AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 11:27   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hakuoro's perfect at the age of mid 20s, perfect age also his style of character.
Old 2006-04-21, 18:10   Link #242
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Alexander the Great was 18 when he began to conquer the world, ya know - and died at the age of 32 from a fever.

Must of been some fever.
As far as we can tell our guesses are properbly as good as the creators, they properbly dont know their age, untill they put something down that is. We dont even know the place they live is earth or not. So god knows how long a year is there.

Well its too early in the show so far I guess we will later find out.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 02:02   Link #243
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Wow, I say this is my new favorite anime. Well, one of many, I've checked out so many lately with this new season and all.

Anywho, I'm really liking this series so far. I hope it one day becomes liscensed and released over here, that'd be good.

Also, is the game Japan only?
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 02:26   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, the game (which is kind of an RPG with visual novel characteristics - for PC) is in japanese only. There's a PS2 version in the works but also only in japanese.

The game can be ordered through exporters but I'm currently trying to find an exporter that doesn't charge a premium price for it (I'm a bit suspicious of Himeyashop's prices these days).

Bah... every place I tried I ran into that damned "software games are strategic resources and can't be shipped out of the country" bullshit (especially annoying with amazon.co.jp where it was listed at 36% off MSRP). Completely idiotic...

My normal source www.nippon-export.com is overwhelmed with requests at the moment (I should be happy they're so popular) so I ended up ordering it from Himeyashop.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-22 at 03:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 06:37   Link #245
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
"software games are strategic resources and can't be shipped out of the country"

Strategic resources ??? Why?
Old 2006-04-22, 06:56   Link #246
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Strategic resources ??? Why?
This is actually no different than it is in the US. Export laws controlling computer software and hardware are actually quite strict, and I don't believe they make any kind of distinction between kinds of software. In the US it requires a special license to export, and I doubt it's an different in Japan.
Old 2006-04-22, 17:25   Link #247
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

I just watched the first 2 eps and really enjoyed them. I've read the posts from the last couple of days and I'd like to share my thoughts. I'll spoiler them just in case.

Spoiler:

Last edited by mytrivo; 2006-04-23 at 15:47.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 20:03   Link #248
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

From the trailer of the series, it looks like there are a lot of interesting characters that will be in this series.

And Eruruu and Aruruu are too cute. I really like their cute lil' ears and tails.

I thought it was also really cute when
Spoiler:
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:02   Link #249
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Looks like Static-Subs is also going to sub this show. Feel kinda tempted to check their version.
Old 2006-04-22, 23:33   Link #250
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
yeah, the game (which is kind of an RPG with visual novel characteristics - for PC) is in japanese only. There's a PS2 version in the works but also only in japanese.

The game can be ordered through exporters but I'm currently trying to find an exporter that doesn't charge a premium price for it (I'm a bit suspicious of Himeyashop's prices these days).

Bah... every place I tried I ran into that damned "software games are strategic resources and can't be shipped out of the country" bullshit (especially annoying with amazon.co.jp where it was listed at 36% off MSRP). Completely idiotic...

My normal source www.nippon-export.com is overwhelmed with requests at the moment (I should be happy they're so popular) so I ended up ordering it from Himeyashop.
It's practically the same for those small minority group over here in Japan who wishes to play games such as EA Sport's NFL games - they go through a lot of things and US export restrictions to get the game over here. Fortunately, people who wants to play American PS2 games in Japan are a very small majority, so no one really cares. On the other hand, a large portion of people outside of Japan seems to drool over at the games we have here, so you guys have to get stuck with the legal mumbo-jumbos concerning export laws.

So while you have to pay close to retail price for something that I assume the company bought at the clearance sale bin for less than 2000 yen, I can pick those old ero-games if I wanted to at used game shops for 5-for-5000 sales. Added plus, I don't get stuck with extra more in shipping fees either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
From the trailer of the series, it looks like there are a lot of interesting characters that will be in this series.

