AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-23, 01:22   Link #201
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Lightbulb

"Even so, to go on an adventure with people that invited her should make her feel a little more reassured.

Even if this was the first time she was invited by a male… there were still two other females in the party. So……"

Basically from the first chapter.
anyone know what they meant with this?
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 01:22   Link #202
pervypig

Which vol spoiler do u guys want anyway. The Chinese for Vol2 came out, but not vol 3.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 08:15   Link #203
kaikalaila

^ Only Vol3 spoiler is not really out, we only got the illustration though.

Raw manga is out, not going to say where.

Flat as an anvil oh Dwarf~
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 09:24   Link #204
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
^ Only Vol3 spoiler is not really out, we only got the illustration though.

Raw manga is out, not going to say where.

Flat as an anvil oh Dwarf~
BURN! With molten metal!

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 13:32   Link #205
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

High Elf, Shaman Dwarf and Shaman Lizarman in the manga and they're a fun bunch.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 21:43   Link #206
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Looks like little priestess got intimidated by Magisa's cleavage. That was adorable.
Old 2016-09-24, 23:19   Link #207
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

How popular should a series be before it gets official merchandise for it? I'm sorely wanting a Goblin Slayer figma set now...
Because I have a Hobgoblin and Green Goblin action figure. And this would be fun to display

Last edited by wavehawk; 2016-09-24 at 23:39.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:11   Link #208
Bombo
TSF Fans

Seriously...this series is poplur but the characters doesn't have thier own name hahaha XD
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 17:10   Link #209
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Red face

Yeah, I really want to give her an actual name. She kind of looks like an Alice, but really doesn't feel like one.
Old 2016-09-26, 06:54   Link #210
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

It's basically like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha where everyone is just called by their class/job name.
Old 2016-09-26, 20:48   Link #211
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

I like the fact that the dwarf recognizes the effort GS put in for his craft. He'll be actually give a reason why his armor looks worn and torn and not shiny new.

Also, lol at his obsession for goblin
"Demon lord are resurrecting blah blah"

"I only hunt goblins"

"We want you to hunt goblins"

"Where? How many?"

Thiis line though:
"Before the world ends, goblins will put an end to many more villages".

Not only does it makes senses to me it makes me think that deep down some part of him is doing this so that few other would have to go through what he did.
Old 2016-09-26, 21:36   Link #212
kaikalaila

Spoiler for No asking:

Beard Cutter
It that a dwarven word for Goblin Slayer?

Sorceress way of talking, is it only in the manga or the same as the LN/WN?

Straight to the point and asking efficient questions.

Ah, so that's why there isn't any large expedition in clearing Goblins. Distrust among races.

Last edited by kaikalaila; 2016-09-26 at 21:46.
Old 2016-09-26, 21:41   Link #213
Blueknight78

hello guys, i'm post because i really get interested in this serie and the "dark tone" but one thing is buging me, because currently i'm only following the manga and we had so far 5 chapters and while i like the serious and dangerous tone of the serie the "rape" side is annoying me a little like the series started to look more focused on "rape girls" than actually tell a good story, don't get me wrong, i'm not against rape happen what disturb me is the Frenquence", like currently we have 2 arcs where basically 2 groups get raped by goblins and both of then looked really stupids and terrible, this make looks like the serie is about "how only GS is the only one which can kill goblins and everyone else is just "rape material" and that is my fear if it's really that the serie or i can wait for a really good focus and not almost every girl in almost every group will be raped???.

I really want to keep following this serie but if indeed the focus of the serie will be just "goblins raping girls" every group is terrible ineficient against goblins and only goblin slayer can do that then i will probably drop it because this can make the plot looks really stupid and more like "for rape lovers or something like that".

then since probably novel being the source and be more ahead the manga things get better and we can see others peoples being "at last able to deal with goblins or only goblinslayer and everyone else will be the "useless rape target of the week??
Old 2016-09-26, 23:58   Link #214
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

Quote:
Sorceress way of talking, is it only in the manga or the same as the LN/WN?

Straight to the point and asking efficient questions.
She was constantly pausing. What's up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
hello guys, i'm post because i really get interested in this serie and the "dark tone" but one thing is buging me, because currently i'm only following the manga and we had so far 5 chapters and while i like the serious and dangerous tone of the serie the "rape" side is annoying me a little like the series started to look more focused on "rape girls" than actually tell a good story, don't get me wrong, i'm not against rape happen what disturb me is the Frenquence", like currently we have 2 arcs where basically 2 groups get raped by goblins and both of then looked really stupids and terrible, this make looks like the serie is about "how only GS is the only one which can kill goblins and everyone else is just "rape material" and that is my fear if it's really that the serie or i can wait for a really good focus and not almost every girl in almost every group will be raped???.

I really want to keep following this serie but if indeed the focus of the serie will be just "goblins raping girls" every group is terrible ineficient against goblins and only goblin slayer can do that then i will probably drop it because this can make the plot looks really stupid and more like "for rape lovers or something like that".

then since probably novel being the source and be more ahead the manga things get better and we can see others peoples being "at last able to deal with goblins or only goblinslayer and everyone else will be the "useless rape target of the week??
I agree.

also, I'm more jealous over GS than ever now. ;I; Sorceress made it worse.
Old 2016-09-27, 01:15   Link #215
pervypig

Quote:

Rape and pillage from goblins are only part of the story. You'd like this story because it has a far more realistic take on D&D than any of those fantasy medieval RPG settings introduced thus far. It is not that every group is terribly inefficient, it is just that our MC is terribly efficient and pragmatic against goblins - to bring an example: adventurer groups, whether vet or noob, would take the most common setup of 1 warrior, 1 ranger, 1 mage and 1 healer into a goblin den and follow the fantasy party position of warrior in front, mage and healer at back. This setup got screwed over because goblin caves have ambush entrances undetectable in the dark.

Our GS? He brings a stack of firewood, amber and Sulphur, light a fire in front of the goblin den, cast a scroll of wind into the den to smoke out the goblins - and he does it almost every time because it is so effective to the point that his friends find it boring to adventure with him. And it's not that he can't fight hand-to-hand either. He use anything on hand, bow, torch, broken bones snatched off the corpses of gobs to make quick work of gobs. That's what make the series so lovable - while people worship heroes who go campaigning against big huge demon lords, GS just kill gobs without any romantism involved. Technically, u can consider him the clean-up crew for any RPG world which let u encounter a slime or goblin every 5 steps.
Old 2016-09-27, 06:35   Link #216
kaikalaila

Quote:

You can't be called a Goblin Slayer if you're not an expect in the job. I believe that there's only a few 'shown' rape after the steel rank party as frequency kind of dropped.

Goblin rape because they are born that way with having literally no female so expect some scenes to be there. The two groups are probably to show the consequences when looking down on a threat that got recently buffed by God and unprepared as well as hasty judgement.

Party 1 consists of the beginners with each member being fresh. Swordie though heard a story of working together and not learning from it while being ill equipped. Wizard is praised to be the best and came out snobbish. Priestess is really fresh. Only Fighter could have handle it but got bad lucked.

Party 2 consists of the Steel ranks. Their team is actually doing well. The problem is that the leader made two mistakes. One is being too hasty in enemy territory at the last moment and not fully equipped to be the 'tank' of the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERERABBIT View Post
She was constantly pausing. What's up with that?
Maybe in Japanese it would sound more like the talking style of a wise old sage
Old 2016-09-27, 09:41   Link #217
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

So, like, things:

