AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 01:30   Link #581
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, Livebearer was a good villain. Short-lived, totally immersing with his games and facial expressions and got a redeeming feature at the end of his arc (which I can't wait to see animated ).

As for Tommyrod, I'm expecting him to last longer than
Spoiler for DB:
he probably had the best fight in Toriko, would be a shame to bring him back only as a side character dish.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 14:25   Link #582
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
I'm hoping it's not really Midora. o_o
Same here. If this guy is Midora then there is no way Toriko going to live out of his way in that sort of situation. Or maybe Midora would just show some pity and then they will leave. But we haven't heard from Stanjun for a long time. I'm thinking that there is a possibility that Stanjun's outer appearance changed just like Ootake and turned into like Midora lol. But seriously that was a really good fighting chapter. I'm seeing that mangaka keeping quaility as high as possible since he gained so much popularity since last two years. I don't mind if the some arcs ends up like that with awesome and intense fights and as for master chinchin... I hope he is not dead yet T_T''

ps: man Komatsu is not battling type so how is he going to fight againist his rival Ootake in the future. It makes no sense if he stays like this and then get killed or injured by random person. Yeah he has good weapon but he doesn't have enough skill to swing that thing around. I don't think food honor training helped him to improve that much in the recent chapters. I hope he seriously starts to think and build up some fighting skills on his own in the future chapters.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:53   Link #583
marvelB

Next raw + spoiler summary is out:

Spoiler for Toriko 191:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:02   Link #584
ShiroiRyu

WOWOW !
Did you saw the vote pole at Mangastream One Piece scans ?
Toriko is first ! Oo
Old 2012-06-13, 14:03   Link #585
marvelB

^Can't really say that I have the most respect for MS (sloppy translations being the least of their problems, but I'm glad to know that Toriko is as popular as it is (and for good reason!).

Anyhow, no translated chapter yet as far as I know, but I did find some rather interesting info: Looks like there was a bit of data on Livebearer in volume 19. It would seem that the creepy chef boss is only 32 years old! And just as I was with Zebra, I'm shocked to know that a character turned out to be younger than they appear.....
Old 2012-06-13, 19:00   Link #586
ShiroiRyu

Translation is out now !
And wow ...
Was not that expected. XD

Spoiler for 191:
Old 2012-06-13, 21:50   Link #587
Battler-kun

Next arc is definitely gonna focus on Komatsu.

No fucking way that he is now ready for the Gourmet World.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 01:32   Link #588
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post

^, hopefully.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 04:04   Link #589
Aesthetic Shampoo

Speaking of Komatsu, didn't he just get stabbed a few chapters back? What happened to that, or is it just that no one cares about him
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 04:24   Link #590
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He got stabbed with a healing knife, the same that was used on Chin in this chapter. I expect Ootake (totally saw his combo coming) to be Komatsu's measuring stick and proof that food luck isn't really what makes a great chef. Glad to see Chiyo hurt so bad, it gives off that warm and fuzzy feeling deep inside...

I've noticed that through the series, the four heavenly kings have been progressing at an equal level; Zebra was the strongest of the four, Coco had the meteor garlic, Sani learned to use his instinct and got Quinn, etc. However, I think that Toriko's food honour places him at the current top, so how will the others catch up to him?
Old 2012-06-14, 12:50   Link #591
marvelB

Quote:

Y'know, even if the scene mostly served as a gag, I always thought that there may have been some significance to Komatsu getting powered up from the Meteor Garlic. I mean, if you combine that with his recent food honor training, then you could say that his body may be partway ready for the GW after all. I have my doubts about him pulling an Ootake and getting himself doped with gourmet cells, though.....
Old 2012-06-14, 15:21   Link #592
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kinda OT but is anyone hoping to see Franky in the search for mellow cola in the anime?
Old 2012-06-14, 17:47   Link #593
xellos2099

Quote:

I think the idea will be that Komatsu will need to have gourmet cell inside his body to survive gourmet world.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 11:36   Link #594
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Komatsu will not need gourmet cell implanted into his body. Because he is not that sort of character. What makes Toriko and Komatsu combo most popular is that their unique character. Toriko will be always the character who will improve and polish his skills by the help of his gourment cells but Komatsu on the other hand will naturally polish his skills. I'm saying naturally so he will find a new ways and I'm sure master Chin and other characters will help him in the process.

Anyways I'm glad and as I stated above that guy who is on the giant fish didn't become the Midora himself and as I expected he turned out to be Stanjun which totally fullfiled my previous expectations. New improved and upgraded GT Robots looks dreadful and they are ready to battle with Gourmet World creatures since they can now totally direct their presence through robot itself. Stanjun totally turned out to be like Midora which makes him so cool and now he is my second favorite villian in the series and Ootake have food luck? Then that means Komatsu and Ootake going to have some nice competetion in the gourment world to see who is better to obtain the most delicious foods.

So next chapter will be quite interesting since master Chin going to reveal some shocking truths about Ootake and Chiyo-san.

ps: As a side note Stanjun said that he suffered fatal wound from his fight with "old man". I wonder if he is refering to "Ichiryu" or "Midora". So I'm kinda confused here.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:17   Link #595
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's Chiyo who said that.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:05   Link #596
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
It's Chiyo who said that.
I'm talking about page 15 where Chiyo holds her fatal injury. You said it's Chiyo who said that yeah that makes sense but if you look at speech bubble I think it's clearly Stanjun is the one who is talking in that page. It's such a confusing page or it is just me anyways thanks for the reply =)
Old 2012-06-20, 08:45   Link #597
marvelB

Anybody else hungry for some new spoilers?

Spoiler for Toriko 192:

Boy, I sure can't wait for the translation!
Old 2012-06-20, 13:12   Link #598
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, I was 100% certain that Toriko made the bubble fruit an extinct species a chapter or two ago...anyway, delicious spoilers *_*
Old 2012-06-20, 13:24   Link #599
marvelB

Actually, having read a translation of the chapter's script, there's a few corrections that need to be made:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-20, 14:32   Link #600
ellifeedn
Thinker

Wait,
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen