AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-11, 11:52   Link #1
Asuran420

If Neji can do it, why can't Sasuke? [Manga]

Neji was able to learn his bloodline techniques on his own why cant Sasuke?

I think Neji is a genius i mean he those techniques are only taught to the Main branch family yet he learned them totally on his own, Neji is tha shit.

Dont turn this into a sasuke vrs neji or sharigan vrs byukagan thread.

I figured since sasuke has seen the mangkeyou with his sharigan he could somewhat train and learn on his own, but i guess he cant, he has to resort to oro.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:00   Link #2
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hmm well.. i See ur point and i have never thought about it before, but mangekuyo seems to me to use alot of chakra, and maybe Sasuke doesnt have that much chakra yet as his streonger older brother?
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:01   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

This thread is destined for greatness.

Okay, where do we start?

Are the two advanced bloodline the same? Are the level of difficulty and the nature of the techniques the same? Are Uchihas born naturally with the Sharingan like the Hyugas with the Byakugan? It actually took real life-and-death combat situation for Sasuke to awaken his Sharingan whereas Neji already has been practicing the Byakugan and learning the art of Jyuken from his father and the branch family ever since he was a kid. Sasuke has NO living Uchiha relatives while Neji still can observe the main family or the branch family. "He came up with it on his own" only means no one taught him, and while that is very impressive in its own right, he has seen both moves executed before. Let's see now, Sasuke got to see Tsukiyomi...once...as the victim...of a traumatizing experience. And as for Amaterasu? Heck, not even we got to see it fully.

If Sasuke were a branch family of the Hyuga and didn't master those techniques, then yes Neji is more of a "genius." But since you are comparing apple and orange here, it just doesn't work. This is a Sasuke vs Neji / Sharingan vs Byakugan thread by nature; if you don't want this kind of discussion, don't start it to begin with.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:16   Link #4
Asuran420

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

Okay, where do we start?

Are the two advanced bloodline the same? Are the level of difficulty and the nature of the techniques the same? Are Uchihas born naturally with the Sharingan like the Hyugas with the Byakugan? It actually took real life-and-death combat situation for Sasuke to awaken his Sharingan whereas Neji already has been practicing the Byakugan and learning the art of Jyuken from his father and the branch family ever since he was a kid. Sasuke has NO living Uchiha relatives while Neji still can observe the main family or the branch family. "He came up with it on his own" only means no one taught him, and while that is very impressive in its own right, he has seen both moves executed before. Let's see now, Sasuke got to see Tsukiyomi...once...as the victim...of a traumatizing experience. And as for Amaterasu? Heck, not even we got to see it fully.

If Sasuke were a branch family of the Hyuga and didn't master those techniques, then yes Neji is more of a "genius." But since you are comparing apple and orange here, it just doesn't work. This is a Sasuke vs Neji / Sharingan vs Byakugan thread by nature; if you don't want this kind of discussion, don't start it to begin with.

Nah if this was to be slated towards sharigan vrs byukgan i would of said which is stronger, im just wanting to discuss , neji being able to learn his bloodline techniques, and why sasuke hasnt learned any of the sharigan techniques.

Also nejis father died when he was a young age so he really didnt get much training from him, he truthfully learned the styles on his own no help, he probably only knew they existed from someone telling him(who knows if he seen them or not) , but from the looks im sure Neji never went and watched the main family trained as he hated them.

Also Itachi mastered the sharigan on his own(well i dont know this for sure), but if he was stronger than everyone in the village obviously he developed it all by himself, and sasuke has not yet, Sasuke is one of my favorite characters and he cant learn the advanced styles by himself, he now has to resort to cursed seal, and orochimuru, Maybe sasuke will never be able to kill itachi, since he has resorted to the cursed seal and oro for power, because he was incompetent in doing it on his own.

Yeah i totally forgot that the hyuga's were born with there byukgan , and the sharigan has to be obtained, so maybe the sharigan and im sure they are way harder to learn than byukagan , but itachi mastered it at age 7 so who knows.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:37   Link #5
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak

Okay, where do we start?

