AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-09, 12:29   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good aftertoon ladies and gentlemen. That was a good little nap. So what's the chance the remaiining Ichigo fights are are revisited from where it left off in the last week's episode? There is THE fight with Grimjow, then there is the guy with the sheath, and then Mr. Ulqui. That should cover up this week's 20 minute slot with few seconds to spare where Aizen-sama is given the opportunity to chime in, "I have been watching you all your life Ichigo...., you sexy piece of man candy." The episode ends. So... how far off the mark am I? I guess I'll never know.

Enjoy!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-11-09, 12:39   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I cant wait for the next 2 episodes

is it me or does the new opening just taunt us with Nel showing up? its like "Hi, Remmeber this babe? Haha well TOO BAD! HAHAHA!"
Old 2010-11-09, 12:57   Link #3
Suryce

I'm surprised that they didn't end the episode with the same cliffhanger than the manga.
Spoiler for manga and next episode:

And it would have need less than 10 more seconds to do it.

Otherwise, it has to be noted that they clarify the thing about the "a human and...". In the manga, it was not clear what Aizen was talking about.

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-11-11 at 18:47. Reason: Read the first post properly, thanks!
Old 2010-11-09, 14:43   Link #4
Fran~
floating away...

Nah, the manga was clear enough... but i must be honest and say that the line about "keeping the distance is in his blood" makes a lot of sense.

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2010-11-09, 14:50   Link #5
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

things i deduced from this episode:

1. aizen likes to watch bleach on a 354 inch tv
2. aizen is probably the riddler
3. bleach can still be funny as hell when ishiin is around
4. classic rule of shonen: protagonist is almost always "just strong enough" to beat an enemy
5. gin's end face is the creepiest face in bleach so far
6. never payed too much attention to the intro... but reveal much?

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-11-09, 15:05   Link #6
Lumir

I knew his father was comming in soon. Wonder about ishida's father and that mystery.

As for ichigo, hes part human and part hallow IMO. Kinda proven since he didnt need to hear aizen say the last bit. All of his hallow encounters were another form of him. If you think about it H-ichigo is ichigo, he doesnt have a name because he is ichigo. Still there is an unsolved plot hole when H-ichigo was talking to zangetsu and telling him that he would soon be apart of H-ichigo or something. That or ichigo is human and part shinigami, but that wouldnt explain the hallowfication he has gone through. Further speculation is he could be all 3, human/hallow/shinigami rofl.

As for the ep. Pretty good. Classic comedy, more mystery, finally some ichigo dad action (looks to be quite powerful from the way he shot aizen with air pressure?), GIN joins the action!
Old 2010-11-09, 15:09   Link #7
sayde

I like how the anime fixed a lot of the plot holes the manga introduced during this time. For instance, prior to these episodes, we had no idea how Aizen was able to monitor Ichigo's progress--especially during his final battle against Ulquiorra. So to rectify this, the anime shows us exactly how he was able to watch over Ichigo up until the end of his battle against Grimm. And then the anime fixes the final plot hole in the scenario by omitting the panels of the final pg in chapter 396. Unlike the manga, Aizen doesn't claim to know about the power he gained during his final battle against Ulq (since he wasn't there to see it). The only thing the anime confirms is that Aizen was ultimately responsible for arranging the fight in the first place, which makes absolute sense.

So good job to the anime team for filling in the gaps and omitting certain things for the sake of plot. Also, good job for making Isshin's finger flick of doom look pretty solid.

*edit*
I like the omake. I'm glad to see they were able to squeeze Ryuuken in somewhere. Even if only for a brief moment.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-09 at 16:53.
Old 2010-11-09, 15:26   Link #8
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Gin looks awesome as ever, <removed>

Last edited by Hellychan; 2010-11-11 at 18:50. Reason: Removed manga hint!
Old 2010-11-09, 15:33   Link #9
Sabinswe

Best episode of Bleach in a very very long time!
Old 2010-11-09, 15:38   Link #10
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinswe View Post
Nope.

And the episode also covered the confusion in manga where Aizen said " You are a human and ..." and then " You are a shinigami and ....".

Though animation was off, the episode was okay. Not very entertaining because I bet the animators are keeping their better work for next episodes.
Old 2010-11-09, 16:14   Link #11
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
5. gin's end face is the creepiest face in bleach so far
What about Unohana's face...
Old 2010-11-09, 16:49   Link #12
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinswe View Post
How exactly?
It was just a talk and first half was a recap of battles again.
Old 2010-11-09, 17:30   Link #13
Gin
*Artist

I haven't watched Bleach in a while, what part is it at now?
Old 2010-11-09, 17:34   Link #14
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Ichigo's dad comes, headbutts him, they have a nice father and son talk, and ichigo comes back to slash at Gin.

Btw, did anyone find Aizen's face at 17:50/51, right after ichigo's dad goes after ichigo...something about Aizen's eyes makes him have this "Lololol" look like he be trollin or something. Anyone else get that feeling? Anyone know what i'm trying to say? haha
Old 2010-11-09, 18:50   Link #15
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I wonder if Aizen actually bothers to explain to his underlings why he stalks a 15 years old boy.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:52   Link #16
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Talent scouting.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:03   Link #17
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
"Talent scouting".
Fixed.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:34   Link #18
Jerseykid

So did Isshin attack when he did because he did not want Aizen to finish telling Ichigo the truth or is it just plain drama coincidence?

and will we know conclusively at some point the word Aizen left out?
Old 2010-11-09, 20:04   Link #19
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
So did Isshin attack when he did because he did not want Aizen to finish telling Ichigo the truth or is it just plain drama coincidence?
Probably just for dramatic effect. Though I suppose he could've timed his entrance because he didn't want Aizen spilling the beans about something he felt should've been officially revealed by himself alone and no one else...Kinda like foster parents who'd feel it out of place for anyone but themselves to reveal to their child that they're adopted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
and will we know conclusively at some point the word Aizen left out?
Don't count on it. The word Aizen left out is likely the same word Ichigo arrived at upon his fathers entrance. To assume it to be anything else would be to give Kubo too much credit IMO.
Old 2010-11-09, 20:12   Link #20
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Probably just for dramatic effect. Though I suppose he could've timed his entrance because he didn't want Aizen spilling the beans about something he felt should've been officially revealed by himself alone and no one else...Kinda like foster parents who'd feel it out of place for anyone but themselves to reveal to their child that they're adopted.

Don't count on it. The word Aizen left out is likely the same word Ichigo arrived at upon his fathers entrance. To assume it to be anything else would be to give Kubo too much credit IMO.
You're part human and part...orange.

he's a fruit! Would explain his weird orange hair

edit:
On a more serious note, so what about his little sisters? Shouldn't that mean that they also have some butt-awesome super duper frigging amazing z0mg shinihollow powers?
Closed Thread