Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 15:03   Link #3541
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
So is this Ishida's cocktail of mysterious and magical power-up so he can be on a level footing with Ichigo? Still think Ichigo should be able to stomp a mudhole in him, but with Bleach you just never know...
Ichigo will stomp a hole and take off Ishida's other arm by the time this dumb series is over with.

I wonder if Urahara and the two dipshits with Grimmjow(Oh come on we all know it's him) are still even alive Or is Bach and his crew somewhere else?

I would think Bach would've offed Urahara and co. by now if he's in HM or turn them into SR.
Old 2013-06-26, 15:51   Link #3542
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

And really did we seriously need a chapter to introduce the SR when most of them will probably be killed off later on?
Yea I have no idea why he keeps introducing people who are just going to be killed off. I mean Grimmjow=dead pointless character, Ulquiorra= dead pointless character... It's not like they did anything cool or made the character grow or anything

P.S. please read fine print for disclaimers

This comment is complete and total sarcasm and in no way reflects my view on Bleach or it's characters. Therefore under Otaku law section 1168 niether I or anyone related to SoloPanda.org has any liability in such comments. Thank you for reading.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:06   Link #3543
Alchemist007
*Author

Not much to say about the random characters. It probably would've been nice to see the loudmouth get his head chopped off after the first sentence. You don't get introduced to a new leader and immediately say some stupid shit without consequences.
Old 2013-06-26, 16:13   Link #3544
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Yea I have no idea why he keeps introducing people who are just going to be killed off. I mean Grimmjow=dead pointless character, Ulquiorra= dead pointless character... It's not like they did anything cool or made the character grow or anything

P.S. please read fine print for disclaimers

This comment is complete and total sarcasm and in no way reflects my view on Bleach or it's characters. Therefore under Otaku law section 1168 niether I or anyone related to SoloPanda.org has any liability in such comments. Thank you for reading.
yea i agree. i dont see why people are complaining about that. obviously there was going to be an army of shitritters for every good guy to fight at some point. there's plenty more worthwhile stuff to complain about here lol like ishida being held in such high regard for instance. or that he's being called the only living quincy (which i assume will get some convoluted nonsensical explanation eventually)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:16   Link #3545
Eragon
Still Alive

^ The explanation to being the only quincy - he has a white d**k
Old 2013-06-26, 16:37   Link #3546
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
^ The explanation to being the only quincy - he has a white d**k
OMG I just read that in Saber's voice while looking at the expression on the face of your avatar... well I found it awesome..
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 16:56   Link #3547
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

So Ichida letters "A"........................ I want scream "TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!" Ichida-kun :'(

BUT ! ............. Maybe............

Ichida = Gin ??
Old 2013-06-26, 17:01   Link #3548
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
OMG I just read that in Saber's voice while looking at the expression on the face of your avatar... well I found it awesome..
I'm here for the people's amusement

And do NOT compare Ishida to Gin. That glasses boy is nowhere near as awesome as Gin.
Old 2013-06-26, 17:17   Link #3549
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm just so pissed that Kubo made my favorite character into this series version of Sasuke.

As for the 'Last Living Quincy' that really didn't bother me because:

1. Ryuuken was more than willing to give up shit before and has said on record that he could care less.

2. This is the same author who's pretty much forgotten about 80 percent of the cast.

Kubo, Kubo, Kubo.....just kill off everyone except Ichigo, Ishida, a few shinigami to kill the SR redshirts, Bach, Haschwald and a few SR fodders to kill off the remaining shinigami already. You know you want to. Especially since it's more than obvious with Ichigo's powerup that no one, not even strong folks like Isshin or Urahara, has a chance in hell against Bach.

As for Ishida's powerup.....I always dreamt of the day where he'd get his own powerup to stand against Ichigo, but not thru 'Drink something.' Whatever happened to EARNING your superpower?
Old 2013-06-26, 17:28   Link #3550
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I wonder if Urahara and the two dipshits with Grimmjow(Oh come on we all know it's him)
I will have to applaud Kubo if he actually manages to remember that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
exactly. and those captains got slaughtered by the shitritters. and now ishido is head shitritter. makes no sense, but does keep in perfect line with bleach's normal nonsense so i'm ok with it. it would be weird for something to make sense at this point. i'd have to call bs on anything logical from this point on
Power ups in Bleach are absurdly easy, if Kubo decides he wants a character to be relevant they get a power up. In this case, Ishida is getting a power up from drinking "saki". Next time we see him fight, he'll one shot a captain and stand toe-to-toe with a Royal Guard.

Last edited by saravis; 2013-06-26 at 20:31.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:14   Link #3551
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Next time we see him fight, he'll one shot a captain and stand toe-to-toe with a Royal Guard.
But Ishida already one shot a captain using that Quincy power up. Now he needs to do something crazier if he is serious (which I don't totally don't believe) about joining the Quincies. Maybe, even Juha knows that Ishida plans to betray him but the world needs two Aizens.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:22   Link #3552
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
But Ishida already one shot a captain using that Quincy power up. Now he needs to do something crazier if he is serious (which I don't totally don't believe) about joining the Quincies. Maybe, even Juha knows that Ishida plans to betray him but the world needs two Aizens.
Well I was going to say that he'll one shot a Royal Guard, but then I realized that might be a bit too extreme, with Kubo you never know, though. As for one shotting a captain, he'll do it as easily as picking a booger and without any negative side effects.
Old 2013-06-27, 00:57   Link #3553
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ishida is the last quincy alive.

1) Ryuuken and all of the SR are actually dead and Ishida's like, in 6th sense :O
2) They're all alive but not really quincies anymore.
3) Bach doesn't know about Ryuuken...
4) Bach is just trolling everyone!

Now that Ishida exchanged sakazuki with Bach, he is part of his hyakki
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:13   Link #3554
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Well I was going to say that he'll one shot a Royal Guard, but then I realized that might be a bit too extreme, with Kubo you never know, though. As for one shotting a captain, he'll do it as easily as picking a booger and without any negative side effects.
if ishida one-shots a royal guard member then it better be off-panel just to complete the bitch-slap effect on us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
4) Bach is just trolling everyone!
i'll take option #4 please. can we also see a troll contest between bach and aizen at some point? that would be intense!
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:53   Link #3555
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder what Back meant when he said, that Ishida was the only remaining living Quincy.
Does this mean that he and all his other followers aren't alive anymore? Or never were in the first place?
But what about Ishida's father? And Ichigo? (Ok, Ichigo is technically dead)
In both scanlations of this chapter that I read, Bach states that Ishida is the last living ("surviving", "alive") Quincy "in this world". I think the more important part of the phrase is the latter, not the former. Assuming Bach either doesn't know or doesn't care about Ryuuken, or has killed him recently offscreen (he did just appear in a flashback, after all), Ishida actually is the last Quincy on Earth. Which just means that the Sternritters aren't. On Earth, that is. (We knew this already, didn't we?) My guess is that the Shinigami didn't do quite as good a job of killing the Quincies all off as they thought they did, and some escaped to some other "realm" (wherever Bach was holed up, apparently) and have been biding their time preparing for Bach's return to power.

What I think people are missing is that Bach just as much as told everyone that he hasn't got long for this life. Evil boss characters don't choose successors—much less impart their power to them—unless they're about to kick it. We've already got evidence that Bach can't stay too long outside his current location. He's probably effectively dead already. Now, could this all be some set-up to take over Ishida's body in some wild bid for immortality? Certainly. Wouldn't expect anything less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I wouldn't say that qualifies under the definition of "one shot". Sure, the shot that took Mayuri out was a single shot, but Ishida had been pretty ineffective in that fight before then. It's why he unleashed that move. In order for it to be a true "one shot", it has to be the shooter's first shot. Otherwise, it's just...well, every other Bleach battle of note.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 09:44   Link #3556
PaulieXP

WOW, people on this forum never cease to amaze me. So now you guys are bitching about the chapter giving some interaction between the Sternritter, whereas if Kubo hadn't done this you would later be chewing him out for underdeveloped villains, yeah there's just no pleasing anyone here is there? Why do I keep coming back here? Ah yes, because it's fun to watch whiners whine, yaay I knew there was a reason
PaulieXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:20   Link #3557
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
if ishida one-shots a royal guard member then it better be off-panel just to complete the bitch-slap effect on us
Sadly, I can see him taking out the Pretty Spider Lady or Hikifune.

Quote:
i'll take option #4 please. can we also see a troll contest between bach and aizen at some point? that would be intense!
Aizen would win on intellect. Bach might be super strong, but I don't think he's as smart as Aizen.

I think the only SR we'll really see in action are the ones that were featured already when the massacre began(Bambi, Buzzbee, Dude who Should've Killed Byakuya, etc). Or since Kubo seems to be aping the HM arc more and more, then probably the ones who got introduced in this chapter will be featured in the next battle before they get killed off...
Old 2013-06-27, 11:31   Link #3558
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieXP View Post
WOW, people on this forum never cease to amaze me. So now you guys are bitching about the chapter giving some interaction between the Sternritter, whereas if Kubo hadn't done this you would later be chewing him out for underdeveloped villains, yeah there's just no pleasing anyone here is there? Why do I keep coming back here? Ah yes, because it's fun to watch whiners whine, yaay I knew there was a reason
you mad brew? you just amazed yourself
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 11:35   Link #3559
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:

Because Bleach is the GREATEST SERIES EVER AND KUBO IS THE MANGA GOD

/sarcasm

That's fine if you still like Bleach, but....most of us don't. So, stop trolling and just well..deal with it.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:37   Link #3560
saravis

Quote:
A name, a face, (and maybe a quirk) does not make for a developed character. People are complaining because this feels like the Espada all over again. Characters that were brought into the story with little development, but a lot of build up, before falling completely flat.

Tags
bleach, chapter