate is interesting, to say the least. The Imps certainly could have their own General Townes.

Cool then, just need a list of all the Red Alert 3 Units and buidings and Generals and I'm set!

Anyways, here are the ideas of mine:

Clash of Powers: (RA3/G:ZH/VC/MW2/othes maybe)

10 full years after the GLA wars, where both sides (U.S. and China vs. the Global Liberation Army of course) fought to a standstill and agreed to an uneasy truce.

Thanks to a CIA mishap at a Russian Air Port, and many civilian deaths along with it and the addition of a Middle East Coalition (aka the former GLA) agent, the Soviet Union declares war on both the MEC and US, with surprise invasion on both.

After that, shit happens. The Federation, accusing the Soviets of "Imperialistic Ambitions", declare war and invade. Then the Imperials declare war on the Feds and ally with the Soviets, all the while accusing the Feds of "Imperialistic Ambitions". After that, the MEC then send their forces to support the Alliance, aka IED's and explosions galore from Demo Juhziz.

Then if that weren't enough, the East Asian Alliance (well, just Imperial Japan and China, the other nations, despite the many agreements they signed, try to stay the hell back) declare war on both powers and ally themselves with the US, Feds, and ,their former enemies, the MEC. Claiming that the Soviet threat must be eliminated, they invade the seemingly unpopulated Tundras of Siberia (the real reason to their involvement).

Other players that seemingly dont want to be invloved (but will) are Gallia, the Soviets and Imps try to use the tiny country to flank the Feds, the South American Union, and NATO (aka the RA3 Alliance w/out the U.S.).

And where's Squad 7 in all this!? Well in Gallia of course, trying to win a losing battle with the help Juhziz. And being the best performing unit in the Gallian Military, who else should recruit them for General SHEPHERD's multi-national task force 141 but Jarmin Kell (the main character of the one-shot)?

Clusterf#ck: (VC,RA(1 or 2?), and Generals):

Squad 7, having performed well against Imperial forces, are losing awfully badly to the Soviets even with Alliance support. On the verge of being annihilated by a pair of Mammoth Tanks, a bright light blinds them and their enemies, and then three seemingly displaced forces from yet another timeline and universe involve them with their war and, in a frenzy of chemical carrying Scuds, nuke cannons, and Raptors, cause even more confusion and chaos when it was just cleared months ago.

And it's based of RedStormTroopers fanfic too, so I gotta give him credit.

Well, what'd you think? And sorry for the extremely long post.

I'll make it up with this, it's worth the look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeta-PYg28

Last edited by itrytofight; 2009-11-26 at 15:29. Reason: minor stuff
Old 2009-11-26, 16:20   Link #275
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Cool then, just need a list of all the Red Alert 3 Units and buidings and Generals and I'm set!

Anyways, here are the ideas of mine:

Clash of Powers: (RA3/G:ZH/VC/MW2/othes maybe)

10 full years after the GLA wars, where both sides (U.S. and China vs. the Global Liberation Army of course) fought to a standstill and agreed to an uneasy truce.

Thanks to a CIA mishap at a Russian Air Port, and many civilian deaths along with it and the addition of a Middle East Coalition (aka the former GLA) agent, the Soviet Union declares war on both the MEC and US, with surprise invasion on both.

After that, shit happens. The Federation, accusing the Soviets of "Imperialistic Ambitions", declare war and invade. Then the Imperials declare war on the Feds and ally with the Soviets, all the while accusing the Feds of "Imperialistic Ambitions". After that, the MEC then send their forces to support the Alliance, aka IED's and explosions galore from Demo Juhziz.

Then if that weren't enough, the East Asian Alliance (well, just Imperial Japan and China, the other nations, despite the many agreements they signed, try to stay the hell back) declare war on both powers and ally themselves with the US, Feds, and ,their former enemies, the MEC. Claiming that the Soviet threat must be eliminated, they invade the seemingly unpopulated Tundras of Siberia (the real reason to their involvement).

Other players that seemingly dont want to be invloved (but will) are Gallia, the Soviets and Imps try to use the tiny country to flank the Feds, the South American Union, and NATO (aka the RA3 Alliance w/out the U.S.).

And where's Squad 7 in all this!? Well in Gallia of course, trying to win a losing battle with the help Juhziz. And being the best performing unit in the Gallian Military, who else should recruit them for General SHEPHERD's multi-national task force 141 but Jarmin Kell (the main character of the one-shot)?
Hmm... I've never played MW2, but the overall plot seems to be similar, I think. Also, it's "GLA", not MEC, unless it's also BF2 in there. A comprehensive list of the units from RA3 can be found Here. Will you be using the Uprising units as well (Reapers, Mortar Cycles, Harbinger Gunships, Giga-fortresses)?