- I really enjoyed this new little group, they have fun chemistry.
- Elf Girl is 2000 years old.......? Yeeeeeeaaaah, I'm not buying that, even in terms of fiction. She looks like a teen and is only a Silver Rank (which I'm schocked, I'd taken her for Steel or something).
- What do the other two do. Lizard dude looks insane.
- Is Lancer tapping that
- That one little scene were Priestess was shocked about Soreceress'...attributes. It was funny and adorable. Intimidated or jealous? Heard she wasn't used to the slutty outfit.
yeah, I'm still sad about that ending.
Old 2016-09-27, 10:42   Link #218
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Rape and pillage from goblins are only part of the story. You'd like this story because it has a far more realistic take on D&D than any of those fantasy medieval RPG settings introduced thus far. It is not that every group is terribly inefficient, it is just that our MC is terribly efficient and pragmatic against goblins - to bring an example: adventurer groups, whether vet or noob, would take the most common setup of 1 warrior, 1 ranger, 1 mage and 1 healer into a goblin den and follow the fantasy party position of warrior in front, mage and healer at back. This setup got screwed over because goblin caves have ambush entrances undetectable in the dark.

Our GS? He brings a stack of firewood, amber and Sulphur, light a fire in front of the goblin den, cast a scroll of wind into the den to smoke out the goblins - and he does it almost every time because it is so effective to the point that his friends find it boring to adventure with him. And it's not that he can't fight hand-to-hand either. He use anything on hand, bow, torch, broken bones snatched off the corpses of gobs to make quick work of gobs. That's what make the series so lovable - while people worship heroes who go campaigning against big huge demon lords, GS just kill gobs without any romantism involved. Technically, u can consider him the clean-up crew for any RPG world which let u encounter a slime or goblin every 5 steps.
Quote:
You can't be called a Goblin Slayer if you're not an expect in the job. I believe that there's only a few 'shown' rape after the steel rank party as frequency kind of dropped.

Goblin rape because they are born that way with having literally no female so expect some scenes to be there. The two groups are probably to show the consequences when looking down on a threat that got recently buffed by God and unprepared as well as hasty judgement.

Party 1 consists of the beginners with each member being fresh. Swordie though heard a story of working together and not learning from it while being ill equipped. Wizard is praised to be the best and came out snobbish. Priestess is really fresh. Only Fighter could have handle it but got bad lucked.

Party 2 consists of the Steel ranks. Their team is actually doing well. The problem is that the leader made two mistakes. One is being too hasty in enemy territory at the last moment and not fully equipped to be the 'tank' of the party.

Maybe in Japanese it would sound more like the talking style of a wise old sage
thanks for the replay, to be clear i don't mind mc being super efficient, because ofcourse he is the Goblin Slayer, he is really supposed to be awesome on that, my concern is the "other side" like i told make every group look terrible and stupid to make the goblin slayer look more godly, like get a lv 100 or 1000 or whatever maxed group can be which can easy take down the demonlord, but get raped by goblins and thinks like, when is normal some groups does mistakes and i don't mind my concern is about when every group do mistakes, like told the writer keep using it or overuse of this plot device, this could make really not realistic if every group can destroy the big monsters but can't even scratch goblins this make the serie looks less realistic and too dumbas and plot forced.

well if it's not keep being overused then probably i will gonna like it, i also like to see a more "dark and serious" look at D&D, as GM in the past i also sometimes used that things about pillage and things like that to make my "evil guys even more evil", my favorite world without a doubt was and still ravenloft i really liked all the "horror" and gothic theme of it.
Old 2016-09-27, 12:17   Link #219
pervypig

^ U dun need to fear dat. It was stated in even from Vol. 1 that more experienced adventurers avoid gob missions becos they pay too little, but given equal numbers of gobs (including shaman and elites) and adventurers, adventurers WILL pwn gobs. The failures are only shown once or twice to make a point... subsequent story's more about the world setting and how GS dealt with gobs
Old 2016-09-27, 13:47   Link #220
nfsac

The MC eating at the table while wearing his helm was epic

Last edited by nfsac; 2016-09-27 at 14:29.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?