AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-05, 19:55   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The CG wasn't too bad but it will still take some time getting used to (much like dragonaut). But the story is sure classic. It seems like another cheesy story like dragonaut but perhaps with a darker theme ~ though that is usually a bad sign for something disappointing. Gonzo should just stick to comedies imo

Well I might give this another two eps before deciding what to do with it.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 20:29   Link #42
Tenerezza

Seems this show is licensed by GONZO

http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/

Can be streamed for free from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5DLElScRk

Last edited by Tenerezza; 2008-04-05 at 20:59.
Tenerezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 20:31   Link #43
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 20:34   Link #44
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

No joke. It's only the 2nd announced world-wide license by GONZO. The first one to air was The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of URUK. That's why it's a simultaneous world-wide broadcast on YouTube Japan, Crunchyroll and BOST TV and the Japanese channels.

I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Maybe the mods will move this thread now.
Old 2008-04-05, 21:07   Link #45
Slice of Life
eyewitness

LOL screenshot? Maybe the joke is too subtle. It took me a while to notice that.
Old 2008-04-05, 22:08   Link #46
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I get the feeling that this anime is going to catch everyone off guard and be a hit. I'm not kidding either, putting the cg aside the story definitely has potential, and the character designs look really good, except the doctor (I don't like her hair).

And anyway, there really isn't any show that combines 3d with 2d well, it's not like it's just Gonzo. The only show I can think of that did do it well was GITS, and even then I didn't really like the combination.

Of course it's all a matter of opinion, but you definitely can't make judgments only after one episode and use the basis that it's made by the same producers of Dragonaut The Resonance to decide where the anime is going.

Who knows, maybe I'm being to optimistic, but I definitely don't like the fact that people are being so negative about it's faults. If you didn't like it just say you didn't like it. Sorry if I sound like an asshole, I just feel their needs to be at least one person out there who is willing to defend Gonzo.
Old 2008-04-06, 03:07   Link #47
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Her boobs weren't that big. There are titles with chicks with bigger boobs coming out. She is at least realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Except that GONZO has so many series with no abundance of big boobs...
Its only episode 1 anyway,and its just a matter of time before they introduce more female characters in the anime.And it won't be a mistake for sure to say that those female characters will have a big boobs with them too.

But even if i say "big boobs",i hope it won't be that "big" and look so unrealistic just like those from Dragonaut aka Boobanaut.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 09:34   Link #48
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i heard a lot of people complaining so i wasn't expecting anything too good, and at the beginning i kinda thought "this is mediocre" too,
that happened for two reasons, at first i was watching this on youtube and second in the parts where people are mostly CGI with painted faces the frame rate goes to like 8 or something.
so that really wasn't all that good, and generally the movement of the CGI people were not that natural.
but after about the 7 minute i downloaded the cruchyroll version and watched it instead,
i re watched everything from the beginning and it all looked a lot better, but what i just mentioned was still there, on the other hand the action parts were x10 better when i watched it like that..
and then came the second half of the episode and of course the action.
it all looked really really good and there the CGI blended well with the normal animation.

in the end the only bad thing i can really say about this is that the CGI at the beginning wasn't too good and that they really cut corners when the made the models for most of the one-time objects that appeared in the ep(like some of the cars and bikes).. i'd say that they should have animated them normally if they didn't want to invest in models of things that they weren't planning to use too much..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 11:16   Link #49
arkxkra
全力全開

erm, just watched, not bad, this anime alot of CG. Continue follow for few more episode to see want to continue or not, but I like the pink hair girl .
Old 2008-04-06, 19:12   Link #50
mandarb916

The impression that Amanda is not Willhelmina from Shana is too weak...that aside though, it looks like it'll be interesting. Wasn't on my radar originally.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 19:34   Link #51
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
The impression that Amanda is not Willhelmina from Shana is too weak...that aside though, it looks like it'll be interesting. Wasn't on my radar originally.
I thought she'd sound more loli~ish, but she sounds a lot more like Wilhelmina minus the "de arimasu".
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 22:03   Link #52
rg4619

The abundance of cheesy-looking CG at the beginning put me off. However, I found the second half of the episode to be well-paced and reasonably enjoyable.

Say what you will about the studio's history or the bad CG (neither are conclusive reasons to write off a show), but I think there's potential here.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:11   Link #53
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I didn't find anything wrong with the CG tbh, in fact i loved it. Ulike Druga and Dragonaut i think i can enjoy this one fully.

The first ep was pretty awesome IMO, better than any of the other first eps they've released for a while. Can't wait for episode 2!!
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:26   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
And anyway, there really isn't any show that combines 3d with 2d well, it's not like it's just Gonzo. The only show I can think of that did do it well was GITS, and even then I didn't really like the combination.
You haven't seen Macross Frontier? Gonzo's fall show in Kurogane no Line barrels looks a lot better too in this regard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:38   Link #55
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Are they going to be releasing all the episodes like this, or was it just the first one as a teaser. TBH if they do them all, i'll probably buy them rather than get the fansubs. $5 isn't all that much, and i do prefer to support them as much as possible.
Old 2008-04-07, 04:41   Link #56
Jiyuu

all of the episodes will be released like this..

about the CGI, i think that they have some of the best CG around, the thing is they are trying to make the CG look more like 2D animation so it's taking them time to get it to be like that..
macross doesn't look 2D at all it looks like an HQ CGI..
if you take a look at some of the frames of blassreiter you will see that the CGI looks just like normal animation at times..
Old 2008-04-07, 05:49   Link #57
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

sweet, guess this is one series i wont be following as fansubs then $2 an episode isnt that bad, shame other companies dont follow suit.
Old 2008-04-07, 07:04   Link #58
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I get the feeling that this anime is going to catch everyone off guard and be a hit. I'm not kidding either, putting the cg aside the story definitely has potential, and the character designs look really good, except the doctor (I don't like her hair).
Ill take that Bet. I just cant trust Gonzo anymore too many bitter memories.
Old 2008-04-07, 07:22   Link #59
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i ll stick to my words (and will maybe regret them later) this anime has the potential to replace dragonaut in our hearts.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 08:54   Link #60
Jiyuu

it always have that potential, but it also has the potential to be the next last exile :P

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi