AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-25, 23:39   Link #1061
Lilith
Your average fangirl

I see, thanks AisuruMirai! I'm dense, I didn't recognize anything until you mentioned it. Now to look for a better scan of the album cover (Morita and Takemoto playing guitar <3).
Old 2006-10-26, 13:01   Link #1062
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I see, thanks AisuruMirai! I'm dense, I didn't recognize anything until you mentioned it. Now to look for a better scan of the album cover (Morita and Takemoto playing guitar <3).
You're welcome. I'm sorry I only just now read your reply, but if you haven't yet found a good scan, here's one. I think it's an unresized scan, so it's unlikely you'll find anything larger.

& if you want to listen to a short clip of each song, you can go here.

じゃ、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:57   Link #1063
Lilith
Your average fangirl

No no, it's okay. Thanks! It's so cute. (hehe Morita so fits into the image of a musician)
Old 2006-11-04, 13:17   Link #1064
AisuruMirai
箱者

I received the 1st DVD on Friday. It contains the first three episodes &, like the 1st season's limited edition DVDs, has its own box & comes w/ a special item. The box is glossy & embossed & features Ayu in a floral dress, accompanied by butterflies & flowers. Like the previous boxes, this cover is based on an H&C painting by Umino Chika. The special item is a Whip-chan cell phone strap. Some photos (I'm sorry about the lighting; I just had two little lamps...& I don't have a scanner...). (These are thumbnails, by the way; click to enlarge them.)

Front of box, still shrinkwrapped:

Front of box, still shrinkwrapped, w/ embossing visible (sort of):

Whip-chan package, still shrinkwrapped:

All contents:

Back of DVD case & back of box:

DVD & Whip-chan cell phone strap:

では、
パステル模様の未来

EDIT: By the way, I mentioned a long time ago that I'd bring a "visual gift". This wasn't it. I had intended at the time to carve an H&C pumpkin & show it to everyone here, but after about 5 hours of carving I made some fatal flaws & had to quit. Then I figured I'd just wait until ANN announced their pumpkin carving contest & then start on it again & enter it--might as well win some DVDs, too, I thought. But I found out that there would be no contest. Then I found out belatedly that there was one. So, w/ little time remaining, I carved the one I posted in the Red Garden thread b/c I thought I could do that one more quickly. Anyway, maybe I'll do the H&C one next year.

またね。

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-12-06 at 03:30.
Old 2006-11-13, 22:44   Link #1065
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
IF any guys in here think they are going to win a sex talk against a women and still be able to talk about realism all i can say good luck. I wouldnt go there even if someone else was talking with my words

The debate over sex in anime and if she be in or our in a paticular scene has been doen to death most people find one way or another to complain about either there was too much sex or not enough just take it for what it is
Old 2006-11-14, 07:28   Link #1066
katsumi
ghostly member

Finally I've gotten 'round to watch Honey & Clover II, it has taken me quite some time , and I have to say, it didn't disappoint me .
The continuation of season one and the series conclusion were well done.
I even liked the character designs here a bit better, especially Hagu who seemed to be drawn more grown up and not that child-like.

In some points of the story i've been wishing for different developpements but that was just cuz i felt with every single character wanting the best outcome for them
And I totally rooted for Nomiya-san

The scene of the accident + the after effects / story as well as the last scenes of the very last episode with Hagu and Takemoto were emotional as could be (and I just couldn't help beginning to cry....)

I've just been reading through some of the last comments (not the whole thread, will take some time for that...) and seriously, I had no problem with the "lack" of sex scenes. From my POV you don't have to show sex for it to be there. Seen as sex is a vital part of our life

I don't know about the realism thing though. I guess it seems kind of unrealistic to some, but it wouldn't have added to the story IMO.
And I guess, just as stated by others too, there are times when you're so crazy in love with somebody who isn't reachable that you just can't hook up with anyone else (reading= you don't want to). umm, yeah, personal experience.... 3 years, can you believe it? Well, what did I want to say anyway.... H & C II was well done and I wouldn't want anything added.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:03   Link #1067
potholes
~ hanabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumi View Post
I've just been reading through some of the last comments (not the whole thread, will take some time for that...) and seriously, I had no problem with the "lack" of sex scenes. From my POV you don't have to show sex for it to be there. Seen as sex is a vital part of our life

I don't know about the realism thing though. I guess it seems kind of unrealistic to some, but it wouldn't have added to the story IMO.
And I guess, just as stated by others too, there are times when you're so crazy in love with somebody who isn't reachable that you just can't hook up with anyone else Well, what did I want to say anyway.... H & C II was well done and I wouldn't want anything added.
Well said Katsumi definitely nothing needed to be added to H&C II. IMO it couldnt have been any better
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:38   Link #1068
tritoch

I hate implicit sex.. Alot of thoughts actually go through your head when you have sex. I want to know what exactly goes in these characters head while doing it.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:59   Link #1069
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Finally caught up with both series, thanks in part to my local Animax having showed the first series. H&C is a great show. I'm further impressed by Sugita Tomokazu's performance as Mayama.

