AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 13:40   Link #41
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

In my opinion the dubbing for FMA, and Cowboy Bebop were done really well. Another series where I thought the dubbing was good was Steel Angel Kurumi (season 1, including the OVA). For decent dubbing yet needs lots of improvement is RC Tsubasa. Other than that most dubbing isn't that amazing but there are a few dubbed series that are great.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 14:16   Link #42
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Since I am from latinamerican procedence, I'll try to sum up what I watched here on TV.

As for the BEST DUB, my pick is for You're Under Arrest, I believe some company from chile made the Dub, and I need to say, it's fantastic, the voices really fit the characters, they're pretty much like the original ones (the japanese ones). Also, the OPs and EDs are usually dubbed too, and in this particular case the singers really did their best, and the translation is almost perfect.

And as for the worst dub..... well.... pretty much all of the other latinamerican dubs sucks. Not that I really care since I only watch anime in its original language.
orange.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 12:39   Link #43
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Onegai Teacher (Please teacher) has always been my fave dub, I like
its also the only dub i have sat through

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 16:16   Link #44
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I liked the Soul Eater dub. It fits the characters' voices very well within the japanese version, the same go for Black Butler. Naruto has decent dub too. Most french dubs are either faithful to the japanese version or not at all, but nowadays many of them go to the former choice.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 16:41   Link #45
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Damn so disappointing to see no one mentioned Haibane Renmei. In fact I preferred dub over sub.

I would also say Baccano because all the actors were using dialects that were correct to 1930's era. It helped with immersion and experience.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 08:59   Link #46
FireChick

Haibane Renmei
Shounen Onmyouji
Anything by FUNimation (Ouran, Nabari no Ou, and Sasami Magical Girl Club being notable cases)
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 09:54   Link #47
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I have always enjoyed the Yu Yu Hakusho english dub. In fact, it's one of the few dubs I actually like BETTER than the original japanese audio. Go figure.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:13   Link #48
YayPepsi

Tenchi Muyo - I love Ryoko's English voice actress. She's amazing and to me, THE voice of the character. I can't imagine Ryoko sounding any other way (it's a shame that they couldn't get her back for the 3rd OVA.) Everyone else is pretty good too, especially Washu and Sasami's VA.

Outlaw Star - They're all great, the voices are all fitting. I especially love Aisha ClanClan's VA, she is hilarious in the role and a lot funnier (and more fitting IMO) than the original Japanese VA. She actually sounds like how a cat would if it could talk.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:58   Link #49
tag1981

I could name alot but Ghost Story has to be the most memorable. English dubbed script is completely different from the sub.

Hajime: "Did she say she'd suck us off for a Scooby snack?"
Reo: "She said she'll suck us off for a Scooby snack."
Keiichirou: "I don't know what that is but I want it too."

ROFLMAO

Baka to Test is another great one.

Last edited by tag1981; 2012-02-03 at 01:13.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:57   Link #50
hinakatbklyn

I'll also vouch for the Ghost Story dub. Totally different from the original, and very entertaining (funny).
Papuwa was another entertaining dub (especially when it involved the supporting characters).

A seriously good dub where I thought almost all the voices matched the characters (and the timeline the series was based on) would be Chrono Crusade.
Old 2012-02-04, 08:21   Link #51
solomon

Yu YU Hakusho is really fun dubbed, the main cast is great.

FMA is an excellent dub piece.

I still love Bebop (I don't think Wendee Lee has done any better work) Big O is really good, GITS SAC, Outlaw Star.

Bandai made a lot of good stuff particularly stuff they used ZRO Limit and ANimaze for.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 14:53   Link #52
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Seems a lot of people love FMA's dub but I have to say I strongly strongly STRONGLY prefer Paku Romi for Ed over Vic Migno-however you spell his name.
I don't think he fits Ed, he has a huge ego, and he is EXTREMELY OVER-USED as a dubbing actor!