Watch it dont start a wild fire of piss fights now with arguements,
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:37   Link #6
Shadamehr

Can somebody explain to me how "Neji can do this, why can't Sasuke?" isn't a part of "Neji vs Sasuke"? How do we answer this question without making comparisons between Neji and Sasuke? How is this question itself not also a statement which supports the idea that Neji > Sasuke?

Anyway, as sarcasteak pointed out, Neji's got a lot more experience with the Byakugan than Sasuke with the Sharingan, and also we don't know the relative difficulties of the two bloodlines. Also, a very big variable is that Neji is simply a greater genius within the Hyugas than Sasuke is within the Uchihas. Does this mean overall he's better than Sasuke? We don't know. But we do know that Neji has been hailed as the most gifted amongst the Hyugas, especially *because* he could learn those two ultimate techniques on his own. Sasuke, on the other hand, wasn't even considered a particularly remarkable Uchiha by the time he had reached the age where Itachi had graduated at the top of his class.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:43   Link #7
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
It dosen't necessarily mean Sasuke overall is better, but Neji certainly has a much better grasp over his bloodline than does Sasuke. But, like Sarcasteak said, it's really apples and oranges. As much as anyone wants to count the fact that Neji did it on his own, he was raised by and within his clan, I'm sure he watched plenty of action and practicing growing up. Sasuke had nothing, every sharingan user was completely wiped out at a young age, he had nothing to go by. You can't really compare him to Itachi either, Itachi is a genius among geniuses, apparently the most powerful Uchiha ever.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 18:59   Link #8
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

"I figured since sasuke has seen the mangkeyou with his sharigan he could somewhat train and learn on his own, but i guess he cant, he has to resort to oro."

1) Who said sasuke CAN'T learn some sharingan abilities on his own? It would just obviously be alot faster to have someone teach him. Sasuke doesn't seem able to use his sharingan very well yet. Kakashi taught him how to use the chidori, he didn't just show it to him and Sasuke copy it with his Sharingan. Doesn't sasuke only have the two black marks in his eyes still instead of the three? Maybe his isn't fully developed yet.
2) Sasuke going to Oro is simply because Sasuke is impatient and wants to become more powerful now and not later.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 01:48   Link #9
Kamui4356
Aria Company

There is a slight problem with the question the thread starter asked. It assumes that the kaiten and hakkate(sp?) are abilities inherent to the byakugan. This really isn't true though. They are abilities that use the byakugan, but they don't originate from it. Anyone could learn either, but without the byakugan, they'd be useless. Amaterasu and tsukiyomi on the other hand originate from the sharingan itself, making them more problematic to learn. Also Sasuke's sharingan isn't advanced enough to use them. Once Sasuke develops a mangekyo sharingan, he can then train to use tsukiyomi. However, I don't think Sasuke even knows that amaterasu exists. That's something he's probably going to discover by accident sometime. Hopefully he won't be looking at anything... sensitive... when he does discover it.
Old 2004-06-12, 06:34   Link #10
Kage Bunshin
Merely a shadow...

As people said, sasuke need the the fully developed sharingan (3 commas) to start practicing the two eye jutsus - tsukiyomi and amaterasu. Once sasuke is able to get his sharingan to that level, he should be able to figure those jutsus out.
Kage Bunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 09:12   Link #11
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
The Sharingan DOES NOT have to be awaken by battle.

This is what Haku said
What a boy. Although it is still incomplete. he wakened his ability during battle.

You can waken it by training also.
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:04   Link #12
CyberPunk

considering hyuuga are all -born- with the byukagan, i would hope neji would be able to use his bloodline ability better. remember, not all uchiha members have the sharingan, it appears in only a select few. not to mention he just recently awakened his eyes with no other clan members to show him its secrets. and like kamui said, neji's techniques do not really require the byukagan to use. when i think about it, the sharingan seems to be a more complex ability to master.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 23:34   Link #13
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Funny thing is niether Neji nor Sasuke are using their bloodline limits, so what's this thread really about?
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 23:41   Link #14
KirbyMorph

Where did it say all the Hyuuga are born with the byukagan? Is that a fact or is it only in some of the family members? Not saying anyone is wrong, just didnt think everyone had it.

As for why Neji is learning more than Saskue, Neji is a year older, little more mature, more developed, etc that comes with it at that age. Also, from what I understand, Neji actually practices a lot more. I dont think it was explicitly stated anywhere, but I always get the impression that Neji trains more. Just stuff I hear from Rock and most flashes of Neji/ten-ten/rock show them training, not always with Gai around. Saskue doesnt seem to do this as much aside from his month with Kakashi. This is just the impression I get, it isnt a fact or anything. Just how I interpret Neji's personality vs Saskue. Saskue seems to think hes the next best thing while Neji seems to work to be the next best thing to go with his attitude.
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 23:47   Link #15
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyMorph
Where did it say all the Hyuuga are born with the byukagan? Is that a fact or is it only in some of the family members? Not saying anyone is wrong, just didnt think everyone had it.

As for why Neji is learning more than Saskue, Neji is a year older, little more mature, more developed, etc that comes with it at that age. Also, from what I understand, Neji actually practices a lot more. I dont think it was explicitly stated anywhere, but I always get the impression that Neji trains more. Just stuff I hear from Rock and most flashes of Neji/ten-ten/rock show them training, not always with Gai around. Saskue doesnt seem to do this as much aside from his month with Kakashi. This is just the impression I get, it isnt a fact or anything. Just how I interpret Neji's personality vs Saskue. Saskue seems to think hes the next best thing while Neji seems to work to be the next best thing to go with his attitude.
check ep 61-63 don't remember which one exactly. I agree about their attitudes
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 20:06   Link #16
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
All Hyuugas are borned with the Byakugan (its fact). One cant really compare those two bloodlines when it comes to difficulity.

After what i've experienced while watching Naruto, is that Sharingan is a bit more complex than Byakugan. The fighting style that the Hyuugas uses are not bloodline techniques, but yust a family secret, while the techniques from the Uchiha seems to have it mains source from the Sharingan.

In that mather its remarkable that Neji alone managed to grab the 2 secret techniques from the main family, and teach them all by him self.

But it seems to me that the mangekyo uses alot of chakra, and maybe Sasuke doesnt have the right amount to use it. Ore maybe the technique is to complex to Sasuke to learn yet. I doubt that the dots in his eyes are a factor when it comes to learn his eye-jutsus.

But it would be smart to wait and let the time show. And plz dont start a Hyuuga vs Uchiha discussion. Just stay to the topic=P (There is always 2 sides in discussion, thry to see them both)
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 00:26   Link #17
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Well, you could look at their motivation. Sasuke's motivation to become stronger it the desire to kill his brother. Neji's stems from his hatred of the Main Family. Who's had his longer? So it could be that Neji just tried harder longer.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 04:26   Link #18
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuran420
Neji was able to learn his bloodline techniques on his own why cant Sasuke?

I think Neji is a genius i mean he those techniques are only taught to the Main branch family yet he learned them totally on his own, Neji is tha shit.

Dont turn this into a sasuke vrs neji or sharigan vrs byukagan thread.

I figured since sasuke has seen the mangkeyou with his sharigan he could somewhat train and learn on his own, but i guess he cant, he has to resort to oro.
Neji is a genius, Sasuke was the #1 Rookie of his class, but was he also praised as a genius??
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 08:27   Link #19
UchihaNick
Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryota
Neji is a genius, Sasuke was the #1 Rookie of his class, but was he also praised as a genius??
ehm, neji was also the #1 rookie of the time

sasuke was seen as a genius by haku ( notthe exact words tho ) "to awaken that ability in a battle"

neji doesnt have contact with the head family, but his side of the clan also knows a few things or 2 about the byukagan. face it, sasuke is alone, he doesnt even know what the sharingan is capable of ( omfg first time i defend sasuke )
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 14:42   Link #20
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Neji wears nike athletes tape ... while Sasuke settled for the cheaper konoha brand.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote