AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 11:31   Link #221
ZenithTheOne

So far Makoto didn't have a decent "deeper" line of dialogue in the whole nine episodes of the series. When we got a close up with he was really thinking at certain moments of the show it always was something like "she's hot; that's so hot; from this angle she DOES look hot; hot hot hot ect.". Those one-liners cracked me up everytime he did them, not to mention his constant breast and bum grabbing fetish.

You got to admit it he makes an awful person but a great male lead for a drama-filled anime like School Days. Never ever did I see somone so devoid of deeper thoughts and common sense in anime.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:31   Link #222
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Theres one thing i didnt get in this epi,in the end when sekai and makoto are dancing he does a sad face those this means...he still has guts to like kotoO_O?!?!
Hes he that stupid and insensive to think that he can still go to koto and start dating her after all that?!?!
Old 2007-08-30, 11:33   Link #223
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I actually think, Echoes, that he can have common sense once in a while, but he's too impulsive to actually put it to any use. But that's basically what you just said, I guess.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:36   Link #224
ZenithTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabane_Kun View Post
Theres one thing i didnt get in this epi,in the end when sekai and makoto are dancing he thinks about koto and does a sad face those this means...he still has guts to like kotoO_O?!?!
Hes he that stupid and insensive to think that he can still go to koto and start dating her after all that?!?!
Well considering his previous actions he wouldn't exactly start dating Kotonoha but if she offered sex (which she did already) he would have gladly switched sides over to Kotonoha until he got bored. Then he would probably go and find some other girl he could have sex with. I guess Makoto is the type of person that's out for "easy pray". If he has to do something more than have sex in a relationship he gets bored to easy and gets tired fast also.

P.S Posting spree.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:39   Link #225
ACE2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
You're wrong. Makoto knows very well what he's doing. He has referred to himself as terrible, and obviously sees how his acts have a negative impact on Kotonoha. His problem is that he just can't say no to sex, and apparently, the more the merrier. He is at fault, and he's aware enough to be blamed for everything he does. He is stupid, but he's not without empathy or common sense.
Haha!!! Believe me, if he knew what the heck he was doing, he would've stopped A LONG time ago. Okay, let me rephrase that. He doesn't have "relationship sense". All jokes aside, if Katsura believes that Makoto is her man as she keeps insisting, THEN FIGHT FOR HIM DAMN IT!! I just cringe watching her get pushed around like that while everyone else has their pickings and Makoto is doing as he pleases with no consequences. Basically, she's somewhat condoning what's he's doing because she isn't kicking ass and taking names. I realize that it may be too much for her to do it, but if you love the guy THAT MUCH, you need to handle your man. Period.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:39   Link #226
ZenithTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I actually think, Echoes, that he can have common sense once in a while, but he's too impulsive to actually put it to any use. But that's basically what you just said, I guess.
If common sense consists of taking oportunities as they come (meaning loads of intercourse with girls), then yes he has alot of common sense
Old 2007-08-30, 11:40   Link #227
Echoes

Yes, Makoto does have common sense. I can't say whether he's actually smart or not, but I can say for certain that he doesn't care for any of the girls he's involved with. After witnessing what happened to Kotonoha when he was unfaithful, he still wants to put Sekai through the same thing.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:42   Link #228
ZenithTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Yes, Makoto does have common sense. I can't say whether he's actually smart or not, but I can say for certain that he doesn't care for any of the girls he's involved with. After witnessing what happened to Kotonoha when he was unfaithful, he still wants to put Sekai through the same thing.
Isn't that called being unsensitive rather than having common sense ?
Old 2007-08-30, 11:43   Link #229
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
So we have two options:

1.- He's smart enough to know he's hurting the girls, so he's an asshole, or;

2.- He's got no common sense and doesn't realize it, so he's really stupid.

In either case, if people decide to dislike him for either reason, it's justified, I think. And like I said, I do acknowledge that the girls lack self respect and guts.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:44   Link #230
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Here is some food for thought. Even though Makoto never officially broke up with Koto everyone assumes they have because of the time hes been spending with Sekai, everything thinks so with the exception of one person Koto. Now add in that Sekai and Makoto danced together at the bon dance. Very public everyone saw and they already explained what dancing together means there its an announcement that you are a couple. Which is why it was important to Sekai and why she said the iine about being his girlfriend. When all is said and done no matter what Koto says everyone will think that Sekai and Makoto are dating the whole school was there. Its a sad fate so now after the tragedy that befell Koto if she tries to get comfort from Makoto (not that he has the sense to actual care) or tries to clear up the situation everyone will think she is trying to take Makoto away from Sekai its very messy. Just thought i would point that out
Yeah, that's why I think Kotonoha should go slaughter everyone.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:46   Link #231
ACE2003

Hmm...I think after watching episode 9, he's leaning more towards Sekai at this point. They seemingly get along better while he really doesn't share too much in common with Katsura. I'm looking for Katsura to do something drastic to keep Makoto. Poor girl has been getting push around so long and to hear that "her man" (I'm using this loosely as she isn't putting up much of a fight) is getting taken by other girls, something is bound to happen. Yes, I think he would be better with Sekai. She knows to a certain extent how to keep him in line while Katsura has become too timid.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:49   Link #232
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithTheOne View Post
Isn't that called being unsensitive rather than having common sense ?
Are the concepts mutually exclusive? I also think he's insensitive. I think he has a normal sense of intelligence and ability to deduce situations, but he's incredibly selfish, and does what only benefits himself, regardless.
Old 2007-08-30, 11:50   Link #233
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Lets just say that makoto lives for the moment he does whats best for him in the moment and doesnt care about the consequences cuz he never gets punished by no one,and so he will continue to do as he pleases until someone around im give im some taste of reality but that will be to late for any fix to be made...
Old 2007-08-30, 11:50   Link #234
ZenithTheOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003 View Post
Hmm...I think after watching episode 9, he's leaning more towards Sekai at this point. They seemingly get along better while he really doesn't share too much in common with Katsura. I'm looking for Katsura to do something drastic to keep Makoto. Poor girl has been getting push around so long and to hear that "her man" (I'm using this loosely as she isn't putting up much of a fight) is getting taken by other girls, something is bound to happen. Yes, I think he would be better with Sekai. She knows to a certain extent how to keep him in line while Katsura has become too timid.
Kotonoha being the desprate and lonely girl that she is, might do something really awful/selfdegrading in the following episode/s. Let's hope for a anime original ending.

Spoiler for For endings::
Old 2007-08-30, 12:00   Link #235
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
So we have two options:

1.- He's smart enough to know he's hurting the girls, so he's an asshole, or;

2.- He's got no common sense and doesn't realize it, so he's really stupid.

In either case, if people decide to dislike him for either reason, it's justified, I think. And like I said, I do acknowledge that the girls lack self respect and guts.
Im going to vote for number 2 iv said since the series began hes not TRYING to be a bad person. I think he honestly has no common sense and truly does not realize how he is hurting people. Given that he is that dense and no one has stepped and told him straight out he assums that what he is doing is ok. AFter all no one has said a word to him about it not it makes it right.

Lets put it this way you do something that hurts someone but you dont realize it. Then people start hating you this goes on for some quite sometime and you have no clue why people are acting this way. Then someone comes up to you and lets you know why said person is angry with you. What would say i guarentee you would say why didnt he/she let me know i had upset them. You cant change what you dont know. Even though i am disgusted with him i dont think he is a bad peson at heart just really reall REALLY STUPID. I think if Koto told Motoko everything he has done to hurt her he would be horrified. Look how he reacted when he saw those 20 messages. Out of sight out of mind he doesnt realize things but if jumps right in his face he gets it for a limited amount of time. Examples

1. 20 messages sent by Koto he realized he fucked and rushed to meet her. It didnt work out that way but he realized it for about 10 seconds

2.Dancing with Koto when she finally said the word girlfriend some in his tiny mind clicked. Why? because it was being said directly and staring right at him. Now i dont know what he thought about during that time but to me he realized something or he had potty accident and was hoping no one saw the drizzle
Old 2007-08-30, 12:09   Link #236
asandari

If he only did what benefits himself, why did he help setsuna? Just wondering...

And I think that is exactly what happened with this episode. Makoto finally realized what he's been doing. He's had somewhat of an idea, however lack of confrontation and his overzealous lust blinded him. (Which I believe he mistook for love in the beginning). He certainly doesn't have any "relationship sense", but he's not insensitive. He stood up for Kotonoha after all. Though it could be argued that was to his own benefit as well I don't really believe this to be the case. (Wouldn't he have just answered Sekai joyfully with a yes at the end of episode 9 if he was doing everything for his own benefit?)

The reason that Makoto's conscience hasn't kicked in yet, is because of the extremely unfortunate circumstances that the girls have no self-esteem, and allow him to do as he pleases with no firm resistance. This argument, of course, doesn't make Makoto innocent, but everything can't be pitted on him either.

If it was that clean cut, it wouldn't be such an intriguingly frustrating anime.

As for the 20 messages thing, it seems Makoto also lacks an attention span, or perhaps his lust and curiosity overcame him? I wonder what thoughts were going through his head when he went to meet kotonoha. That seems to be left ambiguous at this point... and the series certainly isn't trying to make the audience sympathize with Makoto xD

Last edited by asandari; 2007-08-30 at 12:13. Reason: additions
Old 2007-08-30, 12:11   Link #237
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
He should just keep getting all the sex he can get while he's still in HS. Eventually all of the girls should end up hating him and then he can move on to someone else without any worries
Old 2007-08-30, 12:12   Link #238
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ without worry? erm... since msome girls were able to shatter Kotonoha reputation, guess what would happen if Makoto's case begin to be public?
Batshit.
Old 2007-08-30, 12:19   Link #239
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
It wouldn't be that bad, he'd be a legend among men in his school. He could always date a girl from another school or something
There are worst things that can be put public besides having the reputation of a pimp
Old 2007-08-30, 12:23   Link #240
Echoes

It seems you're only considering the case from Makoto's point of view, Darkside. That's a rather warped perception.

Last edited by Echoes; 2007-08-30 at 12:24. Reason: minor typo
Closed Thread