AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 12:10   Link #6541
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Either way it's going to be pretty funny to see anime-only viewers flip when they don't even get to see the blade dance after which the series was named.
That is amusing in its own way but keep in mind what else they'll miss.
After all assuming they do it right and do 3 volumes we'll see a bunch of interesting things.
  1. More Violent Claire
  2. weak kamito
  3. All the girls will be not nearly as indifferent
  4. Fianna with big boobs (since in volume 2 she's using the blood stone)
  5. Rinslet will be impossible to like
  6. They wont get to see some of the more popular characters in the current volumes
Blade dance is a classic case of a show that you need a large majority to make it work.
There's little doubt spoilers will be rampant since its a show you basically have to convince people to wait on because it really gets good after volume 3 and really on the first few volumes alone is rather poor

Try erasing all your knowledge about the show and read the first 3 volumes alone and tell me would u watch an anime based on it.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 12:43   Link #6542
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
That is amusing in its own way but keep in mind what else they'll miss.
After all assuming they do it right and do 3 volumes we'll see a bunch of interesting things.
  1. More Violent Claire
  2. weak kamito
  3. All the girls will be not nearly as indifferent
  4. Fianna with big boobs (since in volume 2 she's using the blood stone)
  5. Rinslet will be impossible to like
  6. They wont get to see some of the more popular characters in the current volumes
Blade dance is a classic case of a show that you need a large majority to make it work.
There's little doubt spoilers will be rampant since its a show you basically have to convince people to wait on because it really gets good after volume 3 and really on the first few volumes alone is rather poor

Try erasing all your knowledge about the show and read the first 3 volumes alone and tell me would u watch an anime based on it.
If the studio's trying to rush things up, then my prediction might like this:
- 2 episodes for Claire's , 2 for Fianna's and 2 for Ellis's
- and the rest is ... Blade Dance Festival's arc
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 12:52   Link #6543
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohno Ren View Post
If the studio's trying to rush things up, then my prediction might like this:
- 2 episodes for Claire's , 2 for Fianna's and 2 for Ellis's
- and the rest is ... Blade Dance Festival's arc
Rushing would be an understatement that would be impossible to cram all that into 6 episodes
Old 2014-07-03, 12:57   Link #6544
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Rushing would be an understatement that would be impossible to cram all that into 6 episodes
I also think that they will omit/skip many details as well as change the script so that it can fit in a short time slideshow
Old 2014-07-03, 12:57   Link #6545
XFire
150% done

I'd prefer them to do it the way they did DxD, two volumes per season. Actually, Blade Dance has short volumes, so three could work. That way they hit a good stopping point and second season can jump right into it.
Old 2014-07-03, 13:00   Link #6546
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Based on how the LNs go, I think the anime team is ultimately going to screw with the order of how things go:

They'll save the battle against Jio (which is a vol. 2 battle) for the finale, and introduce all the girls first, plus maybe deal with their stories as well. The debauchery that is going to happen to this series... well, I'm still watching it anyways

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 13:02   Link #6547
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Based on how the LNs go, I think the anime team is ultimately going to screw with the order of how things go:

They'll save the battle against Jio (which is a vol. 2 battle) for the finale, and introduce all the girls first, plus maybe deal with their stories as well. The debauchery that is going to happen to this series... well, I'm still watching it anyways
Now I feel sorry for Rinslet
Old 2014-07-03, 13:05   Link #6548
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'd prefer them to do it the way they did DxD, two volumes per season. Actually, Blade Dance has short volumes, so three could work. That way they hit a good stopping point and second season can jump right into it.
to do it justice they have to do it that way but sadly that rarely matters
Old 2014-07-03, 13:35   Link #6549
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Finally caught up with the series. It took me more time than expected, but the World cup was here

I'm liking this series more and more with each volume. I still find the characters bad overall and the story not this interesting. But the atmosphere of the series caught me.

If I had a complaint. It'd be about Restia. Just choose already. Making her disappear or not ? Killing her or not ? Erasing memories or not ? It's getting old. I hope her situation will be fully resolved with the next volume.
Old 2014-07-03, 13:57   Link #6550
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Finally caught up with the series. It took me more time than expected, but the World cup was here

I'm liking this series more and more with each volume. I still find the characters bad overall and the story not this interesting. But the atmosphere of the series caught me.

If I had a complaint. It'd be about Restia. Just choose already. Making her disappear or not ? Killing her or not ? Erasing memories or not ? It's getting old. I hope her situation will be fully resolved with the next volume.
Yeah, me too, restia needs since now stick closer to kamito...
For gods sake its enough with restia, allow her stay with kamito(for me restia a lot better than est)
This way, restia legal wife() and the other girls fighting over him... allow violentic tsunderes pettankos die No more louise,No more aria.

More restia, more yue,more stella ejem
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:06   Link #6551
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Yeah, me too, restia needs since now stick closer to kamito...
For gods sake its enough with restia, allow her stay with kamito(for me restia a lot better than est)
This way, restia legal wife() and the other girls fighting over him... allow violentic tsunderes pettankos die No more louise,No more aria.

More restia, more yue,more stella ejem
I think the author explained why Restia had to be reset like the Elemental Lords, she was corrupted by the darkness and it was slowly destroying her. Now she is a clean slate, literally. Of course, these next couple of volumes will explore her much more deeply. Regain her strength, memories, and creating a deeper relationship with Kamito and the rest of the girls and so on.

Though I do understand your frustration, just letting you know there was a purpose for it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 14:14   Link #6552
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

What's itching me here is the fact that we got an amnesia plot just before.
Old 2014-07-03, 15:06   Link #6553
tsunade666

I think the other purpose for always removing Restia is because she will automatically win >_> have you seen the popularity poll for serei tsukai? restia always win and landslide against the other girls. Est come near but still in this story.

The author is milking the franchise by baiting the fans for tease of Restia.

SEIREI(SPIRIT) > Human girls.
Old 2014-07-03, 15:15   Link #6554
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Yeah, I was the poll. And wasn't surprised by it. When I was reading the novel I was reading it for Restia, and Est. The result of the poll sounded right to me.
Old 2014-07-03, 20:41   Link #6555
teejmo

... I like Leonora...
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 21:36   Link #6556
Vaans
NEET

Restia has to be toned down, because she's too awesome!

Both her and Est are in the top followed by Claire, Ellis, and Rinslet.

I love Volume 13 so much. It had really good development for Ellis snatching a smooch there, then Rinslet having the most development, with her aggresiveness was a sure delight.

Despite, being surrounded by girls who loves Kamito, the only girl who has his heart is Restia.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 21:48   Link #6557
ImperialFlameGod8190

u guys do realize that restia will play a very small role in the anime if they use only the first 3 volumes as they should
Old 2014-07-03, 21:57   Link #6558
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohno Ren View Post
I also think that they will omit/skip many details as well as change the script so that it can fit in a short time slideshow
The LN isn't that long to begin with. It's also quite short by the standards of the industry, so cutting anything would be pretty bad.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 22:16   Link #6559
Kioras

We should be getting novels 1 and 2. The preview images do not show Velsaria at all, but we do see Restia and Jio.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 22:42   Link #6560
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
u guys do realize that restia will play a very small role in the anime if they use only the first 3 volumes as they should
That sort of sucks considering that Restia is just plain awesome and sexy too boot. The anime like what I've read is going to animate the preliminary phase aka. Claire and Kamito meeting, Est, and the formation of Team Scarlet etc. But I really hope they do volume 4 as well. It's pretty much not likely at this point, but it'll also give Restia a bit more screentime since in volume 4 she and Kamito share an intimate moment.

Plus, the volume also serves as the opening ceremony before actually the tournament itself...so all we have to do is wait to see how this will actually go I suppose.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap