AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 31.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 39.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-01, 04:35   Link #261
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post

Elio looks badass btw.

the first top screens of the transformations of the cadets reminds me of a "choose your character" in fighting games...
possible wallpapers also....nice poses

and Fate and Nanoha's transformations, man they grew up so fast
Old 2007-05-01, 04:50   Link #262
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
and Fate and Nanoha's transformations, man they grew up so fast
Given their age (19), there is little reason to be surprised that they are "fully developed"
Old 2007-05-01, 04:54   Link #263
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yea, thats because i just got into watching the Nanoha series just this year and was surprised that the third season was 10 years into the future...and yea i'm not that surprised that they're fully developed...

(i still need to watch this episode anyways) but sounds like episode 5 was great...alot of people had nosebleeds!

and Fate wears lace pantsu...wow
Nanoha with her hair down...wow
the cadets transformation when done...(prepare to choose your character...)wow and cool
Old 2007-05-01, 05:01   Link #264
Flar

Speaking about that, it's now official, Nanoha and Fate are asexual, the producers went out of their way to show us what was under their panties without any lense flare or special effect to distract us, and there is nothing there.
Old 2007-05-01, 05:09   Link #265
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Speaking about that, it's now official, Nanoha and Fate are asexual, the producers went out of their way to show us what was under their panties without any lense flare or special effect to distract us, and there is nothing there.
Don't forget Subaru too. She just stood there in Final Fusion (I think?) pose for 1 whole unobscured second...
Old 2007-05-01, 05:29   Link #266
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
I think it was more of a censorship issue rather than what the producers are trying to show us. Censorship is also the reason why no nipples are ever shown on "regular" anime.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-05-01, 06:05   Link #267
Flar

I know, it was ironic, doesn't mean it's not ridiculous to have direct unobstructed shots at censored zones. Might as well have kept the panties.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:32   Link #268
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Don't forget Subaru too. She just stood there in Final Fusion (I think?) pose for 1 whole unobscured second...
What amuses me a lot about Subaru's sequence is her expression after her clothes explode off. Like... she's so happy to shed them or something. Makes me wonder whether she ever fantasised of streaking in the streets.

Oh, and Subaru also holds the unique distinction of being the only female to not have any undergarments during her transformation sequence (everything explodes off in one shot). Kinda fits her tomboy character actually.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:42   Link #269
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
What amuses me a lot about Subaru's sequence is her expression after her clothes explode off. Like... she's so happy to shed them or something. Makes me wonder whether she ever fantasised of streaking in the streets.

Oh, and Subaru also holds the unique distinction of being the only female to not have any undergarments during her transformation sequence (everything explodes off in one shot). Kinda fits her tomboy character actually.

Cheers.
Ah the Eternal Law of Male Mentality: Get in, get it, get out, fast.

Streaking in the streets...? Hmm...

Subaru: Say remember that time I said that Teana loved to m**t**b*** in full goth loli...
Teana: Oh I'm sure! I remember all the times you did thunder runs when you lost silly bets at college, and you were enjoying it!
Subaru: W-what?! Enjoying?! Since when?!
Caro: What's a thunder run?
Erio: *nosebleeds* Chrono said something about that...
Old 2007-05-01, 07:13   Link #270
Thisguy
Negikamo

After watching through B part for several more times, I noticed that...

Dr. Spagetti's monitors show all the members of RF6 Forwards, except Teana.

Perhaps he's not interested in Teana for she's rather ordinary among RF6...
Ironically for Tia though, that everyone else in RF6 is either extremely talented or has some background within them.
(Even Subaru seems to have exceedingly great deal of magic power pool, according to Tia in Comic)

Well, then again it's often this kind of ordinary, yet effortful kind of person that defeats such a villain by outwitting him, so I'm looking forward for more of her action.
Spoiler for not-so-good outcome:
Old 2007-05-01, 07:30   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
After watching through B part for several more times, I noticed that...

Dr. Spagetti's monitors show all the members of RF6 Forwards, except Teana.

Perhaps he's not interested in Teana for she's rather ordinary among RF6...
Ironically for Tia though, that everyone else in RF6 is either extremely talented or has some background within them.
(Even Subaru seems to have exceedingly great deal of magic power pool, according to Tia in Comic)

Well, then again it's often this kind of ordinary, yet effortful kind of person that defeats such a villain by outwitting him, so I'm looking forward for more of her action.
There might be a simpler explaination for that. All of the other members had pulled of rather impressive moves outside the train. Where the images come from.