And Eruruu and Aruruu are too cute. I really like their cute lil' ears and tails.

I thought it was also really cute when
Spoiler:
x Kokouro
o Hakuoro
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 23:50   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It must be the mask ... it confuses our minds and makes us mogrify his name.

aye... fortunately, I don't often buy software from thataway --- the CDs, manga, and other stuff are priced much more "in line with my expectations" (plus I can block it up and reduce cost of shipping more easily).
Old 2006-04-23, 01:07   Link #252
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
...In the game, Hakuoro gets his name earlier on, and Aruruw gets on friendly terms with him earlier on because he offered help with Aruruw's honeycomb obsession.
Oh, so that's what that yellow substance was during the opening that showed her eating something. I already guessed it was probably honey or something but never went to comfirm it. I can imaging all the cute and adorable things that'll happen when that episode airs.

Man oh man, I can't wait for the opening song to be released. I really like it alot!
Old 2006-04-23, 07:10   Link #253
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

thread needs pictures...

I think i'll put some up

Man finding picture for this is hard, anyone else have some lying around?
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 10:08   Link #254
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I watched the third episode now.(It's been released by Yesy fansubs. )

Some thoughs of episode 3:
Spoiler:

How many episodes will it be?
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 10:40   Link #255
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
How many episodes will it be?
It is a 26 episode series, if I am not mistakened.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 10:50   Link #256
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
thread needs pictures...

I think i'll put some up

Man finding picture for this is hard, anyone else have some lying around?
I actually posted a very nice wallpaper some pages ago. But here are some more:

I even have one from someone that looks like Aruruu & Eruruu's mother. Not sure if it's real or not and not sure if I can post it here.

EDIT: Oh, just found another pair:

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2006-04-23 at 11:06.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 10:57   Link #257
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'm surprised there's not a single mention of Mononoke Hime in this thread. As this was the first thing that came to mind when I watched the first ep. Even Mutikapa seems to be based on Nago (i.e. crazed local demon/diety ravaging the village).
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 11:11   Link #258
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I'm surprised there's not a single mention of Mononoke Hime in this thread. As this was the first thing that came to mind when I watched the first ep. Even Mutikapa seems to be based on Nago (i.e. crazed local demon/diety ravaging the village).
For me,Mononoke is much more sexier and stylish.What I think is that both are referenced by the folklore tales.But Utawarerumono is alittle bit lighter version,but still early to think in that way.

edit:
Another one thing, Mononoke used to wears short-trousers and Ereru and her sister used to wear full dress[thumbs down >_>].

[offtopic]
Your RAY avatar looking cool !
[/offtopic]
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 11:35   Link #259
Kensuke

Utawarerumono is getting better episode by episode, third episode was very good, and introduced several new characters. I like the pace of the series.
Spoiler for ep. 3:

Tailgrab wallpaper:

Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 11:36   Link #260
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
For me,Mononoke is much more sexier and stylish.What I think is that both are referenced by the folklore tales.But Utawarerumono is alittle bit lighter version,but still early to think in that way.

edit:
Another one thing, Mononoke used to wears short-trousers and Ereru and her sister used to wear full dress[thumbs down >_>].
That's interesting, not many people think of Mononoke Hime as being sexy. Personally I think it's Miyazaki's sexiest film and San his hottest leading lady.

Anyway, on topic, as other's have mentioned I thought the tail grab scene was one of the cutest and funniest things I've seen in a while.

The 'lighting' is especially good in this show. That's something you don't always see done effectively in anime. The interior scenes, especially the night time ones (with those glowing stones), are very atmospheric. It has quite a lot in common with Aria in that sense.

I have to say, I was a little discouraged to learn the anime is based on a dreaded 'H' game. But I don't think we'll be seeing any of that in this show, thankfully...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
[offtopic]
Your RAY avatar looking cool !
[/offtopic]
Thanks, took me ages to get that under 50K! The OP has so many giffable sequences...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, aquaplus, bishoujo, kemonomimi, leaf, olm, rpg