Off-topic useless trivia to Nanoha fans: In the first two series of Nanoha, Chrono is voiced by Takahashi Mikako, who did Yamada Ayumi in H&C. At the epilogue of the second series, a grown up Chrono is shown, and he is now voiced by none other than Sugita Tomokazu (Mayama).

Veteren Ueda Yuji was excellent as always as the eccentric genius Morita.

The ending was bittersweet, Hagu sure went through a lot of work just to show how sorry she was to have to turn down Takemoto's love.

Glad to hear Kamiya would be doing Takemoto's voice after all in the final episode. Nojima Kenji did well as a stand-in, but it took some time getting used to the awkwardness of the change in voice.

BTW, what's all the talk about this show being "unrealistic" just because there's no sex? Does everything have to be sex? Seems to be a "Westerner" perspective in this series set in an Eastern country. Different countries have different attitudes to sex. In terms of realism, this series is one of the more realistic animes around, apart from Monster.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 17:51   Link #1070
potholes
~ hanabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
BTW, what's all the talk about this show being "unrealistic" just because there's no sex? Does everything have to be sex? Seems to be a "Westerner" perspective in this series set in an Eastern country. Different countries have different attitudes to sex. In terms of realism, this series is one of the more realistic animes around, apart from Monster.
You'll be surprised! Read back the previous posts in the thread
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 17:58   Link #1071
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm GAR for Sugita Tomokazu. OH NOZ.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 20:06   Link #1072
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Can't keep a good physics223 out of a bumped H&C thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
I hate implicit sex.. Alot of thoughts actually go through your head when you have sex. I want to know what exactly goes in these characters head while doing it.
You know, I can't argue with this, but at the same time they needed to keep the sex implicit, so as to not draw attention from other aspects and themes of Mayama and Rika's relationship that I imagine the creators wanted to focus on moreso (ie, Rika's suicidalness, Mayama's invasion of her privacy, etc etc). The fact that they had sex is obviously imperative to the story, but at the same time there were other aspects of the story which were more important and, I'd argue, more intriguing. The sex was only one component of there relationship, and it would have been excessive had they spent more time on it than they did, since it would have cost precious time to deal with other things, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 04:37   Link #1073
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I would agree with Sorrow in this. I have nothing more to add.

PS. No, really, I'm GAR for Sugita Tomokazu. ISN'T HE AMAZING? and he looks handsome, too ... LOL
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 12:23   Link #1074
kei25

>physics223
Sugita-chan
http://komica0.dreamhosters.com/41/src/1163176704285.jpg
http://komica0.dreamhosters.com/41/src/1163421407919.jpg

I'm not sure when these were taken..

Last edited by kei25; 2006-11-15 at 22:50.
kei25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 20:25   Link #1075
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Here's another site with info on Sugita-chan:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=910

With links to his personal webpage too.
Old 2006-11-17, 08:25   Link #1076
katsumi
ghostly member

Agreed on Sugita Tomozaku, I guess his voice acting was it why Mayama was my favorite male character
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
Well, to tell the truth, I wouldn't want to know EXACTLY what goes in their heads while havin sex. You know, there are those studies where it's said people think about all possible things while doing it, but not about sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
The ending was bittersweet, Hagu sure went through a lot of work just to show how sorry she was to have to turn down Takemoto's love.
You just gave me a new perspective, Kinny Riddle, I never thought of it like that. That's why I love these forums
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 01:21   Link #1077
sKy.death
Seeker~!!

Hey does anyone know where to get the piano version of Dramatic and Waltz? thx~~
sKy.death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 04:08   Link #1078
Lilith
Your average fangirl

For completely unknown and propably unjustified reasons, there are no official releases of these wonderful two music pieces!

However, you can get them here: http://www.honeyandclover.net/ (courtsey of Theowne).
Old 2006-11-23, 09:21   Link #1079
sKy.death
Seeker~!!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
For completely unknown and propably unjustified reasons, there are no official releases of these wonderful two music pieces!

However, you can get them here: http://www.honeyandclover.net/ (courtsey of Theowne).
THANKS!! lol.
sKy.death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 03:46   Link #1080
AisuruMirai
箱者

H&CII DVD 2, released 24 Nov 2006:

またね、
アイスル未来

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance