AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 11:14   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Isshukan Friends [One Week Friends]

Quote:
The December issue ofSquare Enix'sGangan Jokermagazine is announcing on Friday that an anime adaptation ofMaccha Hazuki'sIsshūkan Friends(One-Week Friends) manga has been green-lit.

The story of the manga revolves around Yūki, a boy who wants to become friends with his classmate and desk neighbor Kaori. However, she gently declines his friendship, saying, “But, my... Memories of my friends disappear in a week...” Even so, Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.

Hazuki began the manga in 2012, andSquare Enixis shipping the fourth compiled volume on Friday.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ime-adaptation

Looking forward to this one....

Last edited by Flower; 2014-02-26 at 19:06.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 13:41   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
That is so cute!!!! I can feel the love already!!!^^

*add to list
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 13:46   Link #3
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If it's romance or good SoL I don't mind. To bad it would be incomplete as always
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 02:52   Link #4
Xacual

I love the adorable relationship the main characters have in this. I was pretty surprised when I saw the anime announcement earlier, hoping it stays faithful to the manga's art style.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 04:40   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Saw this thread, read the premise, checked out the manga.... and my god, I don't think I felt that much adorable in a manga in a while!

Kinda a shame that the manga is being translated to slowly, and that the manga itself doesn't have much in the way of content to translate. If they're doing an anime though, maybe they can give it a self-contained wrap up to compensate.

I hate the somewhat minor cliffhanger in the last scanlated chapter.... AAAAARGH DEM FEELS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 00:36   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Been thinking about this a bit - was thinking that if it was animated "water color painting" style like Usagi Drop was it would be nice....
Old 2013-11-23, 00:59   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Been thinking about this a bit - was thinking that if it was animated "water color painting" style like Usagi Drop was it would be nice....
Then pray, man... pray like you've never prayed before so Production I. G picks this up.

Personally speaking, I've found story line such as this where the brain doesn't retain memories tragic. You guys better be right about this being adorable cause otherwise I'll be sending you all flaming poopy-bags in front of your doorsteps.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 01:06   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Then pray, man... pray like you've never prayed before so Production I. G picks this up.

Personally speaking, I've found story line such as this where the brain doesn't retain memories tragic. You guys better be right about this being adorable cause otherwise I'll be sending you all flaming poopy-bags in front of your doorsteps.
Might check out the manga, then - of course there are sad elements, and I was dreading this would be another story like the eyepatch girl in the EF series (now THAT was painful), but so far it is not as... umm... raw, I guess. At least for me.

But it certainly does have adorable elements, so please use the bags as fertilizer in your tomato garden thankyouverymuch.
Old 2013-11-23, 02:02   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Don't forget AIC did a beautiful job with this style in the Hourou Musuko adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 17:50   Link #10
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

This looks adorable. :O

Quote:
Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.
...And maybe kinda sad. Is this going to be a heartwarming tear-jerker? I can see this becoming one.
Old 2013-11-25, 09:34   Link #11
Ridwan

I foresee incoming FEELS... ;_;
Old 2013-11-25, 18:57   Link #12
sky black swordman

I like the premise. I will definitely check this out.
For now, I will check out the manga.
Old 2014-01-21, 04:36   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Announced for Spring, Brains Base is the studio. This is right up their alley - glad to see them doing something besides an Otomate adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 07:37   Link #14
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I foresee incoming FEELS... ;_;
Considering that I've been exposed to the concept of "limited-time relationships constrained by memory" (Toaru Majutsu no Index's first arc, Little Busters [in a sense], the Taiwanese series Meteor Garden and a certain Filipino series), I'm so ready for this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 07:49   Link #15
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

That's a really interesting premise. And considering others' comments on how heartwarming it supposed to be, I'll give it a try. I need a break off all the depressing manga I read.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 09:24   Link #16
Lota

I just read the manga. Awwww *o* That's just so adorable. And the feels... It's kind of bittersweet, but... D'awwwwwww.
Old 2014-01-21, 10:46   Link #17
HauntingShock

PV is out.

HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 10:54   Link #18
romcom89

omg fantastic *.*
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 13:00   Link #19
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow. I had a look at a little of the manga, and just watched the PV. This is definitely going on my watch list for the next season!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:49   Link #20
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm not really sold on the character designs but the background and lightning looked pretty damned interesting in that trailer. I'm sold