Quote:
Clusterf#ck: (VC,RA(1 or 2?), and Generals):

Squad 7, having performed well against Imperial forces, are losing awfully badly to the Soviets even with Alliance support. On the verge of being annihilated by a pair of Mammoth Tanks, a bright light blinds them and their enemies, and then three seemingly displaced forces from yet another timeline and universe involve them with their war and, in a frenzy of chemical carrying Scuds, nuke cannons, and Raptors, cause even more confusion and chaos when it was just cleared months ago.

And it's based of RedStormTroopers fanfic too, so I gotta give him credit.

Well, what'd you think? And sorry for the extremely long post.

I'll make it up with this, it's worth the look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeta-PYg28
Hmm... The question, being that, if you plan to use the Unit quotes from VC, Generals, and RA1/2, then I wonder how you intend to rip the VC ones (Generals, RA1 and RA2 are simple enough, with programs like XCC Mixer and FinalBIG.)
Old 2009-11-26, 16:29   Link #276
itrytofight

Quote:
Hmm... I've never played MW2, but the overall plot seems to be similar, I think. Also, it's "GLA", not MEC, unless it's also BF2 in there. A comprehensive list of the units from RA3 can be found Here. Will you be using the Uprising units as well (Reapers, Mortar Cycles, Harbinger Gunships, Giga-fortresses)?

Hmm... The question, being that, if you plan to use the Unit quotes from VC, Generals, and RA1/2, then I wonder how you intend to rip the VC ones (Generals, RA1 and RA2 are simple enough, with programs like XCC Mixer and FinalBIG.)
Ummm, just to let you know I didn't make that youtube video, thought it was worth sharing though. It's pretty funny though isn't it?

And in the story "Clash of Powers", the MEC used to be the GLA, but they did away with the GLA name when they took firm control of the Middle East and North Africa. So yeah, BF2 influence too.

Oh, and thanks for the link, though I have alot of pages to save now.

Thankfully I have four days off to do this! Yay Thanksgiving break!

And Modern Warfare 2 looks like it's worth playing, though it has a short single player as demonstrated by someone I watch play it (he said he beat it in two sittings).

Last edited by itrytofight; 2009-11-26 at 16:31. Reason: Modern Warfare 2 edit.
Old 2009-11-26, 16:44   Link #277
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Ummm, just to let you know I didn't make that youtube video, thought it was worth sharing though. It's pretty funny though isn't it?
Aaaaah... Given this is the Internet, can't be too sure.

Quote:
And in the story "Clash of Powers", the MEC used to be the GLA, but they did away with the GLA name when they took firm control of the Middle East and North Africa. So yeah, BF2 influence too.
Hmm... Well, OK then. I'll admit, the only BF games I've played are Heroes, and 1942

Quote:
Oh, and thanks for the link, though I have alot of pages to save now.

Thankfully I have four days off to do this! Yay Thanksgiving break!

And Modern Warfare 2 looks like it's worth playing, though it has a short single player as demonstrated by someone I watch play it (he said he beat it in two sittings).
I'll confess, I'm more into strategy games. Especially if I get the challenge of trying to keep my troops alive (Tactical games). Shooters occasionally (TF2, Renegade, BF1942/Heroes).

(Lucky so-and-so. I only get three days off. I'm home-schooled.)

---

Back on track, what would Squad 7 make of being in a situation akin to Supreme Commander... That's an image. Welkin in an ACU... but would he be UEF, Cybran, or Aeon?
Old 2009-11-27, 13:16   Link #278
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Good god... Here I go again with the double posting.

Chapter Six, Militant Force, is now up. Fun Fact: Militant Force, according to Frank Klepacki's site (creatively enough, frankklepacki.com) is the music used for the score screen during the campain.

Spoiler for 'Militant Force' spoilers:
Old 2009-11-27, 15:38   Link #279
itrytofight

Alright, think I just all the info i could use to at least write a oneshot, though I still need to get info on Uprising units and theres also the inclusion of C&C Generals Shockwave mod too.... ehhh, I get to them later.

Hopefully I'll have it done by tommorow afternoon.

Quote:
Good god... Here I go again with the double posting.

Chapter Six, Militant Force, is now up. Fun Fact: Militant Force, according to Frank Klepacki's site (creatively enough, frankklepacki.com) is the music used for the score screen during the campain.

Spoiler for 'Militant Force' spoilers:
Don't know what to name it, maybe the same maiden name as it's predeccesor (I mean the Edelwiess, since it seems to be destroyed).
Old 2009-11-27, 15:56   Link #280
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Well, A9 stated that the M1954 Crusader tank was developed from the M1 Abrams, not the Edelweiss, and its (the M1954) completely different. As such, it should have a different name.

Also, I look forward to seeing how Squad 7 fairs in a more Generalsesque setting. There are some musings near the start of the thread about VC at today's tech level.

Tags
fanfiction