All Teana did was fire two shots. And most of her actions seem to be inside the train.

Also, notice that Rein isn't there as well? If the reason was interest, then I don't think a scientist like him would let up a chance to study her.

Quote:
Spoiler for not-so-good outcome:
I don't recall anyone saying that about Teana ?
Old 2007-05-01, 07:55   Link #272
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Caro: What's a thunder run?
I wonder if it's sad that I'm going to have to echo Caro's question. I've never heard of this "thunder run", although judging from context, it's probably something NSFW.

In any case, I'm wondering how common Devices are in the Nanoha-verse. Teana builds her own Cartridge Device at age... thirteen or so? And Subaru also has those (unnamed) rollerblades when she joined. Revolver Knuckle is, as far as I can tell, something like a family heirloom, and I don't know how Subaru was carrying it around prior to episode 4, but after she gets Mach Calibre, Revolver Knuckle gets bundled in with that pendant-gem. Basically, two Devices in one handy container.

What I'm wondering are the exact mechanics in how it all works, and if Devices can all be configured like this (say, have Strada and Bardiche in one "container" when on standby). Or if I'm thinking about this too hard.

Come to think of it, where did Raising Heart and Bardiche really come from? How well have they been documented and researched?
Old 2007-05-01, 08:21   Link #273
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Come to think of it, where did Raising Heart and Bardiche really come from? How well have they been documented and researched?
Raging Heart was acquired by the Scrya Clan during an archelogical dig, her background before that is unknown.

Bardiche was purchased by Precia 'at great cost' for Fate.

Amusing observation:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-01, 08:27   Link #274
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Talking about Devices, i'm wondering something about Strada :
the current Strada is an updated version of itself? or rather a brand new Strada, created from scratch, based on the training version?

since his "language setup" has been modified (except if "sonic move" was a mistake of the studio), it would mean the later : a strada MK II.
Old 2007-05-01, 08:31   Link #275
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the current Strada is an updated version of itself? or rather a brand new Strada, created from scratch, based on the training version?
The housing is probably the same, but only the barest elements of an AI was installed. The 'upgrade' was likely the addition of his core reasoning functions (the same with Kerykeion).

Another possibility is that Strada is the same and previously had some form of limiter on ALL his functions until they were sure Elio would't chop his leg off by accident.
Old 2007-05-01, 08:42   Link #276
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Another possibility is that Strada is the same and previously had some form of limiter on ALL his functions until they were sure Elio would't chop his leg off by accident.
my bad, i missed Rein explanation in Ep 4 : yeah right, it appears that Strada and Kerykeion have been redesigned, so Erio and Caro can use them with full potential, since they are now accustomed with their device.

but i was really wondering about the AI (the fact they could speak before made me think they had at least an impleted AI, even though they were limited devices). *scratches his head* Strada language change still make me wonder why it has been modified (Signum influence? no complain, Strada german sounds a lot like Laevateinn : sexy ^^)

i guess there is no background for them, and we can assume they were provided by TSAB?
Old 2007-05-01, 08:57   Link #277
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I wonder if it's sad that I'm going to have to echo Caro's question. I've never heard of this "thunder run", although judging from context, it's probably something NSFW.

In any case, I'm wondering how common Devices are in the Nanoha-verse. Teana builds her own Cartridge Device at age... thirteen or so? And Subaru also has those (unnamed) rollerblades when she joined. Revolver Knuckle is, as far as I can tell, something like a family heirloom, and I don't know how Subaru was carrying it around prior to episode 4, but after she gets Mach Calibre, Revolver Knuckle gets bundled in with that pendant-gem. Basically, two Devices in one handy container.

What I'm wondering are the exact mechanics in how it all works, and if Devices can all be configured like this (say, have Strada and Bardiche in one "container" when on standby). Or if I'm thinking about this too hard.

*flexes Librarian powers*

1. Thunder run = Running naked on roof tops

2. Availability of Devices = I'd say rarer than guns in than US, but more common than knives. This is because IDs are rarer than the standard kind, and after that we still have to notice that the TSAB is made mostly out of mages using standard masspro "Zaku"-equivalent devices.

