AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 08:07   Link #41
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Really? All the projects are "abandoned" except Haruhi?

I never knew that!

How come no one tell me these things?

I'm always the last to know.....

I think he's saying that there are huge gaps between updates rather than the projects being dead.

If someone translates this, I'd be happy to raep ur txt w/ my nub editor skillz help edit pages with my spare time.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 17:32   Link #42
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I think he's saying that there are huge gaps between updates rather than the projects being dead.

heh. "huge gaps"?

Is that American English for "Time" ?

Maybe we should put a count down clock to time each updates, perhaps it will help show the readers how much free time it takes for each project to meet their unscheduled unquoted deadlines....on time?

I'm sure we offer the very best unpaid dollar per word/hour rates then any other novel translation group/community....or no money back guarantee! We promise!

As the Bakemonogatari novel translation project, we hope to allocate at leased 80% of our sizeable unpaid funding to this, hopefully helping to buy the best non-professional translators no money can buy!

/sarcasm

As the not-assigned-Administrator for this project, I have no hesitation to promote this novel and hope that more readers will be interested in reading the original novel, which our friendly member Velocity7 seems to be eager to thrust into the lime light.

As stated in some of the previous topics on the anime episodes some of the dialogue were significantly edited from the scenes depicted in the script.

While the Anime does an admirable attempt to develop Senjougahara character, after reading some of the pages from the first volume, I have to say Senjougahara has a much more sharper wit, in a crucial sense she blends a hybrid of Yuki, (in the blunt nature of her remarks) The sarcasm and humour of Kyon and boldness of Haruhi. (Yes I know, I'm making quite a bias comparison, but its the only other novel I've extensively read).

While i won't quote any of the lines here, (don't want to spoil anything, or use spoiler tags, since it's not clear what is the line any more)

Sufficient to say, it does have a possibility to be a very interesting read, considering that some of the Haruhiist have been most recently disappointed with the 2nd series start of Haruhi. It might very well be in demand.

however, if I can convince our star translator, (who single handedly translated the first five volumes of Haruhi within two months!) to be interested in this series....well....

we will see if this becomes as big as Haruhi.
Old 2009-08-16, 19:10   Link #43
zato_1one

You can count me in. I'm definitely interesting to read the novel. Senjougahara is already very impressive in anime. IMO If you said that she is even better than that in the novel then I really can't wait to read it.

I've re-watched episode 2 again from Koharubi in order to read Japanese texts on the background. gg didn't translate them. Something is mentioned about Senjougahara's illness. It said that she have a demon's right hand and a god's left hand. Do they have any deep meaning?

Old 2009-08-16, 20:05   Link #44
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Something is mentioned about Senjougahara's illness. It said that she have a demon's right hand and a god's left hand. Do they have any deep meaning?
I don't think there is. Just another random writing by Shaft. The novel only says it's a famous disease with 10% survival rate, Senjougahara is just lucky enough to be one of that 10%. (Although, there're some speculation that, since Kai'i exist in the world, Senjougahara may really survived because her mother's frantic religion.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 00:41   Link #45
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Having finally finished reading Kizumonogatari, I have to say that I really hope they get someone else to do Shinobu's voice when they animate the parts where she actually speaks. No matter how I look at it I can't see how Hirano Aya can pull it off. I haven't seen anything from her that shows the gravitas needed for Heart and Blade's part.

P.S. Has she done an evil cackle in anything that she's be in?

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 02:19   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
P.S. Has she done an evil cackle in anything that she's be in?
Garnet MacLaine, though I don't think she cackled, is, I believe, Aya Hirano's only villain role.

Don't underestimate Hirano. She's actually really talented, just that she can't seem to get decent roles...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 10:30   Link #47
aulzon

Props to the guy doing the translations. After reading the first two chapters, if you had no sense of what's going on later (like during Bakemonogatari), it felt like Araragi was going to end up with Hanekawa. I mean they had a very shounen romance-eque first encounter.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:38   Link #48
ickem
シェリルの為に!

I translated this small passage for someone else, but I figured I may as well post it here for anyone who wants to see it. It's from just before the climatic battle in Kizumonogatari. It's pretty funny in a perverted way, but be warned that it's depressing made me realize that my life was meaningless.

Spoiler for click this at your own peril:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-22, 22:54   Link #49
aulzon

Quote:
I translated this small passage for someone else, but I figured I may as well post it here for anyone who wants to see it. It's from just before the climatic battle in Kizumonogatari. It's pretty funny in a perverted way, but be warned that it's depressing made me realize that my life was meaningless.

Araragi acts so innocent too.. I really hope SHAFT does this part with an OVA.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:58   Link #50
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Araragi acts so innocent too.. I really hope SHAFT does this part with an OVA.
Well, he is a gentleman.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-23, 01:35   Link #51
zato_1one

Quote:

This really makes me wonder how they don't end up being a couple. Now, I feel what he said to Senjougahara about his relationship with Hanekawa in Episode 2 was really mean to Hanekawa. What a heartless man.

I'm not sure if he was real innocent or real pervert.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:51   Link #52
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
This really makes me wonder how they don't end up being a couple. Now, I feel what he said to Senjougahara about his relationship with Hanekawa in Episode 2 was really mean to Hanekawa. What a heartless man.

I'm not sure if he was real innocent or real pervert.
Well, he did end up doing nothing even after all that. And he's just real pervert.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-23, 15:55   Link #53
Lummie

Quote:
After Bakemonigatari ends, Hitagi asks for Hanekawa's help in trying to change since Hanekawa had already done so with herself. Part of the deal seems to have been that Hitagi had to become a pupil of sorts i.e. Hanekawa could use coercion. In one part of Nise, Hitagi held Koyomi captive when she was trying to protect him and wouldn't let him leave even after getting an important text message from his sister. So Hanekawa called and ended up getting Hitagi not only to let Koyomi go, but to apologize as well. We only hear Hitagi's side of the conversation, but she buckles pretty easily.
Why was she trying to protect him and from who? Sorry but i couldn't find the answer in this thread.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 16:32   Link #54
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Why was she trying to protect him and from who? Sorry but i couldn't find the answer in this thread.
Spoiler for for future arcs:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-23, 16:46   Link #55
Lummie

Quote:
Spoiler for for future arcs:
Thanks for answering my question ^_^

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-23, 17:06   Link #56
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Thanks for answering my question ^_^

Spoiler:
Spoiler for blah:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-23, 17:11   Link #57
Lummie

Quote:
Spoiler for blah:
I c, now i've got a clear pic on the situation. Thanks for sharing ickem, it's really appreciated.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:10   Link #58
tsunade666

I know it will be a big spoiler but what did happen after that

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 10:39   Link #59
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I know it will be a big spoiler but what did happen after that

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.
Spoiler for nise 1:

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2009-08-29, 00:50   Link #60
tsunade666

hmmmm. I wish they will do nisemonogatari as 2nd seaon and add up the next book with it. I'm not familiar with it but I think theirs 2 more books beside bakemonogatari.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance