Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 15:13   Link #301
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
So a few things I'm wondering about this "crossover"
- I've been wondering about Davis for a bit, because he seems like the odd-man out as he was dependent on Stingmon to reach his final form. My guess is he'll be able to digi-xros as well and has stingmon on him because.... why not. If not, maybe they can golden armor digivolve him to magnamon.
- Theoretically all of the mains should be able to warp digivolve to their mega forms in some way, so I don't know if we'll see their other forms, but this is simply speculation off the fact that the current mains just warp to their strongest forms with just some supplements via digi xros.
- In the silhouette of everyone, Takuya didn't have a digimon next to him, so he'll probably be digivolving as he normally would.
- I wonder if Duke will be a fusion of Takato/Guilemon or if they'll just keep it on Guilemon. Man I can't wait to see how they're going to explain any of this.
- Also, yeah both Agumons seem different, Masaru's seemingly looks bigger and not as cute.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 22:55   Link #302
Akashin

Not sure where they're going with Daisuke, but Magnamon is a safe bet (they won't give him Digi Xros, and even if he has Stingmon they wouldn't be able to Jogress with just Daisuke). And I'd like to think that they wouldn't go so far as to give Guilmon the ability to evolve to Dukemon on his own, if even Takato retains the ability to Matrix Evolve in this season (I imagine he will though). Takuya probably has the necessary spirits to use KaiserGreymon, too.

What I'm more worried about than anything is how strong they'll be portrayed as, given that power levels have been up and down all throughout both seasons of Xros Wars (Lucemon last season, anyone?). It'll bug me if Arresterdramon is as strong as Dukemon, for example. But I'm willing to be optimistic that they'd know better than to nerf the old protagonists like that.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:02   Link #303
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Well, we also don't know when in each series the old members were pulled from so speculation's a bit hard. The only one we can place is Marcus based on his clothing but the rest...

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 23:27   Link #304
Akashin

You can somewhat infer just based on their respective strength. For example Taichi's MetalGreymon and Takato's MegaloGrowmon would be unlikely to do jack against OmegaShoutmon (I'd like to say they'd match Arresterdramon, though in reality I doubt they would), so for the sake of a fair fight I'd think they will have access to WarGreymon and Dukemon (maybe even Crimson Mode) respectively. Magnamon is likely on the same level as OmegaShoutmon I'd think, but XV-mon would just be a waste of time against any of the current main characters (so would Lighdramon, probably).

You're right in that we can't say anything with certainty, but I think a certain degree of prediction can be made.
Old 2012-01-12, 01:16   Link #305
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Trying to compare levels of strength really is a tricky thing. Especially when Xros Wars pretty much threw levels out the window and you have to pretty much compare as you go. Plus depends on where they will settle OmegaShoutmon. After all he wasn't even the strongest force they had in the first season of Xros Wars, still had DX, and X7. Of course then could say WarGreymon wasn't the most powerful if you bring the movies and thus Omnimon/Omegamon into it. So even with the first season I have no idea where they are going to draw the line in terms of strength. Of course personally having Arresterdramon being stronger than even Greymon seems insulting :P.

But let's see what will happen. Especially since a good point is made that there isn't a guarantee guys will be brought from their strongest point either.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:41   Link #306
Akashin

OmegaShoutmon has been all over the place. In his first appearance he made a joke out of Tactimon (Tactimon at full power, with any additional strength he may have gained from the human world on top of that), but shortly after he was trumped by Dorbickmon (who ZeekGreymon was able to take out, though that could just be because OmegaShoutmon is more a speed fighter where ZeekGreymon is all brute force). Now this season OmegaShoutmon is only fighting Perfects on a good day. I figured that OmegaShoutmon was somewhat like Magnamon, being a Perfect with power closer to an Ultimate, but they really make judging that a chore.
Old 2012-01-12, 10:47   Link #307
gameboy234

68 seem to open up many possibilities of plot. Enjoyed kiriha appearance in this ep, still his same old self, impose himself strongly as a legendary hero.

The filler is killing me and i'm glad to have this ep. Preview show that going to back to the boring filler..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 10:57   Link #308
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
68 seem to open up many possibilities of plot. Enjoyed kiriha appearance in this ep, still his same old self, impose himself strongly as a legendary hero.

The filler is killing me and i'm glad to have this ep. Preview show that going to back to the boring filler..
Next week does look like more filler, but at the same time not quite. It could just be me and I could just be reading too much into it, but next week still looks a lot more serious than what we've been getting. Particularly Taiki's facial expression during that one part of the preview (you almost certainly know what I'm talking about if you've watched it). I'm hoping next week will have more substance, even if it's a wasted effort.
Old 2012-01-14, 17:10   Link #309
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

69.... Not funny anymore

Spoiler for Xros Wars 69:

Last edited by trinitem; 2012-01-14 at 17:20.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:47   Link #310
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
69.... Not funny anymore

Lol yeah, it was like Shoutmon was waaaaay stronger in episode 1 than anything.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:16   Link #311
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 68: Assembly of Hunters! Digimon Competition in the Southern Islands!

So, this is it! The turnaround episode that made the plot to move, and a guest-star character appeared to lend a helping hand.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2012-01-19 at 22:43.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 11:25   Link #312
Akashin

Quote:
69.... Not funny anymore

Spoiler for Ep 69:
Old 2012-01-19, 15:06   Link #313
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 02:23   Link #314
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

A cape does not fix failure! Okay, so maybe it does..... sometimes, but not this time.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 08:13   Link #315
Akashin

Quote:
A cape does not fix failure! Okay, so maybe it does..... sometimes, but not this time.
Cape? I thought those were golden wings. But yeah, it's got nothing on X7's Superior Mode (and not just because X7 Superior Mode could win half its fights just by blinding you with how damn shiny it is ).
Old 2012-01-20, 11:31   Link #316
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Is it his Ultimate form or just a X-up ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 11:35   Link #317
Akashin

Definitely looks like a new Evolution to me, though you'd think the use of Superior Mode might imply it being similar to X7 Superior Mode (and there's been no mention of the Code Crown this season, so those two being similar is a long shot).
Old 2012-01-22, 13:01   Link #318
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 69: Want Friends? The Demon Phelesmon's Promise

At least to me, this episode didn't look like a total waste. This time they tossed again a very dark, digimon antagonist for the week.

Pretty much the episode was based on the play Faust with Phelesmon being the greatest nod to the Devil character of the play; Makoto as Faust exchanging his being for the sake of making friends; and the proverbial contract that almost doom the protagonists along with the whole school.

This could have been a good and dark episode in comparison to the Tamers episode when Rika got tempted by the IceDevimon.

If anything, Phelesmon was portrayed as simply misguided by its own perceived ideals about power through friendship, and it almost beated our heroes.

Just too bad that he'll get pretty dumbed down by the Digimon Hunting now that it's been captured, as somebody else pointed out.
Old 2012-01-24, 20:57   Link #319
Akashin

Spoiler for Ep 70:
Old 2012-01-28, 14:34   Link #320
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 70: Heartracing Fear Experience! The Spirit Hunter Bellows!!

I actually think this episode has a good start setting up the creepy and dreaded ghost-hunting environment, and Kaoru possesses an assertive and courageous personality which I take fond of for girls of her type.

The issue here is that the ghost hunting mood became pretty much wretched by Tagiru's ghost phobia rants, and once he deduced the supposed spirit to be an actual Digimon he went automatically head over heels for the hunt.
The mood was pretty much broken once Airu entered the scene, though I got to admit her hysterical antics attempting to hog Yuu all by herself were pretty entertaining.

Good points to mention were Kaoru being a strong and assertive girl, and Taiki not involving himself at all in Tagiru and Yuu's ghost-hunting because had to stay behind to help the baseball club. I forgot to add that there was no actual Digimon-hunting, because both Patamon and Poyomon were neither abusive nor evil in any sense.

Bad points are that Kaoru won't be making anymore appearances after this, and Tagiru again doesn't get any kind of development in his character to indicate that he'll eventually surpass Taiki.

The next episode (that means this week's episode) would be pretty much dumb.