Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 06:28   Link #1
Neesan
Banned

Please Recommend me anime titles to watch

I would like some recommendations for anime titles to watch.
Preferable:

- Not anything related with school drama/plots that is something that im sick of
- Something with adventure, mistery, lots of decent action and with unexpected actions from the characters (friendship/love sacrifices and similar)

Thanks

Last edited by Neesan; 2008-08-30 at 10:01.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:55   Link #2
blewin

Eureka Seven - unique setting and a fresh take on mecha, with the entire Coralian mystery thing, hilarious, great action and unexpected love interest.

Last Exile - airship setting, so expect plenty of flying, racing and hairy moments. Mystery surrounding the Guild, a certain place and a past.

Scrapped Princess - great mix of fantasy/sci-fic. Expect more than decent fights, magic. Mystery surrounding the existence of the main character and some otherworldly creatures.
Old 2008-08-23, 20:56   Link #3
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesan View Post
- Something with adventure, mistery, lots of decent action and with unexpected actions from the characters (friendship/love sacrifices and similar)

Thanks
Claymore - its everything you just said, adventrure, misery, good action and friendship+sacrifice...and it doesnt involve schools in any way

26 episodes of anime goodness
Old 2008-08-23, 21:16   Link #4
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

tengen toppa gurren lagann... action, comedy, drama, and a slice of romance all stuffed into one crazy action packed joy ride. you will either really like it, or love it.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-08-30, 10:00   Link #5
Neesan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
Claymore - its everything you just said, adventrure, misery, good action and friendship+sacrifice...and it doesnt involve schools in any way

26 episodes of anime goodness
Watched it already..thousands of times
I even have a full site about it.
Actually when i started this thread i had Claymore in mind
Old 2008-08-30, 10:11   Link #6
shonosuke

Scrapped princess
Elfen lied
Kenshin
hunter x hunter
Old 2008-08-30, 11:23   Link #7
Echoes

Quote:
Something with adventure, mistery, lots of decent action and with unexpected actions from the characters (friendship/love sacrifices and similar)
Berserk sounds just about perfect. It has every you just asked for, and then some. It actually fits so amazingly well I'm afraid you might've already seen it.
Old 2008-08-31, 05:08   Link #8
2JoShUa2

Naruto
Naruto closely follows the life of a boy who is feared and detested by the villagers of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. The distrust of the boy has little to do with the boy himself, but it’s what’s inside him that causes anxiety. Long before Naruto came to be, a Kyuubi (demon fox) with great fury and power waged war taking many lives. The battle ensued for a long time until a man known as the Fourth Hokage, Yondaime, the strongest ninja in Konoha, fiercely fought the Kyuubi. The fight was soon won by Yondaime as he sealed the evil demon in a human body. Thus the boy, Naruto, was born. As Naruto grows he decides to become the strongest ninja in Konoha in an effort to show everyone that he is not as they perceive him to be, but is a human being worthy of love and admiration. But the road to becoming Hokage, the title for the strongest ninja in Konoha, is a long and arduous one. It is a path filled with betrayal, pain, and loss; but with hard work, Naruto may achieve Hokage.
Old 2008-08-31, 07:50   Link #9
Neesan
Banned

Im inspecting the scrapped hime, makes me remember El Hazard which i enjoyed... about naruto i never saw it, but im not a fan of the style of series like bleach, naruto, Saiyuki and similar so it might be a no go...

Last edited by Neesan; 2008-08-31 at 08:08.
Old 2008-08-31, 08:37   Link #10
nozomi vamp
Big guns, small brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JoShUa2 View Post
Naruto
Naruto closely follows the life of a boy who is feared and detested by the villagers of the hidden leaf village of Konoha. The distrust of the boy has little to do with the boy himself, but it’s what’s inside him that causes anxiety. Long before Naruto came to be, a Kyuubi (demon fox) with great fury and power waged war taking many lives. The battle ensued for a long time until a man known as the Fourth Hokage, Yondaime, the strongest ninja in Konoha, fiercely fought the Kyuubi. The fight was soon won by Yondaime as he sealed the evil demon in a human body. Thus the boy, Naruto, was born. As Naruto grows he decides to become the strongest ninja in Konoha in an effort to show everyone that he is not as they perceive him to be, but is a human being worthy of love and admiration. But the road to becoming Hokage, the title for the strongest ninja in Konoha, is a long and arduous one. It is a path filled with betrayal, pain, and loss; but with hard work, Naruto may achieve Hokage.
personnally i hate the naruto and bleach anime because it branches of and then somehow magically teleports back to the main story it makes me angry

as for good anime Desert Punk, Spirits Within, and Appleseed Exmachinia

Desert Punk is kind pervy but hilarious. basically desert punk is a bounty hunter who has a rep. for finishing every and any job given to him. first job of the anime he gets robbed out from a big boobed chick and she becomes the archrival, later gets robbed out of another job from a chick and her dad that borrowed money and never gave it back were desert punk fights Rain spider. so it pretty good i only seen the first to DVDs but i had good laughs.

Spirits within is a final fantasy movie with crazy "ghosts" that can kill you by going through you and you can't see them unless you use some flare like thing. But this is a movie so you may have to look harder

Appleseed Exmachina is also a movie with cyborgs, humans, and clones called bioroids. The main charaters are part of a police task force that fight to keep the peace. somehow or another the world was destroyed so everybody lives in little colonies, a "puppeteer" makes a device that can control people using it when a radio wave is sent through it so the elite task force has to go to the source of the controls and shut it down.
Old 2008-09-02, 08:33   Link #11
Purple Madness
Get Your Ass to Mars!!

These are the series I plan to watch as soon as the ones I'm currently watching end (PC is full so in order to watch something, I have to delete something else)
So take your pick

Hataraki Man
Honey and Clover
Genshiken
Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture
Air Gear
Ghost Hunt
Jigoku Shōjo: Futakomori
Futari Ecchi
Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Vampire Knight
Suzuka
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
If I see you In My Dreams

Last edited by Purple Madness; 2008-09-02 at 14:49.
Old 2008-09-02, 19:50   Link #12
kanon78
Confederate

.."Something with adventure, mistery, lots of decent action and with unexpected actions from the characters (friendship/love sacrifices and similar)"..

Maybe the following ones fit your description:
- Fate stay night
- Wolfs rain
- Mushi uta
Old 2008-09-03, 08:27   Link #13
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
how about Bounen no Xam'd?

Although it has a school school at the beginning which is quickly erased. It has some angst and currently there are two sides of main characters.

one side is the main character which he is separated from the other side a girl, which seem to be his love interest.
Old 2008-09-04, 23:51   Link #14
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Since you've already mentioned Claymore, I'd recommend Berserk or Basilisk. There's little to no comedy in these, but they're too awesome to pass up. Enjoy!
Old 2008-09-05, 00:35   Link #15
marinne14

el cazador de la bruja