3. 2 for 1: Well if you view spells, barrier jackets and devices to be stored as data, then the idea of compression should explain it. Also, Subaru's device sets are stored in a big gemstone, which allows for 3-dimensional intergrated circuits and those can hold more data than a flat device and possibly more space than RH's jewel form.

4. Can it be replicated? Possibly. It's up to the author really. I play with the idea that a really good techie can have a deck of 60 Storage Devices, each farely simple but geared towards a certain task, after seeing SU4 being sealed into a thin card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Talking about Devices, i'm wondering something about Strada :

since his "language setup" has been modified (except if "sonic move" was a mistake of the studio), it would mean the later : a strada MK II.
I can't really comment on this until I've seen and understood the epi, but I'll get back to you once I get it down pat. I always need to sort little bits of tech and stuff just to write well, so rest assured I'll get it done.

But for a working theory: Sonic Move was a copied MC spell, and since Strada's an NV device, together with my belief that its MC-emulated Velka and hence akin to a Mac running Bootcamp, it would be logical that Strada can run both spells. However there should be some difference in power because the MC emulation would eat up some of the available resources for "running" the spell "program".

Did that help?
Old 2007-05-01, 09:00   Link #278
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
The TSAB uses devices because it's designed around the mages, and they have great resources so there's no reason not to equip the mages with the best equipment. Since using a device improves what a mage can do, they assign devices to all of the TSAB mages.

Now, since the TSAB trains mages, we have to presume that training would include the theory of how devices are made and work, along with practical courses in making them since they need people who can build and maintain them. They never stated when Subaru and Teana made their devices, but I'll go out on a limb and say it would have to have been during the year between when they signed up and when Issue 4 of the manga happened. The reason I say that is, since magical devices are shown as being the best weapons, I'd have to assume they regulate access to the parts to build them at least, just like we do with firearms.

The left & right hand Revolver Knuckles, as stated in the StrikerS manga, were originally the devices used by Subaru's mother, a TSAB combat mage. She died, and since both her daughters chose to apply to the TSAB as mages, their father allowed them to each inherit one as their device. Which helps explain why Subaru chose to make her roller blades: she already had a device to use for attack and defense, so why not try to improve her mobility?

Quote:
No official technobabble on magical theory and mechanics - MGLN hasn't reached the level of Star Trek in that respect. Since the storage function had to be programmed in advance, I'd say they'd only try that if they specifically wanted to trick someone. ("Ok, I'm unarmed. See, no device." LATER "NOW!" "WHAT!? SHE had your device all along!? CURSES!")

Quote:
Since the TSAB has been maintaining and modifying (when needed) them for over 10 years, I would assume they've been pretty well researched.
Old 2007-05-01, 09:04   Link #279
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But for a working theory: Sonic Move was a copied MC spell, and since Strada's an NV device, together with my belief that its MC-emulated Velka and hence akin to a Mac running Bootcamp, it would be logical that Strada can run both spells. However there should be some difference in power because the MC emulation would eat up some of the available resources for "running" the spell "program".
Humm... i see, so the "language" setting is much more dependant of the Device System Type (and in this extent, the Spells), instead of the crafter/user personnal setting, correct? (thus German for Velka-type devices/spells, English for Mild-Childa Type devices/spells)

that makes the whole deal pretty much clear. (and before i get completely owned by a dumb misunderstanding, NV = Neo/New Velka ?)
Quote:
Did that help?
Pretty much, thanks (except if i misunderstood your explanations, but i don't think so... maybe )
Old 2007-05-01, 09:28   Link #280
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
I can't really comment on this until I've seen and understood the epi, but I'll get back to you once I get it down pat. I always need to sort little bits of tech and stuff just to write well, so rest assured I'll get it done.

Did that help?
Or it also be the way that New Belka is structured using a mid magic set up as a basic framework, since old Belka system is very rare and considered almost lost. so sonic move could be more compatible in adapt to a Belka style. or Sonic move can even be set up with Belka configurations, which is not unheard of considering the Subaru's DB (through it unclear if thats a copied move or an orginal with name DB).

I personally just link the language used to magic type for Nanoha, and not go much further then that, since it gives me a headache.
Closed Thread