AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 10:39   Link #141
Manic
real men love pink

yeah i actually think i would have liked the ending better if they had both just died together, what was the point in saving him if they were gonna cripple him even more and kill the person he loved? I guess i could understand if he wasnt blind or he ended up with ayase (she did stare at him the entire time they were at the party), but neither happened so the ending is terrible, pointless, and depressing.
Quote:
here what i suggest new people who are beginning to watch this anime. watch ep 1-12 ep 12 gai die and shu and inori live, happy ending. dont go beyond that, you will be disappointed. who agree.....?
whole heartedly agree as a 12 ep anime and with that ending its a decent series. The last 10 are a complete train wreck, that leaves ya with no desire to watch it again.

Last edited by Manic; 2012-03-23 at 11:30.
Old 2012-03-23, 10:40   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think we have warned everyone plenty times regarding spoilers about CG and whatnot when talking about GC, but this note can be applied to -any series-. Please do -not-start pulling comparisons without proper spoiler tags and whatnot: not everyone has watched X or Y series, and having people discussing similarities is a dead giveaway that some character(s) will meet a similar fate in that mentioned series.

Therefore, please put the -whole- mention part in spoiler tags (with a proper label!) with a not so precise quote you wanted to reply, otherwise it is plain moot (quoting: OMG Inori died! / then pulling a "spoiler for Series X" is as much spoiler as without spoiler tags!)

Thread is closed until I'm done cleaning up the thread.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:37   Link #143
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Mixed finale for me. I guess it was entertaining but there was also a fair bit a cheese like there was in episode 12 (mainly Manarina dancing everyone to death). I still don't really get Gai's motives but whatever. And it was a bit of a cop out for Inori to survive through a flower but i guess it's no biggy. The biggest problem for me was Daryl surviving and being told he was nice deep down. I rolled my eyes so much the contents nearly centrifuged...

And I loled at Shu being blind at the end. Did they just pick a disability randomly out a hat or something?
Old 2012-03-23, 12:54   Link #144
Arkard

On a side note, Souta being at Hare's birthday celebration rubs me the wrong way. Really dude? At least look awkward or something.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:13   Link #145
bimbim

I guess shu's blind because he unites with inori's remaining soul/life (cat cradle scene).
Note the OST lyrics (Release My Soul).
Oh I release, my soul
So you feel my song

it really does fit with the epilogue scene..
Old 2012-03-23, 14:39   Link #146
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

What the hell, ending. WHAT THE HELL
Old 2012-03-23, 14:51   Link #147
ookamigirl

Final episode... wish there were a few more.
Mana. Pissing her off was a bad idea.
It was fascinating to watch how Mana easily turned people into crystals.
Shu vs Gai was nice to watch since they both have powers, didn't think his bad guy persona was just an act, but I'm glad.
Dramatic & intense final episode!
A few years later part was unexpected, but did make this anime very over.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-03-23, 15:31   Link #148
clef

Did they ever show what happened to the rock that started all this? Or is it waiting out there somewhere for another girl with a baby brother on the way to pick up?
Old 2012-03-23, 16:04   Link #149
ohello80

i thought for sure that shu was going to die and inori would live. how did he even become blind in the end?
Old 2012-03-23, 16:46   Link #150
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by clef View Post
Did they ever show what happened to the rock that started all this? Or is it waiting out there somewhere for another girl with a baby brother on the way to pick up?
So much of this.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:55   Link #151
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think my biggest disappointment is what this series could have been. It could have been so much better. If only it had been in a different block and had gotten two 13 episode cours.

Does anyone know how the fans in Japan are reacting to this??
Old 2012-03-23, 17:08   Link #152
Sides

Ehh...
Final episode was meh. Seriously it seems that it is written by many different people, who wanted to put their mark on it, and the result is basically complete chaos.
The whole series was a mixbag and the final episode basically summarises it.
We had so many characters, side stories, and none of them was resolved. And I thought the ending to Mass Effect 3 was crap, but this one almost tops it.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:54   Link #153
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassennotomo on RC
Well actually, Inori isn’t killed. Her soul “unites” with Shu’s after he comes back from the Utopia world. Remember when Inori was walking up to Shu while turning into crystals and she couldn’t see? Inori became (blind for some reason…) and while they were both turning into crystals, she gives Shu the red rubber band (which is her soul) and they “unite”. That explains why Shu is blind in the epilogue.
You know... that makes a lot of sense. Maybe Inori was blind because of Mana's special eyes, the eyes died with Mana or something??
Old 2012-03-23, 18:21   Link #154
clef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You know... that makes a lot of sense. Maybe Inori was blind because of Mana's special eyes, the eyes died with Mana or something??
Or that was really Mana at the end with a dying body that decided to steal Shu's body. It's Guilty Crown, it could happen!
Old 2012-03-23, 18:43   Link #155
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I might give a better rating if this is actually true
Old 2012-03-23, 19:27   Link #156
Sixth
Hu Tao

Also, it is nice to see Kenji got killed in the end. Never like this guy.
Old 2012-03-23, 20:29   Link #157
silvercover
Romance Expert

about shoe being blind...
remember segai? scarface that had a mechanical eye? after two years, the city/world wasnt able to give him new eyes.

unless the theory of inori being somehow in his eyes, which is the reason he's blind, is correct since it would be understandable now why shoe is still blind after a few years, so that he can still see inori.
Old 2012-03-23, 20:59   Link #158
Windows X

Ending sucks. Somehow I at least hope to see the consolation between siblings but that's it. Shu totally forgot Mana as his elder sister and trashed her away like some meddlesome woman.

It could be made a lot more logical sense if he couldn't accepted her brocon feelings, fought with guy and then reconsiled to make Mana absorbing Inori back then Gai saved the world by absorbing and suppress void in Shu's place. And epilogue showing Shu living with Inori while retaining Mana inside. Yeah, that'd be freaking cliche but still works better in Shonen terms.
Old 2012-03-23, 21:17   Link #159
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This would have a better ending if there where 2 more dam episodes
Old 2012-03-23, 21:33   Link #160
ninetail1989
Dreamer

garbage ending......people that should die never die...
ppl that should had been killed..suicide.
also is it just me...or the final episode is like 500-600mb...while all the rest was merely 300mb for me...when i saw 500-600mb i was expecting a 40 minute run....but still turn out 20 minute....zzwtf
Closed Thread