Quote:
I liked the Soul Eater dub. It fits the characters' voices very well within the japanese version,
It's all right. Stein's voice acting is really flat though. I'd choose the sub, overall.
Quote:
the same go for Black Butler.
That one's full of win.

Chiibi's Updated Full list of Preferred Dubs over Subs:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Tenchi Muyo
Shinesman
Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Panic
Axis Powers Hetalia
Mahou Sensei Negima
B Gata H Kei
Nightwalker
Sorceror Stabber Orphen
Nerima Daikon Brothers

Dubs that are equally good as the subs
Outlaw Star
Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Chrono Crusade
Princess Tutu
Petite Princess Yucie
Gundam Wing
FLCL

I so cannot wait for the dub of Panty&Stocking With Garterbelt. Funi's scriptwriters are already known for making dialogue ten times more outrageous that it originally was. PSG is already shockingly vulgar on its own. If Funi treats this script the same way they treat their other comedies, the record Black Lagoon holds for Biggest Usage of the Word "F*ck" For a Dubbed Anime is going to be CRUSHED.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-02-05 at 15:31.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 19:19   Link #53
Lost Cause

The Patlabor Movies! The cast they assembled for the original dud was fantastic especially Goto! Unfortunately they re-dubbed them and they SUCK!><
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 16:44   Link #54
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awr3jvbkjPk
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 02:53   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I so cannot wait for the dub of Panty&Stocking With Garterbelt. Funi's scriptwriters are already known for making dialogue ten times more outrageous that it originally was. PSG is already shockingly vulgar on its own. If Funi treats this script the same way they treat their other comedies, the record Black Lagoon holds for Biggest Usage of the Word "F*ck" For a Dubbed Anime is going to be CRUSHED.
That will be f*cking epic.

*goes off to watch Hetalia for the millionth time*
Old 2012-02-07, 13:33   Link #56
tag1981

Quote:
Seems a lot of people love FMA's dub but I have to say I strongly strongly STRONGLY prefer Paku Romi for Ed over Vic Migno-however you spell his name.
I don't think he fits Ed, he has a huge ego, and he is EXTREMELY OVER-USED as a dubbing actor!

It's all right. Stein's voice acting is really flat though. I'd choose the sub, overall.

That one's full of win.

Chiibi's Updated Full list of Preferred Dubs over Subs:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Tenchi Muyo
Shinesman
Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Panic
Axis Powers Hetalia
Mahou Sensei Negima
B Gata H Kei
Nightwalker
Sorceror Stabber Orphen
Nerima Daikon Brothers

Dubs that are equally good as the subs
Outlaw Star
Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Chrono Crusade
Princess Tutu
Petite Princess Yucie
Gundam Wing
FLCL

B Gata H Kei got dubbed? Anyone know where I can watch that at?
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 13:49   Link #57
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
That will be f*cking epic.
It sure as hell f*cking will.

Quote:
B Gata H Kei got dubbed? Anyone know where I can watch that at?
You can watch episodes 1-3 on Funimation's website.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:16   Link #58
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
Quote:
It sure as hell f*cking will.

You can watch episodes 1-3 on Funimation's website.
i have funi channel on uverse and they just started showing that on Fri nights. The odd thing is I've also been watching Fairy Tail and still fresh on my mind Sacred Blacksmith, so cecily = lucy = f-shita
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:41   Link #59
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

So far I have to say Gundam 00's English dub.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 02:09   Link #60
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

I hope I don't get thrown out of the community for saying this (I'm kidding) but I'm one of those weird guys who always wants to find the dub. Don't get me wrong, the japanese voice actors have a certain child like charm to them that I do enjoy, but I've come to like, know alot of the american voice actors. And my absolute favorite of all time is Luci Christian, her Ran Kotobuki is AMAZING, her Princess Tutu is awesome, I can't imagine Kanami Chiteri as herself if Luci Christian isn't doing the voice.... So yeah, if Luci Christian is in it, you best believe I'll be watching the dub!