Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-19, 07:22   Link #1
tbl
Affably Evil

Dominant relationship

Hi, looking for a manga/anime where the protagonist (male) is forced into a dominant relation ship (not necessarily romantic) with the female lead against his will, either by black mail, financial or social positions and so on. The protagonist has to be unhappy and angry about the situation (even so much as hating the female lead) and not submissive or a push over about it, also he has to at least somewhat awesome (no stupidity, pervertedness, etc). Princess Resurrection would be a good example if the protagonist wasn't a wimp and a looser.

Good or okay examples would be Zero no Tsukaima and even The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. There's Show Me the Money but the male lead leaves a bit to be desired.

Thanks.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-12-19, 10:04   Link #2
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

kaiji, no female lead though - actually no females in the anime at all if i remember correctly
Old 2007-12-19, 14:01   Link #3
jedinat

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu - Hale is forced into basically being the shield between Guu and everyone else when she comes to live with him. He is extremely and vocally unhappy with the situation. Guu manipulates him mercilessly.

Ah, and xxxHOLiC. It is likely exactly what you are looking for. It's also a very good anime.
Old 2007-12-19, 16:37   Link #4
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
kaiji, no female lead though - actually no females in the anime at all if i remember correctly
So far, at least.
Old 2007-12-19, 20:14   Link #5
xplicitz

Final Approach, i think that fits what you're looking for.
Old 2007-12-19, 20:32   Link #6
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicitz View Post
Final Approach, i think that fits what you're looking for.
Sorry and thanks, but I don't believe it does.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-12-19, 20:58   Link #7
meh

I'm hesitant to list these, since it's very likely you're watching them right now, but since you don't have a list... Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun and Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2007-12-19, 22:45   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Hi, looking for a manga/anime where the protagonist (male) is forced into a dominant relation ship (not necessarily romantic) with the female lead against his will, either by black mail, financial or social positions and so on. The protagonist has to be unhappy and angry about the situation (even so much as hating the female lead) and not submissive or a push over about it, also he has to at least somewhat awesome (no stupidity, pervertedness, etc). Princess Resurrection would be a good example if the protagonist wasn't a wimp and a looser.

Good or okay examples would be Zero no Tsukaima and even The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. There's Show Me the Money but the male lead leaves a bit to be desired.

Thanks.
If you can wait a few weeks, that show is starting on January 4: They are my noble Masters. Enjoy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:48   Link #9
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
If you can wait a few weeks, that show is starting on January 4: They are my noble Masters. Enjoy.
Looks good, January 4th it is. Thanks.

Old 2007-12-20, 00:06   Link #10
Cyz
"Show it to me"

You could try watching Seto no Hanayome
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-12-20, 01:49   Link #11
gh0stmice
*Artist

i second Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun and Seto no Hanayome....but im pretty sure youve probably seen or are watching these...there not uncommon suggestions in any thread
Closed Thread