AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 12:06   Link #1261
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Or we can have the opposite. Akuma stops translating. Babies start crying. And I go play the Soukou no Arterial update.
XxSleepyxX, you know how much effort I did to get Oda Nobuna no Yabou to get recognize and make a request page out of it on Baka-Tsuki. I am happy that the translations are being done, I can't ask for more. Akuma thank you very much, translate at your own pace. Pretty sure a lot of us in here are patience. Oh wait Sleepy was just trolling me.

Oh and Undertaker thanks for the history update.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 12:09   Link #1262
Akumasama
Feminist

I think I need to start taking Japanese history lessons as well. I am just following the story with no clue about the background of characters(except having read wiki for 7 of them).

Thanks undertaker ^_^
Old 2012-08-11, 12:56   Link #1263
kazzuya13

I am learning a lot of Japanese history.
Thanks a lot guys.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 13:42   Link #1264
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Jesus, I just checked the anime thread. I think the anime thread should now be called "Eden of Loli Lovers". I like this image they post over there
Spoiler for Loli:
Old 2012-08-11, 13:44   Link #1265
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Jesus, I just checked the anime thread. I think the anime thread should now be called Eden of Loli Lovers. I like this image they post over there
Spoiler for Loli:
*Takes her home*

The lolis are very likable in this series so I can't say I'm too shocked about that.
Old 2012-08-11, 13:47   Link #1266
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The funny thing is there are plenty of more coming. The anime thread went crazy over 4 loli, if the anime gets to vol 5. I can't imagine what will happen if the anime thread gets expose to a 20 or more crew of pirate Loli that will appear. I think everyone here already heard of the Sadist Loli.
Old 2012-08-11, 14:35   Link #1267
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
An easier way for me is just use Wiki for the name translation. On the left side frame the wiki has links to same topic (or people) from others in different languages. Great tool when I need to cross-examining some information or get a clear up on events and translations.
Oh! I did not realize... Thank you, this will be very helpful indeed...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:38   Link #1268
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
Oh! I did not realize... Thank you, this will be very helpful indeed...
Yeah, it was a pretty new feature they put in a few month ago. It gives you links to other language if the topic page is available in those languages. It is extremely cool with history topics, because you might see a statement, for example, say in Chinese, that asks for the source, and you'll find a similar statement in Japanese with source on it and vice versa. Or, you see a request in source on a statement then realizes that it was common knowledge (therefore eleminate need for source) in another country.

You can also compare the articles on the fly (presuming you're multilingual) and get a better grasp on a situation or event. (Honnoji-incident is a fascinating read in both Chinese and Japanese, it lays out all the various theories, including some conspiracy theories, from various angles about the potential causes behinds it.)

It's also a good way to see the sphere of influence of a certain event or person by see how many languages are available in the said topic. For example Honnoji-incident is available in 16 languages, including 2 version of Chinese (simplify, traditional, Cantonese dialect), most of them are East Asian and SouthEast Asian countries, and interestingly that the topic is available in French, Italian and Portugese, but not German nor Spanish
Old 2012-08-11, 16:02   Link #1269
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

u guys can have inuchiyo..

I'll take Sen no Rikyu
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 20:05   Link #1270
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
XxSleepyxX, you know how much effort I did to get Oda Nobuna no Yabou to get recognize and make a request page out of it on Baka-Tsuki. I am happy that the translations are being done, I can't ask for more. Akuma thank you very much, translate at your own pace. Pretty sure a lot of us in here are patience. Oh wait Sleepy was just trolling me.

Oh and Undertaker thanks for the history update.
Hey don't blame me. Me and Akuma where having a chat. Its basically a miniature warning from Akuma that he doesn't want bullshit from my own words. He rather play VNs since he has a backlog of them. No one listened when they where warned about DxD thread. Now with one sole translator I'm willing to bet no one listen again.

The only thing I can think of that teachers people about sengoku history is Sengoku Rance. Too bad it isn't historically accurate.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:30   Link #1271
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There are some that actually listen to the warnings, I am one of them. I respect Akuma for all the work he has done, I am not going to be disrespectful and ask him to do it faster. I try to make people understand that, some will not listen and some will.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:53   Link #1272
kazzuya13

Quote:
Hey don't blame me. Me and Akuma where having a chat. Its basically a miniature warning from Akuma that he doesn't want bullshit from my own words. He rather play VNs since he has a backlog of them. No one listened when they where warned about DxD thread. Now with one sole translator I'm willing to bet no one listen again.

The only thing I can think of that teachers people about sengoku history is Sengoku Rance. Too bad it isn't historically accurate.
I remember that game.
It has loads of jokes inside them. I even put the effort and watch the clears of all characters that are able to be cleared
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 21:51   Link #1273
Undertaker

Quote:

Outside of Eroge, It's Nobunaga's Ambition and Taiko Risshiden for me, just like Saru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Btw, a little off-topic, but of all the koei games, I've yet to play Nobunaga. Which version is most fun?

And when Saru mentioned that Hanbei has 98 INT, which game is that from?
Should be from Nobunaga's Ambition, it's turn base (or semi-real-time depend on which edition you play). Hanbei's INT stats is usally around 98-100 as default with growth cap at 125 + equipment item.

As for which game, depends on what you are looking for. Nobunaga's Ambition is fun, but can be pretty dry for non-strategy gamers or people who hates menu crawling.

If you look solely at English version, there are a few on PS2, if you're look at Japanese and Chinese, both have complete series on PC.

Currently the major series on Koei's Historical/RPG sim front (not counting MMO attempts):

RPG:
Taiko Risshiden: 5 games
Daikōkai Jidai (大航海時代): 4 games

Historical Sim:
Nobunaga's Ambition: 13
Romance of Three Kingdom: 12
Aokiookami to Shirokimejika: 4 (About Genghis Khan)

Plus games based on Suikoden (Early Song Dynasty) and Late Qin Dynasty.

But due to change in market, they've slowly moved away from these genre and focuses on Musou games as their meat and butter. Only Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of Three Kingdom had stared active with NA13 came out 3 years ago (and expansion in 2010) after 4 year absence and RoT12 came out earlier this year after 5 year absence.
Old 2012-08-12, 03:02   Link #1274
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Romance of the three kingdoms XII sucked however, particularly compared to XI or IX or X. They tried to introduce real tiem but it did not work specially when you cut 60% of characters from previous stories and impressively reduce the number of cities.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 03:59   Link #1275
Undertaker

It's got some good system, I kind of like the new simplified system in the economic side and the new strategy thing and skill was pretty good. Unfortunately they took away more stuff then they putted in. Semi Real-time wasn't the problem, similar system worked fine and was great for Nobu series in the past few installment.

It was the fact that they simplified everything to make it more port-friendly for tab-computers and the game felt half-completed that really bothered me with few cities, few general, no naval battle, less options, etc.

Personally my favorite RoT games in the series are still V, VIII, IX, XI, But that's a conversation for another thread. (or PM)
Old 2012-08-12, 06:53   Link #1276
fazri
blacksun king

akuma-sama thank you very much for update of this series!
Old 2012-08-12, 09:53   Link #1277
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
The funny thing is there are plenty of more coming. The anime thread went crazy over 4 loli, if the anime gets to vol 5. I can't imagine what will happen if the anime thread gets expose to a 20 or more crew of pirate Loli that will appear. I think everyone here already heard of the Sadist Loli.
Sadist Loli is cute, I wanna kidnap her and take her home....although on second thought I gave up on that idea since it'll most likely be the opposite
Old 2012-08-12, 10:58   Link #1278
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Somehow the author's narration style is a bit... Weird. May just be my imagination though.
If you are talking about the POV and how the monologue is reported, it is 3rd person narration style and is less common in light novels (which often uses 1st person POV and employs POV switching in properly demarcated segments), though series like Mahouka, Shana, SAO and a bunch of other relatively better written novels use 3rd person narration. However, the way the monologue is reported is indeed a little unique, I should say. There's simply too much of them for a 3rd-person narration style, and it keeps jumping from person to person which can make reading jarring sometimes. The writing can also be very curt at times, but that's my personal opinion though. It's not just the writer's writing skill that comes into question, but the editor's as well. Well, light novel writers are never famous for their writing, and the majority of them suck, according to mainstream literature's standards.

And to those who don't read the raws, or has contributed to smoothing the flow of the TLed text, please just shut up.

Quote:
Yeah, it was a pretty new feature they put in a few month ago. It gives you links to other language if the topic page is available in those languages. It is extremely cool with history topics, because you might see a statement, for example, say in Chinese, that asks for the source, and you'll find a similar statement in Japanese with source on it and vice versa. Or, you see a request in source on a statement then realizes that it was common knowledge (therefore eleminate need for source) in another country.

You can also compare the articles on the fly (presuming you're multilingual) and get a better grasp on a situation or event. (Honnoji-incident is a fascinating read in both Chinese and Japanese, it lays out all the various theories, including some conspiracy theories, from various angles about the potential causes behinds it.)

It's also a good way to see the sphere of influence of a certain event or person by see how many languages are available in the said topic. For example Honnoji-incident is available in 16 languages, including 2 version of Chinese (simplify, traditional, Cantonese dialect), most of them are East Asian and SouthEast Asian countries, and interestingly that the topic is available in French, Italian and Portugese, but not German nor Spanish
I always thought that feature has always been available.

Quote:
Outside of Eroge, It's Nobunaga's Ambition and Taiko Risshiden for me, just like Saru.

Should be from Nobunaga's Ambition, it's turn base (or semi-real-time depend on which edition you play). Hanbei's INT stats is usally around 98-100 as default with growth cap at 125 + equipment item.

As for which game, depends on what you are looking for. Nobunaga's Ambition is fun, but can be pretty dry for non-strategy gamers or people who hates menu crawling.

If you look solely at English version, there are a few on PS2, if you're look at Japanese and Chinese, both have complete series on PC.

Currently the major series on Koei's Historical/RPG sim front (not counting MMO attempts):

RPG:
Taiko Risshiden: 5 games
Daikōkai Jidai (大航海時代): 4 games

Historical Sim:
Nobunaga's Ambition: 13
Romance of Three Kingdom: 12
Aokiookami to Shirokimejika: 4 (About Genghis Khan)

Plus games based on Suikoden (Early Song Dynasty) and Late Qin Dynasty.

But due to change in market, they've slowly moved away from these genre and focuses on Musou games as their meat and butter. Only Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of Three Kingdom had stared active with NA13 came out 3 years ago (and expansion in 2010) after 4 year absence and RoT12 came out earlier this year after 5 year absence.
I've pretty much played most of the retro ones, and never played anything beyond RTK6 LOL.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:33   Link #1279
Akumasama
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If you are talking about the POV and how the monologue is reported, it is 3rd person narration style and is less common in light novels (which often uses 1st person POV and employs POV switching in properly demarcated segments), though series like Mahouka, Shana, SAO and a bunch of other relatively better written novels use 3rd person narration. However, the way the monologue is reported is indeed a little unique, I should say. There's simply too much of them for a 3rd-person narration style, and it keeps jumping from person to person which can make reading jarring sometimes. The writing can also be very curt at times, but that's my personal opinion though.
Well I occasionally found the POV tending to 1st person, like once in every 60 lines or so. Though yep, it's as you say, most of it is 3rd person.
Somehow I can't pinpoint the feeling, it sounds like a novice would write, or a bit cluttered thought process. I wasn't really the humanities/literature type and usually only read scholarly articles so I maybe a bit wrong. Besides, I don't read too many Japanese LNs in their raw form unless absolutely necessary.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:52   Link #1280
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Episode 6 just aired and it was beautiful just like millions of flower petals falling in a river. Base of the summary of vol 2, it included all the major events, changed some minor ones, and some were cut out, but it was all good. Though Niwa looked more scary in the Light Novel illustrations.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem